AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-02-19, 15:47   Link #361
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

It's nice to have all these oc stories and all, but can we also have SOME canon fanfiction?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 15:53   Link #362
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Since I was bored, might as well toss in a conceptual IS unit

Spoiler for "Metatron" Revive Custom:

Last edited by Saint X; 2011-02-20 at 07:17. Reason: dropping from 5 to 4 subs each
Saint X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 18:44   Link #363
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terminator98 View Post
Phew, lucky me I didn't throw in any dates as off yet...
With all the scifi stuff flying around the thread, I thought it was 2135-2142!

Completely removing the Foundation and going with my original plan, taking over Australia (IRL, we've just bought over their financial industry and half of their telcos, and we form 20% of their student population in their universities) and turning it into a giant version of Singapore (which if you look closely Australia IS a giant island state). With Stratos changing the world, that is possible.

That would mean that in my fic, the Caliphate doesn't exist, the One Year War occured for a different reason, and Saintess' OC and various historical concepts will have to be tweaked to fit in. I hope you don't mind...

Quote:
So Karon's entering Ichika's Harem? O.o Woot, change of plans?
Me and my messed-up sentencing. I meant Erika Weber.

Quote:
FIRST, the guy we all know:

AND NOW.. ED AND HIS IS!!!

Hell yeah

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
It's nice to have all these oc stories and all, but can we also have SOME canon fanfiction?
I'm a little busy...

But be assured, Shooting Star was meant to be integrated with canon, and will be using canon characters as much as originals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I was hoping that the Halycon is nothing more than a mass produced IS running on rudimentary AI and weapon systems, as well as semi-active shields (which only activate when a bullet is about to hit) for the girls in the MDF.

Otherwise they wouldn't be just normal girls.
Okay, so in my fic that's:

- The Halycon: Built with 1G spare parts and a Yggdra condensor. Later models were refitted with a battery which holds core energy charge better and has a larger reserve. These were classified as battlesuits and by lacking an IS core exempt from the Alaska Treaty. However, the Halycon would still lose in a straight up fight against a complete IS (as stated by you), and would have to compensate with numbers. They still have to recharge using a complete IS. This generation has been half phased out of active service. The condensor is inferior in all ways compared to the battery, but miniturized designs are still found in various Singaporean IS subsystems. They have spilt over to the rest of the conventional forces as men have been found to be able to operate these machines powered by Y-cons.
- The Halybon: Built with Rafale parts and was integrated with a Yggdra battery from the get-go. In most technical specifications, it is equivalent to a 1G IS, but still lacking the higher executive functions found in a complete IS. While these units are scattered throughout the armed force divisions, they all form the 1st Battlesuit Regiment, informally known as the Black Knights. Like the Halycon, these battlesuits have to recharge using a complete IS, but can only be operated by females.
- The Halyeon: Promised to be the next 3G transformation of the armed forces, the Halyeon mounts an independent Yggdra engine, the final evolution of core energy systems that began with the capacitor a decade ago. Its frame was wholly developed in Singapore, based on data from the GLADIATORS project. Theoretical models estimate it to be close to late 2G IS. It is still under development.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-19 at 21:40.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-19, 19:03   Link #364
Kyral
OC Belka Scriptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Erika is now officially voiced by Hiromi Konno, and Fairlion Imouto by Asumi Kana.
Sorry, Sae's voice will not fit, she's not that soft spoken. And more bratty voices like Letuchaia's or Akira's are still a little to loli sounding.

Quote:
Me and my messed-up sentencing. I meant Erika Weber.
Erika: "Orimura-kun is quit nice, but hasn't he a thing for Dunoa-kun? I mean... I saw them blushing and holding hands the other day.
Old 2011-02-19, 20:57   Link #365
agetreme
Just another Idiot

please remove all my OC (except for Ayara) from the list for now

I am going to be doing a major reconstruction on the characters and the plot of my story.

Ayara is going to be the main character for the new story. (Her profile is completed)
Some modification Kamijou Yuu. (Still working in progress)
Removing Ayada to work on new profile for Third character (Teliawa) (Still working in progress)
Planning for the Second CASaIO character (Still working in progress)

@Terminator98: Teliawa will taking over Ayada's role (You know....about Love?).
Old 2011-02-19, 22:11   Link #366
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Sorry, Sae's voice will not fit, she's not that soft spoken. And more bratty voices like Letuchaia's or Akira's are still a little to loli sounding.
That's alright, it was pure crack anyway.

Very nice drawing! Makes me wonder who's going to be carrying Helena about while she's snoozing. I suggest Jung-chan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyral View Post
Erika: "Orimura-kun is quite nice, but hasn't he a thing for Dunoa-kun? I mean... I saw them blushing and holding hands the other day.
Karon: That baka Onii doesn't know what he's missing, leaving Erika-chan alone for that pretty boy!
Rachel: Whatever happened to the Support Houki Plan?!

EDIT:

After watching episode 7, I realized that I made the Fairlion Imouto the perfect counter to the AIC:

- All energy shots pass through it because they lack mass.
- Karon has the talent to match Laura's so dodging the railgun is no problem.
- Trapping her in the AIC doesn't stop her detached claws, or even the remote Imouto coming from behind.
- Saji diverting overboost power to the IS inertial dampeners can create a field that annuls the AIC's effect by enforcing the gravitational constant at a lower value(Taken from Star Trek)

Its like Axel VS Kyousuke all over again! Granted after checking the designs of all 4 units of Shooting Star, Sherry, Marina and Hoksui all can do that, and do it much better, as the other girls are not only honors graduates but veterans...

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2011-02-20 at 00:07.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 00:22   Link #367
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
That's alright, it was pure crack anyway.

Very nice drawing! Makes me wonder who's going to be carrying Helena about while she's snoozing. I suggest Jung-chan!

Karon: That baka Onii doesn't know what he's missing, leaving Erika-chan alone for that pretty boy!
Rachel: Whatever happened to the Support Houki Plan?!

EDIT:

After watching episode 7, I realized that I made the Fairlion Imouto the perfect counter to the AIC:

- All energy shots pass through it because they lack mass.
- Karon has the talent to match Laura's so dodging the railgun is no problem.
- Trapping her in the AIC doesn't stop her detached claws, or even the remote Imouto coming from behind.
- Saji diverting overboost power to the IS inertial dampeners can create a field that annuls the AIC's effect by enforcing the gravitational constant at a lower value(Taken from Star Trek)

Its like Axel VS Kyousuke all over again! Granted after checking the designs of all 4 units of Shooting Star, Sherry, Marina and Hoksui all can do that, and do it much better, as the other girls are not only honors graduates but veterans...
Also, Magi and Empyrean found their own way to cancel her AIC field.

Spoiler for Fighting the Black Rain, tactical primer, AC Edition:

Details on the Canon Verse will be explained soon.

Last edited by asaqe; 2011-02-20 at 02:44.
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 01:00   Link #368
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Final update(or upgrade...)
Spoiler for The character:

Spoiler for IS:Bushwacker:
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 03:17   Link #369
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Just to point out: In American Military parlance, "Alpha Strike" is used only by the navy and by Marine Corps fighter squadrons, and refers to a launch of every aircraft in an air wing, for a single massed strike on a target.

Alpha striking, in the usage of firing all weapons on a manned unit, is an appropriation by first the Battletech community, later gamers as a whole, and would rarely be used by a professional serving military officer.

Also, not keen on the male OC. What makes Ichika unique is he's the only guy in the world who can use an IS.

...now, a male OC who has to ride herd over one or more female OC IS pilots while trying to remain sane - eg a squadron commander, perhaps....

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 05:10   Link #370
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's Maximillan's role in [Shooting Star], so that's dibs called there Goose.
Old 2011-02-20, 05:57   Link #371
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Heh. I'm not really sure I'd have any OCs in here; if I did have a male OC, it'd be a combat controller who's stuck with teaching the 3rd year classes how to fight in groups and follow Ground Control Intercept orders.

And is perpetually nursing a headache at the antics of girls everywhere, until he's weary of everything.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-20, 06:55   Link #372
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Not to mention constantly buried under unlimited paper works.

In other news, Gou Karon has been overhauled as promised. Hopefully I managed to catch all the fluff errors; its hard to read through so much text over and over on top of my textbooks about your guts...

And I'd hate to bullying on a Marina Inoue character (she has been my mainstay voice for shoutas), but here's a little teaser from the completely revamped profile:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronological Records
[Karon] fights Laura Bodewig to a draw the night before the Tournament as part of an arranged friendly between Singapore and Germany. Laura acknowledges both the power of the Merlion and Karon’s talent, but questions her decision to “live amongst the scum down there”. To that, Karon, who had been relatively silent up till then, says she “hates to breath the air up there”, a double entre to both her distaste with the Singaporean spacenoids and Laura’s holier-than-thou attitude.
If only she was more like Cinque. They both have eyepatches, and both are cyborgs too! But Rumble Detonator >>>>>>>> Railgun atm...

Now I can finally get back to writing.
Old 2011-02-20, 09:58   Link #373
JamesEdwards
ANTI-Nonsense

Send a message via AIM to JamesEdwards
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Heh. I'm not really sure I'd have any OCs in here; if I did have a male OC, it'd be a combat controller who's stuck with teaching the 3rd year classes how to fight in groups and follow Ground Control Intercept orders.

And is perpetually nursing a headache at the antics of girls everywhere, until he's weary of everything.
Sounds like the kind of guy who needs to come join the IS: For Answer-verse. Canon Style just isn't militarized enough to go that far with their indoctrination. Over here? We got plenty of official "war zones", an exclusive "Mercs" only IS Arena, and an official IS battling league, so the ISA actually has to train prospective pilots to be more than just one woman prima donnas. After all, the act of acting alone on impulse might get you into things way over your head, and before know you it, you might be dead.

Mr. Controller might even get along well with a certain individual known simply as, "Coach", THE dreaded combat instructor of every first year.
Old 2011-02-20, 10:26   Link #374
thebadboy761

soo i can make a guy right?
thebadboy761 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 10:51   Link #375
thebadboy761

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonkid11 View Post
Final update(or upgrade...)
Spoiler for The character:

Spoiler for IS:Bushwacker:
You know what, if you could come up with a picture of your IS, it'd be awesome, i plus, how heavy is your IS gonna be? it has like a huge amount of weapons.
Old 2011-02-20, 10:57   Link #376
thebadboy761

well, here it is, my very first IS, hope you all like it!
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...sI/edit?hl=en#

the character will come soon
Old 2011-02-20, 10:57   Link #377
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadboy761 View Post
Anything goes.

Quote:

In other news, Gou Karon has been overhauled as promised. Hopefully I managed to catch all the fluff errors; its hard to read through so much text over and over on top of my textbooks about your guts...
Try doing THAT when you are studying for exams on how to cheat others out of their money in the future persuade others to part with their personal finances. I still don't get it why do we even have to cover Production Possibility Frontier when there are more than 1 opportunity cost in all economical situations, and the concept by that which is already ridiculous by itself.

Quote:
And I'd hate to bullying on a Marina Inoue character (she has been my mainstay voice for shoutas), but here's a little teaser from the completely revamped profile:If only she was more like Cinque. They both have eyepatches, and both are cyborgs too! But Rumble Detonator >>>>>>>> Railgun atm...

I am already thinking of having Marina Inoue voicing Rachel's handler. Still on the storyboarding stage though, because I got into a mess in school regarding my projects (thus the reason I hate group projects without any cloud or BBS elements).

And I just realised that you added the "slacker" trait to Karon - exactly what I wanted because Rachel is her direct opposite. I forsee that Rachel will always be the one cleaning their dorm in the future.

And the VA for Kari is decided. Mizuki Nana - motherly (to that lazy wolfgirl), supportive and friendly (towards Rachel when she doubts herself), and the DMZ (between Rachel and Karon), also that she has a brilliant voice for singing too. Atashi no uta wo kike!

Though I haven't decided who for that little kuudere.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 11:00   Link #378
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I don't believe it - less than 8 hours since I first dropped by the IS boards and I'm attempting a Nano Outer Cadia Backlog Breaker and I have a page claim!

Quote:

And I'd hate to bullying on a Marina Inoue character (she has been my mainstay voice for shoutas), but here's a little teaser from the completely revamped profile:If only she was more like Cinque. They both have eyepatches, and both are cyborgs too! But Rumble Detonator >>>>>>>> Railgun atm...

I agree with the Unlimited Paper Works. My whole office life has been Unlimited Paper Works.

I don't think that tech has advanced THAT far yet to have moon colonies, Kha - and if there are any, those places would be US, not Singapore. Why? US has a bigger economy, plain and simple. Nationalism is all fine and well but keep it in check. That's why my OC will probably be British rather than Malaysian - then again we do send some cadets to Sandhurst and Dartmouth from time to time for training...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesEdwards View Post
Sounds like the kind of guy who needs to come join the IS: For Answer-verse. Canon Style just isn't militarized enough to go that far with their indoctrination. Over here? We got plenty of official "war zones", an exclusive "Mercs" only IS Arena, and an official IS battling league, so the ISA actually has to train prospective pilots to be more than just one woman prima donnas. After all, the act of acting alone on impulse might get you into things way over your head, and before know you it, you might be dead.

Mr. Controller might even get along well with a certain individual known simply as, "Coach", THE dreaded combat instructor of every first year.
Heh, who knows? All things are possible - the Forward Air Controller with the callsign Widow Six Seven might well find your Coach to be a man after his own heart. Those who have been following the goings-on in Helmand and the British AOR in Afghanistan may recognise just who Widow Six Seven is... or is he?

And assuming that this is a world that follows our world fairly closely, Widow Six Seven would have seen action and called in airstrikes of his own, and would therefore be less that pleased with prima donna grandstanding...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebadboy761 View Post
You can make a male charecter if you wish - my OC, Widow Six Seven, is a British Army FAC. But as a pilot? No. Ichika is the only male IS pilot in the world. Let's keep it that way.

As for male presence at the IS academy... most places would actually limit the male staff - it is a glorified girls school, afterall, but it's not unknown to have male teachers at girls schools. Place him in a teaching role, perhaps, or admin - be creative. With Widow Six Seven, he's an FAC who's training third year students in following ground control instructions and working together in groups...

...and he may be the only person in the academy who isn't cowed by Cecilia Alcott. In fact, she'd be cowed by him.

Also something that's been bugging me - are IS used for warfare or not? Because Chifuyu apparently spent time with the German Army as an instructor, but there's mentions here and there that IS aren't supposed to be used as weapons. It's a bit maddening.

I ask because I have thoughts as to how Widow Six Seven and the British Army would employ IS in the battlespace, working in conjuction with existing assets (because let's face it, when you've spent billion of Pounds Sterling on the Apache AH1, the Crazy Prepared improved British version of the American Apache Longbow, developed by the boffins at Westland, you're damned well going to use it).

I believe in miracles.

Old 2011-02-20, 13:12   Link #379
Terminator98
Archangelic Demon Vampire
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Just to point out: In American Military parlance, "Alpha Strike" is used only by the navy and by Marine Corps fighter squadrons, and refers to a launch of every aircraft in an air wing, for a single massed strike on a target.

Alpha striking, in the usage of firing all weapons on a manned unit, is an appropriation by first the Battletech community, later gamers as a whole, and would rarely be used by a professional serving military officer.

Also, not keen on the male OC. What makes Ichika unique is he's the only guy in the world who can use an IS.

...now, a male OC who has to ride herd over one or more female OC IS pilots while trying to remain sane - eg a squadron commander, perhaps....
What IF we get to see another boy that can drive an IS later? The novel still haven't ended, we can still imagine.
But having a guy that's a badass normal like Mwu La Flaga isn't bad... My own char has this recorded in his bio. He pwned an IS with a modified F-22 raptor. XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Anything goes.

Try doing THAT when you are studying for exams on how to cheat others out of their money in the future persuade others to part with their personal finances. I still don't get it why do we even have to cover Production Possibility Frontier when there are more than 1 opportunity cost in all economical situations, and the concept by that which is already ridiculous by itself.

I am already thinking of having Marina Inoue voicing Rachel's handler. Still on the storyboarding stage though, because I got into a mess in school regarding my projects (thus the reason I hate group projects without any cloud or BBS elements).

And I just realised that you added the "slacker" trait to Karon - exactly what I wanted because Rachel is her direct opposite. I forsee that Rachel will always be the one cleaning their dorm in the future.

And the VA for Kari is decided. Mizuki Nana - motherly (to that lazy wolfgirl), supportive and friendly (towards Rachel when she doubts herself), and the DMZ (between Rachel and Karon), also that she has a brilliant voice for singing too. Atashi no uta wo kike!

Though I haven't decided who for that little kuudere.
So nana will be voicing two chars at the same time.. XD
I already made her voice this yandere some time ago:

Spoiler for Sophia Rainer "Aka" Platinum Princess:

I also slightly modified Alex's bio... namely, his personality.
Beware the Stoic with a heart of gold that might turn into a male Yandere...

Also fixed Lyn's profile a bit.

Chapter 2 is around 75% done... should publish it tomorow.
Old 2011-02-20, 14:14   Link #380
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I can't believe I'm doing this...

Okay, current thoughts - I am assuming that the British Ministry of Defence has a vested interest in following IS development and creating doctrine for IS operations in conjuction with ground forces.

With the Apache AH1, they can modify existing US doctrine as well as create their own, but it doesn't detract from the fact that until 656 Squadron went to Helmand there was no Apache doctrine.

This time around, the British Army wants to get a foot into shaping IS doctrine for when it will inevitably become a weapon, and so has a number of observers at the IS academy, one of whom is a British Army officer with the callsign Widow Six Seven, a Forward Air Controller...

Spoiler for Widow Six Seven:

There's a certain bit of crack that can be found with this OC. Consider it my little in-joke at Cecilia's expense. XD

I believe in miracles.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest