AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-03-27, 18:21   Link #2341
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

The author tried to write a seinen with the heart of a shonen, it was just all over the place, trying to be mature but falls flat on it's face with horrible pacing and character development.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 18:42   Link #2342
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

I mean I would have rather they go with the video being the thing for him to remember like a scene where he asks Linda to watch it with him. But looking at a mirror and going it ain't mine wouldn't make you snap back surely?

I did like Kouko so I had no gripes with her, it was just the half assed attitude they had with Banri. Well it isn't a touch on Toradora and it is a shame as I wanted something to rival it. Here is hoping something better soon
Old 2014-03-27, 18:52   Link #2343
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah, I have no idea what the heck was going on with that bridge scene. So mostly whole Banri met with Ghost Banri who then got the answer to his confession from Linda who could apparently see him? Wait what !?

This is kind of why I was hoping they would have immediately turned Banri into the Banri we had at the start of this episode right after Kouko dumped him. They needed more time to resolve this. Instead were kind of stuck with flipping the switch instantly with the mirror and then...everything on that bridge.

But at least things worked out for Banri and Kouko. Would have sucked to have an odd ending and it being a negative. Guess I'll just be satisfied with the conclusion and less with how they got there. At least Kouko's character had a good run through the series from the highs to the lows. Banri was a bit of a mess, but Kouko wasn't bad. Pretty likable all things considered.

The Linda bit seemed odd to me. Honestly I was more for her going back and confessing to that club president from the festival club. You know someone she spent a lot of time with and it wouldn't seem that odd. Instead it was like...well forget Chinami she'll probably be fine.

Not as good as I was hoping, but the overall run of the series was ok.
Old 2014-03-27, 19:25   Link #2344
prototype_sky

So did he regain all of his memories? That bridge scene wasn't very clear
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 20:44   Link #2345
maximilianjenus
[E]

So I take it the ending means that barni has got all his memories yet still decided to go for koko instead of linda. If so that's good, it would have kind of pissed me offif only "new banri" memories remained because this was not about alt personalities but about memories, which give more value ot the bridge scene with all of those past banris.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 21:17   Link #2346
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

All I can think about in the last episode was the raccoon from American Dad saying remember

6/10
Old 2014-03-27, 21:45   Link #2347
MgMaster

Alright,so Golden Time has got to be one of the worst romance anime I've watched in a long time.

- The story had some potential in there but it's been lost for a while now.
- Most of the characters are just downright annoying,with Kouko & Banri taking the cake here,which in turn make it hard for the drama to work.
- The pacing is HORRENDOUS.
- The music is average at best but I guess this is a more subjective aspect.
- The animation is average at best too,although the character designs are good enough.
- The comedy...never worked for me but this is a more subjective aspect as well.
- Ghost Banri,nuff said.

Maybe I'm being too harsh and sry for all the negativity but I dunno. I really love a good romance but because of that I also really hate a bad romance. Shows like this give romantic drama anime a bad name which they definitely don't need anymore.

At any rate,glad this is over.
MgMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:03   Link #2348
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopo View Post
[mod edit: removed post]
Let's just take a moment and breathe. It's not like we didn't see this general ending coming. I mean no way I saw the Bridge of Banri scene coming . But the odds did seem pretty good that somehow Banri's memories would get revived, merge, and very likely end up with Kouko. They weren't going to sell that pairing for 95% of the series and then pull a Linda ending.

Though I do agree that Linda and Mitsuo makes no sense. Seemed like there would be more sense in things working out with Mitsuo and Chinami. While Linda would spend some time solo and maybe end up with that festival club president or really anyone down the road.

It's not as good as it could have been, but there certainly have been worse things out there.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-03-28 at 01:29.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:13   Link #2349
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

So GT anime is kinda different from the LN

I liked the LN ending a bit even though it's kinda confusing at first... anyway though the ending is not favorable to many for me I still enjoyed this series alot specially at the first half
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-03-27, 22:16   Link #2350
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apopo View Post
[mod edit: removed post]
man this anime is about banri and kouko not banri and linda even if linda end alone she never gonna end with banri, rage against the anime main plot is something pointless and dont come with "predictable cuz this is how most of the shows and real life end, being predictable at last in romance, linda not was really a rival(even i dont know why this get "love triangle" when never even had one) she was just a plot device to the main plot, if you want really see a banri x linda end play the game with "alternative ending".

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
So GT anime is kinda different from the LN

I liked the LN ending a bit even though it's kinda confusing at first... anyway though the ending is not favorable to many for me I still enjoyed this series alot specially at the first half
if not ask to much tou can show the summary of novel end? if not here by pm

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-03-28 at 01:28.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 22:17   Link #2351
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
if not ask to much tou can show the summary of novel end? if not here by pm
There's not a full sumary for the time being, but rpapo translated the last 8 pages, and there are some comments about the middle parts from some users that have already read the novel in the LN thread.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2014-03-28 at 01:28. Reason: removed replies to removed posts
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:16   Link #2352
musouka

Ah, that was a nice ending.

Yes, on the one hand it was ridiculously rushed--probably needed at least one more episode, though two would be ideal--but I figured it conveyed what it was going for and that's more than enough for me.

I saw a lot of people confused by the scene on the bridge, but it made perfect sense to me. After Banri got his memories back, Linda and Banri were still in a holding pattern and the bridge was, symbolically, the center of it. The moment he stepped on that bridge, time finally began to move for both of them once again, and it allowed Linda her one moment to "do things over" before letting him go to the person he belonged with. (Nice little bit of "magical realism" with the ring too. Was the first time he lost it just symbolic of losing Kouko, or did his ghost literally pick it up for him before also sending him on his way?)

And, of course, as a Kouko/Banri fan, I was pleased as punch with their outcome, no matter how rushed it might have been. Yes, please kiss three hundred million times within five minutes, I am eating this up with a spoon. Excellent couple, excellent chemistry. I don't even usually bother with "pure romance" series, but I'm glad I watched this one.

Oh, and for those that might have thought it was weird to watch that video with the parents, to me it made sense. You think they don't want to get to know their "other" son, the one that went away to college? It's not just a letter to Kouko, it's a time capsule of a particular person at a particular point in time.

Well, I've already bought the first novel and started it, so my "golden time" hasn't ended yet, but it was a wonderful time discussing with all you people in the thread. I'm sure we'll meet in threads to come individually, if not collectively, again soon.
ずっと変りはしない
musouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:42   Link #2353
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

I only caught a few episodes now and then, but I'm glad it's a happy ending. This anime didn't click much with me from the very first episode; it's not a very striking anime, whether looks-wise nor script-wise. Maybe it's because I started on Golden Time by reading a bit of the translated LN and the first-person narrative made it more involving and easy to get into.

Anyway, I'll go back and watch it fully now that I know the ending, lol.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-27, 23:59   Link #2354
Makino

Quote:
Originally Posted by MgMaster View Post
Alright,so Golden Time has got to be one of the worst romance anime I've watched in a long time.

- The story had some potential in there but it's been lost for a while now.
- Most of the characters are just downright annoying,with Kouko & Banri taking the cake here,which in turn make it hard for the drama to work.
- The pacing is HORRENDOUS.
- The music is average at best but I guess this is a more subjective aspect.
- The animation is average at best too,although the character designs are good enough.
- The comedy...never worked for me but this is a more subjective aspect as well.
- Ghost Banri,nuff said.

Maybe I'm being too harsh and sry for all the negativity but I dunno. I really love a good romance but because of that I also really hate a bad romance. Shows like this give romantic drama anime a bad name which they definitely don't need anymore.

At any rate,glad this is over.
I have to agree with you. Golden Time had a lot of potential but it felt like the author didn't know how to utilize it. I felt every time the show is about to reach that apex of something amazing, it never gets there and just plummets back all down to the bottom. Guess it doesn't help the show has a very unlikable male and female lead. All the characters with the exception of Linda was under developed. Truly a wasted potential of something that could've been much more.
Makino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 00:29   Link #2355
maximilianjenus
[E]

the biggest problem this anime had to me is that it put high school characters ina college setting. besides that the ending was great, banri merged his memories and the two characters I hated the most, banri and koko ended up being together, thus not ruining anybody else's lifes.

I got the feeling that linda and yana were pretty much confirmed since a few episodes ago and that their biggest obstacle was that linda tought she was not good enough for him, the second was the potential of past banri meddling in the relationship, but in the end past banri was a big [expletive] / coward as we got shown during the flashbacks.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 00:48   Link #2356
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
I have to believe it, but Deus ex machina saves the day for Banri. Looking at Kouko's mirror, then shattered out of nowhere revealing his time spent with Kouko is so spooky. I blame Ghost Banri for this!

But hey, it's a good ending, but I want it more... Maybe J.C.Staff should make an OVA like Toradora!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 03:33   Link #2357
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Rushed and ridiculously anti-climatic ending. I don't know how to describe it other than to call it pretty stupid, honestly. =/ But at least it ended happily, so... Eh. Whatever, I guess.
Old 2014-03-28, 06:42   Link #2358
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
I have to believe it, but Deus ex machina saves the day for Banri. Looking at Kouko's mirror, then shattered out of nowhere revealing his time spent with Kouko is so spooky. I blame Ghost Banri for this!

But hey, it's a good ending, but I want it more... Maybe J.C.Staff should make an OVA like Toradora!
I support this... an OVA might sound more conclusive
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 07:21   Link #2359
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I support this... an OVA might sound more conclusive
An OVA is plausible, but J.C.Staff and Kadokawa would make it as included in the boxset then.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-28, 08:06   Link #2360
KagaKoko
Fully Fledged Watcher

I personally wouldn't mind an OVA but I hope they don't do what Toradora thought as a good OVA and have an episode dedicated to lunch boxes. I would want it to expand beyond the ending we just had and have a more conclusive ending of them spending time together. Heck even them getting married may be interesting to see.

Tags
college, comedy, drama, love triangle, romance, seinen