AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-11-14, 13:37   Link #981
Xion Valkyrie

Agony is only going to be an issue in the deeper levels of the new infinite dungeon. It's really meant for very dedicated dungeon crawlers.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 02:26   Link #982
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Has anyone ever had the problem of how, when the patcher or the PC crashes while downloading a patch, the patcher archive checks and decides to redownload the ENTIRE fucking game? That's happened to me twice, the second as we speak, and now I'm reinstalling from disk and have to download the newest patches AGAIN.

Is there some way around this?
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:07   Link #983
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Has anyone ever had the problem of how, when the patcher or the PC crashes while downloading a patch, the patcher archive checks and decides to redownload the ENTIRE fucking game? That's happened to me twice, the second as we speak, and now I'm reinstalling from disk and have to download the newest patches AGAIN.

Nope. You will have to wait again.

And join SoS if you want a winning server. Free hugs for every new member!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-16, 05:24   Link #984
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm not in SoS. Damn server was always full so I couldn't make a character there. How long will server transfers take? And is it free?
Old 2012-11-16, 05:26   Link #985
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I'm not in SoS. Damn server was always full so I couldn't make a character there. How long will server transfers take? And is it free?
Immediate and free. For now.

Lots of people want to join SoS because it is always winning.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:58   Link #986
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Animesuki have a guild or something? I'll make my transfer once my client is working again?
Old 2012-11-16, 09:35   Link #987
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Animesuki have a guild or something? I'll make my transfer once my client is working again?
Not much of a guild. Our members are scatter across the maps, but it seems that the SoS ones are more active.

Old 2012-11-16, 22:00   Link #988
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Goddammit I haven't reinstalled and updated yet because the patcher hangs while patching and reinstalls the whole fucking game. Ugh.
Old 2012-11-17, 10:39   Link #989
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Game looks awesome, and I have some good nostalgia for the original Guild Wars. Don't really have the time or dedication to play it properly but I might buy it anyways.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-18, 21:20   Link #990
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

New dungeon is definitely fun. Also Sea of Sorrows is just a quick way to get Mithril, and Elder Wood Log in my opinion besides going to.... Orr...
Old 2012-11-19, 02:28   Link #991
Xacual

Got to try out the game this weekend thanks to a friend sending me a trial account. Had pretty good fun with it though really the thing that stands out for me the most was probably the two jumping puzzles I did.

Was playing as a human mesmer and I had no idea what I was doing but I really liked the illusion mechanics.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-19, 12:52   Link #992
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
The new dungeon is my kind of dungeon. Short but high replayability. And the rewards! Who doesn't like 20-slot inventory expands?

Sadly it's buggy as hell. Such as not being able to join/re-join a party that's already inside. Some of the fractals can perma-glitch-fail forcing a restart.

Anyone here do tournaments? I need to expand my list of ppl to team with. We sometimes don't have 5 people.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-20, 02:08   Link #993
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:

Are you sure it's downloading the entire game again? The game measures percentage by the files currently downloading, and crashing usually just causes it to restart the percentage with the new number of files. For example, if you have 10,000 files to download, it starts from 0% to whatever you stop at. If you crashed after downloading 1000 files (10%), then the next launcher start causes it to download the remaining 9000 files, but starting from 0% again.

For patches, I've only encountered the connection error problems sometimes, usually when there's a million other players downloading at the same time, but it just restarts off where it stops.

An easier way, if you have a friend with the some/all files downloaded, just copy the entire thing to your hard drive. The game doesn't run a registry, so you can safely copy/transfer between disks. Just make sure your friend's copy is clean, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
Sadly it's buggy as hell. Such as not being able to join/re-join a party that's already inside. Some of the fractals can perma-glitch-fail forcing a restart.
The former issue is well-known (just had two party members disconnecting this morning and we had to do Jade Maw with just three members, but it was successful!) and ArenaNet is working on it. As for glitched fractals, I've not encountered a single one other than the Cliffside Fractal (Colossus), and only when the hammer is lost. You simply need the entire party to restart the fractal by suiciding and the hammer should respawn at the checkpoint.

Last edited by PhoenixFlare; 2012-11-20 at 02:19.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-21, 18:59   Link #994
Xacual

They really need to work on digital game pricing. $45 on Amazon for physical copy versus $60 for digital version is a big difference, especially when you consider amazon offers free shipping.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 07:29   Link #995
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixFlare View Post
The former issue is well-known (just had two party members disconnecting this morning and we had to do Jade Maw with just three members, but it was successful!) and ArenaNet is working on it. As for glitched fractals, I've not encountered a single one other than the Cliffside Fractal (Colossus), and only when the hammer is lost. You simply need the entire party to restart the fractal by suiciding and the hammer should respawn at the checkpoint.
In the dredge one, my partied killed the boss too fast and not all the minions spawned. There were two final objectives: Kill the dredge leader and all the dredge. The dredge leader's bar was at 0% and dredge bar at 30% and we had to restart. There were no dredge left on the map.

In the icebrood-norn area where you fight the giant ice pillar thing. When it does that blizzard skill, it teleports everyone regardless of where they are. My party was divided. 3 people were at the large campfire and 2 ppl went ahead to the mob. All 3 of us (at campfire) got teleported across the map, and underneath the floor and stuck. Because of lack of a waypoint, we couldn't teleport out.

And that hammer one happens often. Though I've never fell down with the hammer, other people that take turns always seems to fail at avoiding being knocked down.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-22, 22:30   Link #996
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

For the Giant Ice Crystal Element (I'm calling him GCE for short). I was really at lost when I was teleported in that snowstorm. I nearly died because I couldn't see

Then there was the kitty asura loving golem creator. I laughed at the names and the fight itself was pretty relaxing. The fight I dislike the most is the flame shaman one when he turns into superboss. My party didn't know we were supposed to get rid of the shield so he doesn't heal. And spent 10 attempts trying to get together.

The mini-dungeons are indeed short. Depending on how fast you can burst your enemy. I myself wouldn't count it as a mini-dungeon... Well, there is the Halls of Reflection/etc in WoW, but doing those mini-dungeons 7 times in a row seems a little longer then the other dungeons. Unless all of you are able to run each one in 10-20 minutes or less?

Besides the dungeon, nothing else really interested me for Lost Shores. The main event did seem fun, but I was lagging like mad.
Old 2012-11-23, 00:12   Link #997
PhoenixFlare
The Resurrector
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
In the dredge one, my partied killed the boss too fast and not all the minions spawned. There were two final objectives: Kill the dredge leader and all the dredge. The dredge leader's bar was at 0% and dredge bar at 30% and we had to restart. There were no dredge left on the map.

In the icebrood-norn area where you fight the giant ice pillar thing. When it does that blizzard skill, it teleports everyone regardless of where they are. My party was divided. 3 people were at the large campfire and 2 ppl went ahead to the mob. All 3 of us (at campfire) got teleported across the map, and underneath the floor and stuck. Because of lack of a waypoint, we couldn't teleport out.
That is pretty interesting. Haven't have these happen to me before, but I won't say that it won't happen any time down the road. For Dredge, we always have the adds > boss mentality, so we always have the adds down first (plus, I am an Elementalist, so I always take everything down as collateral ). The ice elemental boss is new to me - does the second snowblind (assuming no restart) pull you out from the ground, or do you remain stuck underneath? Thanks for pointing them out, and hopefully these have been reported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
For the Giant Ice Crystal Element (I'm calling him GCE for short). I was really at lost when I was teleported in that snowstorm. I nearly died because I couldn't see

Then there was the kitty asura loving golem creator. I laughed at the names and the fight itself was pretty relaxing. The fight I dislike the most is the flame shaman one when he turns into superboss. My party didn't know we were supposed to get rid of the shield so he doesn't heal. And spent 10 attempts trying to get together.

The mini-dungeons are indeed short. Depending on how fast you can burst your enemy. I myself wouldn't count it as a mini-dungeon... Well, there is the Halls of Reflection/etc in WoW, but doing those mini-dungeons 7 times in a row seems a little longer then the other dungeons. Unless all of you are able to run each one in 10-20 minutes or less?

Besides the dungeon, nothing else really interested me for Lost Shores. The main event did seem fun, but I was lagging like mad.
For the ice elemental, it can be pretty jarring/epileptic if you're not accustomed to it. I usually have enemy names up so that I can make out the general direction of where to go.

I like the Uncategorized Fractal as well. The biggest OMG moment went to the one-shot ability of the Champion Rabbit that we pointedly ignore when we were focusing on the Flame Legion Shaman.

The longest fractal tends to be the Dredge/Ascalon/Cliffside ones, depending on how organized your party is and due to unskippable fights.
PhoenixFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 03:24   Link #998
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I'm only up on Wvw recently. Played in Stormbuff Isle. The guys from SOS was aggressive as heck, while Jade Q is still as annoyed as usual. World population has been dropping a lot through so borderland rarely full and it's really frustrated sometime. Don't have time to run those new Misty dungeon, so feel kinda suck.

Sum up (in case i forget to return). GW2 game mechanisms were superb, attacks on locations (rather than traditional targeting) was super-smooth and rarely lagged. But the lack of content and reward is really hard to keep people on.

If they allow to buy some cool weapon/armour skins with those achivement points, i think more people will turn up daily for it
Old 2012-11-27, 03:33   Link #999
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

That is because SBI refused to sit down and be the uke. JQ already submitted to us.

Old 2012-11-27, 03:41   Link #1000
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah, because JQ hated us more than you guys so they always get in our ways!! Making me wondering if JQ and SOS ever cross-sword

But honestly hope they do some major update on Wvw that encourage people on (maybe sell some cool skins stuffs with wvw tokens). I always prefer full 4 borderlands fighting than each world try to dominate one