AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-04-01, 20:09   Link #21
kyouray
2D > 3D

from wiki
"Zepy of Canned Dogs fame reminds us that the Clannad movie was announced on April 1st, 2006, and that it's not in Key's habit to make April Fools' jokes"
http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/03/31/.../#comment-6526

Old 2008-04-01, 20:16   Link #22
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
from wiki
"Zepy of Canned Dogs fame reminds us that the Clannad movie was announced on April 1st, 2006, and that it's not in Key's habit to make April Fools' jokes"
http://zepy.momotato.com/2008/03/31/.../#comment-6526

So basically the people at Key are RickRolling us by making us think they're RickRolling us O.O
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:23   Link #23
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
I may be motivated to suffer through my mediocre moonspeak and read it with a dictionary in one hand and a mouse in the other.
Why would you want to struggle with a paper dictionary when there's the AGTH + Rikaichan combo?

Also, she may not have a name but there's fanart of her already.
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:25   Link #24
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdra View Post
Why would you want to struggle with a paper dictionary when there's the AGTH + Rikaichan combo?

that was fast...
i wonder what fan speculation names of her are?
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:25   Link #25
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:

She looks Cute, fnartist work fast....also what's RikaiChan???
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:37   Link #26
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
that was fast...
i wonder what fan speculation names of her are?
I don't think people are that bothered - more interested in speculating how the plot's going to work. One I found kind of interesting was the idea that each 'loop' in the girl's life will be different and written by a different one of the writers to their own style (so Ryukishi's one will have hotblooded male characters like Keiichi and violence, etc) and then in the After Story she'll finally break free.

And on a slightly less relevant note.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer
She looks Cute, fnartist work fast....also what's RikaiChan???
Firefox plugin, lets you hover over Japanese words and it'll give their hiragana readings and definitions, as well as what conjugation verbs are in much of the time. As for how that's relevant to visual novels... well, you can set it up so AGTH hooks the text out of the game, then it goes through via a script to the Firefox window, which auto-refreshes and displays the game's text so you can hover over vocab you don't know Needs decent proficiency in Japanese grammar to get the most use out of it, but I've found it extremely useful. Sure beats the 'spend ages looking up every kanji in the game by strokes/radicals in a paper dictionary' alternative.

More information is available here:
http://omoshiroi.info/omoblog/index...._novel_reading
Varion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:50   Link #27
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
Quote:
I don't think people are that bothered - more interested in speculating how the plot's going to work. One I found kind of interesting was the idea that each 'loop' in the girl's life will be different and written by a different one of the writers to their own style (so Ryukishi's one will have hotblooded male characters like Keiichi and violence, etc) and then in the After Story she'll finally break free.
the title of Rewrite actually fits Ryukishi quite well since higurashi was basically about rewriting fate...
judging from the cg on the site maybe it will be a post-apocalyptic world where everything was destroyed and nature is reclaiming ths lands... where they need to rebuild...

is this going to be an eroge? VN? or kinetic novel?
z3phyr.mp3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 20:59   Link #28
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
If that's the case I rather have Battler-like hotblooded male characters instead of Keiichi-like. Also I wonder what Ryukishi's versions of characters like Tomoya, Yuichi, and that Dude from Air would be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
is this going to be an eroge? VN? or kinetic novel?
Well Romeo is know for writing Eroges I.E Yume Miru Kusuri, Cross Channel and Kazoku Keikaku

Last edited by Sterling01; 2008-04-01 at 21:12.
Sterling01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-01, 21:12   Link #29
Rias

Ryukishi07 + Key = "A murder mystery that would leave all America in tears"
Old 2008-04-01, 22:41   Link #30
rg4619

Quote:
Well Romeo is know for writing Eroges I.E Yume Miru Kusuri, Cross Channel and Kazoku Keikaku
He's worked on a couple non-adult games (KID's Natsuyume Yawa, Regista's I/O) too.

Ultimately, the decision is up to VisualArt's. Seeing that Little Busters EX was planned from the beginning, I'd suspect that an adult version will be released (even if it isn't the first SKU).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 02:45   Link #31
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

I present to you, the full sized pic from the official website:

and also the logo (for your perusal):
boggart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:30   Link #32
Vibeke
❤ Fabulous MAX~! ❤
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Vibeke
It is one of the pleasantest April Fools joke I had this year ^o^ I can't wait to see the results of it...

Currently busy studying Japaneese language and culture on Warsaw University//my animelist
Vibeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-02, 06:41   Link #33
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vibeke View Post
It is one of the pleasantest April Fools joke I had this year ^o^ I can't wait to see the results of it...
It's no joke, mate. Shinji Orito, Hinoue Itaru and Ryukishi07 have all confirmed as much on their respective blogs.
Old 2008-04-02, 07:08   Link #34
luckyovermind
hungry~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
Ryukishi07 + Key = "A murder mystery that would leave all America in tears"
If you would like to know, that Romeo's first work "kana little sister" left many Americans in tears already.
Old 2008-04-02, 07:21   Link #35
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

This is surely interesting. Combining Key with writers like Ryukishi and Romeo is an unexpected event indeed. Never the less i am very excited about this, and seeing the writers involved i am expecting good amounts of mindtwisting drama with darker undertones than one would expect of Key, combined with a dose of fluffiness. I don't know what is going to come of this, but i am looking towards it
Old 2008-04-02, 07:32   Link #36
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

Looking at the logo, it looks as if the symbols on the gear-shaped background image are actually the symbols representative of the Western zodiac... if I am making it out correctly.
Old 2008-04-04, 13:48   Link #37
Rengemaru
Mad Scientist

The only thing I'm a little upset about is not having Jun Maeda as a scenario writer. I agree that the current writers are nothing but great, let's hope they can manage to keep Key's touch.

However, the theme looks really promising, let's all pray for another AIR.
Old 2008-04-04, 19:36   Link #38
Turtleen
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Turtleen Send a message via Yahoo to Turtleen
Quote:
Looking at the logo, it looks as if the symbols on the gear-shaped background image are actually the symbols representative of the Western zodiac... if I am making it out correctly.
I noticed that too, seems like the zodiac will have some importance to the story then?

I wonder what kind of ending the chapters will have especially with Ryukishi07 working on it ontop of it being KEY xD
After going to the 07th Expansion website on April 1st I thought they were making another AIR visual novel or something, and then after reading the link it was pretty suspicious on AF, but exciting now that it's confirmed.
Turtleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-04, 19:45   Link #39
boggart
渡辺曜のお兄さん

An anonymous user over at the Gemot also pointed out that the girl's hair suddenly morphs into roots and leaves nearer to the bottom of the image. I wonder what's up with that.
Old 2008-04-04, 20:08   Link #40
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by boggart View Post
An anonymous user over at the Gemot also pointed out that the girl's hair suddenly morphs into roots and leaves nearer to the bottom of the image. I wonder what's up with that.
The main girl is an impersonation of a tree? Like... what are they called. Tree Spirits?

Tags
bishoujo, hinoue itaru, key, maeda jun, romeo tanaka, ryukishi07, visual novel