AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2021-11-09, 12:01   Link #241
marvelB

Welp, no need to beat around the bush any longer, I think: GOWTHER HAS RETURNED!!! And he even helps Ardbeg see the error of his ways... before tragedy strikes. Damn, looks like this is it for him. Too bad... I would've liked to see him as an ally to the heroes. Well, I guess something like this was to be expected, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
That’s not a 4KOTA movie, that’s a 7DS movie
*Shrug* Eh, po-tay-to, po-tah-to, as far as I'm concerned. The movie's clearly meant to be a transition toward the sequel series, anyway (though I'm personally not a fan of the CGI route, either). I could still post the announcement in the NNT thread though, if anyone wants.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-09, 19:00   Link #242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Figures the one Kight of Chaos who is actually good would kick the bucket.

I don't think there's a problem with the timeline. Either some demons who are not content with Zeldris' pacificism venture into the human world to indulge into some slaughter (the movie has shown it's easy to travel between the two realms now that the seal is gone), OR it wasn't demons who attacked Addr's village but creatures of Chaos created by Arthur in order to cull the weak and find some recruits.
Old 2021-11-13, 09:27   Link #243
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, I would've liked if the one Knight of Chaos who was good got to stick around, but that's how these stories are I guess.

And yeah, I agree with you about the timeline with the flashback. It very well could be that those weren't demons but just Arthur's creatures of Chaos. I wonder if we'll ever know for sure--would be good if Nakaba went into that at some point.
Old 2021-11-16, 12:02   Link #244
marvelB

New chap time! So, Gowther and Sin rescue Percy and co., and we learn that an entire team of Chaos Knights are hunting down our heroes! While the kids recover from Ardbeg's spell, Gowther launched his own surprise attack on the enemy knights! However, the team leader was sharp enough to deal with the threat before their numbers got too thin. Back at the demon village, Anne learns from Gowther what became of Ardbeg, in her own particular way....

So, couple interesting things I noticed from this chapter: First off, it looks like it pretty much confirms that Sin was the one who killed Talisker's familiar back during Nasciens' intro arc (since the fairy, like the bird, was shot with an arrow). And secondly.... apparently, that one female Chaos Knight is made of much stronger stuff than Ardbeg since it looks like she survived (and instantly healed from) a huge freaking hole in her chest, lol. Well, I look forward to seeing how our heroes deal with these guys!

Oh, and a little bonus comic was included with volume 4! In it, Donnie says he's been to Liones a few times before, but while training under Howzer, he spent most of his time in the nearby town of Dalmary, This town contains many doctors, who regularly visit the pharmacy institution in Liones.... whose director is a former great holy knight. The name isn't mentioned, but it's pretty clear that this director is dear ol' Hendy, I think.
Old 2021-11-16, 14:42   Link #245
WingedAccelerator

The Talisker shot is hard to sell for me. Sin is right there next to them. He had to transform for an instant, shoot the arrow somehow, then transform back and comment about how it doesn't matter where the unknown arrow came from. It's one thing if the group is distracted with Donny's awful shooting, but there were also fairies flying around confused at where that shot came from. To this point readers assumed someone was keeping an eye on the group and most likely he is allied with Sin.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-17, 10:27   Link #246
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I also think Sin's the one who shot the arrow both times. It just wasn't that clear the previous time. But yeah, the fairies not knowing where the shot came from makes it harder.

Poor Percy doesn't understand why getting a look at a girl's bare boobs got him slapped. So innocent.
Old 2021-11-17, 19:42   Link #247
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Gowther has become so compassionate. Being genuinely angry at Ardd's death and lying to Anne about it to spare her feelings.

The new enemies are young and extremely confident... they don't stand a single chance against Gowther.
Old 2021-11-18, 00:03   Link #248
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Seeing knights in weird armour getting wrecked by the Sins, it's like coming home again

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-18, 12:41   Link #249
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
The new enemies are young and extremely confident... they don't stand a single chance against Gowther.
Yeah, but... again, what about that one chick who apparently survived a huge hole through her guts? You know, the same thing Ardbeg just died from? I think even Gowther would have to be a bit wary of that one, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
The Talisker shot is hard to sell for me. Sin is right there next to them. He had to transform for an instant, shoot the arrow somehow, then transform back and comment about how it doesn't matter where the unknown arrow came from. It's one thing if the group is distracted with Donny's awful shooting, but there were also fairies flying around confused at where that shot came from. To this point readers assumed someone was keeping an eye on the group and most likely he is allied with Sin.

*Shrug* Maybe he's using magical arrows like Gowther? Another possibility that comes to mind is that he can control the arrows remotely (sorta like Yondu and his "whistling" arrow from Guardians of the Galaxy), but yeah, that might be harder to pull off in the presence of a crowd. Either way, I think it's clear that Sin was responsible for offing that fairy familiar....
Old 2021-11-18, 22:18   Link #250
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yeah, but... again, what about that one chick who apparently survived a huge hole through her guts? You know, the same thing Ardbeg just died from? I think even Gowther would have to be a bit wary of that one, at least.
Maybe for anyone else, against Gowther it would merely extend her suffering.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-19, 09:16   Link #251
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I'm sure there's a trick. Or that it has limitations.
Old 2021-11-20, 09:20   Link #252
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It might, yeah. But it could also extremely OP with no limitations (I hope not, though).

I also still think Sin was the one responsible for shooting the arrow that took out that fairy familiar, but it'd be great if we got some sort of explanation.
Old 2021-11-23, 14:18   Link #253
marvelB

Next chappy's out! Well, it turns out Gowther's committed to protecting the demon village, so he's not joining Percy's gang (though he did at least seemed to hint he's willing to lend a hand if they get in a real pinch). But interestingly, this chapter mainly focuses on Sin! After destroying Ardbeg's Chaos staff and briefly arguing with Anne over it, the fox gets some comfort knowing that Percy has his back. Shortly afterward, they reach a location that Percy heard about from his grandfather: The Entangled Forest. Sin believes this to be the perfect place to lure their pursuers (an idea that Anne adopts as her own, heh).

Anyway, looks like we got another hint as to Sin's true identity: When Percy asked his age, he answered 3000 years.... though he claimed it was a joke afterward. Still, with that I think we can safely cross Ban off the list of suspects since he's nowhere near that old.... same goes for King and Diane, too. And since Gowther is staying at the demon village, that only leaves.....?
Old 2021-11-24, 10:27   Link #254
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Anyway, looks like we got another hint as to Sin's true identity: When Percy asked his age, he answered 3000 years.... though he claimed it was a joke afterward. Still, with that I think we can safely cross Ban off the list of suspects since he's nowhere near that old.... same goes for King and Diane, too. And since Gowther is staying at the demon village, that only leaves.....?
You're forgetting about the time Ban spent in Purgatory
I don't think we were ever told how long his trip was, but he stayed at the very least a thousand years according to the wiki.
I'll remain convinced Sin is Ban until proven otherwise.

Figured Gowther would remain the village, but I thought he'd at least intercept and wipe out the enemies.
Old 2021-11-25, 19:25   Link #255
DragonOsman
Dragon King

The bickering between Sin and Anne is pretty funny. And did she really have to reject his idea just to adopt it as her own right afterwards? For that matter, she should know he'd have a better idea about how to lure their pursuers into the forest than her, right?

And yeah, it could still be Ban. Let's wait and see. Hopefully it'll be revealed soon who he is--likely soon after they get to Liones.
Old 2021-11-26, 08:55   Link #256
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Oh and I loved how Percival was groping Anne's boobs while he was trying to restrain her
She was so mad she didn't even notice.
Old 2021-11-26, 13:32   Link #257
WingedAccelerator

From the clues so far, the most crucial to Sin's identity is that bride image he saw. I wonder if that's really his future lover fueling the Lancelot theory with the girl being Guinevere, or that's a misdirection and what the bride symbolizes is not your future lover in his specific case.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-26, 19:31   Link #258
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
From the clues so far, the most crucial to Sin's identity is that bride image he saw. I wonder if that's really his future lover fueling the Lancelot theory with the girl being Guinevere, or that's a misdirection and what the bride symbolizes is not your future lover in his specific case.
Yeah, that's the one thing puzzling me. I guess he could have seen his son's future wife...
Old 2021-11-29, 05:20   Link #259
DragonXX

So Arthur is one of the biggest failure of a hero ever and Merlin was a fool in believing that Arthur is the one who should get the power of Chaos. Cath Plug at this point is turning out he was a better thing to get the power of Chaos over Arthur and all he believe in is that everything is doomed. The biggest failure of Arthur is the fact that he proving that Cath Plug was right about everything being doomed.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-11-29, 09:22   Link #260
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Chaos is a dangerous power that would probably corrupt whoever used it. But notice it was a power that Arthur had since birth that he just needed to awaken.