Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-23, 09:56   Link #61
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
If this is anywhere near to the quality of Kara no Kyoukai, it'll be great.

Do I have to read or watch Fate/Stay Night to understand and appreciate this? I know Deen's F/SN adaptation was underwhelming, and I way too little patience with the VN medium to read much.
Not really necessary but you'd appreciate it more. And tbh DEEN's F/SN adaptation wasn't so bad it was unbearable.
Old 2010-12-23, 11:58   Link #62
LoveYouSaber

This piece of news is absolutely the best Christmas present!!

There always had been rumours that Fate/Zero will be getting an animation, starting from when they produced the Drama CD, but now it's a reality!
LoveYouSaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 13:56   Link #63
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Hell yes! Hell yes! Hell yes! It'll have the same design style as KnK and has a great notable director too. I really can't wait.

Now, should I read the novels first or watch the anime?

Quote:
Do I have to read or watch Fate/Stay Night to understand and appreciate this? I know Deen's F/SN adaptation was underwhelming, and I way too little patience with the VN medium to read much.
To fully appreciate this, you need to know what happens after, however I don't think you need to. Either way, it does not matter. The VN is amazing and you should give it a go if you haven't.
Old 2010-12-23, 15:27   Link #64
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Now, should I read the novels first or watch the anime?
I'm pondering the same thing. Since they say the anime will not only include everything from the novels, but also add new scenes, I guess there's not much point in reading the novels beforehand. I think I'll save myself some time and patiently wait for the anime.
Old 2010-12-23, 16:16   Link #65
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I'm pondering the same thing. Since they say the anime will not only include everything from the novels, but also add new scenes, I guess there's not much point in reading the novels beforehand. I think I'll save myself some time and patiently wait for the anime.
I am thinking that as well. Not to mention the novels aren't complete translated.

The big question is what format will they decide to do... I'd prefer a TV series so I wouldn't have to wait but they might have to censor and cut out a lot, not to mention the animation quality from having a lower budget versus an OVA or movie.
Old 2010-12-23, 16:20   Link #66
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
The big question is what format will they decide to do... I'd prefer a TV series so I wouldn't have to wait but they might have to censor and cut out a lot, not to mention the animation quality from having a lower budget versus an OVA or movie.
An OVA release similar to Kara no Kyoukai would be the most suitable decision.
Old 2010-12-23, 16:27   Link #67
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
An OVA release similar to Kara no Kyoukai would be the most suitable decision.
Kara no Kyoukai was a film series.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 16:49   Link #68
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Kara no Kyoukai was a film series.
OVA, Film, does it really matter? My point still stands that it should have a similar release for the project to work best.
Old 2010-12-23, 17:19   Link #69
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
I am thinking that as well. Not to mention the novels aren't complete translated.
Yeah, I've come to the same decision myself. I've only recently read the first volume. Lucky they announced this before I continued.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 19:09   Link #70
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
OVA, Film, does it really matter? My point still stands that it should have a similar release for the project to work best.
Film will have a much longer wait period between releases, not to mention we'd have to wait for BD/DVD release since we are not in Japan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Yeah, I've come to the same decision myself. I've only recently read the first volume. Lucky they announced this before I continued.
I read a few pages, and it was awesome, but I hate to stare at a monitor for so long just reading text like that, so yeah.
Old 2010-12-23, 19:18   Link #71
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Film will have a much longer wait period between releases, not to mention we'd have to wait for BD/DVD release since we are not in Japan.
That's not necessarily true, see Tales of Symphonia OVA for example. Which is actually from ufotable as well. While you might argue that it's separated as two different 'series', the first one came out in 2007 and the last one from Tethe'alla chapter will only come out in 2011. Well, and there's already yet another ToS OVA sequel announced to finish up the story, iirc, so at best we'll get the full story by the end of 2011.
Old 2010-12-23, 19:44   Link #72
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Disappointing if its just another OVA.
Old 2010-12-23, 20:04   Link #73
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
That's not necessarily true, see Tales of Symphonia OVA for example. Which is actually from ufotable as well. While you might argue that it's separated as two different 'series', the first one came out in 2007 and the last one from Tethe'alla chapter will only come out in 2011. Well, and there's already yet another ToS OVA sequel announced to finish up the story, iirc, so at best we'll get the full story by the end of 2011.
I suppose that is true. The Broken Blade movies are premiering pretty close to each other as well. We will ahve to wait and see (and hope).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
Disappointing if its just another OVA.
It won't be. Many of us have high expectations and I don't think they will be let down. I'm sure I'm not the only confident one here either. Have faith!
Old 2010-12-23, 21:16   Link #74
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

First promotional art.
Old 2010-12-23, 21:35   Link #75
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

I'd just like to point out how good Saber's looking on this. It's definitely my favourite promotional art ever for anything related to animated versions of Fate.

In other news: "Is that Sauron in the background?". Saving everyone from this question, which is bound to appear, haha.
Old 2010-12-23, 21:37   Link #76
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

Amazing.

Simply amazing.
Old 2010-12-23, 21:46   Link #77
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

OVAs are great, but a film series (i.e. Kara no Kyoukai) is ultimately preferable for me. I don't mind waiting several months if I get a better product in the end.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 21:58   Link #78
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
OVAs are great, but a film series (i.e. Kara no Kyoukai) is ultimately preferable for me. I don't mind waiting several months if I get a better product in the end.
Problem is that the end product will be very rushed, just like the UBW movie was. And Zero is a very big prologue.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-23, 22:06   Link #79
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Problem is that the end product will be very rushed, just like the UBW movie was. And Zero is a very big prologue.
He mentioned a series of films, not just one film (like UBW). If you ask me, Kara no Kyoukai did a very nice job at adapting the novels, and the fan response to it is so positive that I doubt you'd find a lot of people disagreeing with this statement.

Besides, being OVAs won't guarantee longer running time in the end. Tales of Symphonia OVAs had all around 30 minutes per episode, with some getting to 40. Rakkyo had several movies which ran for more than an hour, while the shortest ones were around 40 minutes.

All that isn't particularly important, anyway, because what really will make the cut in the end is how good the staff is. And I think these guys - in particular Aoki Ei - have already proven themselves as worthy of the fans' trust. Not to mention that Urobuchi Gen himself said that the length of the project will allow them to adapt everything from the original novels and still add some original scenes.
Old 2010-12-23, 22:12   Link #80
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Kara no Kyoukai had a poorly structured mess of a story. One of the most over-rated anime in recent history.

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation