3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-01-21, 01:57   Link #61
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Say, the fact that Gunplayer usually have to rebuild their suits raised to me a qestion: Would you use a really spritually meaningful model for fighting? For example, one that born from the effort of you and your father? Because the next episode scream this is going to happen.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 02:01   Link #62
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
For example, one that born from the effort of you and your father? Because the next episode scream this is going to happen.
That light!
This is Sei's...
This is Reiji's...
This is Takeshi's Gunpla!
It's empowered by love I hate that cheesy psycoframe line.

On a side note, I think Sei and Reiji seems to appear the "worse" of the best because their opponents have been very formidable or the odds have been against them. Easily, without inteference by Mega Zaku, Baseball and Zeong sabotages, the Star Build Strike would have come out unscathed. The primary factor is battle experience, as without doubt, Reiji has the skills, he just doesn't have enough experience, as demonstrated by his skirmishes with Felini and Luang. I think if they were pitted against the opponents that Meiji/Aila faces, they would do very well easily.

While I do question some of Reiji's hot headed attacks, like pursuing the Abigorbine and failing to dodge the GyanGyanGyan's missile barrage, it is his reckless fights which also made it all the more exciting. Add some of Sei's strategies and easily this underdog team can pull through, no matter how close *some dose of plot armour helps*

Since we're probably not going to see a change in unit, I wonder what kinda "evolution" will the Star Build Strike undergo. He can no longer rely on the shield gimmick to pull through.

I realized it too late but it's always been hinted that Star Build had an inner frame/is an RG:

Last edited by Aurelis; 2014-01-21 at 04:49.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 03:42   Link #63
Bombo
TSF Fans

[QUOTE=Shinji103;4983028]One of the best fights in one of the best episodes yet, and we aren't even in the finals. It can never be said enough:

HOW DID THEY MAKE THIS SO MUCH MORE ENTERTAINING THAN NORMAL GUNDAM??!!

/QUOTE]
Right!? Right !? I THOUGHT LIKE THAT...amazing episode and the best battle so far in this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
That feel when my very first Gunpla was the 1/144 Wing Gundam
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm touched with this feeling...Go wing gundam!

Add:
Especially : (( Let's grab victory with these hands! ))

YEAH !!!!!

Last edited by Bombo; 2014-01-21 at 04:32.
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:33   Link #64
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Say, the fact that Gunplayer usually have to rebuild their suits raised to me a qestion: Would you use a really spritually meaningful model for fighting? For example, one that born from the effort of you and your father? Because the next episode scream this is going to happen.
Me personally? Nope, I would never for example use the HGUC Delta Plus my Grandfather bought me (which I took a long time to labor and carefully build) before he died
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:50   Link #65
Yesman
PMS Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
And Fellini is NOT going to upgrade (the whole episode itself proved this, he just kept fixing the Fenice and using it nomatter what happened, and at the end he was repairing it again), I don't know why people keep going on about the characters having to upgrade. Those characters picked those suits because they PERSONALLY liked them, and they continue to use and modify them. Same goes for Mao, he likes the Gundam X.
They probably thought that because an HGAC Wing Zero was announced, which will come out on March, but you're right. Ricardo's probably just gonna change Fenice's equipment and improve its performance for the top 16.

Quote:
Also in this series suit specs from the original shows don't really matter for balancing reasons, EVERYTHING is determined by the kit build and piloting skills.
The show's MS probably has their own specs, but it's quite unclear which is better, but some are easier to discern, like Build Strike Full Package is better than Aile Strike, or Kampfer Amazing is much more amazing than the original Kampfer. There's no point in comparing them for now, though.

Quote:
The Tallgeese Valkyrie is also WEAKER as a matter of fact, the pilot had ZERO plavsky particle manipulation experience, and his kit was a plain kitbash kit, with some minor mods (primarily articulation) and a paintjob
It's still a World-level gunpla, so I'd say that the Tallgeese Valkyrie has slightly higher performance than X Maoh, both of them can instantly fire a full-power shot, but Maoh's cannon is definitely stronger, making it the overall better suit.

Quote:
The weakest of the Top 16 we have seen so far is definitely Sei and Reiji, while their kit is strong, Reiji do not posses the same amount of experience of some of the other pilots, while the SBS have some glaringly obvious weaknesses
There's still some unnamed contestants in the top 16. I wonder who they'll add, and whether they'll be competent or not.

Quote:
Wow, if they made the Wing Gundam and Strike so tricked out, what will happen if they put in Wing Zero, Strike Freedom or Destiny gundams?
I can't help but imagine Nils taking on a Strike Freedom, with Strike Freedom doing the iconic blade grasp, only for it to fail against Nils' swordsmanship.
Yesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 04:59   Link #66
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
I forgot the name of that boss MS in Victory with the two rings and flying saucer that was Mao's opponent.
The Zanneck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
Reiji is a Prince from wherever he's from. I kinda suspected some like that would be the case.
Well Reiji said exactly that back at the beginning of the series. While they made it out to be a joke, it was obvious Reiji was telling the truth.

Quote:
Btw, Gunpla mafia...Really? -_-
That was pretty much Sei's reaction too.
Old 2014-01-21, 05:09   Link #67
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
That feel when my very first Gunpla was the 1/144 Wing Gundam
MANLY tears were shed.

This episode was fantastic. Looking forward to it getting topped in the finals though.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 05:44   Link #68
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

You know, apart from Fellini's feels... actually that was feels not just on the determination level, but a vindication of every single person, who chooses a build/unit/mecha/whatever and sticks with it, because they like it, minmaxing be damned.

The feels. The feels hit like a buster rifle. Especially when Fellini goes, "Okay, partner?" and Fenice's eyes light up just like in the Gundam Wing OP. And then Riccardo Fellini and Wing Gundam Fenice get up and continue fighting.

And not just that.

In any other series, a draw would have been a cop out. A way to keep everyone happy. But this episode. This draw. Everyone gave it their all, fighting whole-heartedly with guts and determination and love of Gunpla. The draw felt right. And the audience agreed.

Also, Mihoshi and China's tears of relief at the results. Yes, these girls do love their boys. (Now, boys, time to wise up. )

Why is this episode so much better than the last half of Gundam AGE combined? @___@

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 06:11   Link #69
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I'm happy that Felini still the most leet on raw skill in main character roster

His mecha is not only weaker, it's GIMPED. And not only because asymmetry, but it's plain stated out that it's A. Old and B. Too damaged to use normal repair method

And Felini is too proud of it to order replacement parts until it's pretty much late.

(Case in point, Fenice actually has few wing Zero parts)
Old 2014-01-21, 06:33   Link #70
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Just something to note/point out.

Apparently during Fellini's early days, his Fenice lost to a ZZ(The arms gave it away). On top of that, Fenice was also in its custom, asymmetrical form during then:

Images
Old 2014-01-21, 07:04   Link #71
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Jesus, what an episode. The emotion by Felini and his love for Gundam was expressed so well in this episode. How much each characters love Gundam and their connection to it is just nice to watch as a Gundam fan, the show is like a mirror, reflecting our love of Gundam back to us.

This show is just incredible, way exceeded my expectation.
Old 2014-01-21, 07:43   Link #72
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
That was pretty much Sei's reaction too.
Sunrise is apparently poking for at themselves and others for using such extremely absurd plots. I got a pretty good laugh out of that scene as well.

So is anyone else curious as to how all the finalists immediately recognized the capability of Seiji's new system when it was inanimately glowing? "IT'S GLOWING. IT MUST BE ALL-AROUND BETTER NOW! I'm an expert, trust me! "

At any rate, this episode had a pretty great draw battle, and I'm beginning to feel excitement for the finals of this tournament! More than anything, I want to see more of that Kampfer Amazing. Normally I would mock them for choosing such lame names, but I nearly typed in "amazing Kampfer" before I realized that they actually chose a perfect name. That last bit where they're getting their Gunpla ready in the hotel was a pretty great way to finish it off too!
Old 2014-01-21, 08:50   Link #73
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Yet, Alejandro wasn't the one piloting the Alvatore which was defeated by Luang
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 08:53   Link #74
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Mistaking Poland flag for Indonesia

What the hell Sunrise?
Old 2014-01-21, 08:56   Link #75
Death Usagi
Banned

I don't know if this was posted, but anyone notice how in 13:24 of the episode, they made a mistake by putting "Build Strike Full Package" instead of Star Build Strike?
Old 2014-01-21, 09:28   Link #76
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

What the hell Sunrise?
How about this... Does Cuba know Gundam? Heck, I doubt that unless someone smuggled the merchandise to them!

Anyways, it was an epic fight that is better than last week's episode!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-21, 10:06   Link #77
Death Usagi
Banned

Baseball and Racing... yeah... we didn't need such things... :/

They should have done something similar to capture the flag except they need to take out a Battleship or something
Old 2014-01-21, 10:36   Link #78
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post

What the hell Sunrise?
Images
it happens
Old 2014-01-21, 10:50   Link #79
Death Usagi
Banned

Not enough research?
Old 2014-01-21, 12:03   Link #80
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Probably polandball syndrome