AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-08, 11:49   Link #221
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
But wow...such hate in just one episode! Those guys pretty much lack patience and time to hate something from seeing 1 episode
Given how much it was advertised and how hyped up it was, the reviews it got, and Miyuki obvious crushing on her brother its actually expected. Then, consider the normal animes where all the girls tend to fall for the mc. Give it time, the ones not interested will drop like flies soon enough, and Mahouka will sell itself later on.

It was a good episode, but people will always have different opinions. Btw, anyone else enjoying watching the anime mahouka thread? I find it funny watching fans trying to defend Mahouka without going into spoiler territory for some reason.
Ultraviolet X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 11:49   Link #222
IceHism

Isn't it kind of obnoxious and un-classy to make everything clear in the first part of a story to begin with? While there may be people who enjoy that fast pace of excitement, i feel that it makes the plot sort of one dimensional. It's not very fun for dedicated readers or viewers.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:03   Link #223
TonyC1994
Unknown

Ignore, ignore ignore. What is the one thing people hate having done to them? Being ignored. We basically predicted all this back in the general thread before it got locked.

Just like with SAO and AoT, it's apparently "cool" for some people to hate a series that's garnering so much attention. You can practically distinguish those that are just haters and those that just simply don't like the show for actual reasons. The people that are already harshly criticizing the series on the first episode are the former, since more rational people would usually wait a few more episodes first.
TonyC1994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:05   Link #224
dragon1412

ok let's put that aside for now, i got my post deleted by the Mod while i only hinting a light bit. I guess we will wait for a 3-4 more episode be fore they come here. Byt any way, what's you guys thought on the next following episode ?? personally, with the current pace, i think we might 3-4 ep for 1 vol.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:07   Link #225
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Isn't it kind of obnoxious and un-classy to make everything clear in the first part of a story to begin with? While there may be people who enjoy that fast pace of excitement, i feel that it makes the plot sort of one dimensional. It's not very fun for dedicated readers or viewers.
As you say, it depends on taste. But when they go fast paced with something animated from an Ln, there always leaving out huge clumps of information and details. Which annoys the Ln fans alot and for that reason there are very few decent Ln adaptations. I like how Mahouka (anime) is done so far, the right balance of information is put in without it being too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
ok let's put that aside for now, i got my post deleted by the Mod while i only hinting a light bit. I guess we will wait for a 3-4 more episode be fore they come here.
Lol to that. Rather then joining in, just sit back and watch them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Byt any way, what's you guys thought on the next following episode ?? personally, with the current pace, i think we might 3-4 ep for 1 vol.
Based on current pacing, im predicting a 3 ep for the first ln. But then, I can never predict it right so it doesn't mean much.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:26   Link #226
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by millie10468 View Post
Lucarion, you were pretty good at only answering relevant questions on the other thread, and ignoring would-be trolls. So I think if we're able to make distinctions between genuinely interested people versus haters, we should probably take your advice and politely make explanations as needed. I especially like reading your well-thought out responses (seriously, I miss the old thread so I can imagine how good they will sound to those who really want to know. Of course, this distinction will be better made after the trolls and haters have drowned in a cesspit of their own vile vitriol(whoa, I must have been more pissed so far than I thought _
Thank you for your kindness. ^_^

But still...yeah I miss the old thread, but I'm just glad it's just there. We can always go back to it. I used to belong to a very warm anime community that suddenly shut down on the users and lost a couple of years worth of discussion. (Never really got over it too) I think we'll get used to the subforums soon enough, and I'm sure the admins are doing their best to make everything as fair as possible for everyone. We might even get new frequent visitors.

As for those haters...well, for all their hate, it seems the youtube reviewing community is quite friendly to our series. I've yet to see the a single bad first impression/episode review, and the most critical one only said that he's yet to see anything particularly special and hopes things get better.

Which means...despite some of our gripes...the anime did a pretty good job at getting non readers interested.
Lucarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 12:30   Link #227
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampz21 View Post
But wow...such hate in just one episode! Those guys pretty much lack patience and time to hate something from seeing 1 episode
I agree with Pampz...

The world is over.
Old 2014-04-08, 12:34   Link #228
Ultragunner

oh yeah, bring it on babes!!!

BTW, is there anyone wants to see the Reminiscence Arc in the anime? I sure don't, a movie would be perfect IMO
Old 2014-04-08, 12:41   Link #229
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
oh yeah, bring it on babes!!!

BTW, is there anyone wants to see the Reminiscence Arc in the anime? I sure don't, a movie would be perfect IMO
I don't either. I'd rather see it as a series of OVAs. (Though I can see it working here too).

And if we're talking about Mahouka movies...there can only be the Untouchables. ^_^ (Hopefully we get a picture of Genzou soon.)
Old 2014-04-08, 12:44   Link #230
Ultragunner

that would be.....disturbingly awesome

But if they want to make that into a proper movie, then extra content must be made...oh well, we can see the Yotsuba fight so who cares
Old 2014-04-08, 12:49   Link #231
Lucarion
The Hegemon-King of Chu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultragunner View Post
that would be.....disturbingly awesome

But if they want to make that into a proper movie, then extra content must be made...oh well, we can see the Yotsuba fight so who cares
Exactly, the Untouchables chapter isn't terribly long. They'll need to expand on it, and because of that we'll get to see new stuff.^^ Like maybe see more what the twins and Koichi were like before the world robbed them of their innocence and started the whole chain of events.
Old 2014-04-08, 13:20   Link #232
pampz21
ShipCore

Well it cant be done; there no such thing as a perfect episode 1....mostly episode one is just introduction of characters; of course it would be boring they should have been thankful that they even show mburst and Yakumo's fight scene, bcuz I expect that they would just be talking here and there and Yakumos fight scene would be just a meh.

PS: those bunch of Madao!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 13:36   Link #233
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultraviolet X View Post
As you say, it depends on taste. But when they go fast paced with something animated from an Ln, there always leaving out huge clumps of information and details. Which annoys the Ln fans alot and for that reason there are very few decent Ln adaptations. I like how Mahouka (anime) is done so far, the right balance of information is put in without it being too much.
I actually thought that most LNs had pretty decent adaptions so i'm pretty surprised to hear that the track record was pretty bad for ln->anime adaptions. I thought It just becomes a bit hard when you have these infodump series like Mahouka or index.

I think if they incorporated the special chibi episodes into the episodes themselves and placed them at the end or beginning of each episode to explain some background information, it might be easier for the viewers.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:12   Link #234
RDNexus

Quote:
Could you give some examples of decent LN adaptions? I'd like to know...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 14:16   Link #235
Ultraviolet X

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Could you give some examples of decent LN adaptions? I'd like to know...
Thats the problem, there havent been for awhile. The newest one I can think of is Tokyo Ravens, it did cut out information, and small rearanges here and there, but it followed the source faithfully enough and it was easy enough to understand for people that just watched the anime. Take Strike the Blood for instance, it was popular enough, but watching it annoyed the hell out of ln fans.
Old 2014-04-08, 14:27   Link #236
Rava

Quote:
Thats the problem, there havent been for awhile. The newest one I can think of is Tokyo Ravens, it did cut out information, and small rearanges here and there, but it followed the source faithfully enough and it was easy enough to understand for people that just watched the anime. Take Strike the Blood for instance, it was popular enough, but watching it annoyed the hell out of ln fans.
Hmm, I thought Fate/Zero was pretty decent, with a big exception for the last episode.
Rava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:03   Link #237
Galacticichi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
Exactly, the Untouchables chapter isn't terribly long. They'll need to expand on it, and because of that we'll get to see new stuff.^^ Like maybe see more what the twins and Koichi were like before the world robbed them of their innocence and started the whole chain of events.
This is an awesome idea and I really hope it comes to fruition.

Spoiler for Vol. 8 Untouchable Chapter:
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:20   Link #238
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucarion View Post
But still...yeah I miss the old thread, but I'm just glad it's just there. We can always go back to it. I used to belong to a very warm anime community that suddenly shut down on the users and lost a couple of years worth of discussion. (Never really got over it too) I think we'll get used to the subforums soon enough, and I'm sure the admins are doing their best to make everything as fair as possible for everyone. We might even get new frequent visitors.
If you want to talk generally about Mahouka, discussing things that don't have a specific thread, there are two places right now where you can go to have those discussions.

One place is the Discussion About Other Topics thread. That's what it's there for -- to discuss things about Mahouka that don't have a dedicated thread. Spoilers are allowed there. We only ask that you keep in mind that not all novel readers are current with the latest volume. To be considerate to your fellow novel readers, you may want to put big spoilers from the later volumes in spoiler tags. If you want to spin a discussion off an old post in the closed thread, a simple copy from old closed and paste to new Other will get you started. Quite frankly, I'm surprised no one has jumped into that thread yet as it seems like the perfect place for a general thread to grow.

The other place for general discussions about Mahouka is the Mahouka social group founded by bietchie11. It's quiet there right now, but there's no reason a bunch of hardcore Mahouka fans couldn't make it a lively place to visit.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 15:45   Link #239
RDNexus

Just read the LN equivalent of Episode 01 and yes, there were a few things that got cut and Miyuki's talk about her father's call was moved to when they were at home, which honestly felt more proper to me.
All in all, a few funny scenes were left behind but I liked the episode adaption overall. Depending on my agenda, I may start reading the equivalent of each episode, lessening the amount of LN content that I read at once.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-08, 16:40   Link #240
Lazy cat

^
that's rigth the overall of the ep1 was very good the miyuki bro-con moments were funny rather than anoying, the yakumo figth was well animated, and the mizuki face when she saw miyuki and tatsuya flirting was hilarious( i beginnig to like her more, mizuki). the bad poits were the mayumi time onscreen being so much reduced.

now about the next few episodes here it goes the scenes i think will be cut:
Spoiler for scenes vol 1:
Lazy cat is offline   Reply With Quote