AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-02-08, 09:29   Link #801
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
Of course, it's far more likely for the manga to focus on Azusa and the new Keionbu while the seniors just drop by once per tankobon to show how "GROWN UP" they are now.
Honestly, I don't think so. While the Azusa trio were given a few episodes to shine on their own in the anime, I don't think they were really shown much interest in the manga... Jun especially is even more of a background character in the manga than she is in the anime, someone who's only there to give Azusa someone her own age to interact with. And like you said, Kakifly did go out of his way to ensure the original four stays together at the end and continue to go to an all-girls school.... Also, the final pages focused on the graduating four, sans Azunyan. IMO, all signs are pointing to K-On: The College Years. Heck, depending on how long it's going to go on this time I suppose it's only a matter of time before Azusa re-joins them.
Goggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 09:32   Link #802
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggen View Post
Honestly, I don't think so. While the Azusa trio were given a few episodes to shine on their own in the anime, I don't think they were really shown much interest in the manga... Jun especially is even more of a background character in the manga than she is in the anime, someone who's only there to give Azusa someone her own age to interact with. And like you said, Kakifly did go out of his way to ensure the original four stays together at the end and continue to go to an all-girls school.... Also, the final pages focused on the graduating four, sans Azunyan. IMO, all signs are pointing to K-On: The College Years. Heck, depending on how long it's going to go on this time I suppose it's only a matter of time before Azusa re-joins them.
I hope they don't make Azusa to minor of a character, that's just be sad. I dont really care for Jun or Ui though, they can do whatever they want. lol
Otaku Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 09:36   Link #803
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i actually think the manga's story is important here since it's the main source material of the anime. if the manga screws up, well, i just don't know if kyoani would do it w/o kakifly.
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 09:39   Link #804
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
i actually think the manga's story is important here since it's the main source material of the anime. if the manga screws up, well, i just don't know if kyoani would do it w/o kakifly.
Do you think its going to be Movie related, or something different?
Old 2011-02-08, 09:43   Link #805
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otaku Guy View Post
I hope they don't make Azusa to minor of a character, that's just be sad. I dont really care for Jun or Ui though, they can do whatever they want. lol
Oh I agree, Azusa needs to still be involved somehow. I can't quite see how that's gonna get worked out though...
Old 2011-02-08, 09:45   Link #806
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Do you think its going to be Movie related, or something different?
i'd like to think it's movie related since i wanna get spoiled. XDD but at the same time, not. XD

EDIT: i'm not a fan of azusa, but i'd be sad if she won't be around. DX oh, i love ui though.XDD jun, not that much.XD
Old 2011-02-08, 09:55   Link #807
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Oh I agree, Azusa needs to still be involved somehow. I can't quite see how that's gonna get worked out though...
College Romance *shot*
I can dream cant I? xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
EDIT: i'm not a fan of azusa, but i'd be sad if she won't be around. DX oh, i love ui though.XDD jun, not that much.XD
What are your opinions on Nodoka?
Old 2011-02-08, 10:01   Link #808
Goggen

Quote:
What are your opinions on Nodoka?
I didn't think about this, but Nodoka fans are pretty much screwed since she's no longer going to school with any of the main cast... She's basically history.
Old 2011-02-08, 10:05   Link #809
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I didn't think about this, but Nodoka fans are pretty much screwed since she's no longer going to school with any of the main cast... She's basically history.
Thats a shame, I always liked Nodoka and as it seems your probably right when it comes down to her not going to make much of an appearance, if any at all.
Old 2011-02-08, 10:12   Link #810
Ryonea
Smiling beauty
*Graphic Designer

Maybe Nodoka will make an appearance every now and then, but not as often as when she was in the high school.
On the other hand, maybe we'll see more Sokabe-senpai. Guess Mio couldn't escape her fanclub
Old 2011-02-08, 10:22   Link #811
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
On the other hand, maybe we'll see more Sokabe-senpai. Guess Mio couldn't escape her fanclub
Ha ha, good point. After all, Sokabe is attending the same college...
Old 2011-02-08, 10:31   Link #812
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

Nodoka is going to become their manager (imo) Some one is going to have to do it.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-08, 10:42   Link #813
Otaku Guy
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Nodoka is going to become their manager (imo) Some one is going to have to do it.
Of what HTT?
I doubt they would continue to use the name HTT since Azusa isnt there.
Old 2011-02-08, 10:51   Link #814
Goggen

Quote:
Of what HTT?
I doubt they would continue to use the name HTT since Azusa isnt there.
Hopefully, Ho-kago Tea Time still exists as a band... They're just temporarily separated.
Old 2011-02-08, 11:18   Link #815
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

Quote:
Hopefully, Ho-kago Tea Time still exists as a band... They're just temporarily separated.
man, i hope so. HTT FTW!! now, i wonder if they'd meet a potential new member in college. will they create a new band aside from their 1st? what about the title K-ON! will it change to K-ON STRIKES BACK? L0L. kakifly might be planning to change it.

@OtakuGuy
mah, i forgot nodoka.DX i want her around! and W0OT for S0KABE!!
Old 2011-02-08, 11:19   Link #816
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by krko View Post
My hope is that the manga will cover the main four in college really. The prospect of Yui without Ui or Nodoka to rely on is... intriguing. Not to mention anything set in college is bound to be more serious than one set in high school.
I seem to recall some speculation on the girls college living quarters, whether they'll all end up as roommates who'll be interacting with each other every day, or not.
Old 2011-02-08, 14:23   Link #817
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I'm not as much concerned about Yui's progress as I am about Ui's. We've seen quite a few hints that Yui is perfectly capable of taking care of herself, it's just that Ui's pampering held her back all those years. And though the anime emphasized the Yui-Ui relationship a bit more than the manga did, it's still quite clear that Ui will be the one who will need to adjust the most to her sister not being there. Yui can probably fall back on the other 3 girls for any support she might need.

This is also where I think Azusa and Jun's roles become more important, as they'll have to be there for Ui when she needs moral support.

And it's still not 100% clear that HTT will go on without Azusa. She obviously can't play at school ceremonies and festivals, but nothing is stopping her from performing with them outside of school, especially if they indeed want to put more effort into being a band.

So, either way, I'm quite interested to see in which direction Kakifly is going to take the story.
Old 2011-02-08, 17:27   Link #818
Goggen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
And it's still not 100% clear that HTT will go on without Azusa. She obviously can't play at school ceremonies and festivals, but nothing is stopping her from performing with them outside of school, especially if they indeed want to put more effort into being a band.
Well, at the end of the last chapter, as they were saying goodbye to Azusa, someone (Mugi, I think) said "We'll see you in a studio somewhere" or words to that effect. The implications seems to be that (in the manga, at least) they have every intention of keeping HTT going.
Old 2011-02-08, 18:07   Link #819
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i can't imagine HTT without azusa anymore. it makes me sad. DX i hope kakifly would do just a few chapters for their 1st yr in college then come 2nd yr and azusa's back in their loving arms. xD

i agree about ui. hmm.. maybe that's the time azusa and ui can grow even closer. XDDD
Old 2011-02-08, 18:39   Link #820
Forte
The IV th Numerals
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Forte
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryonea View Post
ahaha... Her fansclub would grow bigger than before.

One thing that makes me really curious is how Sawa-chan 'survive' in the continuation since Mugi already graduated. I know that there's still Ui... But how 'bout the next year? Lol... *shot*

Tags
comedy, seinen, slice of life