AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

View Poll Results: Amagami SS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 35 45.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 22.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 11.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.30%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.30%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.30%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.30%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-25, 15:28   Link #81
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Her first kill? You could be right there, I admit.

I'm just having fun with this, believe me - I don't take that episode too seriously. I just find humor in how readily people are forgiving some pretty aberrant behavior because she's cute (not least Junichi himself). If nothing else she let him suffer and be a loner for two years because she didn't tell him what Makihara had planned for him - and that's a best-case scenario for what she did. Given that she spent the next two years playing a game of deception and destroying any social life Junichi might have had, I'm not sure why anyone would assume she's capable of telling the truth about anything.
I agree with almost everything you've said, but I wouldn't call Junichi a loner. He had his male friend, and Rihoko and Kaoru. Yeah, it sucks that she didn't tell him much earlier. But did he have to indulge in so much self-pity?

Quote:
I'm not saying she's Yuno Gasai, really just having a laugh - this isn't that kind of story. But Yuno's pretty cute, too...
Indeed. Yuno has the qualities of her flaws, as we say in French. She's brave and determined. (And - ok, she ups the creepy factor by several orders of magnitude. But, just saying.)
Old 2010-12-25, 15:37   Link #82
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
Haruka was the "bait" for this series. In fact her arc had the highest rating in the series(episode 3 is 3.4%) and the lowest was during Rihoko's arc *facepalm...poor Rihoko T_T

http://www.crunchyroll.com/forumtopi...-ranking?pg=29
Can't say that surprises me, unfortunately. I was skeptical of Rihoko first myself, but I warmed up to her eventually. She's a sweet girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Sure, think with the little head and leave the door unlocked. Maybe you'd feel differently if you'd seen the cage with the three skeletons inside Risa's house...
Maybe. Depends who they used to belong to.

And I'm not thinking with my little head, I'm "thinking" with my big heart! /end corniness
Old 2010-12-25, 17:38   Link #83
Texas84
よろしく

I believe her. Junichi protected her with the milk and she fell for him and protected him from Makihara. She may have gone a bit overboard with the six, but it all worked out. Great episode, great series.
Old 2010-12-25, 17:56   Link #84
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Wasn't it so that in the game, Tsukasa was the only girl who Risa did NOT manage to deceive? I think I once read so in a spoiler sheet.
I remember reading the same thing. It would be nice if someone could confirm. I was a bit disappointed that she was fooled like the others, especially since her reaction was the least entertaining of all (<- mostly because we didn't really see it. Loved the blush though).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Is it wrong for me to have Risa as my favorite girl of the series? While I can agree with her being misguided, and arguably very selfish, I just can't get over how adorable she is. And her voice; oh God, that voice. She was also the most appealing character visually to me. Absolutely gorgeous hair.
It's perfectly normal to love the best girl in the series.
Old 2010-12-25, 22:46   Link #85
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
Old 2010-12-25, 23:43   Link #86
eplipswich
The Anime Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I remember reading the same thing. It would be nice if someone could confirm. I was a bit disappointed that she was fooled like the others, especially since her reaction was the least entertaining of all (<- mostly because we didn't really see it. Loved the blush though).
This is confirmed. In fact, there is a video on Youtube that shows that Ayatsuji wasn't fooled by Risa in the game. Just search under "Amagami ps2" and the first video pretty much is the one.

Of course, spoilers are expected in that video, so you are forewarned.

I only watch highly recommended animes ~ ~
Old 2010-12-25, 23:56   Link #87
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by eplipswich View Post
This is confirmed. In fact, there is a video on Youtube that shows that Ayatsuji wasn't fooled by Risa in the game. Just search under "Amagami ps2" and the first video pretty much is the one.

Of course, spoilers are expected in that video, so you are forewarned.
I remember seeing this in Youtube aswell.
Old 2010-12-26, 03:00   Link #88
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
Even here Tsukasa had the best reaction, impressive =O anyway quite nice story with the short time given, i'm suprised and i think Risa would do well as an evil commander in any Earth x Colony war D=
Definitely. The look of shock and frazzled hair on Risa when Tsukasa stormed off was priceless...
Old 2010-12-26, 08:19   Link #89
bunyiper
~Will work for food :3~

personally I expected the story on the trauma part will be revealed on the last ep but I never expected the part where
Risa showed up confessing to him, I mean when I first saw her I was like (who is she?, is this a bonus?)

anyway the ending was quite good :3

Credits to Soviet General for the Sig :3

(\__/)
(+'.'+) This is Bunny. Copy him to your signature to
(")_(") help him gain world domination!!!!
Old 2010-12-26, 10:39   Link #90
Gault
inc_mplete

I still think Risa came out of a typical Korean drama series
Old 2010-12-26, 12:47   Link #91
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
By far the best episode of one of the most boring shows I managed to watch. Probably, this is the only time the studio took into account the amount of source material, when deciding the number of episode
Old 2010-12-26, 15:07   Link #92
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Best arc of the entire series! 10/10
It also was very curious to see how Jun'ichi turned from his very worst, being a disgusting jerk and trampling all over Tsukasa's feelings, into his very best, being the most sensitive of all arcs and also very mindful of the girl's feelings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
If I understand correct, the girl who 2years ago who Junichi was supposed to meet merely wanted to make fun of him in front of her friends and dump him?
Yes. Being humiliated and made fun of in front of others would've been even worse than being stood up. Jun'ichi with his fragile ego would've been in a far worse state then.

Quote:
Stalker-chan was so damn adorable <3

Even if her methods to protect Junichi were dubious, I'm convinced her intentions were pure, she genuinely felt bad for tricking the girls. Silly Risa, you didn't have to through the extra effort of talking to Rihoko, nothing would have happened even if you had left her alone
Indeed, with Rihoko being as uber-phlegmatic as she is, nothing whatsoever would've happened anyway.

Quote:
I would have loved to see what that doctored photo looked like. It must have been damn good to fool all the girls.
Perhaps a photo of him and Miya which she edited for a bit.

Quote:
I wouldn't mind having such a stalker either. And agreed, that was the best episode of the series.
Just open the window and tell her, "Come in, you'll catch a cold outside. There's a nice warm bed inside."

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandchaosSR View Post
I think Risa's story is the true ending because the scene where Risa appears is part of the other heroines' arc. Also this episode's title is: Truth so maybe the writers are hinting that this is the canon ending.
The Risa ending being the true ending would really make sense. It's certainly the best ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
From her point of view the other girls were all out to string Junichi out and then traumatize him again like two years ago. Her motivation wasn't to go get at the other girls but to protect Junichi. What was wrong is that her fears were unfounded, not that she's a vindictive bitch or something, which she isn't.
Yes, she was just a bit overprotective and didn't want Jun'ichi to get hurt by other girls.

Quote:
I am also convinced Risa told the whole truth. She's just a purehearted person (okay, she's a bit extreme too) who used unorthodox means to protect the man she loved.
Agreed, she loves Jun'ichi too much to lie there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I wonder what is her workout plan to get her chest bigger. Risa sure can be very open about these topics.
Perhaps with the oft-quoted "Drink milk"?
There's nothing really you can do there, but it's still cute she wants to try just to make Jun'ichi happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Is it wrong for me to have Risa as my favorite girl of the series? While I can agree with her being misguided, and arguably very selfish, I just can't get over how adorable she is. And her voice; oh God, that voice. She was also the most appealing character visually to me. Absolutely gorgeous hair.
I'll agree with Kanon here:

Quote:
It's perfectly normal to love the best girl in the series.
qft!
Old 2010-12-26, 18:23   Link #93
Mentar
Banned

You guys have no problem with Junichi declaring that he "loved" Risa after spending a grand total of 15 minutes with her? ^_^;

The story had only one episode to work with, so I'm willing to cut Risa a bit of slack, but sorry - that's too quick for me. Going for "let's date to get to know each other better" would have been more convincing IMHO.

Anyway, a good time/performance ratio. 8/10, ending this arc in the upper third, but that's as far as it goes. Comparing Risa to the top arcs feels absurd to me.
Old 2010-12-26, 19:10   Link #94
aldw

Quote:
You guys have no problem with Junichi declaring that he "loved" Risa after spending a grand total of 15 minutes with her? ^_^;

The story had only one episode to work with, so I'm willing to cut Risa a bit of slack, but sorry - that's too quick for me. Going for "let's date to get to know each other better" would have been more convincing IMHO.

Anyway, a good time/performance ratio. 8/10, ending this arc in the upper third, but that's as far as it goes. Comparing Risa to the top arcs feels absurd to me.
Understand wholeheartedly, honestly Tsukasa would still be better for Junichi IMO for making more of a man out of him, whereas the whole Risa match just rubs me the wrong way somehow.
Old 2010-12-26, 22:17   Link #95
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:

I'd say it's understandable. He got a confession from a really cute girl that she loves him. I guess that's what guys dream of (I wouldn't knows), so I could see him warming up to it pretty quickly.

If you want an example of "Too quick", just look at the previous ep. 24. First Jun'ichi turns Tsukasa into a mental wreck, then he avoids her and only after his friend talked some sense in his head, he reluctantly talks with her. Still, he doesn't apologise or tell her that he likes her true self better or anything like that, i.e. continues to handle it pretty poorly, yet all of a sudden anything's supposed to be nice and dandy again?
Now *that* was way too quick and highly unbelievable.
If it was me, I would've kicked him in the balls upon his highly insensitive suggestion to apologise to the bitch girls, dumped him and be done with it.

While I'd say that Jun'ichi and Risa make for the best combination, as he understands her well and is very kind and sensitive towards her, Jun'ichi and Tsukasa are the worst fitting couple out of all them, as Jun'ichi obviously doesn't understand her at all and is very insensitive towards her.
Old 2010-12-26, 23:59   Link #96
chaos_animagic

Yea...

Spoiler for beware of the text:

Anyways... the episode itself is kinda funny... with the repeating scenes with the girls, LOL.
And she did "apologize" to the other girls... (tho I was surprised that she didn't get slapped by any of the girls... guess the other girls were just tooo nice to do so...)
Old 2010-12-27, 01:18   Link #97
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
Yea...

Spoiler for beware of the text:

Anyways... the episode itself is kinda funny... with the repeating scenes with the girls, LOL.
And she did "apologize" to the other girls... (tho I was surprised that she didn't get slapped by any of the girls... guess the other girls were just tooo nice to do so...)
She has a boyfriend for her back up, so she did not get slapped

anyways, I think Junichi just could not withstand being lonely again and seeing a girl cry, this type of guys are easily manipulated
Old 2010-12-27, 01:22   Link #98
karuroso

hum...thinking more carefully about the photo scheme, it actually doesn't make much sence how it actually worked, since this plan has what i think low probability to be successful if some points are considered.
Haruka for example, when Risa showed the photo, Junichi had already confessed two times to her, i think even considering her personality Haruka should've somehow suspected a bit, and Kaoru is relatively close to Junichi, and she knows his personality to the point where she would find atleast a bit strange for him to not telling her about his girlfriend. Sae and Ai are close to Miya and of course Miya would know( or atleast suspect) if he had a girlfriend or not (of course there's the chance to not know but unlikely to happen), Rihoko should've a well suspect about the photo since she's close to him and Miya, and the most interesting is Tsukasa, since she's the only girl without a reason to suspect about the photo and ironically she is the only one who wasn't fooled ( in the game atleast =X).
Old 2010-12-27, 01:53   Link #99
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

No... The fact that there is a photo at all is suspicious. Who the hell takes pictures like that for no reason? True, it does take a bit more alertness for Tsukasa than for the other girls.
Old 2010-12-27, 03:44   Link #100
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karuroso View Post
hum...thinking more carefully about the photo scheme, it actually doesn't make much sence how it actually worked, since this plan has what i think low probability to be successful if some points are considered.
Haruka for example, when Risa showed the photo, Junichi had already confessed two times to her, i think even considering her personality Haruka should've somehow suspected a bit, and Kaoru is relatively close to Junichi, and she knows his personality to the point where she would find atleast a bit strange for him to not telling her about his girlfriend. Sae and Ai are close to Miya and of course Miya would know( or atleast suspect) if he had a girlfriend or not (of course there's the chance to not know but unlikely to happen), Rihoko should've a well suspect about the photo since she's close to him and Miya, and the most interesting is Tsukasa, since she's the only girl without a reason to suspect about the photo and ironically she is the only one who wasn't fooled ( in the game atleast =X).

Ah ah true but as Anh_Minh said, even the photo sheme in itself should have not work There is like 0,1% chance that it works like that.

Another weird thing was the way Mikahara talked to Junichi. It doesn't make sense. She talked to him like nothing happened at all. Weird.