AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-09-28, 18:19   Link #201
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
What freedom of choice would reincarnated devils like Issei or Kiba have given up? They have certain obligations like doing their devil job or fighting with Rias but to say they have given up their freedom of choice.
Ise and Kiba were killed when they reincarnated into devils.
Remember when Ise met Asia. Rias told him to stay away from Asia, because he could be killed, if he intervene . Ise disobey, but Rias did not punish him for that, because she wanted to investigated the matter. Or when Ise disobey Riasīs order not get involved with the Church and Excalibur . Sure he was punished latter, because the worst could happen. But this was matter, what Ise could not deceit for himself, but he was obliged to listen to Rias. Rias is kind soul so it is not a big deal being a servant, but not all devils are like Rias or Vali. As long you are not a high-class devil you have to listen to your master. For Ise was it never a big deal, because he loves Rias and Rias loves him. But this is just an example that could work out, but not all devils share this common sense.
Your choice will restricted in some cases you will have no choice.
It is not a big deal if your master is kind, and let you do as you like as long you are not casing trouble. Tanin had luck, because his master was not interested in leading or ordering him around.
bashkim1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 00:34   Link #202
Lucidrago

You're acting like Issei can't go to the store to buy some groceries without the consent of Rias. Basically she told him not to get involved in cases that could potentially increase tensions between the Three factions.
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 10:32   Link #203
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Pawn (2 pieces): a Succubus born between a union of a female Succubus & a male magician. She has long light green & green eyes. Her body is well developed, with her breasts being as large as Rias's She wears black corset dress with black high hell boots that extend up slightly above her knees. She also wears black long gloves. She can extend her Succubus wings which look similar to devil or vampire wings & tail as she chooses.
*She can use all kinds of magic due to her heritage but specializes in illusion magic to confuse her enemies and she can enhance her beauty to entrance her male opponents. Due to her human heritage, she can use a Sacred Gear.

[Rosario Flagellum]: A red energy whip which can be used to attack or bind enemies.

Balance Breaker-[Flore Rosario Hortus]: The user can throw rose heads which are filled with energy to explode or place them as mines.

Pawn (3 pieces)- She had emerald eyes & blond hair which is styled in a braided bun. Her breasts are the same size as Xenovia's. She wears red/black corset and purple dress. She wears black high heel boots and black stockings that go up to her thighs.
* She uses the Holy Sword Secace. She also has a Sacred Gear called [Crystal Lance of Vengence].

[Crystal Lance of Vengence]: It is a spear with crystals on both ends of the spear. It can launch a spike of spear attacks from underground similar to Sword Birth or Blade Blacksmith.

[Crystal Beasts Rampage] :Further enchances the power of the spear allowing it to create crystals which can be used for enviroment or as a protective shield & to shoot crystals as projectiles and shape crystals into various animal beasts which the wielder can command.
Darksider555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 11:52   Link #204
Lucidrago

Again what's with all the Valis, Ingvilds, Gaspers, and Kibas?
Old 2018-09-29, 12:00   Link #205
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Darksider555 At this point I am agreeing with Lucidrago why do so many of your Peerage ideas have Sacred Gears? I feel for some of your ideas it feels unnecessary for them to have Sacred Gears, be half human or half whatever the non-human part is.
Old 2018-09-29, 12:11   Link #206
TommyG

I don't think they all need sacred gears and while half human half something else is getting repetitive, their still individual because the half something else is different, in peerages so far we seen half werewolves, half devils, half vampires and half grim reapers so why not introduce new species the same way
TommyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 12:18   Link #207
Lucidrago

Not that but then adding on a Sacred Gear or holy sword as well which would just be making them more OP than some members of the main cast.

A half-werewolf who knows magic is fine.

A half-grim reaper who's the daughter of Orcus is fine.

Giving them a Sacred Gear would be going too far as there would be no way to introduce them and not have them be more OP than most of the main cast in general. For characters like Ingvild that are intended for that, sure. But a person you want to be Issei's servant, no. If you're trying to make them Valis, Ingvilds, and Gaspers.
Old 2018-09-29, 12:23   Link #208
TommyG

They shouldn't be OP compared with the current team but I do think they should be more powerful then them (except Ingvild) since they are going to be recruited by a heavenly dragon class king.
Old 2018-09-29, 12:27   Link #209
bashkim1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidrago View Post
You're acting like Issei can't go to the store to buy some groceries without the consent of Rias. Basically she told him not to get involved in cases that could potentially increase tensions between the Three factions.
No. She order him to stay away from Asia, because she was involved with fallen Angel. Ise wanted to save Asia no matter what the costs were.
Old 2018-09-29, 13:08   Link #210
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

Issei is fighting god level opponents, Issei himself is god level I don't understand the people crying about op characters joining him. How would they be op when they are still fighting god level opponents? Even when you say they would overshadow the people in his peerage already it does't make sense. At minimum Xenovia and Ross are ultimate level devils with weapons and tools that allow them to fight stronger opponents, Asia can summon a dragon king and can create barriers that block against god level attacks, Ravels the only one I would say is still just high class level and even her ability is broken to a point. Also if you haven't been paying attention all the new characters being introduce are OP and all the old characters are becoming OP. If everyone is OP then no one is really OP they all balance each other out.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 13:48   Link #211
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWu8128 View Post
Issei is fighting god level opponents, Issei himself is god level I don't understand the people crying about op characters joining him. How would they be op when they are still fighting god level opponents? Even when you say they would overshadow the people in his peerage already it does't make sense. At minimum Xenovia and Ross are ultimate level devils with weapons and tools that allow them to fight stronger opponents, Asia can summon a dragon king and can create barriers that block against god level attacks, Ravels the only one I would say is still just high class level and even her ability is broken to a point. Also if you haven't been paying attention all the new characters being introduce are OP and all the old characters are becoming OP. If everyone is OP then no one is really OP they all balance each other out.
The key point is to make strong character without them overshadowing the older characters. I would say that Xenovia is currently the strongest in Issei's peerage when you consider all of her powerups. The fact is coming up with good characters is hard. I mostly decided on SG users since that is similar to Sairaorgs team so Ise could model himself on that.

As for Sairaorgs team, I do have some ideas for powerups for his members.

Beruka Furcas: Give him an his horse better armor which is made of strogner materials. Maybe Grigori will help him. Also give him a better lance weapon, maybe one that can be enhanced with demonic power.

Liban Crocell: Have Gravity Jail obtain Balance Breaker. The BxB would allow him to enhance his blade with his SG so that it hits harder, also extend the reach & use of it.

Coriana Andrealphus: Give her a SG due to her human heritege. Some kind of support SG like healing. I had an idea of a healing SG which in it's BxB enhances her demonic & magical power.
Quote:
I then confirmed my opponent in front of me. It’s the [Bishop] woman. She excels in all categories of demonic-powers if I remember correct. But she’s more like a support-type. So what will she do?
Misteeta Sabnock: Makes his SG go BxB.
Old 2018-09-29, 15:08   Link #212
TommyG

Darksider since you brought up secace, it makes me wonder if Issei could recruit a descendant of one of the knights of the round table. Since Le fay is going to get a volume, we could learn more about her background and since house Pendragon is still around perhaps we could see some of the knights families.
Old 2018-09-29, 15:17   Link #213
TheWu8128
Hero In Training

How would they be overshadowed? I know everyone likes to jump on the new shiny character with the cool powers, but we have had 20 plus volume of seeing there growth, the members in his peerage are already are hax in my opinion. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it hard to overshadow someone who wields Durandal + all 7 Excalibur swords and sheath, a Valkyrie that can create seals and barriers that can stop some of the strongest beings in DxD, or a maiden that can become friends with a dragon god, and a immortal phoenix. Maybe I just rate the peerage members he has already higher than others here. Also how are you Darksider I haven't been on in a while.
TheWu8128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-29, 15:34   Link #214
TommyG

Knight idea (fair warning Lucidrago you won't like it)
descendant of Sir Gawain and wields his sword Galatine (Mark 1)
The sword has the same power as in the legend, it's comparable with Excalibur but gets stronger with the sun and weaker at night.
She has the same power as Gawain and gets progressively more powerful as the sun rises, peaking at noon. Personality wise she would fall under the typical noble knight catagory like Kiba
Old 2018-09-29, 15:47   Link #215
bashkim1234

Ise will get nee members,because he should complete his peerage.
Old 2018-09-29, 15:58   Link #216
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

Quote:
How would they be overshadowed? I know everyone likes to jump on the new shiny character with the cool powers, but we have had 20 plus volume of seeing there growth, the members in his peerage are already are hax in my opinion. And maybe I'm in the minority, but I think it hard to overshadow someone who wields Durandal + all 7 Excalibur swords and sheath, a Valkyrie that can create seals and barriers that can stop some of the strongest beings in DxD, or a maiden that can become friends with a dragon god, and a immortal phoenix. Maybe I just rate the peerage members he has already higher than others here. Also how are you Darksider I haven't been on in a while.
Same here man, it's good to see you again

You are probably the only one who will reply & give me insight about my crazy ideas.

@TommyG about the Knight of the round table, I have no idea. I would hope that she is more of a technique type to contrast Xenovia. I mostly make my original knight idea specifically to contrast Xenovia. But what @TheWu8128 is true, that newer member have to be strong since Ise is going to face challenges. Besides, he said himself he would try to find strong ladies. So unless anyone can offer any counter idea, I guess I'm the only one making an effort.

@TheWu8128 , How about you give me some of your insight?
Old 2018-09-29, 16:26   Link #217
TommyG

Darksider555 I like the Succubus Idea, it's pretty different from anything we've seen in DxD before but it's worth mentioning that all succubi are female, the male equivalency is called and inccubus. The second one seems to be stepping on Yuuto's toes a bit to be honest. She wields a powerful holy sword, he wields a powerful demonic one. She creates spears from the ground, he creates swords. She can summon crystal monsters to fight for her, he can summon dragon knights to do the same. She seems a little unoriginal no offence
Old 2018-09-29, 16:41   Link #218
Darksider555
Bringer of Darkness

@Tommy None taken. I am having difficulty coming up with a third pawn. I would like a tactical or counter type pawn who is more strategic but I'm coming up empty. I need help in creating the last pawn.
Old 2018-09-29, 16:57   Link #219
TommyG

Sacred Gear: counter charge, allows the user to absorb the power of an attack instead of taking it and add it to their own.
Balance breaker: Revenge wave, instead of releasing the power taken in from previous attacks it builds and releases in one super powerful attack.
Old 2018-09-30, 12:20   Link #220
Lucidrago

Quote:
I haven't seen Akeno, Kiba, Koneko, or Rossweisse face any god-level opponents.

It's just way too easy and repetitive to make this sort of character:

Powerful species or descendant of powerful being+Powerful Sacred Gear or holy/demonic sword or both.

It just feels like you're ripping off certain characters that are intended to be the strongest among the youths in the series.

I love the Sacred Gear Ideas. It's just what comes after that I have a problem with.