Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2020-04-22, 16:02   Link #3181
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
How is the Geofront version? I just finished Sky not too long ago and ended up taking a short Trails break, so I'm looking to see which version of Zero is best to continue with.
From what I've seen Geofront is pretty damned good but I played the old leaked patch and it was still pretty good. I say go for it. Playing CS3 (and CS4) without Zero/Ao is criminal in my book. The games are as much a sequel to the Crossbell saga as they are to the first two CS games.
Old 2020-04-22, 17:40   Link #3182
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
From what I've seen Geofront is pretty damned good but I played the old leaked patch and it was still pretty good. I say go for it. Playing CS3 (and CS4) without Zero/Ao is criminal in my book. The games are as much a sequel to the Crossbell saga as they are to the first two CS games.
Geofront's Zero also has a turbo mode and backlog. Plus its pretty simple to use a controller for it.

As for Ao, I had to use a torrent though.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-28, 18:14   Link #3183
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Congrats. I'm just starting Sen I Pleased with most things so far, at least.

Any thoughts on the crossbell games? I found them quite enjoyable, though character wise I think the sky crew (mostly Estelle) hit higher peaks.
Interestingly enough, I personally felt like Sky was too generic in comparison to Crossbell, in terms of its setting, to compare in quality for me. Azure felt a lot like the NT Othinus arc for me ... so I was a big fan, lol, and it's my favorite game in the series atm ... still early on in CS III.

I think Crossbell felt a lot more personal overall and I think it managed to be a lot more effective for me because it was a small hub. It got me to want to 99% Ao, I did everything except the very first hidden quest I accidentally missed, and the only two other games I ever got close to 100%'ing are Bravely Second and Ys VIII.

IMO Crossbell is much more a story of national interests, insane action, intrigue, and mystery than necessarily a character-driven story. Yet, it still manages to craft some really good characters, and I resonate with it a lot more by the end of Ao than all of Sky. Though SC of course holds a special place in my heart.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-29, 22:22   Link #3184
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Some little tidbits about Trails I wanted to mention before
TOWA IS SO CUTE
Fie is fine too
Rixia, why do you have to look like a Senran Kagura character?
Just met Roshi, Lord of Cinder, for the first time and I have to ask, why Sen? Why? There's a time and a place for this sort of thing. This ain't it. This entire franchise ain't it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Sure thing.

Spoiler:
Didn't even try that fight, that's SMT superbosses levels of insane.

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Interestingly enough, I personally felt like Sky was too generic in comparison to Crossbell, in terms of its setting, to compare in quality for me. Azure felt a lot like the NT Othinus arc for me ... so I was a big fan, lol, and it's my favorite game in the series atm ... still early on in CS III.

I think Crossbell felt a lot more personal overall and I think it managed to be a lot more effective for me because it was a small hub. It got me to want to 99% Ao, I did everything except the very first hidden quest I accidentally missed, and the only two other games I ever got close to 100%'ing are Bravely Second and Ys VIII.

IMO Crossbell is much more a story of national interests, insane action, intrigue, and mystery than necessarily a character-driven story. Yet, it still manages to craft some really good characters, and I resonate with it a lot more by the end of Ao than all of Sky. Though SC of course holds a special place in my heart.
Crossbell is a much more interesting place, and the story was filled with lots of twists (some **** just got real moments really made my heart skip a beat) and nuances far above anything in Sky, but by the end of The Third, I was invested with multiple members of the crew (Mostly Estelle, Renne, Joshua, and Olivier) to a level the SSS didn't quite manage to reach, and in fact, my main motivation to start the crossbell games was to see the conclusion for a certain someone's arc. To be clear, Ao and Zero are the better games mechanics and plot-wise, but Sky still has my favorite characters overall, and I really love me some good characters, even if everything else is kinda meh, not just in games, but in general. I'm just biased, really.

As you said, its a more story related game, and it shows with how massive some of the events taking place are. If sky is some weird stuff happening in a little faraway country

Spoiler for Spoiler:

Little bit more relevant in the big scheme of things, I'd say.

Are you implying the finale was NT9/10? I mean, it was huge and cool, but... you know
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-23, 13:42   Link #3185
marvelB

English CS4 release date is set for October 27! But that only applies to the PS4 version. Switch and PC versions will follow, but not until next year, it seems. Personally hoping for a more solid release date on that Switch version, preferably sooner rather than later....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-23, 18:56   Link #3186
The Green One

I really ought to get back to finishing that new game plus CS3 playthrough.....
Old 2020-06-23, 19:11   Link #3187
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Time to finally see this wretched fair tale to its conclusion.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-25, 02:33   Link #3188
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I can't play the game on PS4 anymore because of that Turbo Mode in CS3 PC...

Hopefully we don't need to wait that long for the PC Version.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-25, 07:16   Link #3189
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Trailer just dropped guys.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

And man, I really really want to see the theorised Rean Alter now.
Old 2020-06-25, 07:31   Link #3190
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Post it here instead: https://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=155083
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 19:37   Link #3191
The Green One

Curious about the English voices for the Liberl and Crossbell characters? Well a trailer is out....

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by The Green One; 2020-07-14 at 19:54.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-14, 19:52   Link #3192
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Stephanie Sheh and JYB are back as Bestelle and Joshua. Love the rest of the new and returning cast as well.

The kicker in the trailer is featuring Wheel of Time, Phantom Raid and Rising Sun.

As someone who holds Liberl and Crossbell cast closer than the Erebonian cast, life is good.

Just need to make sure I don't get COVID from one of my patients until the end of October.
Old 2020-10-06, 09:23   Link #3193
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

PSN digital pre-orders are up!
Old 2020-10-27, 00:18   Link #3194
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Digital downloads off of PSN is currently borked. Gah.
Old 2020-10-27, 10:40   Link #3195
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Digital downloads off of PSN is currently borked. Gah.
Yeah, I still can't download the game.
Old 2020-10-27, 11:05   Link #3196
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

There's actually a workaround.

I live chatted with PSN support to request a refund due to the game bugging up on PSN pre-order. They refunded my money, which removed the buggy pre-order from my library, then I "re-bought" the game on PSN. It's now downloading properly.
Old 2020-10-27, 11:08   Link #3197
MCAL

So it's just pre orders that are bad?
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-27, 11:38   Link #3198
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
So it's just pre orders that are bad?
Yes, just the pre orders.
Old 2020-10-27, 23:09   Link #3199
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Apparently the wrong game ID licenses were given to the preorders, supposedly in part due to the recent PSN updates.
Old 2020-10-28, 07:52   Link #3200
SidVicious
Anime addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Apparently the wrong game ID licenses were given to the preorders, supposedly in part due to the recent PSN updates.
It's working now, they fixed the issue.

Tags
erebonia, falcom, nice story, pc/steam, rpg elements, story rpg, trails of cold steel, trails series, xseed, zemuria