AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2014-06-06, 14:02   Link #1
DorkingtonPugsly

Nejimaki Kagyu [manga]

A favorite of mine with a really unique artstyle and characters. Saw no thread so I finally made one. I read the raws and all so if anyone wants to talk about the latest chapters (or any of the non translated) we can~!

Synopsis
Quote:
Negizawa Kamo once tearfully promised his weak childhood friend Kagyu Jubei that he would grow up to be a teacher who would not stand for bullying. Several years later, as a teacher, he meets Kagyu once more under...strange circumstances to say the least.

While Negizawa was training to become a great teacher, Kagyu (who, like most women, fell for Negizawa) polished her fists so that she could protect him when they met again.

Hilarity ensues as Negizawa strives to become the teacher he once dreamed of being and Kagyu protects his chastity from the numerous women who lust after his sweet behind.
Old 2014-06-06, 14:27   Link #2
bakato

Kinda reminds me of Zaregoto.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:06   Link #3
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
The art style took a while to get used to, but it was still an enjoyable little manga to read =03. Unfortunately, I've only read up to where the SC's vice prez was fighting, as that was the last translated chap at that time. If it reached 10 volumes, it must be still good...hopefully (>.>)....

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 15:08   Link #4
bakato

So basically our guy is a chick magnet in a way that defies any explanation.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 20:55   Link #5
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Kinda reminds me of Zaregoto.
Yeah kinda! I say try it if you liked that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
The art style took a while to get used to, but it was still an enjoyable little manga to read =03. Unfortunately, I've only read up to where the SC's vice prez was fighting, as that was the last translated chap at that time. If it reached 10 volumes, it must be still good...hopefully (>.>)....
Yeah it's definitely a weird (in a good way) style but once you get used to it it's cool. The exaggerated expressions and movements fit the story I think. I can only tell you that it does get even better, and currently it's got 14 volumes out with 15 coming later this month. The art style evolves to something even more stylized and unique. For some reason it's having a rather 'slow' discovery online and in the west, thus the lack of translations (only up to the beginning of the 3rd volume) and it's also nearly impossible to find any raws of earlier chapters online.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
So basically our guy is a chick magnet in a way that defies any explanation.
Yeah in a way, but I think a lot of it has to do with his personality, and he's not bad looking either. But it's really just a little thing to introduce the premise and the characters, and doesn't necessarily persist. A big theme becomes love, what is love? Why do you love? And has various characters with feelings for others.
There's a lot of emphasis on the 'true self' of people and their hidden selves. Showing your real self.
It's weird but if you have the time you should definitely check it out.
Old 2014-06-07, 19:06   Link #6
kazzuya13

The illustration of this manga is very unique. And I kinda love the story.
Old 2014-06-08, 12:56   Link #7
DorkingtonPugsly

Well I had my fears (with the current arc) that the manga would be ending pretty soon, and my fear's been confirmed, next week's chapter will be the last one... ;_;
Old 2017-04-01, 22:48   Link #8
Puluo

Where did u read the raws/chapter? If so can u spoil the ending for me? Im desperate to know the outcome of the main character.. (I knew the last post was 2014 but i think there might be some chances?
Puluo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-02, 06:17   Link #9
WyrdMonger

Spoiler for Ending:
WyrdMonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-10, 07:15   Link #10
Puluo

Wait whaat.. sorry but im so confused...
Kamo is the male MC
Kagyu is the female MC

and if im not wrong Shino is the little girl that lives in a strict childhood.

So who is Mori? and i dont really get it about the children part @_@

sorry for asking too many question at once this is because im very curious and i cant seems to find a website to read the manga. sorry >_<

Last edited by Puluo; 2017-04-10 at 07:16. Reason: mistype
Puluo is offline   Reply With Quote