1 out of 10 : Painful 4 2.96%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-03-02, 22:22   Link #41
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mists View Post
So much for my hope for Shipuuden.

How ridiculous it was, the manga looked so much better and cooler...and of course Gaara brings out his big guns right away in the manga, we're talking about Akatsuki here!

Another thing was, how lame was Kakashi? He can blow fire right through his mask.........OOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKAYYYYYYYYY

I dont think fire comes from the mouth. I think it is from manuplating the air around the mouth by using chakra and then firing it. But i was disapointed that kakashi was worned out after using only 3 jutsu.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:32   Link #42
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I dont think fire comes from the mouth. I think it is from manuplating the air around the mouth by using chakra and then firing it. But i was disapointed that kakashi was worned out after using only 3 jutsu.
It does comes from the Mouth, from inside the Body.
Old 2007-03-02, 22:37   Link #43
GrAYFoX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Yeah, he should have lowered his mask, I believe it's an oversight from the Anime team. Kakashi gives the reason why he is so worn out. His sharingan consumes a lot of chakra and in turn stamina making him very tired if used for an extended period of time. This is a testiment to Naruto and Sakura's improvement.
GrAYFoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 23:01   Link #44
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
Thanks for the info, I was just about to ask if anyone knew how the japanese fanbase is talking it. Here's to hoping.
Sure, no problem.... but I must warn you on one thing. I'm being overly optimistic when I've said the animators might stop dragging the show just because it couldn't make the top 10 for a couple of consecutive week. Before the filler ended, Naruto didn't make the top 10 for almost 3 consecutive months, or roughly 12 episodes! Besides, the animators/producers don't even have to care about the ratings as long as their products continue to sell well. The show's main intention is to make money. As long as it makes money, quality of the advertisement (the show itself) is moot.

I hope I didn't bring in too much pessimism, but just had to paint the pragmatic perspective of the show-biz. Nontheless, we can't stop hoping, can we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtro
In the bell scenes Kakashi was even showing signs of fatigue, having to rest so often.
You know, when in the first episode Tsunade mentioned that no one really could tell with certainty how Kakashi had been keeping himself busy, I figured he might have been undertaking a few training for himself in the past 2.5 years while his students were receiving tutelage from the legendary sannin. He had every reason to train himself since his last encounter with Itachi. So, yes.. it was sort of disappointing to observe that Kakashi seems to have made no apparent improvement either.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-02, 23:33   Link #45
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashura3 View Post
Thanks for the info, I was just about to ask if anyone knew how the japanese fanbase is talking it. Here's to hoping.
The Japanese anime fanbase is half our age, I doubt they'll make much of a ruckus. If anything will cause the anime team to act it will be, as Monir pointed out, the ratings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuzzles
Which brings me to the other point, WHY THE HELL DID THEY HAVE TO KEEP INTERUPTING THE FIGHT? I mean, I understand why they did it, and it makes sense since in the manga bell test one minute Naruto and Sakura are fine and dandy and the next panel they're all worn out, and later on in the day, so it makes sense. But dammit, it doesn't make for a good fight!
Have you ever seen an episode of Naruto without Naruto in it? No you haven't and there's your first clue. I'm sure the anime team has a rule about having him in every episode even if there are parts of the manga where he doesn't show up for quite some time. Gaara's flashback was interupted several times, as was Sasuke's, and now also Gaara's fight.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:09   Link #46
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Sheesh....I can't believe how many people are whining already. As someone who hasn't read the manga, I'm REALLY enjoying the new eps. The music, especially has been flawless. The music for the opening minute or two of this ep set such an interesting mood. We have two opponents feeling out each other's abilities and the music is serene...what a brilliant combo. As far as adding filler...I draw the line where they re-showed kakashi's jutsus. If I've seen something already in the episode, I don't need to see it again. But other than that, it was all peachy. I think y'all are just forgetting that this is the same pace that the old non-filler eps had.

And worrying about Kakashi lowering his mask? Are you kidding me?
Old 2007-03-03, 01:11   Link #47
NaOH
火影級 [h o k a g e LvL]

Send a message via AIM to NaOH Send a message via Yahoo to NaOH
talk about stretching the episode... actual content probably only worth 10-15 mins, the extra long still images + flashback of what was shown 5 mins ago = below average episode
NaOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 01:21   Link #48
diners13

well kakashi was using his sharingan all the time which uses much charka its obviously to be tired and naruto has more chakra than kakashi. now kakashi is really strong and for those that read the manga an undertsand what i say....
i didnt really like ep 4 cause nothing good happend i expected more fight of gaara and not so much details of kakashi naruto sakura fight...
diners13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 02:07   Link #49
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Oh i see. But doesnt fire start from out of the mouth?. It starts from inside?. I always thought you use chakra from inside but fire actually starts from outside of mouth. Thanks for the info.
Old 2007-03-03, 02:12   Link #50
mattuchiha

episodes 1 2 3 4 are filler episodes
mattuchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:34   Link #51
Iridium
Defective JSM-01L

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Before the filler ended, Naruto didn't make the top 10 for almost 3 consecutive months, or roughly 12 episodes! Besides, the animators/producers don't even have to care about the ratings as long as their products continue to sell well. The show's main intention is to make money. As long as it makes money, quality of the advertisement (the show itself) is moot.
The actual reason the ratings bottomed out over the last couple of months is actually identifiable. It was the move from Wednesday to Thursday, which severely hurt Naruto in the ratings. It might come as a surprise to a lot of people, but ratings for a big part of the fillers (particularly in the episode 150-160 or so range) were decently strong, at least as strong as many of the early episodes (for those curious, the series' strongest ratings were achieved around the time Tsunade was introduced.) The 8.0 achieved by Shippuuden 1-2 was considerably less than that of the filler episode where Naruto, Kiba, and Hinata went out looking for the bounty hunter.

But like you said, as long as it keeps selling products, they'll keep airing it. Personally I don't put much stock in the ratings, as they are quite inscrutable and can swing wildly from week to week with no easily discernable reason. I'm guessing that Shippuuden will settle in the 6.0-7.0 range and finish just outside of the top ten from here on out. As far as content, you have to remember that the majority of the very young audience is coming in from Naruto's lead-in show, Pokemon DP, and will not be quite as critical as your average poster here, so I don't think the producers will feel pressure to retool the show.

Which is okay with me as I personally liked the episode.
Iridium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 03:49   Link #52
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Does anybody else remember way back near the beginning of the anime when Kakashi fought Zabuza? Because Kakashi used his Shariagan so much it exhausted him for days. My memory is a little fuzzy but THAT is Kakashi's true weakness. In the bell scenes Kakashi was even showing signs of fatigue, having to rest so often. It just annoys me that Naruto or Sakura didn't think about that when they were trying to rack their brains about Kakashi's weakness. Heck he even used Zabuza's water dragon. Why didn't they think about what happened when Kakashi fought Zabuza?
Tsunade said she had Kakashi prepared for this test. So since they don't know how strong Kakashi has gotten, I don't think they would want to rely on him getting tired before the time limit. And besides, he didn't clearly show his exhaustion in front of them this time around. In fact, they still think he's pretty strong even after all that time fighting.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 05:34   Link #53
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

What I think was the most outstanding element in this episode was the soundtrack.

The newest soundtrack contains movie-quality scores, that are low-pitched and evoking a sense of reverence, foreboding, and obscure mysticism. The ethereal and haunting qualities of the new music gives Shippuuden a new level of maturity not found throughout the course of the first Naruto series.

Naruto Shippuuden will be more grown-up in contrast to its predecessor. They're now showcasing the serious mess, and eventually the death toll plus heartbreaking will reach new heights.

Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 06:59   Link #54
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
The newest soundtrack contains movie-quality scores, that are low-pitched and evoking a sense of reverence, foreboding, and obscure mysticism. The ethereal and haunting qualities of the new music gives Shippuuden a new level of maturity not found throughout the course of the first Naruto series.
Too bad the BGM is the only thing that's matured since the filler arcs.
They still think of the watcher as a goldfish, as someone mentioned.
Old 2007-03-03, 12:11   Link #55
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasuke_Bateman View Post
i agree it's pretty slow...and Kakashi looked so uncool the way he was fooled
blasphemer, Kakashi is unpossible to be uncooled <.<

The episode was alright, and once again, not reading the manga pays off
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 14:33   Link #56
Kasiro

This was quite sad, I haven't watched the fillers for a while and my friend told me that these aren't really fillers anymore.
So I watched them...it felt like reading the chapters of the manga in super slow motion[read it about a year ago to boot...] The fight with Deidara is TOO stretched out...it's just so slow..
And did they really have to flash Kakashi's techniques back while they were shown in the SAME episode...
Gaara is still kinda cool though;p
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 14:45   Link #57
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Oh i see. But doesnt fire start from out of the mouth?. It starts from inside?. I always thought you use chakra from inside but fire actually starts from outside of mouth. Thanks for the info.
Well, For now, thats as far I can explain what is happening Without getting banned.
Old 2007-03-03, 18:49   Link #58
ajay29

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattuchiha View Post
episodes 1 2 3 4 are filler episodes
No they're not, they follow the manga pretty much exactly....

Regardless, I thought the animation was sloppy, esp. when Gaara jumped onto his sand, and the sand itself seemed...well...."solid" throughout the episode.
Still, at least the bell test is over...
ajay29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 19:31   Link #59
Zek
Eyebrows...

Regarding Kakashi's Katon jutsu, the fire doesn't come from straight from the mouth. Go look at any time anyone has used it, like in the Sasuke flashback. The chakra comes from the mouth but it's actually ignited an inch or two out. So Kakashi just ignited the flame on the other side of his mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Spoiler:
The thing about Deidara taking 10 minutes to prepare those tiny birds was anime filler, to justify the terrible pacing. In the manga he did it in seconds.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-03, 20:10   Link #60
juggen
Saizen Supreme
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay29 View Post
No they're not, they follow the manga pretty much exactly....
4 anime episode = 4 manga chapters, how could they not be fillers?
about 70% is filler