AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-15, 01:33   Link #22281
Knightrunner

I didn't say she would forget that event because most people do not do the forgive and forget thing. A person can forgive somebody but not forget. She even replied to Tamaki in a jokingly matter when she could of snub them off then.

Sorry but I do not see Ougi as a prime minister figure. Once he makes a decision the United States of Japan economy will go down the toilet unless somebody advices him.
Knightrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 01:46   Link #22282
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I didn't say she would forget that event because most people do not do the forgive and forget thing. A person can forgive somebody but not forget. She even replied to Tamaki in a jokingly matter when she could of snub them off then.
It was the middle of the battle. War isn't a very good time to alienate your allies.
Old 2009-12-15, 01:55   Link #22283
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
That isn't tearing up. In fact, the pose is lifted from an entirely different picture as I recall.
Yup, you're right about that. It's from a picture that is far older than the second season itself. October 2007 to be precise.

Old 2009-12-15, 01:55   Link #22284
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It was the middle of the battle. War isn't a very good time to alienate your allies.
I guess you have a point here but there is a difference between being too friendly compared to alienation. Kallen sure kept a good composure after the shooting event.
Old 2009-12-15, 02:11   Link #22285
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Its possible that Kallen thought them to be in the right after Lelouch pulled his epic democracy stunt at Ashford, you know.
Old 2009-12-15, 02:18   Link #22286
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Its possible that Kallen thought them to be in the right after Lelouch pulled his epic democracy stunt at Ashford, you know.
True, but it doesn't change the fact that they used her as shooting bait for there own agenda. For somebody that is in that situation she sure kept good composure and it seems like to me she forgiven them especially after teh Ashford academy stunt.
Old 2009-12-15, 02:36   Link #22287
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Or she just felt there were better things to do at the time than hold a past grudge over their heads. She can chew them out later. Other things need to be done.
Old 2009-12-15, 02:45   Link #22288
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

She probably forgave them. People need to remember that forgiveness is beneficial to the one who does the forgiving, not the people who are forgiven.
Old 2009-12-15, 02:55   Link #22289
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
Yup, you're right about that. It's from a picture that is far older than the second season itself. October 2007 to be precise.

Thanks for taking the time to find those pictures.
Old 2009-12-15, 03:25   Link #22290
Meatrose
Antihero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
Thanks for taking the time to find those pictures.
No problem. =)
Old 2009-12-15, 05:27   Link #22291
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
pre zero-requiem kallen would be hard pressed to defend her position and condemn their actions, since they appeared to be absolutely right
lelouch DID say to their faces that he had used them (and her) as pawns from the start
and she was not completely certain on the whole "live on" part, which is why she tried to confront him on both kaminejima and ashford

after he kick started the first stage of zero-requiem, she obviously couldn't complain about their actions, since they were "proven" to be right

and after it was over...
part of the idea behind zero-requiem was to basicly erase the past in order to allow people to move on with their lives towards a better future.
focusing everyone's hate on lelouch was, in a way, lelouch's way of taking the blame for everything, in order for them to move on past their grudges, crimes and mistakes.
Kallen embracing that mentality towards the black knights, when she knows thats what Lelouch would have wanted, is not so strange

does that make ougi a karma hudini ?
yes
but thats kinda the point
Old 2009-12-15, 09:36   Link #22292
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post

I find it awesome how Code Geass pics can still be interesting after 2 years.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 10:43   Link #22293
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
I find it awesome how Code Geass pics can still be interesting after 2 years.
That's because they're awesome pics. One certain blonde dude ruins the first picture a bit for me though.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 10:45   Link #22294
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
That's because they're awesome pics. One certain blonde dude ruins the first picture a bit for me though.
Yeah well, pretty much everything he touches or is a part of turns to fail, am I right? In fact, that may be the whole reason R2 sucked in the first place
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 11:04   Link #22295
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah well, pretty much everything he touches or is a part of turns to fail, am I right? In fact, that may be the whole reason R2 sucked in the first place
You might be right about that.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 11:05   Link #22296
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
However, before to create more mistakes, Kallen is the head of the family, Lelouch is just the..."wise adviser", etc...
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 11:46   Link #22297
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

The whole using Kallen as bait was very Britannian-like of Ougi and co. I'm suprised nobody picked up on that and pointed out the hypocrisy in their actions. But then with a combined IQ for <100 you can't expect more from those morons.
Old 2009-12-15, 11:49   Link #22298
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
The black knight are characterized like morons, in fact I used it on the comic and they lost the face in front to the entire world, and for a joke of the destiny, Kallen passed to the side of Emperor Lelouch is a sort of heroine.

About the original anime, there're tons of holes without a motivation or a explanation, the walls know it too by now.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-15, 12:02   Link #22299
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
they acted out of fear at finding out that the leader who preached about how they shouldn't attack civilians or that the strong should not oppress the weak turned out to be some kind of monster who murders women and children and even his own people

they over-reacted in HOW they did it (and using kallen is unforgivable)
but considering that the first thing ANYONE who finds out about someone having mind control powers seems to be "did he use it on me"
its not all that far fetched
Old 2009-12-15, 13:03   Link #22300
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
they acted out of fear at finding out that the leader who preached about how they shouldn't attack civilians or that the strong should not oppress the weak turned out to be some kind of monster who murders women and children and even his own people

they over-reacted in HOW they did it (and using kallen is unforgivable)
but considering that the first thing ANYONE who finds out about someone having mind control powers seems to be "did he use it on me"
its not all that far fetched
Every single piece of Schneizel's evidence falls apart under the most casual of cross examination (i.e. Tamaki) to the point that Schneizel couldn't actually prove anything without Ohgi being a sellout and Lelouch's "confession." The only 'hard' evidence that the BK had was the Directorate massacre, and that didn't even come up at the meeting.

That the BK would even listen to Schneizel at all is idiotic beyond all sense.

@Revolutionist: If we want to get technical, Ohgi may very well have caused the Black Rebellion to fail as well. He left his post to go see Viletta, (lying to a subordinate and friend's face in the process) and her wounding him put the base in chaos, pulling the guards away from the clubhouse, letting the Student Council run away and leaving Nunally to be grabbed by V.V. V.V. may have gotten to her anyway, but he would have had to get through the BK's defenses and if they weren't in a panic, they might have been able to respond better.
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote