Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 00:27   Link #3001
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Well to be fair, most people wouldn't really care about how accurate foreign languages are used so long as it sounds intriguing.
True. For example, how many of us here like latin-sounding names/spells etc? *raises hand guiltily*
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 00:51   Link #3002
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

The Chinese that the Cao Cao sisters use, for one.

Another thing is the English that Watson uses in V. 8, I translated it as:

Quote:
"Deception is a part of strategy...If you don't want to be suspected...you should in turn, show your cards eagerly and willingly."
But the actual thing will make your eyes bleed. (Yes, I translated the English. Sue me.)

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Icy.Tear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 03:20   Link #3003
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
True. For example, how many of us here like latin-sounding names/spells etc? *raises hand guiltily*
*raises hand*
Well, if not for my eagerness for learning languages like that, then both the Toaru Majutsu no Index and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Wikis would not have existed. :P

Quote:
"Deception is a part of strategy...If you don't want to be suspected...you should in turn, show your cards eagerly and willingly."
^ That doesn't make any sense.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 03:27   Link #3004
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
*raises hand*
Well, if not for my eagerness for learning languages like that, then both the Toaru Majutsu no Index and Kyoukai Senjou no Horizon Wikis would not have existed. :P
When used as a single word or a short phrase it wouldn't matter, but if you try to be smart about it when your skill is not up to standard...

Index and Horizon's funky naming sense doesn't really cross the border - "La Persona Superiore a Dio" and "Save you from Anything" sounds fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ That doesn't make any sense.
Now I'm really curious, whats the original line ?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 03:42   Link #3005
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ I think the only language that I'm eager to learn aside from Japanese is Italian. But I have to admit, you're right about how I'm doing with foreign languages right now. It's more of Google-fu than true learning, actually. x_x

Quote:
Index and Horizon's funky naming sense doesn't really cross the border - "La Persona Superiore a Dio" and "Save you from Anything" sounds fine
Have you tried translating those Koine Greek words for the Mortal Sin Armaments. Shit's the most difficult treasure hunt I had for a particular foreign-language term in a light novel. [Considering that I haven't tried translating an entire Greek incantation from the Negima manga series.]
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:31   Link #3006
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Strategy is trick...If you don't wanna be suspected you should show it.
兵は詭道なり・・・疑われたくないことは、逆に見せることで疑われなくなる

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2012-10-02, 09:23   Link #3007
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Sorry my brain just shut down.
Old 2012-10-03, 20:45   Link #3008
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
I remember way back in the beginning there was some bs about the French pronouncing Holmes with a big fat 'O' in front.
What BS? (sorry, my mind is kinda...)
Old 2012-10-03, 20:48   Link #3009
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
What BS? (sorry, my mind is kinda...)
Remember Riko called Aria 'Olmes' because she's french? As I've recalled, people were saying there's no such thing...
Old 2012-10-03, 20:49   Link #3010
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
When used as a single word or a short phrase it wouldn't matter, but if you try to be smart about it when your skill is not up to standard...

La Persona Superiore a Dio doesn't appear in Index regularly. It's just 神上
Old 2012-10-04, 01:18   Link #3011
Flere821
Lurker

So, good news (for Chinese readers) - HnA is starting up again, the guy that had 2 chapter of the latest volume done is back in action with a group of like-minded people and they're sharing the workload.

The bad news? OMFG the writing is bad (the latest chapter anyway). Like, worse than Vol10, which was the worst thus far in my opinion.
Spoiler for Vol12 Ch3 parts:
Old 2012-10-04, 17:01   Link #3012
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

No, that's perfectly normal.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2012-10-04, 18:00   Link #3013
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

As in normal to expect from this series ?
Old 2012-10-06, 06:44   Link #3014
tsunade666

guh..... talk about lame language use of the author of Aria again

been to busy in real life to even read or watch anime and when I check for summary I saw complains again about the book.

ah hikari isn't hysteria mode consider physical boost ability with its increase in adrenaline and with it faster reflex and thinking but in exchange since its hasten your thought process beyond normal it puts stress on mind and body

and marcus it sells well because its a harem story which usually sells now a days.

And flere from what slight summary you gave..... what happen to laser eyes? facepalm........ back to reading one last time in the loop by paulxion sensei.
Old 2012-10-06, 06:50   Link #3015
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
and marcus it sells well because its a harem story which usually sells now a days.
Not true- Harem story has become so norm that hardly anyone gets excited from hearing about them anymore.

Quote:
And flere from what slight summary you gave..... what happen to laser eyes? facepalm........ back to reading one last time in the loop by paulxion sensei.
Don't you know how this works ? They have to lure the readers and the mc into a false sense of security by showing that she's a moe and weak girl before flipping the switch and reveal that she's actually super haxx!
Old 2012-10-06, 07:03   Link #3016
tsunade666

Quote:
Not true- Harem story has become so norm that hardly anyone gets excited from hearing about them anymore.
true it become a norm chaos but it still sales with different gimmick of ecchi, typical tsundere or lewd or open to ecchi type of girls. But still sales.

It gives excuse to forget a grand scheme plot because it still sells.

MOE GIRLS ARE FRIGHTENING IN MORE WAYS THAN ONE.

sob sob.... still sad due to problem in real life. Darn it. I JUST WANT TO GRADUATE AND GET A JOB ALREADY!!!!
Old 2012-10-06, 13:55   Link #3017
Icy.Tear
二人は独自の世界を展開

Quote:
?

Quote:
ah hikari isn't hysteria mode consider physical boost ability with its increase in adrenaline and with it faster reflex and thinking but in exchange since its hasten your thought process beyond normal it puts stress on mind and body
That isn't an ability, as defined by 超能力. He isn't a choutei.

このときに、この二人は独自の世界を展開・・・
Old 2012-10-06, 21:44   Link #3018
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
and flere from what slight summary you gave..... what happen to laser eyes? facepalm........ back to reading one last time in the loop by paulxion sensei.
Wukong didn't laser-eye Kinji when she's being chased because:
Spoiler for Ch3 spoiler:

Related to the above:
Spoiler for Campione, Accel World, and ToAru...Index LN spoilers:
Old 2012-10-06, 21:47   Link #3019
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Split Personalities in battle is nothing new... It's been going on ever since Yugi picked up a golden pyramid and thought it looked bink.

(Before you old schools say anything- yes I'm certain that isn't the earliest)
Old 2012-10-08, 07:47   Link #3020
ryan55

Just wanted to know but, remember in vol 6 or 7 how it was stated in china that there was no prohibition for alcohol depending on age in china. That's not based on a true fact, is it?
ryan55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, detectives, guns, harem, lolis, mf bunko j, romance, shounen