AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-01-08, 19:29   Link #21
Kioras

I had thought it was weird in the spoilers that they kidnap him from another world, give him a legendary hero artifact, then betray and set him up to be falsely accused.

I imagine they needed to summon all the heroes at once, and whomever the shield hero was going to be, they were going to try and ruin there reputation.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 19:38   Link #22
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioras View Post
I had thought it was weird in the spoilers that they kidnap him from another world, give him a legendary hero artifact, then betray and set him up to be falsely accused.

I imagine they needed to summon all the heroes at once, and whomever the shield hero was going to be, they were going to try and ruin there reputation.
I guessed that much, but it still seems weird that they would set him up without even giving him a chance even though it is likely that the summoning spell chooses people similar to the previous batch, which means that all the other heroes besides the shield hero must have been complete dicks.

Ran some searches. Manga adaptation spotted!

Quote:
The light novel Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari will be adapted to manga in Media Factory's Monthly Comic Flapper seinen magazine. Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari will begin serialization in issue 3 of Comic Flapper, on sale February 5, 2014. The Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari novel is part of Media Factory's MF Book line, ranobe marketed to readers over thirty.
Also it turns out this also started out as a web novel and has been read more than 53 million times online!

Last edited by BW95; 2014-01-08 at 20:41.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 23:22   Link #23
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I guessed that much, but it still seems weird that they would set him up without even giving him a chance even though it is likely that the summoning spell chooses people similar to the previous batch, which means that all the other heroes besides the shield hero must have been complete dicks.

Ran some searches. Manga adaptation spotted!

Also it turns out this also started out as a web novel and has been read more than 53 million times online!
web novel
to those who interested in the web version
Edit : btw the web novel is already completed
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-08, 23:24   Link #24
BW95
Banned

Any significant differences?
Old 2014-01-08, 23:34   Link #25
dragon1412

i don't read the book version yet so i don't know, but from amatsunagi's summary i feel that they are the same
Old 2014-01-08, 23:35   Link #26
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Why am I getting Rance vibes from this MC? Must be the slave girl part~

Though his fighting style reminds me of a certain Swordbreaker manga.
Old 2014-01-08, 23:37   Link #27
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post

What's Rance?
Old 2014-01-08, 23:51   Link #28
Eijigawa
Half-assed Nightmare~

Quote:
What's Rance?
Rance as in this guy:

http://alicesoft.wikia.com/wiki/Rance
Old 2014-01-08, 23:56   Link #29
omegasereon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
web novel
to those who interested in the web version
Edit : btw the web novel is already completed
Thanks, time to use google translate and make sense of it.
omegasereon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 00:10   Link #30
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eijigawa View Post

it's just you, this guy is way to dark to be Rance, unlike Rance, he pretty much don't trust anyone.
Old 2014-01-09, 04:54   Link #31
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libros View Post
Spoiler for Just to be sure:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
There is anymore description about the other heroes? (the sword, spear, & bow). We already know that Motoyasu was a f**king bastard, but there are any story about them? How was their development?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Thanks! Just a few more questions.

Does mentally maturity come with this growth spurt or is she like Kon from Tokyo Ravens?
I'm guessing Laftalia plays the role of main damage dealer?
Does she call him master?
Has his relationship with her reached romantic or at least one-sided romance?
Is the blondie some sort of healer?
What is the scale of the challenges Naofumi faces every volume? I can't imagine it being like Moonlight Sculptor where Weed always gets roped into some huge Crusade with the bare minimum of forces.
Is this Kawasumi Itsuki male or female? I'm trying to confirm if all the heroes here are guys.

It seems a little weird for the King to betray him just for something his predecessor had done.

Does it look like the author's going to use Naofumi's trauma to further his character development? I can imagine him freeing Laftalia from her slavery under dire circumstances thereby overcoming his trust issues.
Spoiler for mentality maturity:

Spoiler for Laftalia fighting style:

At first, Laftalia calls Naofumi, "Goshujin-sama", later on, she calls him "Naofumi-sama"
Spoiler for Romance in this series:

Spoiler for Blonde loli:

Spoiler for Naofumi adventures:

All of the 4 heroes are male.

Spoiler for The King:

Spoiler for Naofumi trauma:

Quote:
Any significant differences?
I think it's just the same, and by the way, the bunkobon is pricey T_T
amatsunagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 11:04   Link #32
NickLZH
Killing lots of Ants

Thanks amatsunagi for the Summaries, being Naofumi is suffering
What happens to the 2nd princess in volume 3? Will she get rescued or will no one find out who kidnapped her?
NickLZH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 12:41   Link #33
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegasereon View Post
Thanks, time to use google translate and make sense of it.
It hurts reading that crappy translation.
Old 2014-01-09, 15:42   Link #34
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickLZH View Post
Thanks amatsunagi for the Summaries, being Naofumi is suffering
What happens to the 2nd princess in volume 3? Will she get rescued or will no one find out who kidnapped her?
Yeah, I raged a lot upon reading these unfairness

Spoiler for 2nd Princess:
Old 2014-01-09, 18:01   Link #35
xandrelex

It looks good. I hope to see the translation on baka-tsuki one day.
xandrelex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 18:43   Link #36
BW95
Banned

That first volume was just touching. Usually, I think men who cry like babies are wimps, but this was just gratifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amatsunagi View Post
Yeah, I raged a lot upon reading these unfairness

Spoiler for 2nd Princess:
Hey, it's a small price to pay for a princess. In any case, I like where this is going. I'd like to see Naofumi take on all of these bastards and win.

If the King was one of the previous generation of heroes wouldn't that mean he also came from another world?
Motoyasu has the nerve to think he's a jerk after what he did?
How far has Naofumi gotten with the second princess? Is she useful? Does she know the truth of his past? How does she feel about it?
So Naofumi's party currently consists of 4, including the princess?
The first princess' name is Marty? You sure? I just looked it up and its a guy's name. She must be a bitch.
Filo is young right? It seems a little weird that she's already stronger than the sword hero and there are more of her.

By the way, I started a topic on this under Future Project Suggestions at Baka-Tsuki. It's all up to the Powers That Be now.

Last edited by BW95; 2014-01-09 at 21:19.
Old 2014-01-09, 21:26   Link #37
Kioras

I imagine Mein is the red head on the background cover of volume 1. I wonder if she had anything to do with trying to eliminate her younger sibling, to reduce competitors to the throne when her father shuffles off.

I guess it is kinda sad that the beast men physically mature as they level, as it can cause them to miss a portion of there childhood, as it is over-taken by real world troubles.

The other 3 heroes sound like an amalgamation of various bad mmo tropes/behavior also as was stated are playing hero without any deep thought into cause and effect.

I wonder if any of the 4 brought into the world have any knowledge or information from the modern era that could be applied, or have thought about spreading. For example the Scientific method or even basic chemistry, probably not though.

The King should of realized he is playing with fire annoying a hero like that, with the various changes and information he could spread throughout the world that would endanger his position.

Look forward to any translations but I doubt much with come of it, novel translations require so much work.
Kioras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-09, 21:27   Link #38
BW95
Banned

Quote:
I imagine Mein is the red head on the background cover of volume 1. I wonder if she had anything to do with trying to eliminate her younger sibling, to reduce competitors to the throne when her father shuffles off.
I think you may be on to something there.
Old 2014-01-10, 03:33   Link #39
sunsown

This light novel is very interesting even though the setting is somewhat common like an ordinay person being summoned to another world and has to act as a hero. Reading the summaries posted by amatsunagi it is quite intriguing to read the full conversations of the characters and their interactions. It will be really good if this light novel gets translated to english.

@amatsunagi

Great share.

Spoiler:
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-01-10, 11:02   Link #40
amatsunagi
Shi(n)mai

Quote:
That first volume was just touching. Usually, I think men who cry like babies are wimps, but this was just gratifying.

Hey, it's a small price to pay for a princess. In any case, I like where this is going. I'd like to see Naofumi take on all of these bastards and win.

If the King was one of the previous generation of heroes wouldn't that mean he also came from another world?
Motoyasu has the nerve to think he's a jerk after what he did?
How far has Naofumi gotten with the second princess? Is she useful? Does she know the truth of his past? How does she feel about it?
So Naofumi's party currently consists of 4, including the princess?
The first princess' name is Marty? You sure? I just looked it up and its a guy's name. She must be a bitch.
Filo is young right? It seems a little weird that she's already stronger than the sword hero and there are more of her.

By the way, I started a topic on this under Future Project Suggestions at Baka-Tsuki. It's all up to the Powers That Be now.
Spoiler for Heroes:

Spoiler for 3 Heroes:

Spoiler for 2nd princess:

Spoiler for Party members:

Spoiler for 1st princess name:

Spoiler for Filo:

Quote:

I guess it is kinda sad that the beast men physically mature as they level, as it can cause them to miss a portion of there childhood, as it is over-taken by real world troubles.

The other 3 heroes sound like an amalgamation of various bad mmo tropes/behavior also as was stated are playing hero without any deep thought into cause and effect.

I wonder if any of the 4 brought into the world have any knowledge or information from the modern era that could be applied, or have thought about spreading. For example the Scientific method or even basic chemistry, probably not though.

The King should of realized he is playing with fire annoying a hero like that, with the various changes and information he could spread throughout the world that would endanger his position.

Look forward to any translations but I doubt much with come of it, novel translations require so much work.
Spoiler for Malty:

Spoiler for Human Beast:

Spoiler for Knowledges:

Spoiler for The King:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsown View Post
This light novel is very interesting even though the setting is somewhat common like an ordinay person being summoned to another world and has to act as a hero. Reading the summaries posted by amatsunagi it is quite intriguing to read the full conversations of the characters and their interactions. It will be really good if this light novel gets translated to english.

@amatsunagi

Great share.

Spoiler:
That's my first impression, It's common and typical, but the plot is very interesting ^^

Spoiler for Legendary Weapons:

Spoiler:

Spoiler for Balloon Monsters:

Tags
alternate universe, bitch, dark hero, goddess heroine, harem, hero of the kitchen, rpg, shield, webnovel