Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2004-03-22, 02:23   Link #21
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Here's a tip:

MOVE SOME OF THAT ANIME OFF!!!!

Though honestly, I only had about 8 gigs left a few days ago so I unloaded some stuff onto DVD-R's and now I have 20 gigs left, enough for UT2k4.

Now to actually have a chance to buy the game......I must fill Epic's pockets...mwaaa.....
Old 2004-03-22, 03:44   Link #22
The Xenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
I found a couple of copies of UT2004 at EB, but when I checked the HD space requirement HOLY GEEZ 5.5 GBs for install...

I need a new HD.

Crud. I read it was like 3.something Gig. That i could handle. damn.

Anyway, my roomates and I have been playing teh heck outta the demo. Can't wait to get teh full version.

-Xenos
The Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 04:31   Link #23
OhJustSomeRandomGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova
Here's a tip:

MOVE SOME OF THAT ANIME OFF!!!!

Though honestly, I only had about 8 gigs left a few days ago so I unloaded some stuff onto DVD-R's and now I have 20 gigs left, enough for UT2k4.

Now to actually have a chance to buy the game......I must fill Epic's pockets...mwaaa.....
I nuked like almost all my anime last week. I had 15GB free on the D: drive, but I just defragged that, so I was trying to avoid refragging it. I just uninstalled some old games that I was thinking I might get around to playing someday, but knew better.
OhJustSomeRandomGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 08:33   Link #24
RavenChild
エリック

Send a message via AIM to RavenChild Send a message via MSN to RavenChild
but if you refrag then you will have a chance to frag on ut2004.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhJustSomeRandomGuy
The one I went to only had 10 copies ordered. 10?! Can you believe that? So I went somewhere else...and I jacked a salesperson's copy...the last one in the store. I wouldn't have been so mean, except that I called like 30 min beforehand to make sure they were in stock, and he was like, "Yeah, tons of them."

When I got there, I saw his mistake...there were craploads of UT 2K3. No UT2K4. His mistake led to his colleague's pain.
the one i went to promised us at least 10 and said they were getting 30. they only got 7 and sold those before ut2004 was released. i'm writing a letter right now because of my treatment of one of the people. a supervisor gave a friend a gift certificate because they sold the games and he wasn't called. well when i went to get mine, he said that "He wasn't giving out any more because i didn't bring my mother screaming, crying, and kicking like a little baby."!!!! can you believe he said that?!? he lost a customer and maybe even his job. i'm writing a letter to complain about this. (my ticket to a copy of SE)
Old 2004-03-22, 09:48   Link #25
Briareos

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenChild
the one i went to promised us at least 10 and said they were getting 30. they only got 7 and sold those before ut2004 was released. i'm writing a letter right now because of my treatment of one of the people. a supervisor gave a friend a gift certificate because they sold the games and he wasn't called. well when i went to get mine, he said that "He wasn't giving out any more because i didn't bring my mother screaming, crying, and kicking like a little baby."!!!! can you believe he said that?!? he lost a customer and maybe even his job. i'm writing a letter to complain about this. (my ticket to a copy of SE)
Unfortunately a lot of Managers use Gift Certificates as bribes to make customers -- those that no one really wants or needs as customers -- "happy". (i.e. They've learned that for a $20 write-off they can silently tell the customer to "shut up" and "go away" without getting a letter written to their bosses -- unless they're really stupid and piss other customers off in the process.) Blame it on Managers taking the easy road, and higher ups with unrealistic expectations.

The Demo for UT2004 is awesome. Finally someone does vehicles pretty much right. (Favorite vehicles, Raptor and the tank.) Onslaught is wonderful. I may have to upgrade and buy this one.
Briareos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 10:02   Link #26
Shadowlord
~DESU

lol, i went to futureshop and they had tons, cost me $60, but i get the rebate, so only $50. Luckily I have a 300 GIG HD so I dont have to worry about space. Onslaught is the best, especially if you are on a coordinated team and get the leviathen, they are soo dead
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-22, 10:11   Link #27
cf18
Mecha Pilot

Next time pre-prder from EB games. They seem to be the only one managed to honour most of their pre-orders. Almost everyone one pre-ordered at BB got screwed, since most BB staff just put their shipment on the shelf without checking any pre-order records. When I read about that "rain-check" in the first post, I know you would get screwed for sure.

You should check Circuit City since they got their shipments later than others. Otherwise if you really must get the SE check ebay - they are going for US$75+.
cf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-24, 20:07   Link #28
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
UT2004 is a sucker on resources, my PC might not be top notch, but takes a while to load. Great game otherwise, never really got into UT2003. I though UT GOF, was the best until now. Can't wait for Half Life 2 and Doom 3.

P4 2.4Ghz, 1024MB DDR RAM, 2x 80GB hard drives, Radeon 9500 Pro, Audigy 2, XP Pro w/SP1.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 02:30   Link #29
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

I now have the 6-CD version, since there does not appear to be any Limited Edition in my immediate future. I have to play on my laptop in 320x240x16bpp and lowest detail, but I can safely conclude that these were $40 well spent.
Iori Branford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 03:01   Link #30
Shinobu_Maehara
eternal Shinobu lover

Send a message via ICQ to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via AIM to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via MSN to Shinobu_Maehara Send a message via Yahoo to Shinobu_Maehara
Ok got mine yesterday, I preordered it long ago, but they were having problems getting all the orders done, bla bla bla.

anyway. looks good, feels good, finally I got rid of the demo.

But I need more system resources such as a better processor and a better graphics card.

currently having an Athlon XP 2600 and a Geforce 4 TI 4800se

It just doesn't cut it... =/
Shinobu_Maehara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-25, 22:06   Link #31
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
^^^Well you might new RAM, and that video card you got is horrible. Its good normally, but not the SE versions. If you plan to buy a new video card, do not get an SE version.
husyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:35   Link #32
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Ahhh.... i just got my copy of UT2k4 today... Ahhh it is the deffinition of a "SEXY GAME".... i love it sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much... and u all should love it. If you dont, then you dont desirve it.
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:39   Link #33
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Damn, hearing all those people who say that their comp isn't good enough.

Is there much difference between the system requirements for the demo and the actual game?
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-27, 16:21   Link #34
Shadowlord
~DESU

no, if you check the system requirements, it only requires a 1.5Ghz computer and 256 Megs of ram (recommended) . Also, if you have a 128 meg vid card, it will run fine (so long as it is good quality, although there are some exceptions such as running online with 32 other players and 1 map doesn't seem to work right.)

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 megs of ram, and an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (upgrading to a 5950 Ultra, YEAH!) and I have only had problems on 1 map, and once in a while when there is alot of detail. That is becuase my Vid card isn't build for gaming. So all these people who are complaining their comps arent good enough when they meet or exceed the recommended requirements either have a cachless (almost) Celeron, or are just finding excuses to post their PC configuration. LOL
Shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 16:02   Link #35
Dragonfly
Soul of an Angel

Send a message via AIM to Dragonfly Send a message via MSN to Dragonfly
hmm, i had UT2003 and i liked it,
but since i played Halo and saw what UT2004 is im seriously thinkin its just a Halo clone with a lil more guns.
i think its more one of those game you rent for a day and copy
(in a figure of speech, we all know its not copyable)
Dragonfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 18:29   Link #36
Unidentified

I've played the Halo demo and it's so boring. Where the UT 2004 demo is great, one of the best FPS I've played, although I think HL and CS are better. I'm thinking of getting it but not sure if it would work that well, if your right about the demo having the same requirements as the full version(aside from hard drive space) I might get it.
Unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 19:22   Link #37
Mephisto03
セスラハニカ

Also tha fact people are already cheating in the game kinda makes ya laugh at the whole game. The first week its released and theres already cheating. Yes yes I know this is with other games but they were so fired up about stopping it before hand.
Mephisto03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 22:33   Link #38
OFFSPRiNGCo16
Godlike

Send a message via ICQ to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via AIM to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via MSN to OFFSPRiNGCo16 Send a message via Yahoo to OFFSPRiNGCo16
I got this game a few days ago and wow. Its just an amazing game. I cant wait for some nice mods to come out for it. Even though Onslaught and Assault modes are awesome.
OFFSPRiNGCo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 05:25   Link #39
Jaz
omgwtf?!

Send a message via MSN to Jaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowlord
no, if you check the system requirements, it only requires a 1.5Ghz computer and 256 Megs of ram (recommended) . Also, if you have a 128 meg vid card, it will run fine (so long as it is good quality, although there are some exceptions such as running online with 32 other players and 1 map doesn't seem to work right.)

I have an AMD Athlon XP 2600+, 512 megs of ram, and an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (upgrading to a 5950 Ultra, YEAH!) and I have only had problems on 1 map, and once in a while when there is alot of detail. That is becuase my Vid card isn't build for gaming. So all these people who are complaining their comps arent good enough when they meet or exceed the recommended requirements either have a cachless (almost) Celeron, or are just finding excuses to post their PC configuration. LOL
Thnx, now I'll just have to get up and go to the store to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfly
hmm, i had UT2003 and i liked it,
but since i played Halo and saw what UT2004 is im seriously thinkin its just a Halo clone with a lil more guns.
i think its more one of those game you rent for a day and copy
(in a figure of speech, we all know its not copyable)
Really think so? Halo is a good game, but UT2004 has got way more playing options.
Jaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 23:25   Link #40
Don Eunuch
Lin Er

Remember to switch off pre-load skins as it accounts for the long load time.
Don Eunuch is offline   Reply With Quote