AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-13, 20:58   Link #541
Dextro
He Without a Title

Just saw the first episode and I'm leaving my bet here right now: this will turn out to be set before the original show and will involve time travel. It's either that or a parallel universe and for some reason I don't think that's the route they're going to take here. Call it a hunch.
Old 2012-04-13, 21:10   Link #542
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

As for whether Satou Dai 佐藤大 is writing here under a pseudonym, I don't know. But the writing is credited to the top writer Aikawa Shou 會川 昇 and to "武良翔人" (which might be pronounced Takenaga Kakuto, but there are several possibilities). This show is the only show I can find that has 武良翔人 on staff. He is mentioned in no other context anywhere. So the name probably is an alias for someone. Aikawa-san himself apparently wrote Simoun under the pseudonym Oyamada Fuukyoushi 小山田風狂子.

And by the way, there's nothing wrong with Naru. Keep her front and center, please.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 21:56   Link #543
Jokun

So anybody have any I idea if this a prequel, a sequel, a remake or a completely different story?

If I remember right LFO technology is nonexistent without the presence of the scrub coral. So why would it exist in this story setup in a near future yet contemporary Earth?
Jokun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:30   Link #544
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangerMouse View Post
Based on how he phrased everything I'm guessing he meant that it "felt" like Dai Sato's writing in the first ep since it felt like the original Eureka Seven's writing.

I wonder if we'll ever find out.
It's technically speculation, but it's either Satou or the best mimic they could find. When all of Satou's little quirks are all over the series from the first episode, it's a pretty safe assumption that it's him.

The big key is that all of his character names are very specific. We've already got "Han Juno" and "Fleur Blanc" for listed characters. (So Han Solo & White Flower) Gazelle is the leader of a transport group. The references for the others will take a little time to figure out, but they're all going to have them.

Which leads to the point that the pen name being used for the Series Composition will have some wacky meaning. Figuring out that wordplay will tell us who it is. This is especially important because the biggest criticism going into the movie was Satou not being involved (and it definitely showed). Then, for this sequel, they never commented on the writing staff until the last minute. The most direct conclusion is that they're trolling us with a joke.

The final tell will be when we get a rumination on the meaning of some philosophical concept. Likely "Death" next episode.

So, yes, it's just speculation that Satou is doing series composition. I actually figured, since they weren't releasing any writing staff information before hand that he wasn't going to be involved. (Which was sending up the "this isn't going to be good!" flag) After listening to Ao & Naru's dialogue, I'm pretty sold that its him. Especially since Ao is roughly ep 45 Renton from the outside. Or it's one of the best mimic jobs we've seen in a while.

Now, bring on the episode that's actually an overt commentary on a 19th century French philosopher!
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 22:41   Link #545
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I don't dispute the possibility, but sans any kind of source this isn't even a rumor - just an educated guess. Your logic is fine, but I need more.

Why would you think BONES would troll the audience with this? If Satou's involvement would ensure stronger fan interest, why hide it?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-13, 23:07   Link #546
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokun View Post
So anybody have any I idea if this a prequel, a sequel, a remake or a completely different story?

If I remember right LFO technology is nonexistent without the presence of the scrub coral. So why would it exist in this story setup in a near future yet contemporary Earth?
Well this is only half speculation but form what I understand E7:AO is indeed a sequel to the first anime given that the date at the start if season one was 2005 and in season to it's 2025. Hopefully as the anime goes on we'll be getting bits and pieces of info on how things came to be has they are now.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:01   Link #547
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
i just hope that Ao doesn't pull a Ginga Bishounen on us
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 02:19   Link #548
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Count me among those who enjoyed the first episode. It was tremendously better than its manga counterpart. It did feel like an Eureka Seven episode. Right now I can only hope they'll keep the good work up.
Old 2012-04-14, 02:20   Link #549
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Yay the back of MILF Eureka
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 08:47   Link #550
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Well heck.

Spoiler for Size:
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:13   Link #551
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
did Renton leave poor Eureka raising Ao alone?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 10:17   Link #552
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
did Renton leave poor Eureka raising Ao alone?
You want a manga spoiler? Don't know what the point of asking this fight after the first episode otherwise.
Old 2012-04-14, 13:06   Link #553
ReddyRedWolf

While there is the question of the whereabouts of Renton and Eureka I wonder when Ao will meet his adopted siblings.

Also he'll probably meet Holland and Talho's kid too.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 13:18   Link #554
lann

I have a feeling we have already met Holland and Talho's child. hes probably that guy that crashed his car on the beach. This is just a guess though.

Whatever happened to Eurekas wings?
Old 2012-04-14, 14:13   Link #555
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I haven't watched the first episode yet so I was just wondering about something: Is it possible to understand what's happening in this show if you haven't watched the original series?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 14:30   Link #556
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I haven't watched the first episode yet so I was just wondering about something: Is it possible to understand what's happening in this show if you haven't watched the original series?
As for now - even those who watched the original series have many questions But it would be better to watch the original anyway, imo
Old 2012-04-14, 17:29   Link #557
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
From the first episode I can already tell you that it will help to have seen the original since terms like "Scub Coral" are already being thrown around without explaining them to new viewers. The original is also a pretty good show even if it is clearly flawed.
Old 2012-04-14, 17:34   Link #558
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
You've failed to comprehend her character as well, I'm afraid to tell you.
Oh, I'm well aware of the standard line concerning her growth, and what she symbolized. I just think it's baloney. I think any in-depth analysis of that, laced with the appropriate cynicism and references to tvtropes should best belong in the original Eureka Seven thread though.

But, seriously. I promise not to bring up the first series again; at least not directly, other than to say I enjoyed the heck out of it-in spite of the two headliners, not because of them. Orion has already pointed out some spots of cynicism towards our leads this time around, and while I mostly agree, I find it a little more forgiving-so far. It's possible my feelings change as time goes on, because of tolerance levels, etc.

If AO has a mostly stellar supporting cast again, then I'm all in-it's what made the first series so great. Hell, it could do all sorts of wrong, and just the suspense of trying to piece together how Renton and Eureka got it on, had a child, and then pulled a disappearing act on him after what had been done to Renton is actually more than enough to keep me glued to the screen waiting for each new episode, regardless of what the actual plot of this series is.

An omake of Renton and Eureka's err...'first night' would be hilarious as well, me thinks.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-14, 20:56   Link #559
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Well heck.

Spoiler for Size:
Interesting similarity, nice catch
Old 2012-04-14, 21:40   Link #560
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Unlike a couple of other people who have answered, I don't think it's necessary. I had entirely forgotten what "scub coral" was, but they got across enough in ep1 that it didn't slow me down at all. So far at least, it is definitely possible to understand enough of what's going on without having seen the previous show. You might miss some richness, but there's enough richness there anyway.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, mecha, romance, science fiction, shounen