AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-11, 20:11   Link #1
tkcom
Killjoy-sama

Scenes that are likely to be edited out [Nomination]

31 episodes so far. In your opinion, which scene(s) do you think that will end up cut/edited/censored/cropped from the CN version?

Screenshots are welcomed.

Last edited by tkcom; 2004-05-11 at 23:53.
Old 2004-05-11, 20:19   Link #2
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Scar blasting open Basque Gran's head is the first thing that comes to mind, although that was an oddly satisfying scene
Old 2004-05-11, 20:29   Link #3
Keiokie

Send a message via MSN to Keiokie
I beleive that any scences with a lot of violence, gore, and practically anything disturbing will be edited out. It won't leave much for the series though...
Old 2004-05-11, 20:38   Link #4
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

The scene where Nina gets killed by Scar and is splattered on the wall. Also any scenes with blood.
Old 2004-05-11, 20:43   Link #5
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Since I'm pretty sure this will go to Adult Swim, I'd say...minimal edits.
Old 2004-05-11, 20:48   Link #6
Grona
Big Damit!

of course all the stuff when the brother lost their flesh and Ed was oozeing all over the floor. And since its going to a US station, any situation more complex than a 5th grader can understand
Old 2004-05-11, 21:17   Link #7
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Anything that makes FMA what it is.

Don't you know? Americas facist capitolism loves to strip the dirty " outsidedness " from everything that touches its shores.

Eds name will become Joebob, Als name will become Clint, They will no longer be on a quest of the Phillosiphers stone, but the Philosiphers guide to good moon shine, ect ect ect.

I predicted how horrible they'd do with Gundam Seed, and I was right [ as far as the voice acting, the translations [ YAMAto*cringe* ] and the TV edits of gunfire, which they make sound more like Puchuus from Excel Saga now not to mention death scenes and blood ]
Old 2004-05-11, 21:26   Link #8
Soconfused
Old God Member

Send a message via AIM to Soconfused
I really don't think they'll edit much. It will most likely go on adult swim and they do a pretty good job at keeping things intact, although I think the whole nina/alexander thing will be difficult, since she was just a little girl.
Old 2004-05-11, 21:27   Link #9
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Komataguri, if you're going to participate in the discussions please keep your statements based in... something resembling reality.

And again, if you have any problems with the CN showing, just get the DVDs. Personally, I'm ignoring the run of SEED on CN, and I will probably ignore the run of FMA on it as well.
Old 2004-05-11, 23:45   Link #10
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Admittedly, they are very open on Adult Swim lately. They allowed in FLCL almost completely unedited, and there was some pretty questionable things in there. And there was a lot of gore in the /commercial/ for Wolf's Rain, outside me not knowing what was in there, and only a few edits in the Cowboy Bebop with Pierrot le Fou (A ripped open ribcage, the man's head in the armored car hitting the window, and the man falling against the car riddled in bullets) <-- And that was before they got more lenient, so I'm not INCREDIBLY worried. I'm mainly worried about how the dubbing will sound.
Old 2004-05-12, 04:07   Link #11
ZeppelinJ0
Disabled By Request

I'm 90000x more worried about the subbing than anything. Especially subbing by Funimation:

'Hey kid, can you speak english? Ok, you're voice acting for Ed'
Old 2004-05-12, 09:36   Link #12
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Komataguri, if you're going to participate in the discussions please keep your statements based in... something resembling reality.

And again, if you have any problems with the CN showing, just get the DVDs. Personally, I'm ignoring the run of SEED on CN, and I will probably ignore the run of FMA on it as well.

It is reality, Face it.

I'm not crazy, its this world thats gone crazy! :fingers:
Old 2004-05-12, 10:29   Link #13
Iori Branford
UH OH SEI IS A KITTY

If it hits Adult Swim they won't edit shit.
Old 2004-05-12, 10:45   Link #14
cf18
Mecha Pilot

They will show it in the kid time slot, since they got the whole merchandize plan rolling with the show.

Ep 10 may simple gone since that woman usually wear too little and it does not affect the story.
Old 2004-05-12, 10:46   Link #15
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

what kind of name is 'Adult Swim' ?!?

i hope they show it on the Toonami channel over here
Old 2004-05-12, 11:07   Link #16
DraGun
Sharingan Master

why must they do this?!

I think they are going to edit out the blood in the scene where Hughes slices the shapeshifters throat open...right before...u know...

i wouldnt be surprised to hear the voice actor of Sanosuke from Rurouni Kenshin, or Roger smith from Big O...hes in almost every licensed anime they show...
Old 2004-05-12, 13:06   Link #17
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori Branford
Can I get some of that?

Whatever it is your smoking must be awesome, To be able to think that and not find anything wrong with it.

Its true, some anime they don't edit.. Like Trigun. and FLCL, but those to are nothing like Gundam Seed [ Which they ruined ] or FMA [ Which they will ruin ]
Old 2004-05-12, 14:42   Link #18
state_alchemist

I can't wait to get the dvd's when it gets released here in the US, but I think that they will butcher some off the episodes though.
Old 2004-05-12, 15:09   Link #19
state_alchemist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iori Branford

Well, that is a bit true, but I know that they did cut some scenes from Trigun, (the reason I know this is because that's my fav. anime and watched my DVD's like 5 or 7 times through already), some scenes from Cowboy Bebop, and I'm sure that they had to edit something out of Inu Yasha. Also, if my memory serves me correctly, when they had Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS Team, I think they had to cut some things out, but I'm not sure.

But Iori, you're some what right, they won't edit that much.

But I know that they will edit the scene where you see Ed with out his left leg when he was affixing Al's soul to the suit of armor.
Old 2004-05-16, 01:05   Link #20
Mephista
Kemono no Renkinjutsushi

Read my avatar: Grope, ed, grope.

American tv is so much more wary of sexual themes than it is of violence. I can only imagine how hard it would be to edit bloodiness out of this series, because it's everywhere. Sometimes, it's unavoidable. If they're keeping the opening themes, there's no way they can edit out the part with that serpent creature. Not to mention that the series pretty much revolves around the loss of ed's limbs and such, so it'd be weird to edit those scenes out completely. Chances are, the violence will stay put because that's what american tv's all about ;P

Seriously, though, before they took up this series they (hopefully) watched it to at least some extent, so they should know what they're getting into. If it was more trouble than it was worth, they wouldn't have taken it. Suggestive scenes like with psiren are much easier to edit out, and that's what i can see happening.
Closed Thread