AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2021-06-05, 19:27   Link #12701
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
That looks to be Battle Arena Toshinden
Yeah, that's the one alright. Thanks.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-22, 08:52   Link #12702
kodomonoko

Hello.
I need a help with identification of anime.
Here a scene from it:

Does anyone knows from which anime this scene is?

Edit: on other web site a person helped me. It's from anime "Asobi ni Iku yo!", if someone else wonders.

Last edited by kodomonoko; 2021-09-22 at 13:27.
kodomonoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-23, 20:10   Link #12703
YuriBland

halp plss

someone remember the name of that anime that the swords are ladys and the protagonist's sword leaves him?
YuriBland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-24, 03:15   Link #12704
Tenzen12

I don't remember enough to be sure, but it could be Shining Tears X Wind
Old 2021-10-30, 18:24   Link #12705
kisuke28

Help me ID this anime please

I only saw a short part vid of it and accidentally closed the app after that.

The scene shows a girl running and bumping into a guy.
Guy holds on to the girls hand and asks him to let go, saying they will kill her.
The guy then lets her go. Girl runs away. He walks into an alley where there are 2 monsters. They talk and he somehow causes one of them to explode.

I dont think it is an old anime since the animation quality and drawing seem good.

Anyone know wats the title. Just the title will do. Thanks

Last edited by kisuke28; 2021-10-30 at 20:05.
kisuke28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-13, 00:24   Link #12706
AerithTheGhoul

Trying to find the title of this anime

Hello, I'm here to ask if anyone has seen an anime my friend has remembers watching a few years back. He can't remember the name of it, so he's asking me if I can find it.
I wasn't able to find the anime they described thus far so I decided to take my search to here. I'll paraphrase some of the story beats he gave me:
  • Nine girls are trapped in a room that looks like either a bathroom or gym locker room.
  • The room they are in has no doors or clear exit.
  • After a few days trapped in the room, they begin to fall into despair and begin screaming, eventually escalating into the girls brutally killing themselves.
  • Some deaths that stood out were one girl bashing her face in, and another clawing her throat out.
  • There was no background music, save for some occasional ambience.
  • As for the art style, nothing was quite memorable aside from their eyes being kinda small and apart from each other.

If anyone can tell me what the name of this anime is, it'd be much appreciated.
AerithTheGhoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-12-23, 19:04   Link #12707
Uh_huh

Hi, I believe this is a Korean manhwa that I read a few years ago but I'm not 100% sure. I can't remember too much about it but here goes:

It starts off talking about how students try to compete to attend this prestigious school where those who graduate from it become society's elite. Afterwards, you are introduced to all the candidates and the students are told they have to compete with each other in a game that will decide who gets in. However, part way thru the admissions test, terrorists (or some militia group) decide to attack the school (to kidnap all the rich/powerful people). The police are called in but they were worried about casualties and the students decide to band together to stop them instead.

That's all I can remember so hopefully someone can help me. I've tried google and everything but the details are too generic and this manga is at least a few years ago.
Uh_huh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-02, 09:31   Link #12708
Okane786

Pearl necklace and destroying heads

Can anyone ID this, I think it was way back in the 1970’s. An evil entity launches a feather that goes around and creates pearl necklaces everywhere. Unsuspecting women find the necklace and wears them. The necklace is some sort of teleportation device that sends everything above the necklace (I.e. their head) to the lair of some evil being. They are still alive… it’s just that their head and the rest of their body are operating in two different places. The heads are floating in the air and they are talking to each other wondering what is happening to them. The evil entity promptly shows up and starts destroying the helpless heads. One girl picks up the necklace but it breaks in half, so she takes each of the two pieces and makes wristbands with them and wears them. She then stares at her arms wondering in confusion what happened to her hands. The scene right before commercial break shows just her hands floating in the lair.
Okane786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-04, 04:46   Link #12709
Yawnnie

Can anyone please help me?

Does anyone of you have any idea about an anime where each episodes are one shots tales?
Like some of the stories goes like this,
one story had a girl who is a violinist and has a childhood friend but the childhood friend shortly leaves. Then an incident happens where the violinist house is in fire so she jumps from the window with her violin and breaks her legs?

Another story is about a grandma who tries to kill a girl

Another is of a middle school girl who loves a highchool boy to the point of learning to cook him meals
Another is of a priestess.
If anyone has an idea, can you please tell me?
I am searching for this anime everywhere but I can't remember the name.
All I can remember that it is quite old. Like the early 2000s anime era.
Yawnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 03:16   Link #12710
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okane786 View Post
Can anyone ID this, I think it was way back in the 1970’s. An evil entity launches a feather that goes around and creates pearl necklaces everywhere. Unsuspecting women find the necklace and wears them. The necklace is some sort of teleportation device that sends everything above the necklace (I.e. their head) to the lair of some evil being. They are still alive… it’s just that their head and the rest of their body are operating in two different places. The heads are floating in the air and they are talking to each other wondering what is happening to them. The evil entity promptly shows up and starts destroying the helpless heads. One girl picks up the necklace but it breaks in half, so she takes each of the two pieces and makes wristbands with them and wears them. She then stares at her arms wondering in confusion what happened to her hands. The scene right before commercial break shows just her hands floating in the lair.
Sounds very much like a demon from Devilman (Wiki-en). Has to be The time period and specific details definitely mark it as such. I still haven't watched the newer Devilman Crybaby, else if it wasn't the 70s I'd say to double check that just in case, or something referencing Devilman. I hope that helps!

Specifically, around:
Quote:
Kenetos: Appears in episode 29 (IMDb-ep29). Powers include flight, feathers that turn into necklaces that transport heads to another dimension upon wearing them, cold winds from the nostrils and wings on the head, talons, and homing razor feathers.

This may already be identified elsewhere as "Myself; Yourself"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawnnie View Post
Does anyone of you have any idea about an anime where each episodes are one shots tales?
Like some of the stories goes like this,
one story had a girl who is a violinist and has a childhood friend but the childhood friend shortly leaves. Then an incident happens where the violinist house is in fire so she jumps from the window with her violin and breaks her legs?

Another story is about a grandma who tries to kill a girl

Another is of a middle school girl who loves a highchool boy to the point of learning to cook him meals
Another is of a priestess.
If anyone has an idea, can you please tell me?
I am searching for this anime everywhere but I can't remember the name.
All I can remember that it is quite old. Like the early 2000s anime era.
Amusingly, "Human Crossing" came to mind randomly to check as I avoided it based on reviews but that anthology seemed worth a quick check. When I had trouble finding all detailed episode summaries I searched for the title and violin online to try and rule it out and in the top results was a recent post asking elsewhere about this and someone else randomly shooting in the dark with Human Crossing. Haha. Assuming it was your request, I'm glad it was identified! Just leaving that here in case someone else finds the description here some day. It was "Myself; Yourself" in that case.

I've had some guesses for a few other requests here but unfortunately I don't think they are close enough so I figured I'd wait for others to pass by with more eyes. I may follow up later but am on mobile currently and wanted to reply to Okane786 since that is much more assured.
anime2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-05, 18:19   Link #12711
Okane786

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime2004 View Post
Sounds very much like a demon from Devilman (Wiki-en). Has to be The time period and specific details definitely mark it as such. I still haven't watched the newer Devilman Crybaby, else if it wasn't the 70s I'd say to double check that just in case, or something referencing Devilman. I hope that helps!
Bingo!
Yes, with your help I found a short clip of it on YouTube and that's exactly it.
This scared the bejeezus out of me when I was a kid watching it in Japan when it aired. Now I just need to find the whole episode because I was too scared to finish watching it back then
Thank you so much for helping be recall a childhood memory!
Okane786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 22:11   Link #12712
Tatsumi

Hi guys! Hope you can help me recall a anime I watched a few years ago.
The anime has beach scenes where the beach shack or cafe has a portal. or is a portal, and I kinda recall the big sister of one of the characters had a little girl who was a badass. The woman who ran the beach cafe was some kind of magic boss or something.

I thought it was chunibyo but am up to ep8 and not the same one.

arigato gozaimasu
Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-17, 22:54   Link #12713
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsumi View Post
Hi guys! Hope you can help me recall a anime I watched a few years ago.
The anime has beach scenes where the beach shack or cafe has a portal. or is a portal, and I kinda recall the big sister of one of the characters had a little girl who was a badass. The woman who ran the beach cafe was some kind of magic boss or something.

I thought it was chunibyo but am up to ep8 and not the same one.

arigato gozaimasu
The only one I can think of where a cafe had a portal is Isekai Shokudo, but I don't think it matches the rest that you said.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 16:27   Link #12714
Tenzen12

It doesn't match perfectly but Inou Battle Wa Nichijoukei No Naka De come to mind.

Hataraku Maou-sama also sort of match, but that part isn't animated yet. It's only in novel and manga.
Old 2022-01-19, 21:46   Link #12715
Tatsumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
The only one I can think of where a cafe had a portal is Isekai Shokudo, but I don't think it matches the rest that you said.
I have a feeling the plot may also have an element where they have to save the cafe/restaurant/hotel or whatever it was from closing or something.
Appreciate all the help do far guys!

now that I think of it the plot may be they have to save a characters uncles beach cafe or other business, man i hope im not anime mixing lol
Tatsumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 23:22   Link #12716
Kurohane

^ Squid Girl?
Old 2022-02-08, 12:48   Link #12717
Jonuta

Question Anyone know the title of a Dystopian-like Anime in an underground setting?

I first watched this series (one or two episodes) in the Anime Club at the college I attended. It likely has a Dystopian underground sort of setting (something similar to City of Ember). All I recall is one episode where the protagonist (a boy with white hair I believe) is walking through a labyrinth or tunnel, perhaps to pass some sort of trial, despite being injured and about to lose the will to carry on yet pushes forward.

Does anyone know what series this scene is from? So far I have not been able to find this anime, any help and/or title suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jonuta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-09, 08:37   Link #12718
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonuta View Post
I first watched this series (one or two episodes) in the Anime Club at the college I attended. It likely has a Dystopian underground sort of setting (something similar to City of Ember). All I recall is one episode where the protagonist (a boy with white hair I believe) is walking through a labyrinth or tunnel, perhaps to pass some sort of trial, despite being injured and about to lose the will to carry on yet pushes forward.

Does anyone know what series this scene is from? So far I have not been able to find this anime, any help and/or title suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!
Maybe the first episode of "Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest" (WikiEn)(2019)? The main character's hair turns white later on. It starts out with him struggling to survive in caves. Starving, pursued-by/eating monsters, power growing, random gun crafting.

Much less likely but just to include it, Danmachi? ("Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?")(WikiEn)(season1:2015) has caves/underground, and a survive-ice-cave-system later on, but likely not the perspective of the underground society or being trapped there. He does often become completely exhausted though.

There might be a few others with suggestions or that come to mind later, but there's may help others with context to narrow things if the above are not it:

Was it only the first episode or two that you saw or maybe a random episode further into a series?

Roughly how long ago and was it current season at the time, and was it on DVD/bluray, streamed (which service?), or other at the anime club?

Last edited by anime2004; 2022-02-09 at 08:50. Reason: Add dates
Old 2022-02-10, 11:49   Link #12719
aliquen

Idk if it was an anime or a manhwa

This one is barely on my mind and I guess it was an op mc isekai anime or a fantasy one but there was this scene where the mc and some of his friends goes inside a dungeon or a castle and fights off a big monster which i guess was a spider. That spider gets defeated barely with some special powers and later on transforms into its past self (a woman) who was a famous alchemist or a scientist of some sort. Also i think there was a strong pretty lady owner at the inn or a guild the mc were staying at.
The castle also had some captives of people that came before them who were later killed and their survivor friends were later asked to join with the mc which was not accepted if i recall correctly.

Last edited by aliquen; 2022-02-10 at 14:10.
aliquen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-02-11, 13:51   Link #12720
anime2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliquen View Post
This one is barely on my mind and I guess it was an op mc isekai anime or a fantasy one but there was this scene where the mc and some of his friends goes inside a dungeon or a castle and fights off a big monster which i guess was a spider. That spider gets defeated barely with some special powers and later on transforms into its past self (a woman) who was a famous alchemist or a scientist of some sort. Also i think there was a strong pretty lady owner at the inn or a guild the mc were staying at.
The castle also had some captives of people that came before them who were later killed and their survivor friends were later asked to join with the mc which was not accepted if i recall correctly.
Hi aliquen, not sure if you've found it yet but a quick online search and review suggested -

you might be looking for "Tsukimichi: Moonlit Fantasy" (WikiEn) from 2021(anime) or 2015(manga). Or maybe crossing it with something else or a later chapter.
  • The 2nd episode has a battle with a spider monster that turns into a girl after being defeated by the op mc. (Their kind are called Alkie in one translation, though she might only create food for him.) There is a guild girl later on and the mc is followed by a famous dragon that took human form after taking interest in him in episode 1. It seems like the orcs they save/relocate later build a castle, but I think the other castle involved may be many chapters into the manga. The spider emerges from an underground rock/cave formation while the orcs are working if I remember correctly, so not quite a castle in that case.

Else, down the manhua+donghua direction (I've not read it; but mentioning just in case)-

maybe "Enmusubi no Yoko-chan" (Fox Spirit matchmaker) (狐妖小红娘) Wiki(en,cn) Baidu (2017/2015-2020), which has a jorougumo character(“清瞳”,baidu)and has reincarnation and past memories themes.
  • Also known as and in association with "Hu Yao Xiao Hongniang"(狐妖小红娘). The jotougumo was a spy and not an alchemist in her past, though. But did end up transforming to full human form after being defeated and healed. The manhua might also be known as《相思树下》; Official QQ Comic link, and translated online in english elsewhere. (Spider Girl around here and here.)

I'm not sure that is it but it seemed worth mentioning in case it looked familiar.

--

When you say it was maybe a manhua, could you have read/watched it in Chinese at the time, or otherwise around how long ago might you have watched/read it?

If that's not it then just let us know. I have a friend that is a fan of Isekai that I can check with about the anime side (though less so manga/manhua) that might have some suggestions.

Last edited by anime2004; 2022-02-11 at 14:10. Reason: removed double quoting

Tags
#unknown, anime, anime figure, comedy, ecchi., fantasy, find, game, gender bender, heroes, higurashi, identification, manga, movies, quotes, search, secret, tv shows, visual novel