AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-01-07, 11:06   Link #881
skullheart

I think the earliest we'll know if there's a second season is when the novel series finishes. But i think it's not unlikely since they did show characters that are involved in the plot after michi.
skullheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 11:47   Link #882
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by s07195 View Post
If this turns out to be true, then my whole life, or at least a relatively small part of it, has been a lie.

EDIT: It always seems like I'm putting it off or something, but I've been studying for exams over Christmas, what with them being 3 days away from today and all, which is why no progress has been made on my part for Volume 2...
Your life has been a lie then

Pudding's back for Kizu I think, so don't worry.

Last edited by Lantern; 2013-01-11 at 19:09.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-07, 19:46   Link #883
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lantern View Post

Pudding might slow down though...He was ranting on his exams a few hours ago. And he didn't even send me a moe pic like he would normally do!
Old 2013-01-11, 18:46   Link #884
pudding321

Quote:

sorry I won't be touching the project for the moment...
pudding321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-11, 19:21   Link #885
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudding321 View Post
sorry I won't be touching the project for the moment...
Just gimme my moe pic.
Old 2013-01-25, 10:17   Link #886
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
ファミ通文库
3/30発売
●アリストクライシ I(仮) 【著:绫里けいし/絵:るろお】
●特装版 バカとテストと召唤獣 11 【著:井上坚二/絵:叶贺ユイ】
●バカとテストと召唤獣 11 【著:井上坚二/絵:叶贺ユイ】
●ココロコネクト アスランダム 下 【著:庵田定夏/絵:白身鱼】
●ドレスな仆がやんごとなき方々の家庭教师様な件 3 【著:野村美月/絵:karory】
●龙ヶ嬢七々々の埋蔵金 5 【著:凤乃一真/絵:赤りんご】
●魔女の绝対道徳 2 【著:森田季节/絵:NOCO】
●もちろんでございます、お嬢様 3 【著:竹冈叶月/絵:りいちゅ】
●神様と运命**のパラドクス 天使と叶える愿い事 【著:はせがわみやび/絵:いとうのいじ】
●マブラヴ オルタネイティヴ トータル・イクリプス 6 膺惩の火影 【著:吉宗钢纪/絵:ixtl】
●シュヴァルツェスマーケン 5 红莲なる吊钟の中で 【著:内田弘树/原作:吉宗钢纪/絵:CARNELIAN】
●モンスターハンター 苍天の证 (8) 【著:柄本和昭/絵:凯】
●アルシャードセイヴァーRPG リプレイ 3 スタンド・バイ・ミー 【著:田中 天、F.E.A.R./絵:ぽぽるちゃ】
Asu Random (Pt.2) announced for 3/30 release
Old 2013-01-26, 03:00   Link #887
skullheart

2 more months till the conclusion. Can't wait for it. Hopefully it's not the last book and there will be sort of short story later
Old 2013-01-27, 00:09   Link #888
Athena
The Power of One

I wish for Kokoro Connect: After Story.
Old 2013-01-27, 11:15   Link #889
skullheart

They should also make the "true" yochi random into a book. But yochi random has some things pretty close to yume random. Looking in to the future to help others or looking at dreams to help others pretty similar.
Now that i've been thinking, whether its a coincidence or not for the openings to show a rainbow in the anime version, 7 colours equal 7 people? maybe its not finished yet

Last edited by skullheart; 2013-01-27 at 14:03.
Old 2013-01-28, 18:07   Link #890
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullheart View Post
They should also make the "true" yochi random into a book. But yochi random has some things pretty close to yume random. Looking in to the future to help others or looking at dreams to help others pretty similar.
Now that i've been thinking, whether its a coincidence or not for the openings to show a rainbow in the anime version, 7 colours equal 7 people? maybe its not finished yet
Well, tbh I don't think there'd be any point in adding Yochi Random in the main series unless they come up with a completely new story. Most of Yochi's arc are like compact, milder versions of what we already have in the main series. "Inaba's Resolution" arc is pretty much Kizu arc without CRC falling apart, while "Under the Mask" arc is Michi arc without Iori shutting herself off.

On another note, I don't think Yochi and Yume are at all similar. Yochi only shows CRC their own future (in fact this mechanic is dissected and explained in the common route), while Yume shows explicitly other people's dream. The themes are completely two different things: Yochi pressures your mental security with knowledge of a possible outcome. Yume confronts your ideology and choice whether or not to intervene with other people's lives.
Old 2013-01-28, 20:01   Link #891
skullheart

In a way yochi was also about whether to intervene.
eg. nagase and the chemistry accident, whether to tell her not
but there wasn't much of a conflict in the group since it played out "everybody listen to taichi" in the game
Old 2013-01-28, 21:01   Link #892
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
In a way yochi was also about whether to intervene.
eg. nagase and the chemistry accident, whether to tell her not
but there wasn't much of a conflict in the group since it played out "everybody listen to taichi" in the game
Except in that case, Inaba herself is involved in that "future". Her decision of intervening or not isn't exactly from an "outsider" point of view.

The whole mess in Yume arc escalated because Taichi and Yui are intervening other people's lives that they are not part of. Nothing out of ordinary would happen if they choose to not intervene. Both parties would go on about their lives as usual. The core soul searching question in that arc is: Why do they want to intervene? What is their will?

However, in Yochi's case and in this example, Inaba, her decision affects either Taichi/Iori, or Inaba herself. She's involved in it, and there's no getting away from it. She isn't trying to rewrite the tale of those who are not involved. She isn't dealing with "Why she chose to do that" or "What was she thinking when she made that choice" either; these aren't important in Yochi. She's confronting the consequence of her choice in search of her personal growth.

I personally don't really see a "real" theme in Yochi, since everyone's arc are so different. But if anything, it's more about how to act with that knowledge of the future and its consequence than about whether or not and why one should change the future, and that "how/why" really depends on which character's perspective you're on, and doesn't stand up much on its own as a theme.
Old 2013-01-28, 21:49   Link #893
skullheart

Latern, do you know what the special routes for yochi random are about? From the trailer it seems similar to the drama cd.
Old 2013-01-28, 22:10   Link #894
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
Latern, do you know what the special routes for yochi random are about? From the trailer it seems similar to the drama cd.
No idea. It doesn't seem like any body I know managed to purchased a copy of those routes either.
Old 2013-02-02, 12:40   Link #895
s07195
However,

Quote:
Spoiler for Yume/Yochi Comparison:
Which reminds me then, would you say that the mechanics for Kizu and Michi are similar?
Old 2013-02-02, 15:16   Link #896
skullheart

No, Kizu is more involved in the physical actions and are forced to do it. But michi tells everybody your thoughts and feelings. The difference is in the novel and the anime in michi where the anime doesn't show the characters actually feeling the other person's emotions.

Been re-reading kako random raw and noticed something interesting, are they actually allowed to write f**k you in japanese books?

Last edited by skullheart; 2013-02-02 at 15:36.
Old 2013-02-11, 20:49   Link #897
pudding321

Quote:
No, Kizu is more involved in the physical actions and are forced to do it. But michi tells everybody your thoughts and feelings. The difference is in the novel and the anime in michi where the anime doesn't show the characters actually feeling the other person's emotions.

Been re-reading kako random raw and noticed something interesting, are they actually allowed to write f**k you in japanese books?
Do you mean there are restrictions of strong language use in Japanese publications? I doubt this, unless it is for baby or child publications

I've seen the use of strong language in English publications, which in most cases are abuses, in which the writer only wanted to use them to flaunt their talent in combining and revitalising cliche swear swords and the likes.
Old 2013-02-14, 14:43   Link #898
skullheart

I guess that word isnt a big deal in japan. I heard that they sell t-shirts with that word on it in japan and people actually wear it in public.
Old 2013-02-14, 15:10   Link #899
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Quote:
I guess that word isnt a big deal in japan. I heard that they sell t-shirts with that word on it in japan and people actually wear it in public.
To be fair... ppl do that in the US and some countries in Europe too... And of course nobody in their right mind to wear those shirts to show up in a business conference

Quote:
Did they in Kako? I don't remember seeing the F word except that one single time in Michi, and it was all in her head too.

Last edited by Lantern; 2013-02-14 at 23:02.
Old 2013-02-14, 21:43   Link #900
pudding321

Well, I didn't like Inaba raising her middle finger or throwing the f bomb anyway, although after that anticlimax she seemed even weird to me now.

Tags
romance, shounen