Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-10-17, 10:03   Link #341
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking Episode 3 with subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Can't agree with you more. Perfect pure heroine are pretty hard to find by in this messed up reality but they do exist. Girls who stay pure until marriage are the best because they tend to be loyal and wouldn't just betray you for other guys.

But can an Otaku guy like me find some gemstone on the road impossible I better stick with my computer.
Sure you can find a girl like that....going to school or going around in bars or clubs.....virgin not sure but try Churches or young 18 year old girls unless you can date younger than that try 15 or 16. Sure you can do it! Try going around and talking to them...compliment them that they are beauty and all might resolve itself.
Quote:
how come envy leads to illusions and hate. Well let's see.
Let use Yuuno as example. She's pretty popular for the boys and the popular sempai is also interested on her. Doesn't that make the fan girls of that popular guy hate Yuuno? envy? turns to hate.
Ah I see.....guess someone should those girls the illusion's true aspects.
Quote:
Then when Yuuno rejects the advances of that popular sempai. That sempai spread rumors of Yuuno being a lewd girl. Now see what would that girls or guys who's on the side of that popular guy? aren't they siding with him and even believing him without even asking Yuuno if that is true? isn't that just their delusions thanks to that popular guy?
Now I see! I assume one of those girls was the one he was trying to do something ecchi with?
Quote:
Plus even the girls that ultimately push Yuuno which is her friends to go out with that popular guy even betrayed her. Geez talking about friendship.
Yeah I know....terrible. Reminds me of that girl in episode 1 of HOTD that says she is her best friend then when her best friend gets caught by the zombies she says to her "Let go bitch!"
Quote:
Hell yeah! Tarou Balboa! he really showed that popular sempai what it means to be a MAN
Heck yeah! He took the pain and got him KO in the end! Rocky also was like that and in the end also KO the opponent so he is kind of like him. Rocky also had a girl to protect (I would think his wife's pride in him.)
Other than my replies to some scenes with their subs....I knew he called her that.....the subs just confirm it. That SOB...calling a virgin all that.=>
Spoiler:

Well that's pretty interesting....a massage prodigy! So I assume Yumi will have her own massage place that will be #1 among others in Japan based on the following=>
Spoiler:

Yuno.... I really felt a strong suicide risk here.....damn that Yoshioka shit! If there guys worse than anything are those who want the girl to kill herself!=>
Spoiler:

Oh good that you got a scar on your face......want to know something else Yoshioka....I would cut your shit ass head! IRL I would break your jaw, feet and arms so you could never box....BTW I have commando techniques teachings from friends in the army and also some boxing too so F yourself and die! That's I wanted to say to this=>
Spoiler:

Pretty much finishes my take on seeing this a second time.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 10:27   Link #342
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
They only like it because they it will gain them public popularity when really they become no more pure and sluts since they are not virgins anymore. Personally I think virgin girls like Yuno waiting to be ready and accept the other's persons feelings are best. They were good to me much more than those being come on let's do it like the same day.....no none who did that were virgins sadly.
There are two *very* different types of virgins which you really *shouldn't* mix up here.
On the one hand side, there are girls who are pretty much *forced* to stay virgins, because they're too shy or have other conditions (e.g. androphobic) which prevent them from getting boys. Yuuno would be this type.
On the other side, there are girls who aren't shy or anything, but who refuse to have contacts with boys out of their free will because they're stuck-up puritans or something, which is generally because they suffered through a hardcore catholic education or similar misfortune. I'd call this behaviour highly unnatural.

It's the same for boys, there are also boys who are *forced* to stay virgins because they are too shy to get girls (e.g. otaku or other unpopular guys), and boys who could have girls, but don't want to because they're following the christian dogma which devilizes sexuality or similar.

It's perfectly fine to have multiple sexual partners before marriage, for girls and boys alike - but *only* if you don't force yourself on anyone!
Mr. Bastard here abuses his popularity to lure in girls, just to force himself on them afterwards, and then gets angry when they refuse and beats them up. He did that to Yuuno, and he tried to force himself on that other girl which could escape when Tarou came in.
Mr. Bastard's crime is *not* to have relations with several girls in the first place, his crime is that he's forcing himself on the girls! For that, he really deserved to be beaten up by Tarou, and I hope his wicked way are exposed by other victims of him talking about him, so other girls are forewarned and don't fall for him.

Quote:
Sure you can find a girl like that....going to school or going around in bars or clubs.....virgin not sure but try Churches or young 18 year old girls unless you can date younger than that try 15 or 16. Sure you can do it! Try going around and talking to them...compliment them that they are beauty and all might resolve itself.
I'd say a church is the very last place you should go to meet girls - unless you don't mind meeting stuck-up puritans or somesuch. I clearly wouldn't want to meet any puritans.

Last edited by Himeji; 2010-10-17 at 16:39.
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 10:42   Link #343
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Being a man is using your fists? What sort of message is that? Even Taro said that hitting another person didn't feel all that great.
No, being a man is standing up against someone who is stronger then you, in order to protect someone who you hold dear. THAT'S being a man.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 11:13   Link #344
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Tarou did not need to do anymore than what he did.

You see that? Tarou's practicing something very important at this moment. IT'S CALLED RESTRAINT.

Or maybe it's not even restraint. Maybe its just simple integrity.

He did what he needed to do; stop the the imminent threats that was placed on Yuuno. He went there, confronted him face-to-face, and knocked him off his high horse. With Yumi and Sensei there, they got enough dirt on him to keep him at bay.

THAT'S ALL THAT WAS DONE, AND THAT WAS ALL THAT NEEDED TO BE DONE.

Tarou gets my respect not because he did what he did to protect somebody else; even when his odds are against him. Go on any further, and that reason is gone; now it's just because you're on an emotional high, and that's just selfish. If beating someone up was a sign of manhood, well hey, Yoshioka is way more of a man than any of the cast. And that's not true at all.

Quote:
I'd say a church is the very last place you should go to meet girls - unless you don't mind meeting stuck-up puritans or somesuch. I clearly wouldn't want to meet any puritans.
"Puritans" in your definition is a misconstrued word that means a whole lot o' nothing but implies a whole load of bullshit.
Good way to generalize people.

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-17 at 11:29.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 11:32   Link #345
Francismeunier
Banned

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
No, being a man is standing up against someone who is stronger then you, in order to protect someone who you hold dear. THAT'S being a man.
Heck Yeah! That's it! Eye of the Tiger!
Old 2010-10-17, 13:14   Link #346
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
Tarou gets my respect not because he did what he did to protect somebody else; even when his odds are against him. Go on any further, and that reason is gone; now it's just because you're on an emotional high, and that's just selfish. If beating someone up was a sign of manhood, well hey, Yoshioka is way more of a man than any of the cast. And that's not true at all.
Tarou did just the right thing there. Even though he's not the violent type (unlike Mr. Bastard), he still stood up against him.
Mr. Bastard is just a disgusting coward, beating weak girls.

Quote:
"Puritans" in your definition is a misconstrued word that means a whole lot o' nothing but implies a whole load of bullshit.
It's not *my* definition, and it's not misconstrued either. It's the generally understood definition:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puritan

Quote:
Puritan

Usually refrains from sex, drugs and women. Often can be seen in or around religious gatherings.
Old 2010-10-17, 13:32   Link #347
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post

It's the same for boys, there are also boys who are *forced* to stay virgins because they are unable to get girls (e.g. otaku or other unpopular guys), and boys who could have girls, but don't want to because they're following the christian dogma which devilizes sexuality or similar.
the bold part hurts like a critical hit again and again
Quote:
He did that to Yuuno, and he tried to force himself on that other girl which could escape when Tarou came in.
Mr. Bastard's crime is *not* to have relations with several girls in the first place, his crime is that he's forcing himself on the girls! For that, he really deserved to be beaten up by Tarou, and I hope his wicked way are exposed by other victims of him talking about him, so other girls are forewarned and don't fall for him.
Did the girl in the sofa look forced to you?
well for me
Spoiler for girl on the sofa:

She looks like not even struggling from that guy. I don't know the circumstance given that one of his victims which is Yuuno didn't like that advancement but some maybe but who knows. Well for me that girl isn't doing anything aside from lying there.

And if's a definition of MAN.

For me the definition of a man whether he likes it or not. He stood up against all odds even if the odds are against him. Just to protect what he believes and cares with.
Old 2010-10-17, 13:54   Link #348
sikvod00

Quote:

For me the definition of a man whether he likes it or not. He stood up against all odds even if the odds are against him. Just to protect what he believes and cares with.
I'm sorry, but that definition of a man irks me, because it just reinforces old gender stereotypes. It presumes that women can't stand up against the odds and fight\protect what they believe in. What Toura did wasn't "manly"; it was an act of reckless bravery and courage. And to be clear, being brave doesn't have to mean trying to land punches on an amateur boxer to prove a point. Positive characteristics such as courage should be something all people should strive for, not just males (just like guys can be sensitive, nurturing, and thoughtful). Wouldn't you agree?
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 15:06   Link #349
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by sikvod00 View Post
I'm sorry, but that definition of a man irks me, because it just reinforces old gender stereotypes. It presumes that women can't stand up against the odds and fight\protect what they believe in. What Toura did wasn't "manly"; it was an act of reckless bravery and courage. And to be clear, being brave doesn't have to mean trying to land punches on an amateur boxer to prove a point. Positive characteristics such as courage should be something all people should strive for, not just males (just like guys can be sensitive, nurturing, and thoughtful). Wouldn't you agree?
Hear, hear.

While the term "manly" can be debated all day long, courage and bravery are all the more important than punching a guy's lights out.
Although, yes, it was reckless, I don't think there were much options for him to choose. Tarou would have had to confront him sooner or later, and with threats on Yuuno, it became ASAP. At least his heart's in the right place; with a guy like Yoshioka, a brawl was inevitable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3302869
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=puritan
Urban Dictionary? Really? C'mon.
Spoiler for pointless rant:

Honestly, how did something that was supposed to be a romantic comedy start THIS?

Last edited by KROMEangel; 2010-10-17 at 15:21.
Old 2010-10-17, 15:12   Link #350
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Hear, hear.

While the term "manly" can be debated all day long, courage and bravery are all the more important than punching a guy's lights out.
Although, yes, it was reckless, I don't think there were much options for him to choose. Tarou would have had to confront him sooner or later, and with threats on Yuuno, it became ASAP. At least his heart's in the right place; with a guy like Yoshioka, a brawl was inevitable.
This is true, the debate can probably last all day if not careful. But I have to agree with you KROMEangel, Tarou would eventually have to face Yoshioka, because he was making Yuuno even worse then before. Making her not even come to school anymore, nor answer her friend's calls. So that moment just had to spark for Tarou, or situations will get out of hand trying to get Yuuno back into school.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:15   Link #351
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
This is true, the debate can probably last all day if not careful. But I have to agree with you KROMEangel, Tarou would eventually have to face Yoshioka, because he was making Yuuno even worse then before. Making her not even come to school anymore, nor answer her friend's calls. So that moment just had to spark for Tarou, or situations will get out of hand trying to get Yuuno back into school.
Can I also add suicidal and by that I mean if she wants to disappear she could kill herself. Seriously being a man is saving a person and if the means to conserve her happiness in life are to beat a person and show it through a photo then so beat it. I don't think any other way would have convinced from not disappearing.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:23   Link #352
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
I don't think any other way would have convinced from not disappearing.
Says the person who was getting bloodthirsty and excited about the idea of cold-blooded torture as a solution.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 16:48   Link #353
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
the bold part hurts like a critical hit again and again
Sorry if I offended you there
Perhaps "unable" isn't the right word there... I changed it into "too shy to get girls" now, hope that's better.
It's often not even the boy's fault there, but rather the girl's fault who won't give such shy boys (e.g. otaku) any chance right from the beginning.

Quote:
Did the girl in the sofa look forced to you?
well for me
Spoiler for girl on the sofa:
Yes, she definitely is forced. Look at how she's averting her glance - she probably already surrendered because he uttered some nasty threath or somesuch, and now she's scared that he'll beat her up (he already did that with Yuuno and who knows how much other girls). Then, look at the vile, sadistic sneer in his face. Also, he's holding her down with his right arm.
If the girl was doing that out of her free choce, she would look at him with a smile, and he would look back with a nice smile and not such a vicious sneer, and wouldn't need to hold her down.
Furthermore, look how she's in a real hurry to get away as soon as Tarou appears, glad to have escaped Mr. Bastard because of Tarou's presence.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:03   Link #354
whyisitthat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
If you mean when Yuno met Yoshioka on the street coincidently, I think it wasn't physical abuse (since she had no visible injures or bandages etc.)
He simply scared her verbally and she got those phone calls and text messages on her mobile phone.

No no, what i mean is before she got that phobia on men, when she scratched the face, and Yoshioka got in rage, did he rape or just beat her?
whyisitthat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 18:14   Link #355
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyisitthat View Post
No no, what i mean is before she got that phobia on men, when she scratched the face, and Yoshioka got in rage, did he rape or just beat her?
The only thing that is known and told is that he beat her, but really, both outcomes are horrible, so it shouldn't matter.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:46   Link #356
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Lol Rocky parody

Well the bastard deserved it . GJ Tarou !
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:03   Link #357
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Poor Younno it so sad to see her cry and hiding in her room

Spoiler for weak:
Old 2010-10-17, 21:32   Link #358
Kakkou
Tch.

Has this thread gone back to being sane? I dare not read everything up till now but the few bits I did seem to say not yet.

Anyway the episode was nice, the scum got the usual anime-styled comeuppance, which was a satisfying. and did not involve a pack of savage forum dwellers ripping a fictional character to shreds. Yumi being tatsukichi's ex was kinda surprising, but if the OP is anything to go by they'll be paired up more later on. Tarou x Yuuno seems rather cue at this point, but I doubt a show like this would have any definite pairing between the main three. I'm also happy with the third episode in a row that doesn't seem to call upon much of XEBEC's usual style of nudity or T&A. Keep up the decent work, XEBEC.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:42   Link #359
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
doesn't seem to call upon much of XEBEC's usual style of nudity or T&A.
Fortunately, there is some groping and cosplay, though.
Sparrow1770 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-17, 21:50   Link #360
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Poor Younno it so sad to see her cry and hiding in her room

Spoiler for weak:
a typical JOCK is all show and no go... sure they may have the guts and strength but once you unleash full fury, they will be crying like little bitches... tarou is one of the few who are no show and ALL go... though he does not look like one, he did manage to hold his ground against a barrage of fists, making very critical hits. one thing i learned about brawling is not how many blows you landed, but its about the impact of the blow you dealt with.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen