AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-05-27, 15:44   Link #1681
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Hahahaha I just love this Novel, hope it gets an anime adaptation soon and I mean a good one. Even though the prologue of vol 3 is small it gives us some startling details. Kamito was hotter than most girls when he cross dress during the last Blade Dance.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 19:52   Link #1682
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I need volume 8 now!!!

Volume 7 doesnt contain enough Restia. It's going to be a long 3 months.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 20:11   Link #1683
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Sylphic so what about the other chapters in vol 7, you only told us 3. I want to know more, I can't find the info myself since Baka-Tsuki is taking too long.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:16   Link #1684
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Sylphic so what about the other chapters in vol 7, you only told us 3. I want to know more, I can't find the info myself since Baka-Tsuki is taking too long.
Wow really? I'm grateful that its being translated at all, let alone being worried about the speed of the translations.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:18   Link #1685
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well I am grateful for all the translations, just want more. When you find something interesting you want more. If Japan actually made an English version of the book, I would buy it in no hesitation.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:21   Link #1686
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Well I'm sure your aware of this but it does take take to do them and people have their own lives as well, just some patience wouldn't hurt. I understand you want more as I do as well, just gotta have some control over it.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:28   Link #1687
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I know, usually I encourage this. Though my patience even have limits, only then I am selfish. Anyway, Slyphic something must have happened in vol 7 for you to be so pumped up for vol 8 immediately.
Old 2012-05-27, 20:29   Link #1688
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

As I have to comment here. What, the, hell? This Baka-Tsuki isn't a fansub group. It's a place where a ragtag bunch of translators just put their translations. Do understand that B-T doesn't even pay its translators at all because first, it doesn't own translators, and second, the translators are all freelancers. If you want more, please learn Japanese or Chinese, thank you very much.
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 20:45   Link #1689
Riki
ランダム王

Ping got angry...!kill the heretic!

and reaperxkingx: its best if you delete those comments cuz it kinda ticks the brain if you know what i mean
Old 2012-05-27, 20:55   Link #1690
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

I had enough ever since some folks decide to try their luck last Friday...on an indefinite leave from B-T.
Old 2012-05-27, 21:05   Link #1691
Riki
ランダム王

....guess someone asked you to translate a novel that they really wanna know but seems to be ignorant about other peoples life thinking that they are some kind of software that only satisfies your very needs? then yea sorry to hear that....err i can only say calm down since im not used to calming ppl down....if i offend you then sorry.......
Old 2012-05-27, 21:59   Link #1692
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
i'm quite understand your what you are getting at, i mean, compare the current community with the time when baka-tsuki still doing Haruhi translation, the speed right now is quite fast, however, please be a little patient cause when people want translation, most of them don't know the diffirent between translating LN and manga, i know you are annoyed but please calm down a little.

And for people who keep saying there is no progress, try watching about 20-30+ pages full of text on the computer and start typing them, just be grateful that they are continue to translate, you are receiving their work for free, you guys thinks you guys have any right to demand ?
once said this in the Campione thread, repost it for people keep demand for translation
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 22:21   Link #1693
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riki View Post
....guess someone asked you to translate a novel that they really wanna know but seems to be ignorant about other peoples life thinking that they are some kind of software that only satisfies your very needs? then yea sorry to hear that....err i can only say calm down since im not used to calming ppl down....if i offend you then sorry.......
Quote:
once said this in the Campione thread, repost it for people keep demand for translation
...Whole different ball game altogether when people send you death threats to translate faster...It's not about welfare now, we're machines to some...

For the translation of this series, it is going very fast for a B-T project. Goodness...
Old 2012-05-27, 22:25   Link #1694
Valky
Radioactive

Death threat ...? That's a new way to treat your benefactor .. wtf?
Old 2012-05-27, 22:36   Link #1695
Riki
ランダム王

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Death threat ...? That's a new way to treat your benefactor .. wtf?
Hmmm how would i put it....well since i started translating(snail pace) i've received mails saying "go faster" or "dont translate if your this slow". and i only begin recently

pings case on the other-hand he translate many LN so apparently fans of all the different LN send "mails"....and he's one of the guys that can "Trans-am". so in a way people are kinda greedy with things they want and....*its annoying face*.
Old 2012-05-27, 22:41   Link #1696
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
...Whole different ball game altogether when people send you death threats to translate faster...It's not about welfare now, we're machines to some...

For the translation of this series, it is going very fast for a B-T project. Goodness...
death threats ? now thats... a little too much. But Ping, most of the people who read the translation dont't know the diffirence between translating a LN and a manga. They mostly all thought that its just japanese but they don't realized that in LN there are exist much more complicated grammar and Kanji, while most manga use relatively simple one, and BT is a volunteer commiting site, so sometimes the speed is higher, or sometimes lower and most people demand the speed of a weekly tranlating manga team which is complety diffirent. Rage at them might quited them down for a while but it changes nothing, just ignore them. In the past and even right now, i know some BT translator who don't even care about these comment and just say " i'm going my pace, if you want faster release, translate it on your own" so.. what i want to say is hater gonna hate so why bothering with them, there are a lot others who thanks and appriciate yours work anyway.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 22:43   Link #1697
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

I was a very active scanlator, but the crappiness of the manga community made me stop.

Translation is a passion of mine, and I'd be throwing myself onto this novel of it weren't for some real life issues I'm dealing with right now.

If any of you can give me an amazing job lol, we'd be caught up on Seirei Tsukai already

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 01:06   Link #1698
All Fiction

"Baka-Tsuki is taking too long" ?

One translated chapter per week is a damn good rate, you know. And it's just KuroiHikari him/herself, he/she is doing a more than fine job.
Old 2012-05-28, 02:02   Link #1699
Tom Bombadil

Apologize if I have mislead some of our forumers, the one who was going to take the exam is not KuroHikari, but some Chinese translator (in the sense of "translating from Japanese to Chinese").

Agreed on "KuroHikari doing a great job" part. Kudos to him/her.

Edit:

according to here http://blog.mediafactory.co.jp/mfbunkoj/?p=10701

■『精霊使いの剣舞』1~7巻

志瑞祐先生×桜はんぺん先生がお贈りする、

大人気学園ファンタジー×バトルアクション!

こちらも、

既刊1~6巻と、

5月発売の最新7巻が重版決定です!

こちらも7巻は発売前重版ですねー。すごい!

It seems that vol7 sold out so fast that they are doing additional printing.

Last edited by Tom Bombadil; 2012-05-28 at 03:19.
Tom Bombadil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 03:17   Link #1700
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
death threats ? now thats... a little too much. But Ping, most of the people who read the translation dont't know the diffirence between translating a LN and a manga. They mostly all thought that its just japanese but they don't realized that in LN there are exist much more complicated grammar and Kanji, while most manga use relatively simple one, and BT is a volunteer commiting site, so sometimes the speed is higher, or sometimes lower and most people demand the speed of a weekly tranlating manga team which is complety diffirent. Rage at them might quited them down for a while but it changes nothing, just ignore them. In the past and even right now, i know some BT translator who don't even care about these comment and just say " i'm going my pace, if you want faster release, translate it on your own" so.. what i want to say is hater gonna hate so why bothering with them, there are a lot others who thanks and appriciate yours work anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Answer from Interview
I became somewhat cynical over readers, namely how many would take for granted (and it’s not like I translated the series for them because I liked them or that I felt pity for them–in a somewhat tsundere like fashion). However, I would occasionally tell off readers at times when I feel that they stepped over the line, mainly because I’m somewhat idealistic in thinking that I can drill this into their heads.
Let's face it, Kuroihikari's progress on this series is currently the fastest on Baka-Tsuki. Faster than High School DxD. That's how fast the translation is now.

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap