AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-05-25, 23:16   Link #7281
Freeter
beyond

"I think I'm in love with her..." Even Yamato wasn't this pathetic.

Incoming phone cockblock in 5, 4, 3, 2....
Old 2011-05-26, 02:37   Link #7282
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post
Incoming phone cockblock in 5, 4, 3, 2....
Oh, look at Seo, bringing out the most classic of all cockblocks

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 03:55   Link #7283
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
"I think I'm in love with her..." Even Yamato wasn't this pathetic.
Excuse me?

Yamato was completely 100% hardwired. Suzuka consistently treated him like dirt, and he came back to ask for more abuse, while he had goddess-like alternatives who _truly_ cared for him. Compared to that, Yamato at least has a trace of free will.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 04:04   Link #7284
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Excuse me?

Yamato was completely 100% hardwired. Suzuka consistently treated him like dirt, and he came back to ask for more abuse, while he had goddess-like alternatives who _truly_ cared for him. Compared to that, Yamato at least has a trace of free will.
No, Yamato was seriously considering Honoka again after he broke up with Suzuka. Honoka just shut him down by telling him she had a boyfriend.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 04:14   Link #7285
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No, Yamato was seriously considering Honoka again after he broke up with Suzuka. Honoka just shut him down by telling him she had a boyfriend.
That's not what happened. He was with Honoka for a year, and Yamato didn't make a move to solidify their relationship. She even prompted him by asking him outright, and he didn't move. Then after that, she said that someone at work confessed to her, and she once more asked him what she should do, and he choked AGAIN. Only then did Honoka move on.

Sorry. If he had a tenth of the conviction with Honoka that he had with Suzuka, it never would have happened like this.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 08:55   Link #7286
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
Don't dis GE man, I haven't found one serious problem with that manga, it's been amazing since the beginning and nothing is unnaturally forced.
I think I've said this before, but: nothing against GE - it's a nice manga and all - but those puppy eyes in GE are a royal pain in the ass. Especially on the protagonist Seo may not be able to pull off the story I want from him, but leave it to him, the man can draw!
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 11:15   Link #7287
Freeter
beyond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Excuse me?
Yamato did care for Honoka to some degree when they were going out. He may not have been totally committed, but at least he never harbored such a half-assed thought in his head. Haruto's been with Asuka for two whole years, and that's the best he can come up with when reflecting on their relationship? Truly pitiful.

Yamato may be dirt, but Haruto is definitely the rotted manure that's been left out in the sun for too long.
Old 2011-05-26, 11:35   Link #7288
oDin01

I wouldn't exactly call Haruto scum. From the beginning the whole Haruto and Asuka relationship was built on the loss of a friend and them needing each other. Two years have past and their relationship has been the same since the start, there is zero intimacy and is more of a friendship relationship. Like Rin said previously Haruto could of had Nanami or Akari but Asuka was there because of convenience. Yeah you can blame Haruto but Asuka needs to share the blame as well. I would have been against Haruto getting back together with Yuzuki before but right now Haruto needs to follow his heart and it's with Yuzuki.

I like the comparisons with Haruto and Yamato. Both characters have major flaws while showing qualities that make him a good male lead in a harem manga. All I can say is at least Yamato had the balls to shove Honoka down while Haruto wants to cook for his best friend who just stole his girlfriend.
oDin01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 13:11   Link #7289
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Yamato did care for Honoka to some degree when they were going out. He may not have been totally committed, but at least he never harbored such a half-assed thought in his head. Haruto's been with Asuka for two whole years, and that's the best he can come up with when reflecting on their relationship? Truly pitiful.

Yamato may be dirt, but Haruto is definitely the rotted manure that's been left out in the sun for too long.
It also doesn't help that Seo gave Asuka almost no "events" together with Haruto. At least something happened with Honoka, despite not being the main girl.

If Haruto needed someone to help him bounce back from his breakup with Yuzuki, I don't understand why Seo didn't choose Nanami. At least there was something happening between her and Haruto. Since Asuka's random confession, she has done nothing together with Haruto.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 13:34   Link #7290
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
It also doesn't help that Seo gave Asuka almost no "events" together with Haruto. At least something happened with Honoka, despite not being the main girl.

If Haruto needed someone to help him bounce back from his breakup with Yuzuki, I don't understand why Seo didn't choose Nanami. At least there was something happening between her and Haruto. Since Asuka's random confession, she has done nothing together with Haruto.
This!!

was very disappointed to see how NOTHING developed with nanami. I cant recall how many chapters ago it was, but she did confess to Haruto and say that she would wait for his response (although not forever).

Seeing as Nanami was his first "love," it is a shame that Seo did not do a single thing to pursue a route with her since then.

I do like Asuka, but the lack of development between them is not only disappointing, but almost TOO indicative of the fact that Yuzuki will be chosen at the end.

Maybe, I am just hoping for an "Ichigo 100%" sort of pairing(wont spoil anything beyond that :P).
User68604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 15:27   Link #7291
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I smell something abrewing drama here we come. Iv been waiting for the shit to hit the fan Seo just needs to plug the damn thing in and hit the on button.

Oh man if something does happen between haru-tard and Eba i can see the rest of the girls in the group probably not treating Haruto so well.
Old 2011-05-26, 15:31   Link #7292
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I smell something abrewing drama here we come. Iv been waiting for the shit to hit the fan Seo just needs to plug the damn thing in and hit the on button.

Oh man if something does happen between haru-tard and Eba i can see the rest of the girls in the group probably not treating Haruto so well.
The 'Yamato move' is coming.
Old 2011-05-26, 17:15   Link #7293
cmgmcmg
Friendly friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
I think I've said this before, but: nothing against GE - it's a nice manga and all - but those puppy eyes in GE are a royal pain in the ass. Especially on the protagonist Seo may not be able to pull off the story I want from him, but leave it to him, the man can draw!
Very true, yuki looks amazing but they all seem similar with the eyes, and it makes all the men look... just weird.

As of chapter 136, I'm feeling a School Days ending

You think you can swing the bat? Show your bling and let me shine you!

Let's Dance!" - Dimitri
cmgmcmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-26, 17:19   Link #7294
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgmcmg View Post
, I'm feeling a School Days ending
please dont get my hopes up like that, plz
Old 2011-05-26, 18:58   Link #7295
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
The 'Yamato move' is coming.
That would be horrible.... so, so horrible.
Old 2011-05-26, 20:25   Link #7296
Dorsai

Quote:
Seeing as Nanami was his first "love," it is a shame that Seo did not do a single thing to pursue a route with her since then.
It doesnt matters what you want... Who cares about it? In reallity this route havent chance to develop with Eba around... And even without Eba it havent chance too (try to think why...). Any change in route with Nanami would just destroy storyline...
Dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 11:49   Link #7297
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
It doesnt matters what you want... Who cares about it? In reallity this route havent chance to develop with Eba around... And even without Eba it havent chance too (try to think why...).
I care. Hahaha. (I really don't understand some of your words.)

Quote:
Any change in route with Nanami would just destroy storyline...
Not really. With a good author and story-teller, it could make things interesting. Too bad we have Seo as a storyteller.
Old 2011-05-27, 12:02   Link #7298
User68604
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorsai View Post
It doesnt matters what you want... Who cares about it? In reallity this route havent chance to develop with Eba around... And even without Eba it havent chance too (try to think why...). Any change in route with Nanami would just destroy storyline...
Actually, it is pretty common for mangaka to change the course of their series (e.g. a long on-going series) based on their reader's opinions and polls. So, you are wrong in that regard.

But of course, it is Seo, and it appears to already have a set direction in which he wants to go.
Old 2011-05-27, 12:58   Link #7299
justavisitor

and from the spoiler of 137, Kazama should be quite happy that he is already dead so he doesn't have to see this drama between Haruto and Eba....XD

and it seems likes the similarity between Suzuka and this manga is that the main hero, for some reason, enjoys the abuse from the main heroine and he would request even more abuse from the main girl ...and both of them (Yamato and Haruto) try to "save" the main girl from whatever dark history that cloud her mind...but I like Yamato and Suzuka much more..at least Suzuka really has a tragic past

I don't know what to say about Eba, but compare to Suzuka, what Eba experienced is...not that tragic??
I am a Ranka fan and I have significant experience in defending various "crimes" committed by Ranka, from her evil plan to terminate human races, to feeding inapporiate food to unknown lifeforms. If you think you find "new" charges aginst Ranka and you are interested, or you care to see how a particular Ranka fan would respond, please feel free to check my previous comment. There is a good chance that I have answered a similiar issue. And of course, my viewpoints do not necessarily represent other perspectivs from numerous Ranka fans in this planet
justavisitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-27, 13:54   Link #7300
jzmagic
flargansbog

Spoiler for 137:
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a town where you rage, adult romance, drama, ecchi, logic doesn't apply, manga, nice christmas gift seo, power ups, romance, seo kouji, shounen, slice of life