AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-08, 15:56   Link #1901
duckroll
綺羅星★!

The new season will be known as the "New Cloth Arc", and they're bringing on new staff to give the show a fresh new style. They also redesigned the Clothes for the returning characters, and it seems it's tied to a return of the Cloth Box concept rather than Cloth Stones.

I guess Toei is just admitting that SSO is a terrible failure and they're trying to salvage it by pandering more to the original fans now?
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:05   Link #1902
cyoti

By bringing back Steel Saints?

Hint: nobody liked them.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:06   Link #1903
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckroll View Post
I guess Toei is just admitting that SSO is a terrible failure and they're trying to salvage it by pandering more to the original fans now?

I'm not sure. Going by those designs, I think the series is going to have a more tweener feel to it now. They'll probably target the Yugioh/Beyblade crowd this time.
Old 2013-03-08, 16:12   Link #1904
duckroll
綺羅星★!

I don't think Toei is sure either. Everything about SSO from the start has been kinda odd and it never really felt that well thought out. This new season is no different. Subaru looks like a Gobot to me. Lol.
duckroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:13   Link #1905
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The cloths look more like armor now but god, those giant crytals all over them are awful. They're way too overdesigned too. It's going to be a pain to draw for the animators.

Subaru's cloth looks fucking horrible as expected. Why did they bring the Steel saints? WHY?

Seiyuus:

Subaru: Mizushima Yu (previously played Misty, Sid and Bud)
Pallas: Tsuru Hiromi (Bulma in Dragon ball, also played June and Tethys)
Titan: Takemoto Eiji (Kumojacky in Heartcatch precure, Mirfak in Omega)

Quote:
If that's the case, they're already failing. My interest in waning, especially with Umakoshi gone.
Old 2013-03-08, 16:16   Link #1906
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I'm not sure. Going by those designs, I think the series is going to have a more tweener feel to it now. They'll probably target the Yugioh/Beyblade crowd this time.
Then why get the director and writer from precure? The only shonen type show I think they did together was Beet the Vandel Buster.
cyoti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:16   Link #1907
Uribatake

Quote:
I don't think Omega would be getting a second year if it was a terrible failure, but I agree that the new character and Cloth designs look a lot closer to Araki and Himeno's work on the original series. Keiichi Ichikawa worked with both of them on Ring ni Kakero, so Toei might have hired him in order to attract older fans with a new look that harkens back to the first TV series.
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 16:36   Link #1908
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoti View Post
Then why get the director and writer from precure? The only shonen type show I think they did together was Beet the Vandel Buster.
Well, Beet the Vandel Buster is sort of like those kids show I'm talking about. Subaru's even younger than the other saints, most likely to match the new, younger target audience. Palace looks pretty young too.
Old 2013-03-08, 18:21   Link #1909
Ozuma

Goddammit, why...WHY did they bring back the Steel Saints. For petes sake they were the most awful part of the Saint Seiya original anime. This is Saint Seiya not Beyblade , NOR Yu-gi-oh!
Ozuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 18:48   Link #1910
ShiroiRyu

Titan and Pallas.
OH.
MY.
GOD.
THEY ARE BEAUTIFUL !
And Pallas is subbed by the voice of Yubel from YGO GX !
Old 2013-03-08, 19:05   Link #1911
xellos2099

Don't the green hair dude look like a new color hair Kanon/Saga?
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:28   Link #1912
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

This is worrying. I've enjoyed Saint Seiya Omega a lot (despite the current arc dragging on somewhat) but now they're changing the entire staff and may well be targeted at a younger audience. Still, some of the new staff have worked on things like Heartcatch Precure, which has an excellent reputation, so the series may be in safe hands.

...But Subaru does not look like a promising character. I suppose we'll have to wait and see if he'll be as bad as he looks. Some of the characters look a bit silly with those gems. Poor Ryuho.
GoldenLand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:45   Link #1913
belxebu

Subaru is there because they needed a NEW Kiki in the series, in other words, an annoying child in the group just like in the original, but instead of using a kid without cloth they gave him a Steel Cloth
belxebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 19:53   Link #1914
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by belxebu View Post
Subaru is there because they needed a NEW Kiki in the series
I don't think so. He looks like the new protagonist for the season (think Subaru from Nanoha Strikers), not a sidekick character.
Old 2013-03-08, 20:37   Link #1915
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm...nice Bronze Cloths. I do prefer this then the plastic-y Bronze Cloths in the first season. And Subaru’s cloth and character design is what you can expect out of a Steel Saint. I guess Bandai will be overjoyed by this since the characters and the Cloths can be made into toys now.
Old 2013-03-08, 20:48   Link #1916
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mmmm... those new designs

They are kind of good but there is something really weird. I mean, there are too many colors and for some reason Koga's Cloth has less protection. The Steel Saint seems like a rejected character from the 80s so I would like him to stay out cos he doesn't fit. I mean 70% of his character is blue.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-08, 21:00   Link #1917
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what disappointed me the most from the new designs? The new cloth covers-up Yuna’s legs more than the previous cloth .
Old 2013-03-09, 03:38   Link #1918
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
Wow, I really didn't expect so many staff changes. As I said, I think Nagamine is a fine director, but I'm bummed about Umakoshi getting replaced, although Ichikawa did a pretty good job on episode 46.
Keichi Ichikawa eventually replaced Shingo Araki as character designer/chief AD in Ring ni Kakero, and also judging by his Omega episode (46) i think we can expect a pretty solid work from him. I'm just glad it's not the awful Yoshitaka.

Quote:
The new season will be known as the "New Cloth Arc", and they're bringing on new staff to give the show a fresh new style. They also redesigned the Clothes for the returning characters, and it seems it's tied to a return of the Cloth Box concept rather than Cloth Stones.

Quite the opposite. If something's a failure, you don't make a new season, you cancel it earlier.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 07:34   Link #1919
Tetsu Aero

Nah, they are admitting to the negative critique.
Wonder if it it will have any affect on the show's ratings though

The kids will Love the new armors
Tetsu Aero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 07:57   Link #1920
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetsu Aero View Post
Nah, they are admitting to the negative critique.
Wonder if it it will have any affect on the show's ratings though

The kids will Love the new armors
I don't think fans are dumb enough to hate a show based on the look.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen