AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-08-04, 23:35   Link #81
sunsown

The MC is quite skilled and seems like he can fend off pretty much anyone in the academy. His character is also good. As a whole the story and setting are interesting and good. Awesome updates TJP1600.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 05:35   Link #82
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Just when I through the MC is awesomely OP, pop came a robe chick who could match up against the MC. Loving the serie so far.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 10:47   Link #83
Kyosuke_Nanbu

More like being caught of guard by abilityl that should no longer exist.With some time to develope counter moves, I am sure that he will stomp her.
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 14:13   Link #84
EvI

i gave it a try and i fell in love damn... it's a good novel the mc is a bit op from the beggining and this thing of girls falling in love for guys more stronger for me is not diferent from our reality, the same thing with the prejudice between swordies, ask why they think they are superiors to humans is the same thing to ask why there is still prejudice between white and black people...or some people that are good on something and think they are superiors, the novel is just reflecting our society in my opnion...
anyway good translation, and i will keep following it ^^
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-05, 21:10   Link #85
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyosuke_Nanbu View Post
More like being caught of guard by abilityl that should no longer exist.With some time to develope counter moves, I am sure that he will stomp her.
I know MC would win, but the point I'm trying to point out is that there now a girl that lasted more then 1 move from the MC.

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 18:41   Link #86
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post

*edit*
After reading, the 60% of chapter 2, it seem Kurou sword skills is on another level, one hit ko against 2nd rank of all 1st year student... it look like even the number one won't be any different.

Thank TJP for the update.
The Student President is on another level than #2 (1 hit KO) or #3 (Sefi). The MC had a lot more trouble with her.

The top 5 in the school along with the MC & his friend are officially classified as "剑士" or swordsman. Of course, everyone should realize that ranking is unfit for the MC and his friend because they're both far stronger than Sefi who is of the same rank. The swordsman level represents an ability to enter the army or Saver squad.

In the school, the council president alone is classified as a 剑姬...., which I'm not sure how to translate. These masters are chosen from 1 out of 10,000. In their fight in volume 2 or 3, the MC had a lot more trouble (results inconclusive).

Above 剑姬 are the 7 Swords or the 7 strongest. There is the Sword Saint (strongest of all), Sword Emperor, Sword King, Dragon Sword, Sword General, Heavens Sword, and Absolute Sword. The MC's master was the Sword Saint (pretty sure the seat is still open now) or the strongest of all the Swordies. In Savers, the current leader is the Sword General or the sister of the former Sword Saint. The Sword General is known as a dual blade wielder and the fastest of 7. If I'm correct, I believe the Sword King currently is the strongest in the army. The Sword King is known to have the strongest physical strength of the 7.

Last edited by whsie; 2013-08-06 at 19:33. Reason: The Sword King not the Sword Emperor is physically the strongest.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 18:45   Link #87
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
The Student President is on another level than #2 (1 hit KO) or #3 (Sefi). The MC had a lot more trouble with her.

The top 5 in the school along with the MC & his friend are officially classified as "剑士" or swordsman. Of course, everyone should realize that ranking is unfit for the MC and his friend because they're both far stronger than Sefi who is of the same rank. The swordsman level represents an ability to enter the army or Saver squad.

In the school, the council president alone is classified as a 剑姬...., which I'm not sure how to translate. These masters are chosen from 1 out of 10,000. In their fight in volume 2 or 3, the MC had a lot more trouble (results inconclusive).

Above 剑姬 are the 7 Swords or the 7 strongest. There is the Sword Saint (strongest of all), Sword Emperor, Sword King, Dragon Sword, Sword General, Heavens Sword, and Absolute Sword. The MC's master was the Sword Saint (pretty sure the seat is still open now) or the strongest of all the Swordies. In Savers, the current leader is the Sword General or the sister of the former Sword Saint. The Sword General is known as a dual blade wielder and the fastest of 7. If I'm correct, I believe the Sword Emperor currently is the strongest in the army. The Sword Emperor is known to have the strongest physical strength of the 7.
But this inconclusive battle did not involve Kurou using his berserk mode, right?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 18:51   Link #88
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
But this inconclusive battle did not involve Kurou using his berserk mode, right?
correct. That was normal mode.

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2013-08-06, 19:00   Link #89
setsuna86

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
That's astounding. What about his backgrounds? Maybe something in his past can explain his strength (and also why the former Sword Saint took him as disciple).
setsuna86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:29   Link #90
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler for spoiler:
Sorry to do this again, but was his opponent going full throttle, using her custom sword and light and all?
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:31   Link #91
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by setsuna86 View Post
That's astounding. What about his backgrounds? Maybe something in his past can explain his strength (and also why the former Sword Saint took him as disciple).
Spoiler for Some background:

Also, I included some photos for references.

Spoiler for Sword King- the physically strongest:

Spoiler for Sword General- the fastest. That's a picture of the Sword Saint and herself.:

Spoiler for "Sword Saint"- the Strongest. Only image we have so far.:

Spoiler for Student Council President:

Aside from the above. The Sword Emperor (Quadruple Blade Wielder) and Absolute Sword have made appearances. Only the Dragon Sword (always missing) and Heaven Sword have yet to show up.

Quote:
Sorry to do this again, but was his opponent going full throttle, using her custom sword and light and all?
Spoiler for spoiler:

As for the student president fight in volume 2, she used light as well. And... that was why the MC had a ton of trouble in his normal mode. However, since it was a battle royale, both the MC and president were using wooden swords. So no custom swords.

Last edited by whsie; 2013-08-06 at 19:44.
Old 2013-08-06, 19:49   Link #92
waffler

did the mc beat the student counil president and is she the strongest in the school? o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:50   Link #93
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
Spoiler for Some background:
two kids?mc and lars?
Old 2013-08-06, 19:56   Link #94
EvI

oh they are cute, but the sword saint is quity scary in that Picture...
also in respect for the translator i will not ask more spoilers even though i'm dying to know more... DDD:
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 19:59   Link #95
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
two kids?mc and lars?
That sounds close enough. Yes. We don't know the full power of Lars though it seems he can at least rival the Council President.
Old 2013-08-06, 20:02   Link #96
waffler

how strong is the student council president?
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 20:06   Link #97
omegasereon

who is stronger? Normal MR or lars?
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-06, 20:10   Link #98
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffler View Post
how strong is the student council president?
She is a 剑姬, which is selected 1 from 10,000 剑士 or swordman. As far as I'm aware, the only higher ranking in the government is the 7 Swords. A swordman is strong enough to enter the military. In the school, the top 5 (excluding MC and Lars) are all swordman class. Only the president is a 剑姬. So the distance between her and the #2 who got 1 hit KO'ed is huge.

Spoiler for MC vs. President debrief:
Old 2013-08-06, 20:19   Link #99
cloud04
Scanlator

Quote:
That sounds close enough. Yes. We don't know the full power of Lars though it seems he can at least rival the Council President.
i do assume that only the MC has the berserk mode and more over the vol 5 one?
Old 2013-08-06, 20:32   Link #100
whsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud04 View Post
i do assume that only the MC has the berserk mode and more over the vol 5 one?
I won't spoil too much. I'm just trying to explain the rough power levels and circumstances of the novel.

I will say that the berserk comes pretty early and has shown up even before the first volume. I'll leave it at that.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mf bunko j