AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-29, 18:29   Link #11761
Breidaluk

hmm. But that way if they don't have the body of a human but still maintain the human mind they could still use magic. Didn't think that way. It's just the amount of life force that is different.
Wanted to know what would happen if touma become a vampire or what would happen if touma touches one? Maybe IB would not kill him(since is just life force).
Old 2011-06-29, 18:30   Link #11762
Breidaluk

Oh! Forgot to ask: Does anybody know more about the life force used to generate mana?
Old 2011-06-29, 18:33   Link #11763
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Hey guys here's an idea.

How would Kamiya, Hiroshi as Kakines VA sound?
Old 2011-06-29, 18:34   Link #11764
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breidaluk View Post
hmm. But that way if they don't have the body of a human but still maintain the human mind they could still use magic. Didn't think that way. It's just the amount of life force that is different.
Wanted to know what would happen if touma become a vampire or what would happen if touma touches one? Maybe IB would not kill him(since is just life force).
Touma once used "Vampires" as a example of "regardless of, it will be dispelled", so if that logic is true then if he became a vampire he would accidentally erase himself, in the same way if he became an angel or a golem or a homunculus.

While is true that Touma hasn't "corroborated" if he can really dispel a vampire, most of the things that he has used as examples for his IB have being dispelled even if he never had any contact with it previously (like (I think) Curses, Miracles (Luck) and Magic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
I don't know why I have this feeling that Hikaru Midorikawa is going to play Kakine.... Then again, that might just prove that meme wise I'm like 15 years behind the rest of the world xD
Old 2011-06-29, 18:48   Link #11765
Breidaluk

well, we will only know more about if touma discover the true nature of his power. Still, i don't think that IB is a power originated from touma. It sounds more like a power that exists in touma's right hand but it not "his" own power. If is just a part of his power or a completely different thing what we can be sure is that the only hint is the dragon head that appeared during deep blood arc.
Just like about the sword that index summoned while been manipulated by Fiamma, dragons are creatures that exist in a lot of cultures and are shown as powerful beings. Maybe they are related somehow. And I'm still thinking about the coincidence betwwen touma's dragon head and DRAGON(probably is something that kamachi made to make us think, don't know)
Old 2011-06-29, 19:22   Link #11766
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Technically speaking, 18 is not enough age to either drink nor smoke in japan. Also Kanzaki is probably honest enough as not to try to fool any store clerk; and if we judge by Touma's comments, she dislikes people thinking that she is older than she is (though, Touma claimed that she was 28 and that was just a little bit to much )
I think that applies to most women.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Touma once used "Vampires" as a example of "regardless of, it will be dispelled", so if that logic is true then if he became a vampire he would accidentally erase himself, in the same way if he became an angel or a golem or a homunculus.

While is true that Touma hasn't "corroborated" if he can really dispel a vampire, most of the things that he has used as examples for his IB have being dispelled even if he never had any contact with it previously (like (I think) Curses, Miracles (Luck) and Magic)
We don't really know if vampires would be dispelled... Himegami said they are practically the same as humans, they might just be another type of natural life form. And even if they were supernatural, it doesn't mean they would be destroyed by IB, gemstones are somehow supernatural themselves and his hand doesn't erase them.

There are also elves in the Toaru verse, somehow I think it would be the same for them.

... That reminds me, sometimes I think Kazuma writes about diverse stuff and leaves it lying around without going deeper, not cause he's foreshadowing anything, but rather in case he wants to use it in the future... Like some sort of red herring that might become a real lead after all, in case he feels like it... I think I just confused myself a bit

Quote:
Hey guys here's an idea.

Zetsubou shita!... lol, sounds interesting. But I cannot even imagine the chances for that to happen.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:34   Link #11767
Ilidsor
Angelerator

Quote:
We don't really know if vampires would be dispelled... Himegami said they are practically the same as humans, they might just be another type of natural life form. And even if they were supernatural, it doesn't mean they would be destroyed by IB, gemstones are somehow supernatural themselves and his hand doesn't erase them.
I think IB would erase the vampires powers, or in other words turn them back into a mortal. People get turned into vampires (don't remember how in this verse, did it even say?) through supernatural means so he would turn them back into regular humans. That's what I always assumed anyways.
Old 2011-06-29, 19:50   Link #11768
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

I don't think it works like that since they are dead
Old 2011-06-29, 20:04   Link #11769
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
... That reminds me, sometimes I think Kazuma writes about diverse stuff and leaves it lying around without going deeper, not cause he's foreshadowing anything, but rather in case he wants to use it in the future... Like some sort of red herring that might become a real lead after all, in case he feels like it... I think I just confused myself a bit
It's called expanding the world, and that's usually what the Side Story does.

Railgun SS(s) lets us know the situation in foreign countries like America and Russia. Kanzaki SS give us a look into the magic world from a proper magician's point of view.

Sometimes they're more than just added flavor and nothing, but usually you don't have to pay much attention to them if you're only interested in the main story.

Quote:
Hey guys here's an idea.

Personally, I've set my sights on Kakihara Tetsuya as his VA...
Old 2011-06-29, 20:26   Link #11770
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That's not what i meant though The proper way to interrogate someone is to do what Accelerator did- He created a whole new reality for the prisoner. A good interrogator paints a picture of the world for a detainee. Whatever he's holding onto, you take it away.

The fact is, torture is for sadists and thugs. It's like getting groceries with a flamethrower. It doesn't work, and it makes a mess. Getting useful information is about creating a new reality for the interrogation subject with no hope of escape or freedom. You control every aspect of their world - how they eat, where they sleep, even whether it's day or night. When it's time to ask questions, you want them disoriented, anxious, wondering who you are and what you can do to them.

Of course, Accelerator used the accelerated process.
You just copy-pasted most of that speech from Burn Notice didn't you? While I'm sure there's some truth to it, taking interrogation advice from one TV show over another is kind of...
Old 2011-06-29, 20:33   Link #11771
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
You just copy-pasted most of that speech from Burn Notice didn't you? While I'm sure there's some truth to it, taking interrogation advice from one TV show over another is kind of...
I would type it out from memory, but it was late so I click and drag

Burn Notice thus far have been fairly accurate, but if you have more compelling evidence to contradict it, I'm willing to hear it
Old 2011-06-29, 20:42   Link #11772
Clarste
Human

Honestly, I'd expect the kinds of people who have to do this for a living to want to keep their methods a secret, so I don't trust any information on it.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:46   Link #11773
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Honestly, I'd expect the kinds of people who have to do this for a living to want to keep their methods a secret, so I don't trust any information on it.
Actually, the methods can easily be found anywhere- You can even find it on wiki, just type in interrogation. I mean, it doesn't really stray far from one chair, one table, one bright light, one dark room, and a whole lot of acting.

What they really don't want you to know is where, when and who they used it on.
Old 2011-06-29, 20:56   Link #11774
Clarste
Human

Finding answers is different from finding good answers. This applies to both interrogation and wikipedia. Remember that the organizations doing the interrogations are also the ones who might get interrogated by someone else in the future. Do you really think they're gonna freely tell the world how to get the most accurate information out of their own agents?
Old 2011-06-29, 21:08   Link #11775
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Finding answers is different from finding good answers. This applies to both interrogation and wikipedia. Remember that the organizations doing the interrogations are also the ones who might get interrogated by someone else in the future. Do you really think they're gonna freely tell the world how to get the most accurate information out of their own agents?

Ahh now you're talking about the individual skills of the Prisoner to resist and the interrogator to drag it out.

It's like I can tell you the best way to bake a cake and put in on the internet, does it mean suddenly everybody can do it?

The methods are the same, Good cop/bad cop, Reid technique, torture etc. but whether you have the skill and intelligence to outwit your opponent, that's on the individual, and that's certainly not very top secret if there is documents about it.
Old 2011-06-29, 21:52   Link #11776
leukrota

Quote:
I don't think it works like that since they are dead
But you're assuming that vampires are undead. That's not an absolute rule. I've seem other characterizations depending on the world, they can be undead, demons, sick people (as in virus infected, not necessarily lethally) or even just a race.
Quote:
It's called expanding the world, and that's usually what the Side Story does.

Railgun SS(s) lets us know the situation in foreign countries like America and Russia. Kanzaki SS give us a look into the magic world from a proper magician's point of view.

Sometimes they're more than just added flavor and nothing, but usually you don't have to pay much attention to them if you're only interested in the main story.
Ah, but that's not what I'm taking about, I'm talking about open lines. I mean, like how he introduced elves, but didn't explain their existence or how they fit in the world. I don't particularly mind it, but he does leaves some holes here and there.

In general I do love when an author expands their story's world.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:11   Link #11777
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
But you're assuming that vampires are undead. That's not an absolute rule. I've seem other characterizations depending on the world, they can be undead, demons, sick people (as in virus infected, not necessarily lethally) or even just a race.
Wasn't Izzard going to have a vampire bite index so she doesn't have to worry about death from the spell that kills her every year?
Old 2011-06-29, 22:13   Link #11778
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Ah, but that's not what I'm taking about, I'm talking about open lines. I mean, like how he introduced elves, but didn't explain their existence or how they fit in the world. I don't particularly mind it, but he does leaves some holes here and there.
Given that her name is 'Alfar', and the Norse and Christian elements in the story, I believe Kamachi is using Scandinavian elves.

In Scandinavian folklore, which is a later blend of Norse mythology and elements of Christian mythology, an elf is called elver in Danish, alv in Norwegian, and alv or älva in Swedish (the first is masculine, the second feminine).

In Denmark and Sweden, the elves appear as beings distinct from the vetter, even though the border between them is diffuse. The insect-winged fairies in British folklore are often called "älvor" in modern Swedish or "Alfer" in Danish.

There's also something down the line about the Elves being diease carrying, could be the basis for Alfar's accelerated evolution aura.

Quote:
Wasn't Izzard going to have a vampire bite index so she doesn't have to worry about death from the spell that kills her every year?
Thus making her Immortal, but not necessary 'undead'
Old 2011-06-29, 22:18   Link #11779
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:

Thus making her Immortal, but not necessary 'undead'
I rarily see living vampires in fiction. Twilight vampires are undead. I shame myself from remembering this but Edward was not dead when he became a vampire.
Old 2011-06-29, 22:29   Link #11780
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I rarily see living vampires in fiction. Twilight vampires are undead. I shame myself from remembering this but Edward was not dead when he became a vampire.
I usually assumed stories where Vampires have childen of their own, aka fertile, implies that they are living.

Here, Reproduction of Vampires in folklore and fiction
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen