AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2022-04-10, 12:45   Link #19781
AP24

A scene of Mio from Vol 18 is shown in the S4 OP, so if Vol 18 will be covered then the anime will cover the LN ending?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-11, 06:14   Link #19782
Estzero1

It's clear we won't get Vol.18 in this season. I think it similiar to Rinne appearance in OP 3.
It probably hints at the flashback in Vol.14, so she will most likely have a short scene.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 00:54   Link #19783
AP24

Since Vol 13 is covered in 3 episodes, then S4 anime will end at Vol 16. If the anime covers Vol 16 then there should be a S5 covering Vol 17-20. Vol 21-22 will be skipped but the final scene will be included.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 05:55   Link #19784
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Since Vol 13 is covered in 3 episodes, then S4 anime will end at Vol 16. If the anime covers Vol 16 then there should be a S5 covering Vol 17-20. Vol 21-22 will be skipped but the final scene will be included.
Except no, probably not.
Volume 16 being adapted has been all but confirmed from a number of sources at this point but that does not mean we are definitely getting DAL V.
For one, V16's adaptation could easily be as unfaithful as V12's, or as DAB's.
For two, DAL III and DAL IV were jointly funded by Kadokawa and by Hot Games, the company behind Spirit Pledge. The reason Hot Games paid for part of it is because they needed voice actresses for Natsumi, Nia, and Mukuro. They need no further voice actresses because there aren't any - the Nibeelcole sharing Suzuko Mimori with Maria and Marina was implied by Tachibana ages ago- and they will be appearing in DAL IV anyway, Mio shares Aya Endoh with Reine in Rinne Utopia, Ren Dystopia and DAL III (and the french cast list shows the same is true there) and Beast is just Tohka, so would share Marina Inoue. Hot Games have no need to funnel funds into the anime any further when they're alrerady struggling right now.

Of course, it's always possible that Kadokawa decide to fund it themselves...but they didn't feel the need beyond Mayuri Judgment, and the Light Novels are over, so there's nothing to advertise - Encore 11 will be out before DAL IV finishes. It's certainly possible that we get DAL V, but it's unlikely. DAL IV can just end on a cliffhanger, or else just alter the source material, like V12 and DAB did (DAB, of course, being by the same studio as DAL IV, also funded by Hot Games, and similarly shafted because all they wanted was VAs for Hibiki, Tsuan, and Queen).
And of course, if they did do DAL V, there is nothing stopping them from also adapting V21 and V22 - claiming they will definitely do V17-V20 and will definitely skip V21-V22 is ridiculous. No they weren't originally planned, but a lot of things weren't, and Tachibana likes them; V20 also wasn't meant to have existed, so if we're cutting V21 and V22, it makes more sense to cut V20 and have an anime original ending occur after Mio's death in V19.

...unless I read your tone wrong, and this is you saying what you want to happen, subjectively, rather than what you think actually will happen...in which case, I strongly disagree with it, but hey, go off King, you do you.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 10:17   Link #19785
tuckersister

The last two volumes would be made in movies. Vol 21 would be Part 1 and Vol 22 would be Part II.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 14:12   Link #19786
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
The last two volumes would be made in movies. Vol 21 would be Part 1 and Vol 22 would be Part II.
Date A Live isn’t remotely popular enough for that, unfortunately - unless each movie was half an hour in length, like with Date A Bullet.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2022-04-26, 10:43   Link #19787
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Encore 11 is slated for May 20th. According to the headline for the volume, it will be about the cast’s “brilliant future.”

It says they’re keeping the cover illustration under wraps but guess whose illustration they show in the tweet:

https://twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/s...e-anime.com%2F

Could my theory about Mio being reborn as Shidou’s daughter be happening?…………..or there’s just a side story about Shinji and Mio with some other SS’s such as Kannazuki and Tama’s wedding.
Old 2022-04-27, 04:47   Link #19788
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Encore 11 is slated for May 20th. According to the headline for the volume, it will be about the cast’s “brilliant future.”

It says they’re keeping the cover illustration under wraps but guess whose illustration they show in the tweet:

https://twitter.com/fantasia_bunko/s...e-anime.com%2F

Could my theory about Mio being reborn as Shidou’s daughter be happening?…………..or there’s just a side story about Shinji and Mio with some other SS’s such as Kannazuki and Tama’s wedding.
Great as it'd be, probably not happening, no.
The SSs are Natsumi President, Yamai Triad, Tohka Graduation, Spirit Wedding, and what seems to be a new one about Mio and Shinji. All except the last one have been translated already.

Letting Go
Old 2022-04-28, 05:03   Link #19789
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Nendoroid Spirit Origami coming in October, and Mukuro and Calligraphy Beauty Kurumi figures coming in November.

https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139196
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139644
https://www.amiami.com/eng/detail/?gcode=FIGURE-139627
Old 2022-04-28, 09:32   Link #19790
Anime-Oppai-Lover
Oppai Queen

Dark Rose Princess called it

Spoiler for DAL Encore 11 cover:

Last edited by Anime-Oppai-Lover; 2022-04-28 at 19:16. Reason: Visibility issues
Anime-Oppai-Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-30, 16:51   Link #19791
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Great as it'd be, probably not happening, no.
The SSs are Natsumi President, Yamai Triad, Tohka Graduation, Spirit Wedding, and what seems to be a new one about Mio and Shinji. All except the last one have been translated already.
Is Shidou and Shinji going to marry Tohka (Beast) and Mio or has this already happened? Also is Tenka still part of Tohka (Beast) beyond the end of the LN with Encore still going?
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-30, 19:35   Link #19792
Seeker213
Kamen Rider Exceed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
Is Shidou and Shinji going to marry Tohka (Beast) and Mio or has this already happened? Also is Tenka still part of Tohka (Beast) beyond the end of the LN with Encore still going?
Spirits are daydreaming about there married life with Shidou
Old 2022-05-01, 04:10   Link #19793
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kouta6659 View Post
You’re more than a little confused, I think.
Beast went back to her world at the end of V22, and the Tohka we’ve had since V1 was revived. So if Shido were marrying anyone, it would be normal Tohka, not Beast.
As for Tenka, Beast does still have Tenka, yes. As for the Tohka that revived - our Tohka - we’ve no idea, that hasn’t been touched upon. I’d imagine so, though.

The Encores also aren’t ongoing, realistically. This is probably the last Encore, unless there’s one more to quickly throw together the last couple of short stories released but not compiled yet.

And as is said above, Spirit Wedding is about the Spirits daydreaming about being married to Shido while attending Kannazuki and Tamae’s wedding.

Letting Go
Old 2022-05-07, 17:19   Link #19794
Kouta6659
Path To The Goddess

Quote:
You’re more than a little confused, I think.
Beast went back to her world at the end of V22, and the Tohka we’ve had since V1 was revived. So if Shido were marrying anyone, it would be normal Tohka, not Beast.
As for Tenka, Beast does still have Tenka, yes. As for the Tohka that revived - our Tohka - we’ve no idea, that hasn’t been touched upon. I’d imagine so, though.

The Encores also aren’t ongoing, realistically. This is probably the last Encore, unless there’s one more to quickly throw together the last couple of short stories released but not compiled yet.

And as is said above, Spirit Wedding is about the Spirits daydreaming about being married to Shido while attending Kannazuki and Tamae’s wedding.
Not confused, just haven't been caught up in awhile except grabbing tidbits here and there. Thanks for informing me correctly on what's going on. And what I meant by 'on going' is ongoing till the final volume is out.
Kouta6659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 04:51   Link #19795
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
They all still love him... Wish Shido would give them all what they want.
AndrewR5D4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 17:07   Link #19796
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
They all still love him... Wish Shido would give them all what they want.
A true harem end is off the table now because he’s utterly rejected Kotori.

Letting Go
Old 2022-05-10, 17:34   Link #19797
BCMan5388

Quote:
A true harem end is off the table now because he’s utterly rejected Kotori.
Rejecting the adoptive sister as a girlfriend =/= True harem off the table.

There are still others.
BCMan5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 18:03   Link #19798
AndrewR5D4

Nia isn't as attached to Shido as the others. I'd say some of them could be left out and it would still be a good harem ending.
Old 2022-05-11, 05:26   Link #19799
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Nia isn't as attached to Shido as the others. I'd say some of them could be left out and it would still be a good harem ending.
I’d easily say the same of Natsumi as well, given her attachment to/interest in Yoshino in the books and later, Kanon in the short stories.
Mukuro also self-admittedly comes to see him as more of an older brother than a love interest after her arc as well - which works out well, because Shido consistently sees the younger quartet of Yoshino, Kotori, Natsumi, and Mukuro more as ‘little sister-adjacent’ than as love interests.

That leaves Origami, Tohka, and Miku (still pursuing him by the end), Yoshino (wants to still pursue him but Shido’s rather unreceptive), Kaguya and Yuzuru (who…don’t really make it clear what’s going on with them), and Kurumi, who is in interesting case, because while she does admit she is still attracted to Shido (both romantically and sexually), she makes it clear that her number one priority is reviving Sawa somehow, and the final books and short stories make it clear that Shido doesn’t see Kurumi very often because of her single-minded pursuit of this goal. Her feelings for Sawa are also made out to be the same in nature as Shido’s for Tohka, so at the very least, we have our third bi spirit - although pretty much all of them have strong Yuri moments in the short stories.

Letting Go
Old 2022-05-11, 06:15   Link #19800
AndrewR5D4

Quote:
I’d easily say the same of Natsumi as well, given her attachment to/interest in Yoshino in the books and later, Kanon in the short stories.
Mukuro also self-admittedly comes to see him as more of an older brother than a love interest after her arc as well - which works out well, because Shido consistently sees the younger quartet of Yoshino, Kotori, Natsumi, and Mukuro more as ‘little sister-adjacent’ than as love interests.

That leaves Origami, Tohka, and Miku (still pursuing him by the end), Yoshino (wants to still pursue him but Shido’s rather unreceptive), Kaguya and Yuzuru (who…don’t really make it clear what’s going on with them), and Kurumi, who is in interesting case, because while she does admit she is still attracted to Shido (both romantically and sexually), she makes it clear that her number one priority is reviving Sawa somehow, and the final books and short stories make it clear that Shido doesn’t see Kurumi very often because of her single-minded pursuit of this goal. Her feelings for Sawa are also made out to be the same in nature as Shido’s for Tohka, so at the very least, we have our third bi spirit - although pretty much all of them have strong Yuri moments in the short stories.
Tohka is main girl, enough said! She's clearly the most special to him.

Kurumi's loner nature is a little sad, and her impossible goal as well, but I'm confident she's among the remaining contenders for Shido. Personally, I don't think there's any other romantic options for her considering only he understands everything she's been through and would be able to accept every part of her.

Origami will never give up, especially since her original stalker personality is still around, and there's literally two souls inside her who are madly in love with Shido. Too much of her life and BOTH iterations of her past are centered around her bond with Shido. Along with Kurumi and Tohka, I'd say she's definitely among the top 3 most affected by his kindness.

I admire Yoshino's determination, but unfortunately the previous trio have outdone her in every category except kindness.

Kaguya and Yuzuru are WAY too competitive to give up as long as most of the others don't.

Miku's super clingy, but she loves everyone else just as much as Shido himself. Not sure if this is unhealthy, or if this makes her the glue that could make this harem work out. Unfortunately, the other girls dislike her behavior.

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy