AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2009-06-23, 04:59   Link #2621
kyosak
poo

Anyone here play 'Gore Screaming Show'?

I just beat Akane's route (the happy ending) and it was pretty good but it left too many questions unanswered... >.> Maybe the bad endings will clear these up?

Spoiler for story:
kyosak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 09:28   Link #2622
patnam

WAiting for CROSS DAYS... dunno when to be released...!!!
patnam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:43   Link #2623
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Currently playing Little Busters! EX Saya's route... Damn, her route is confusing, but the game is the best ever saikou (>v<)/
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:53   Link #2624
Micchi
兄さんが望むなら...

Been playing trials for July releases lately. Owarinaki Natsu Towa Naru Shirabe and Sorairo were pretty good. Still waiting on Natsuyume Nagisa's demo.

Another 3 days till this month's releases...
Old 2009-06-23, 16:03   Link #2625
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micchi View Post
Been playing trials for July releases lately. Owarinaki Natsu Towa Naru Shirabe and Sorairo were pretty good. Still waiting on Natsuyume Nagisa's demo.

Another 3 days till this month's releases...
I was kinda hoping you might clear some of the titles in your backlog as there are some interesting titles there, which I would be really interested to read reviews about .
Old 2009-06-29, 17:28   Link #2626
DidCart

I'm going to start a new eroge, which one you guys recommend me to play?
Choose one that have an english version, please.
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 20:19   Link #2627
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
My all time favourite is Yume Miru Kusuri. Touching story and when the eroge scenes came to, I wasn't even very excited. The story was simply too good.

Well, for a real eroge my current favourite is Wanko to Kurasou. I picked it up as someone recommended it as a good loli eroge. But after I started playing, I found myself quickly skipping past the loli scenes, as I was more interested in Risa :P
Old 2009-06-29, 20:49   Link #2628
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Seems like most of those ero-games with good story is Japan only >.<. Personally I would like to try those games, but swtching setting for Japanese games and everyday use is to much a hassle(lots of people in my house is not good with computer so using Japanese setting will just confuse them lol). Any good story eroge that has been english translated out there?
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 22:24   Link #2629
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Seems like most of those ero-games with good story is Japan only >.<.
Don't worry. By the time the banned words officially start removing eroges off the shelves (if they aren't already or something), a good amount of those eroges are going to heaven...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-30, 02:01   Link #2630
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DidCart View Post
I'm going to start a new eroge, which one you guys recommend me to play?
Choose one that have an english version, please.
Indeed Yume Miru Kusuri is enjoyable, it's definitely one of the better commercially translated VN. I recommend that to everyone new to the eroges, and I hardly heard disappointments so far.
Old 2009-06-30, 07:52   Link #2631
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

While this might be more related to Suggestions subforum ... besides the already mentioned Yume Miru Kusuri, i would suggest Snow Sakura - while somewhat of a typical romance on one hand, it also has comedy in spades and managed to leave me out right laughing on more than one occasion - a very humorous and entertaining title, well worth the time. Kana: Little Sister is a rather universally praised title, so you might want to give it a shot. Unlike Snow Sakura though, this is not an uplifting title and is quite drama heavy. If that doesn't bother you, fire away.

If you can live without the ero part, i would immediately put forth Ever17, a great SciFi/"mystery" title, having a story that amongst the more intellectually written ones out there. The sheer impact of revelations near the end of finale left me dumbfounded (in a good way), and i was far from alone in that. The story centers around a group of people getting trapped inside and underwater amusement park during an accident, and the unfolding events that follow. Would be my first recommendation from the lot.
Old 2009-06-30, 09:59   Link #2632
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Right now, I'm really enjoying KiomoKawaE and Koenji Joshi Soccer 2.
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-01, 14:01   Link #2633
DidCart

Thank you all for the suggestions!
DidCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 21:09   Link #2634
Garet Jax

A bit of potentially interesting news: J-List/JAST has announced a partnership with Nitro+. Demonbane is the first listed title.
http://www.nitroplususa.com/
Garet Jax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 22:15   Link #2635
Sugar_Prayer
The Awesome One

Still enjoying KimokawaE.

And i just started playing Nursery Rhyme. Very cute story line.
Sugar_Prayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-03, 22:26   Link #2636
becky-chan
i smell tasty nom noms..

At the moment my favorite has to be Fate/Stay Night,playing the Unlimited Blade Works arc and I have to say its truly epic.
Old 2009-07-04, 06:02   Link #2637
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garet Jax View Post
A bit of potentially interesting news: J-List/JAST has announced a partnership with Nitro+. Demonbane is the first listed title.
http://www.nitroplususa.com/
Indeed. I'm really hyped that JAST is affiliating themselves with Nitro+.
Demonbane is the first title they are planning to release, hopefully soon. It seems really great to be honest. It has everything good: Lolis, Mecha, Lovecraft... And I've only read positive reviews about it so far (albeit it's anime adaptation is considered mediocre. animesuki thread about the anime).
It's sad that there was already a 50%ish fan-translation though, which might have been finished with some time investment.
The other title they are planning to release is Jingai Makyou, which also seems quite good. Did anyone played that in japanese (or korean)? I honestly don't know anything else about that title, besides the plot synopsis.
Plus they also revealed that Kazoku Keikaku (TL note: Keikaku means plan) is going to be the Gold edition.
Anyway JAST really going into the good direction with licensing titles with good stories.

On the other hand Mangagamer is also quite crafty, as they licensed Higurashi and Shuffle, which both has a considerable western fanbase. However both had/has some fantranslation in the works, and I feel kinda bad that the fantranslators' hard work goes unfinished and unrequited by the majority.
Shuffle has a 100% translation somewhere inaccessible, according to the translators, but now we never going to find out in the end, despite that it was one of the most anticipated fan-translation project few years ago (might have been on the same level as the FSN game).
I wish Mangagamer will be clever enough to negotiate with the Sonozaki Twins, because I really want them to feel appreciated what they have been doing in the recent years, and it'd also help Mangagamer if they could use the already released scripts which the twins wrote (at least it'd be quicker to release the question arks with that move, as the first 1,5 arks doesn't require any proofreading or TL). I'm secretly hoping they might also recruit the SF twins to help them in localizing Higurashi.

Plus they also have the license for Shin Koihime † Musou, another title with many positive response. Apparently it's sequel also has an anime adaptation (animesuki forum about the anime). However according to myanimelist, the original game -the one which gets localized- is going to have a different Anime adaptation estimatedly in autumn (AFAIK kinda like a prequel series to the above one). So if everything goes well the audience maybe able to play the game and watch the anime at the same time, like the japanese audience.

So MG effectively going to localize 3 promising VNs, and all of them is recognizable already in the west, thanks to their anime show. It is quite a good move, even though I disagree with demoralizing the VN fantranslations. However it's also speculated that they might announce something else later today, because the official announcements are going to happen a bit later. All this Mangagamer news we have is from their flyers so far.

---------------
Oh boy, that might be one of the best years for Visual Novels in english! We already had many great titles, but there is still more to come.
By a really rough estimation these are the VN titles we might see at the end of the year:
Spoiler for saving space:
Some of the links might contain NSFW pictures, be warned. That list is by no means complete, neither it is a genuine irrefutable prediction, and nor it is some kinda "urging" message to the fan-translators, it is just a strictly hopeful estimation entirely wrote by me. Don't consider it like some kinda deadline or something, just as some silly thing which might happen if everything goes well.
You can follow the progress for yourself by the links provided. And I apologize if I forgot about some Title, that list was just from the top of my head, and by a quick search to the various sites I sometimes frequent.

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-07-04 at 16:12.
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 06:52   Link #2638
ZODDGUTS

Good news about Nitro+ games being brought over. Currently playing Sumaga with translations.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 19:50   Link #2639
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
Plus they also have the license for Shin Koihime † Musou, another title with many positive response. Apparently it's sequel also has an anime adaptation (animesuki forum about the anime). However according to myanimelist, the original game -the one which gets localized- is going to have a different Anime adaptation estimatedly in autumn (AFAIK kinda like a prequel series to the above one). So if everything goes well the audience maybe able to play the game and watch the anime at the same time, like the japanese audience.
You totally confused me with this paragraph, what with the sequels and prequels, and so on. I'm not sure if this is what you said, or what you meant to say... but Koihime Musou is the original game, and that's what the original anime was loosely based off of. Then, to coincide with the airing of the first anime, they released Shin Koihime Musou, which is a different story set in the same universe. They're making a new season of the anime, and it's also called Shin Koihime Musou. So, I take it that MangaGamer is localized the second game, then?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-04, 20:05   Link #2640
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I haven't seen neither the first anime, nor played any of the games either, so I had a hard time figuring it out too. But I think you are right, and that's also what I wanted to say before getting fed up to make heads and tails out of all the stuff.

According to VNDB and AniDB: the first game, Koihime † Musou ~Doki ★ Otome Darake no Sangokushi Engi~ is the one with the already finished mediocre anime (no english translation for the game).
However Mangagamer licensed it's sequel, Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆ Sangokushi Engi~ , and that's also the one title which might receive an adaptation in autumn. Which means we might play and watch the anime at the same time, and that'd be quite good if it happens.
So yeah, if I'm correct Mangagamer licensed the second title of the "series", probably a continuation of the anime we might know here on the west.

Is there anyone here who played the game in japanese or korean anyway? It would be nice if someone could confirm they are indeed the continuation of the existing anime, how necessary is it to know the "first title", and I'd be interested to know how good of a game is it. I'm really not the most reliable source to summarize the relations between stuff I'm not entirely confident.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel