AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-08-18, 09:47   Link #61
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Yeah but those were described as small oni.
Old 2018-08-18, 11:51   Link #62
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
DxD myth=/=original myth.

Original myth: Shemhazai is listed as the leader of Grigori.

DxD myth: Azazel is listed as the leader of Grigori.

Original myth: Apophis is a giant snake.

DxD myth: Apophis is a dragon.

I'm not doubting whether the original is god-class or not but you guys are making Second god-class when you basically have no evidence.

Wouldn't Second be a Super Devil by that logic then?
Isn't Shemhazai the leader of Grigori now? And Apophis is a serpent dragon in DxD. Try again.

Anyway, a youkai in the peerage sounds good.
Old 2018-08-18, 19:35   Link #63
Lucidrago

@Osman In the original texts, Shemhazai is listed as the leader of Grigori. In High School DxD, in the texts Azazel is listed as the leader of the Grigori.

Apophis is a dragon in DxD. A serpentine dragon, but nonetheless still a dragon, not a snake. There's a difference between snakes and dragons.

What I was getting at is that the way the texts are written in DxD are not the same as the original myths are in our world.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 08:41   Link #64
TommyG

@Lucidrago to be fair Ophis is the dragon god and yet her power takes the forms of snakes. The lines between snake and dragon seem pretty blurred in DxD
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-19, 09:23   Link #65
Lucidrago

Well is Typhon a dragon? Is Falak, one of Ajuka's servants, a dragon?

Well dragons and snakes are related, they are far from the same thing.
Old 2018-08-19, 09:30   Link #66
TommyG

Well Typhon is a monster not a snake, just described with serpent characteristics like how Trihexa is described as having characteristics of a dragon, as for Falak I don't know. It just seems to me that in DxD mythical serpents are just added to the list of dragons
Old 2018-08-19, 09:48   Link #67
Lucidrago

The only ones you can use for that comparison is Apophis and Midgardsomir.

Being a serpentine-like Dragon doesn't equate to being a snake.

The point I'm getting at is that we shouldn't just assume that everything in DxD works the same as the original myth. For all we know, the original Heracles was just a human in DxD. And Artemis and Apollo are Zeus' and Hera's children in DxD.

Again just saying we done this thing a lot where we assume that DxD myth will be exactly like the original myth.

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-08-22 at 14:51.
Old 2018-08-22, 11:57   Link #68
TommyG

Apparently old characters will be joining his peerage. The possible people I imagine could join his peerage would be Kiyome, Tiamat, Elmenhilde, Bennia, Lilitifa, Aika, Kunou, Yasaka or Verrine. Of all these people the only one I'd really like to see join his peerage would be Kiyome.
Old 2018-08-22, 12:58   Link #69
Emperor of D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyG View Post
Apparently old characters will be joining his peerage. The possible people I imagine could join his peerage would be Kiyome, Tiamat, Elmenhilde, Bennia, Lilitifa, Aika, Kunou, Yasaka or Verrine. Of all these people the only one I'd really like to see join his peerage would be Kiyome.
The problem is that some of the people you named won't join due to their positions. Kiyome is the heir of her house of beast tamers. Also I doubt she would want to be a devil. Kunou is next in line to lead the Youkai of Japan. I doubt Tiamat would choose to be a devil and the only interaction she has with Issei is mainly because of Ddraig. Verrine is a wild card so we don't about her future. Elmenhilde is a high class vampire and she's too prideful to be a devil.
Emperor of D. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 13:04   Link #70
TommyG

I don't think most of them would join either but I just can't think of any other old characters who could join (except for Le fay whom I forgot to mention, although I don't see her joining either). If you can think of any I'm open to suggestions. Tiamat won't due to her involvement in rating games, Kunou, Yasaka and Elmenhilde won't due to their political positions, and I personally really don't want to see Verrine join his peerage.
Old 2018-08-22, 16:21   Link #71
JBlast

Jeanne for Ise's knight.

Verrine for all 8 pawns pieces. Verrine will come near the end of the series.
JBlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 17:43   Link #72
B214

Xenovia, Asia and Rose are old characters.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-22, 22:06   Link #73
Lucidrago

I'm still betting on someone of a species from Hindu mythology joining his peerage. It's about time we get a new species in DxD.
Old 2018-08-23, 02:30   Link #74
TommyG

B214 When Ishibumi said that the team would be comprised of old and new characters I think he meant the remaining peices. A Hindu would be cool, I'd like to see his new peices all be something original.
Old 2018-08-23, 02:41   Link #75
B214

He only said Issei's team will consist of old and new characters nothing about old characters joining in shin.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 02:47   Link #76
TommyG

Oh... Well i feel a tad foolish. Thanks for the clarification I have hope again that his team will be all different species and factions.
Old 2018-08-23, 03:44   Link #77
Elmenhilde Lover

We have 4 old characters which is enough so 4 new characters is best (now 3). New characters to be his other Knight and Bishop and have one be his Pawn. Verrine could still join Issei's peerage as that Pawn.
Elmenhilde Lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-23, 09:04   Link #78
Lucidrago

But I doubt she will. I highly doubt that Ishibumi will have someone join Issei's peerage that will basically upstage Issei's current servants. Yes Ingvild has a high-tier Longinus and is the descendant of Leviathan but she has only just woken up and needs to learn how to use her power. Compared to Verrine who's an established Super Devil. Along with Balberith, they just easily defeated Mahabali and his team of Asuras. Having someone like that in his peerage makes no sense in the slightest.
Old 2018-08-23, 09:20   Link #79
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

I also don't think Verrine will join Issei's Peerage I am fine with her join his harem.
Old 2018-08-23, 09:41   Link #80
Lucidrago

I just think that Vali's going to become that older brother she wants. And honestly I don't see her joining Issei's harem either.

And where was it said about Issei's peerage was going to be consisted of old and new characters? And was it referring to Issei's team or his peerage?

Last edited by Lucidrago; 2018-08-23 at 19:48.