Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > KanColle

Notices

Old 2014-04-02, 20:44   Link #1621
Lantern
<(゜∀。)

Dev twitter:

Quote:
次回【4/9(水)】の「艦これ」全サーバ群共通メンテナンスに伴うアップデートは、春イベント開催前の比較的小さめ なアップデートとなります。ここでは ある同型艦のない軽空母の改装後のグラフィック追加更新や、新しい交戦時のBGMなどが実装予定です。こち らもお楽しみに!

Next week's update,

A certain CVL without sister ships will be receiving new Kai artwork.

There will also be new battle BGM implemented.

......RJ? Or Houshou?

I'm leaning towards RJ.

Funny, I was just thinking about the possibility of her receiving Kai 2 or new artwork yesterday too.
Lantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-02, 21:47   Link #1622
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Will RJ-chan finally get the upgrade in the place she's always wanted? Nooooot likely.
Old 2014-04-03, 16:53   Link #1623
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistwrath View Post
And for all the Typemoon fans like me who also plays Kancolle,

... it's private... wryyy...
Old 2014-04-04, 13:52   Link #1624
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Reposted, as links weren't working. Please requesting translations from fellow Shinkaisen fans.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-05, 17:41   Link #1625
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

At this point, with the resources I currently have, I'm not sure that it's going to be enough to see it through to the final phase of the event. ^^; I'll still try to see if I can break the 80k mark, but right now just making it to the middle will be fine with me, unless the event-exclusive card is really tempting.
Old 2014-04-07, 05:46   Link #1626
GVN.Chaos

Can anyone tell me how to use my master card in this game? I registered it on the english page of dmm, but unable to find out what to do next in japanese site.
GVN.Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-07, 10:01   Link #1627
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Can anyone tell me how to use my master card in this game? I registered it on the english page of dmm, but unable to find out what to do next in japanese site.
Credit cards have one use in this game: to purchase DMM points, which you can do on the site as long as the card is properly registered.
Old 2014-04-07, 17:00   Link #1628
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by GVN.Chaos View Post
Just select what you want to buy in the game shop. There would be a notice saying you dont have enough credit, go buy more. Click yes and you will get to the page. And since you already got your card register, just select how much you want to buy ( or as some put it.... To love your daughters hard, in a good way)

Note you have to be on vpn. As api link wont work
Old 2014-04-07, 17:36   Link #1629
GVN.Chaos

Thanks. How much does credit (or DMM point/DMM money/whatever they called in-game) cost compare to real life money anyway?
Old 2014-04-07, 17:53   Link #1630
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Pretty much 1 point = 1 yen. So you can do the math with your country currency.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2014-04-08 at 09:55.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:42   Link #1631
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

can any one confirm that you can get the Yamato with the default LSC recipe ??( Been using the 4k/6k/6k/2k/ for quite a while, still no luck and eating the my hard earned resources)
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 17:15   Link #1632
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

I haven't read anywhere than somebody did get Yamato with the minimum LSC recipe so I would say than it's most likely not possible.
Old 2014-04-08, 17:54   Link #1633
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
can any one confirm that you can get the Yamato with the default LSC recipe ??( Been using the 4k/6k/6k/2k/ for quite a while, still no luck and eating the my hard earned resources)
Not possible apparently, so yes, you're stuck with that recipe.

By the way I got my Yamato with the 3k Bauxite variant, but it still took six tries.
Old 2014-04-08, 21:20   Link #1634
Darsovin

So I feel kind of late to the party, with the game being out for more than a year now but WOW what an addicting game. The characters all have great personality and remind me of the Fire Emblem series(unfortunately minus an overarching story)

I think it was said earlier that this game definitely appeals to Anime/Seiyuu fans, military/history otaku, card collectors and strategy gamers. Kind of a perfect storm for me and I'm regretting I didn't check this game out sooner, I feel so far behind and wonder if I'll be even able to participate in the anniversary event!

I've always had an idea and a passing interest in the game and felt like it would be right up my alley but the hurdles to even play (curse you lottery!) were off putting. Definitely worth the effort in the end though.

And I'm no fortune teller but after recently visiting Japan a few weeks ago, I can say that KanColle is HUGE and all signs were that it's the next big thing in otakudom! All the anime stores in Akihabara and even out in Osaka had entire sections to it! I now have a Teitoku's pocket watch that was exclusively sold at AnimeJapan 2014 on my desk. Even the FamilyMarts were selling trading cards/figures! And nothing like watching salary men desperately trying a UFO catcher to get some KanColle related plushie. I myself dropped a good amount of yen but have Kongou and Haruna for my efforts! Seriously if the anime can do its part this property is poised to soar to even newer heights.

I would love to see USN ships added to the roster but unfortunately won't hold my breath. Kind of makes things VERY awkward when you add ships that umm...actually sunk some of the other kanmusumes. The only one I can think of, and yes this is VERY touchy would be the addition of the USS Arizona. It fits the theme of ships lost during the war either by enemy action(or later scuttled/scrapped) and is definitely famous/infamous. Sadly I think the Iowa class battleships should not be in the game. Why? They were never scrapped or lost to combat! All four were modernized in the 1990's and all four are now sitting as museums. A further longshot would be USS Enterprise CV-6. Sadly scrapped post-war but her service record would make her an extremely formidable kanmusu. Just think of her LUCK stat! They don't call her the "Lucky E" for nothing! Imagine her post remodel with all those new 40mm Bofor cannons *drool* Plus I would love to see the stare down picture she would have with Shoukaku and Zuikaku! LOL, and you thought Kaga didn't like the 5th Division carriers...
Darsovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 21:28   Link #1635
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
I would love to see USN ships
Who says they aren't in the game already? I mean, we sink them every time we sortie...

(Yes, all the sortie World maps are based on actual World War 2 battles or campaigns. The infamous Kiss Island campaign is the Occupation/Evacuation of Kiska Island for example...)
Old 2014-04-08, 22:05   Link #1636
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Who says they aren't in the game already? I mean, we sink them every time we sortie...
Yeah I know, taking into account how it's been noted that the Abyssal Fleet all use Imperial units of measurement(*cough* USA/Britain). Hell, isn't even one of the bosses Henderson Field?!

I can only hope there's a possibility of redemption. There's a rather adorable 4-koma story in volume two where the Akatsuki destroyers "find" a rather adorable abyssal submarine (she barely fits in a bucket!)

But maybe America will always just be "the bad guy" for Japan regarding World War 2. I would love to pick the developers brains or even some Japanese fans on their opinion. Perhaps in the end the US Fleet will always be the ghosts that forever haunt these kanmusumes. And if that's what they're going for I can understand that. Still, I would've liked a World of Tanks/Warships approach where ALL sides could mix it up.
Old 2014-04-09, 10:39   Link #1637
GVN.Chaos

Guys, is the update completed? Cuz I still unable to play. Everytime I tried, it stuck at the loading screen >.<
Old 2014-04-09, 10:47   Link #1638
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

The update's been done for hours. Methinks you need to clear your cache first.
Old 2014-04-09, 13:14   Link #1639
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsovin View Post
But maybe America will always just be "the bad guy" for Japan regarding World War 2. I would love to pick the developers brains or even some Japanese fans on their opinion. Perhaps in the end the US Fleet will always be the ghosts that forever haunt these kanmusumes. And if that's what they're going for I can understand that. Still, I would've liked a World of Tanks/Warships approach where ALL sides could mix it up.
Actually, WWII is definitely not seen as a matter between "the good guys and the bad guys" with the Japanese. It was rather a matter of pride with the "great empire of Japan" and its "opponent", nothing else.

They don't really bring WWII stuff out of the open because they obviously know it is nothing to brag about (and some don't want to admit that either), but likewise, they never antaganized the Allies as evil as far as I know.
That's probably the reason why the abyss fleet has no real apparent similarities to Allies vessels, save the unit used for their ammo calibers.

The anti america/western nationalistic view is rather due to what happened post war and the economy shenanigans / gaijin incidents (infamous issues with US soldiers in Okinawa).
Old 2014-04-09, 19:01   Link #1640
Darsovin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post

They don't really bring WWII stuff out of the open because they obviously know it is nothing to brag about (and some don't want to admit that either), but likewise, they never antaganized the Allies as evil as far as I know.
Perhaps that's the difference, because we Americans sure demonized the Japanese. Like "there's no good Jap except a dead one" or Admiral Halsey promising that Japanese will only be spoken in Hell after he's done with them. Things have sure changed but I bet your average American was GLAD the two bombs were dropped on Japan in 1945.

In that case the Abyssal Fleet definitely looks more and more like the ghosts of the USN of WWII, still hell bent on sinking every last one of the IJN to the bitter end. Truly, a reincarnation of pure hate and destruction. Which when you look at how big of an industrial war machine and hell the US unleashed in the Pacific campaign, starts to make sense. (I mean come on, *24* Essex class carriers by the end of the war?!)

Tags
browser game, dmm, ship girls