AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-11-29, 07:00   Link #32141
suiton629
Master Grade Master

If these MG 2.0/RMs got released, what would you change?

Gundam Seed
ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam RM Ver.

Gundam Seed Destiny
ZGMF-X19A ∞ Justice Gundam RM Ver.
ZGMF-X20A Strike Freedom Gundam RM Ver.
ZGMF-X42S Destiny Gundam RM Ver.
ZGMF-X56S/α Force Impulse Gundam RM Ver.
ZGMF-X56S/β Sword Impulse Gundam RM Ver.

Gundam Wing
XXXG-00W0 Wing Gundam Zero RM (EW Ver.)
XXXG-01W Wing Gundam RM (EW Ver.)
Old 2013-11-29, 07:15   Link #32142
Appel

Finished the waist and torso of the Strike Freedom yesterday.
And guess what? When I wanted to connect the upper torso to the lower torso the joint completely broke! And by broke I mean it got freaking annihilated... The hole that held one of the polycaps shatterd and part of the connector joint on the opposite side of the joint just snapped off.
I guess knock off model plus poorly designed joint by Bandai just doesn't mix well.
So I just dumped in a shitload of super glue. It's not like I'm gonna miss that joint, I didn't plan to use it at all. I prefer a solid connection in the waist area over a floppy joint.

Also, the legs pop off easily. Dumped in some clear nail polish, that should fix the issue.
Appel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:16   Link #32143
suiton629
Master Grade Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post
And guess what? When I wanted to connect the upper torso to the lower torso the joint completely broke! And by broke I mean it got freaking annihilated... The hole that held one of the polycaps shatterd and part of the connector joint on the opposite side of the joint just snapped off.
I guess knock off model plus poorly designed joint by Bandai just doesn't mix well.
So I just dumped in a shitload of super glue. It's not like I'm gonna miss that joint, I didn't plan to use it at all. I prefer a solid connection in the waist area over a floppy joint.

Also, the legs pop off easily. Dumped in some clear nail polish, that should fix the issue.
And you're surprised?
Old 2013-11-29, 07:28   Link #32144
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
I got it from my local hobby shop for the MG Heine ver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Similar to Duotiga, I also bought mine from local online-store with a good deal. If your country didn't sell any gunpla, my advise is to buy it from Japan-based or Hong Kong-based stores if you can find and communicate with them. My friend told me that they offer nicer price compared to North American-based stores.

I have never import things myself as almost everything is available here in my country with various prices if you know where to look. Does HLJ have any exclusive kits?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Basically if you want obscure unit, Asian market is your friend.

Gaaaahh you guys are so lucky!

I live in the US, and I have never seen an online exclusive before at my LHS

The only online asian base exclusive store I know is Gentei, but they only stock the more recent exclusives

I dont know any other trusty sites which stock old exlusives
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:30   Link #32145
Sworra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appel View Post

You forgot duct tape on top of that super glue. MacGyver would be proud.

Just a reminder that Black Friday savings are included on preorders at HLJ. The MG Sazabi Ver. Ka is now 6600 Yen. I am going to take advantage of this.. hope it isn't to late for the pre-order.

Last edited by Sworra; 2013-11-29 at 07:42.
Sworra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 07:41   Link #32146
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

I think I know what model I'll buy next

Pscyho, fucking, Gundam.

Same size as PG, complexity less than that of MG.

GENIUS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

The only online asian base exclusive store I know is Gentei, but they only stock the more recent exclusives

HLJ?

Assuming their stock still available, you might find such kit.
Old 2013-11-29, 07:48   Link #32147
Appel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworra View Post
You forgot duct tape on top of that super glue. MacGyver would be proud.
I want to try that if the nail polish fails. That stuff is easy to remove if it fails and I got great results with it with MG Exia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suiton629 View Post
And you're surprised?
That Bandai made a joint that is prone to failing that easily? Yes.
That the joint breaks on a knock off that otherwise has no quality problems at all? Yes.
Old 2013-11-29, 08:14   Link #32148
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

Regarding old exclusives/limited items, don't worry. They sound like endangered species but Bandai actually still reprint them. For example, recently my local seller got a restock of the old MG GP01, GP02, & GP03 metallic coating ver. coz Bandai just reprinted & re-released them. So, don't worry, MG Destiny Heine will get made again. You just have to wait, and don't bite the bait of those who offer it with unreasonable price. "Twice the price of the normal ones (exclude shipping & delivery fee)" is the highest you can charge for exclusive/limited items which aren't metallic coating, titanium finish, clear/sparkly parts or those with additional content (like Linkin Park's HG GP01 or TM Revolutions' HG Destiny Heine complete with CDs and whatnot).

Now, if you can properly communicate with Gentei (as in by phones, emails, etc), you can tell them that you really want MG Destiny Heine thus asking them to put your name (and contact numbers) on their list of customers who will receive the kit once it got restocked. A good hobby store usually willing to accept that kind of request as it will only bring them more profit & loyal buyers.

Btw, since you live in the US, are stores like GG Infinite and the likes never had any restock of old Limited kit (for example, MG Zeta Karaba)?

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-11-29 at 11:04.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 10:54   Link #32149
helois

founded on tumblr... i'm almost died.. XD XD XD XD XD

helois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:02   Link #32150
Aurelis
Daydreamer

I'm not usually interested in online exclusive unless it's something nice like the Zeta Unit 3. But the new Byarlant Custom Unit 02 and the Bande Dessini Version made me pre-order straight from Samuel Decal. The price is also comparative to the P Bandai HK store, so that's not too bad. There's something about the colour scheme and backpack guns which appeals to me more than the normal Byarlant.

Silver Bullet included GM Head was a nice touch but it's possibility of Ribbon Striker that is surprising on my radar. I'd love to get one for Nobel Gundam.

And HG Psyco Gundam is a recommended buy! It's big and fun to put together for a HG kit. The only downside is the rubber V-fin.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:08   Link #32151
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelis View Post
And HG Psyco Gundam is a recommended buy! It's big and fun to put together for a HG kit. The only downside is the rubber V-fin.
WUT

Well, with 5000 yen that still more than generous thing to offer.
Old 2013-11-29, 11:10   Link #32152
Aurelis
Daydreamer

Quote:
WUT

Well, with 5000 yen that still more than generous thing to offer.
I was bummed too since that made regular painting almost impossible. But I understand since it's safer for the MA mode transformation. I glued that transformation off but the large seamline was too much for my low skills to handle nicely.

The solid finished kit can easily hold other HGUC kits. Infact, once completed, it looked more cute than intimidating.
Aurelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 11:22   Link #32153
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Cute
> Not intimidating

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Man I want it so bad...
Old 2013-11-29, 17:54   Link #32154
Appel

Welp, I just panicked a little.
Seems like instead of giving you a D1 and a D2 runner for the PG Strike Freedom Daban just gives you 2 D1 runners and they just cut off the pieces you don't need. When I was building the arms I thought 4 pieces were missing because of that :P
I wanted to finish the head, arms and shoulders today. Now I just finished the head and half an arm XP

Last edited by Appel; 2013-11-29 at 18:11.
Old 2013-11-29, 20:37   Link #32155
suiton629
Master Grade Master

As crazy as it sounds, I've already started purchasing and paying off for GunPla that is coming in 2014... Already I can tell it's going to be expensive, but with my wish list of MGs being fulfilled bit by bit, I can already tell that my GunPla involvement will be over soon.
Old 2013-11-29, 22:57   Link #32156
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Ok so I now have some new questions about painting. I literally no zilch about it. How would I go about safely layering paints on top of each other without them eating at each other or the plastic?

I decided to just purchase an airbrush.

I will mainly be using Tamiya ACRYLICS for painting. what kind of thinner should I use? Just the tamiya brand? And is Acrylics ideal for airbrushing once it is thinned?

What type of primer should I use that I can put acrylics on top of?

And finally what kind of gloss top coats should I use that I can put on top of the acrylics and UNDER enamale (when I panel wash)?

Then finally, what kind of matte top coat would I be able to use? I bought these: http://www.amazon.com/Testor-Corp-Du...stors+dullcote

but now I am hearing I shouldn't use Lacquer on top of acrylics and enamel....
Old 2013-11-29, 23:00   Link #32157
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
And finally what kind of gloss top coats should I use that I can put on top of the acrylics and UNDER enamale (when I panel wash)?
I don't paint a lot but even I know this is impossible

I mostly use Lacquer product BTW

Additional info
Old 2013-11-29, 23:30   Link #32158
Shinobi2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_Edge View Post
I will mainly be using Tamiya ACRYLICS for painting. what kind of thinner should I use? Just the tamiya brand? And is Acrylics ideal for airbrushing once it is thinned?
I didn't use acrylic too much but when I do, I use Isorpropyl alcohol as a thinner and it works fine.

Quote:
I don't paint a lot but even I know this is impossible

I mostly use Lacquer product BTW

Additional info
Same here, great selection of colors too
Shinobi2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-29, 23:40   Link #32159
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Oh, and to offset the lack of proper supplier of spray can for modelers...

I use tons of Acrylic-Lacquer topcoat normally used for motorbike parts and accessories.

They work wonders when I don't paint the model much, or when I use lacquer paints.
Old 2013-11-30, 01:47   Link #32160
Double_Edge
Cool Lander

Ok so since tamiya acrylics are the most abundant in my area, I should just stick to acrylics ONLY right?

So:
1. Acrylic OR Lacquer Primer(BTW, what type of primer is the Tamiya brand? And I heard lacquer eats up plastic?)
2. Tamiya acrylic airbrush coats
3. Acrylic gloss clear coat
4. Enamel Wash. (all the tutorials say to use enamel...)
5. Acrylic matte coat
6. Done?

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy