AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2013-04-08, 08:20   Link #37781
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

@Andarkoshi
Shitty memories.

But well, the thing with Sakura still bugs me even now. I mean, broken because of that girl? This is just like HF all over again, except this time she's a bitch.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:22   Link #37782
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
Did you read both parts?
Sadly, my SOD already broke from the first part.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:22   Link #37783
Andarkoshi
Resident Tentacle Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
@Andarkoshi
Shitty memories.

But well, the thing with Sakura still bugs me even now. I mean, broken because of that girl? This is just like HF all over again, except this time she's a bitch.
Well the thing with Sakura was just the beginning [there is a second post on the previous page]

Tiresias
SOD?
Andarkoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:24   Link #37784
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Suspension of disbelief. Basically, Sakura's OOCness was too unconvincing for me to belief this story is plausible.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:24   Link #37785
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

SOD = Suspension of Disbelief. Meaning the threshold to disregard certain things when reading fanfics.

Yeah, well, the thing with Sakura was enough for me to RAEG.

Edit: Sniped. By 2!
Old 2013-04-08, 08:27   Link #37786
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Suspension of disbelief. Basically, Sakura's OOCness was too unconvincing for me to belief this story is plausible.
Well the thing goes like this. As it was explained to me Sakura only really broke in HF because Shirou focused his kindness on her in that route. After she felt what it is like to live in the warmth she didn't want to go back into the cold darkness.

This Shirou was Childhood friends with Sakura, they knew each other for at least 5 years and that was enough for Sakura to come out of her protective shell.

Then the Grail War happened and Rin pretty much took him away when she was about to confess to him. Then she saw Rin slowly take her place in Shirou's life and eventually took him away to London. After that she and Zouken had almost 10 years to break her even more.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:31   Link #37787
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
Well the thing goes like this. As it was explained to me Sakura only really broke in HF because Shirou focused his kindness on her in that route. After she felt what it is like to live in the warmth she didn't want to go back into the cold darkness.

This Shirou was Childhood friends with Sakura, they knew each other for at least 5 years and that was enough for Sakura to come out of her protective shell.

Then the Grail War happened and Rin pretty much took him away when she was about to confess to him. Then she saw Rin slowly take her place in Shirou's life and eventually took him away to London. After that she and Zouken had almost 10 years to break her even more.
My suggestion is you reconsider your backstory. Shirou's starting to take up so much by himself he is the story.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:35   Link #37788
Andarkoshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroi Hadou View Post
My suggestion is you reconsider your backstory. Shirou's starting to take up so much by himself he is the story.
No worries, the backstory is simply there to provide the reason for Why and How he got into Nano, is Fate's father and why he no longer wants to be a hero. I will weave into the story proper via flashbacks, dreams, memories and the like. Bit by bit.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:37   Link #37789
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarkoshi View Post
No worries, the backstory is simply there to provide the reason for Why and How he got into Nano, is Fate's father and why he no longer wants to be a hero. I will weave into the story proper via flashbacks, dreams, memories and the like. Bit by bit.
But there is a worry. To properly explain all of that, you'd have to spend more time on Shirou than you do on the actual, present day happenings. You could make an entire fic out of the pre-Nanoha backstory alone.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:41   Link #37790
Andarkoshi

Quote:
But there is a worry. To properly explain all of that, you'd have to spend more time on Shirou than you do on the actual, present day happenings. You could make an entire fic out of the pre-Nanoha backstory alone.
Well I plan to build it like this. For first season I will flesh out the bits on how he met Precia and how it came to him leaving her.

Second season will be his life in Nasu and Sakura's death [this is important because I'm kinda merging two universes so there will be Alternative version of Nasu characters living on Nano. And Shirou will at some point meet Nano Sakura]

It won't be until Strikers and Force that the full extent of his backstory in Nano will be revealed.
Old 2013-04-08, 08:43   Link #37791
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
@Northern.
Ah, okay. Thanks for answering. (Hopefully I won't offend you somehow. I can be really insensitive sometime, or so they say).
Come at me bro.

Quote:
You could make an entire fic out of the pre-Nanoha backstory alone.
This reminds me of my (awful) attempt at making an OC and playing around during the Ixpellia era of Nanoverse. It's fun considering how much you have to play with.

Just that it's so not-detailed-at-all that it's basically a free-for-all when it comes to fanon/canon.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 08:49   Link #37792
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernFallout View Post

This reminds me of my (awful) attempt at making an OC and playing around during the Ixpellia era of Nanoverse. It's fun considering how much you have to play with.

Just that it's so not-detailed-at-all that it's basically a free-for-all when it comes to fanon/canon.
You're not the only one. I basically built Due from scratch up, considering her short appearance in StrikerS. And then there's my interpretation of Jail...
Old 2013-04-08, 08:53   Link #37793
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

The Saint King Unification War reimagined in Game of Thrones style. Backstabbing and political intrigue everywhere.

Do it.

Old 2013-04-08, 09:31   Link #37794
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Quote:
The Saint King Unification War reimagined in Game of Thrones style. Backstabbing and political intrigue everywhere.

Do it.
You mean completely ignore the silliness of Vivid? BECAUSE I'M COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THAT.
Old 2013-04-08, 09:51   Link #37795
vic-vic

Quote:

Do it.
Wow, I hope you didn't abandone this project, since I really liked your Atoners series (especially Yuunoha part ).

By the way, guys I need some help with my Nanoha/Code Geass cross: I almost reached the part where Nanoha (and also Arisa and Suzuka) would have to take some steps toward magic. The problem is that in "Gathering of the Banners" mages forced to plat role akin to warcasters in Warmachine - a commander and buffer of his forces, because Earth special anti-magic weapon make normal MGLN magic redundant.

For now I have one idea: in upcoming KMF tournament Nanoha and co fall under attack from JLF, supported by leftover forces of occupied Belkan state and Nanoha/Arisa and Suzuka got saved by Yuuno magic.

But again Earthling is wary of magic and despise mages (which actually make them a brutal hypocrites, since it was Earth - Japan, to be specific - fire a first shot).

What do you think? I gladly listen to any suggestion.
vic-vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 09:58   Link #37796
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
You mean completely ignore the silliness of Vivid? BECAUSE I'M COMPLETELY OKAY WITH THAT.
Well, it's possible to include it, but I was never one for... canon consistency. Especially since I've never included anything beyond StrikerS timeline.

*cough*

Quote:
Originally Posted by vic-vic View Post
Wow, I hope you didn't abandone this project, since I really liked your Atoners series (especially Yuunoha part ).
Hmmm... Atoners? You might be confusing me with someone else. I can't recall a fic by that name, though, I'm known for my bad memory.

And I'm not working on anything related to my quote, btw. I'm afraid that's far beyond what I can do with my skills.

Old 2013-04-08, 14:53   Link #37797
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Hi here guys, new in there too, and I finally decided to make an accunt hoping to finally be able to write something more than just few ideas and notes.

I'm trying to write up a Shirou adopts Fate fic too inspire by Old Iron's vajira. My idea is of having a post HF bad ending (Sakura is dead, Shirou's in fake body and abandoned his ideal to save everyone) Shirou in his early thirties go to Uminari to check on a family of vampires living in there as one of the 'odd jobs' he does from time to time to earn some moneys, and, after a little scuffle involving swords with some certain resident swordsmen and seeing that his targets are harmless, he decides to stay there for a while in order to take a break from his life as a magus.
Then season one happens and he gets involved in the Jewel Seed incident during its later phase, deciding to give an hand protecting the city from the dangerous artifacts while keeping an eye for the daughter and sister of two of his most recent friends, finally meeting Fate and becoming interested in her uppon seeing her so desperate to get the Seeds.

Pretty much my idea is to have them bond over their condition of one being a rejected clone and the other being a 'faker in a fake body'.

So, what do you think?

I also have this wierd idea of a Digimon Tamers-Nanoha crossover in which Lucemon gets his hands on the deleted defence program of the Book of Darkness, but i'm still not sure about how it would work out.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 15:06   Link #37798
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
I liked that idea. Probably cause there are Shirou/Nanoha fics around....

Pity Shirou doesn't have Avalon anymore...
Old 2013-04-08, 15:14   Link #37799
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kireen View Post
Hi here guys, new in there too, and I finally decided to make an accunt hoping to finally be able to write something more than just few ideas and notes.

I'm trying to write up a Shirou adopts Fate fic too inspire by Old Iron's vajira. My idea is of having a post HF bad ending (Sakura is dead, Shirou's in fake body and abandoned his ideal to save everyone) Shirou in his early thirties go to Uminari to check on a family of vampires living in there as one of the 'odd jobs' he does from time to time to earn some moneys, and, after a little scuffle involving swords with some certain resident swordsmen and seeing that his targets are harmless, he decides to stay there for a while in order to take a break from his life as a magus.
Then season one happens and he gets involved in the Jewel Seed incident during its later phase, deciding to give an hand protecting the city from the dangerous artifacts while keeping an eye for the daughter and sister of two of his most recent friends, finally meeting Fate and becoming interested in her uppon seeing her so desperate to get the Seeds.

Pretty much my idea is to have them bond over their condition of one being a rejected clone and the other being a 'faker in a fake body'.

So, what do you think?

I also have this wierd idea of a Digimon Tamers-Nanoha crossover in which Lucemon gets his hands on the deleted defence program of the Book of Darkness, but i'm still not sure about how it would work out.
An untold route similar to HF, but not one. It has potential, but you need to clarify how close it is to other bad ends and have a lot of logical details, in both the past events and present, or the Nasuverse fans will eat you alive.

For instance, if Shirou abandoned his ideas to save Sakura and failed, in every ending where that happened he became a broken shell who would have committed suicide. If Shirou clung to his idea to save everyone, he'd kill Sakura and go through something similar to the Mind of Steel bad ending from HF, where he follows his beliefs to the end and becomes similar to his father, in which case he would most like eliminate Nanoha, Yuuno, Arf, and just about everyone else to ensure no one got their hands on the seeds. Replace Maiya with Fate and you got the Second Magus Killer.

As for the family of vampires, you have to remember that Nasuverse vampires are for the most part monsters beyond salvation. You get a few exceptions, but one of those is a True Ancestor, the other is a Mental Alchemist...and Sacchan.

On the Nanoha side of things, you'd have to explain how the TSAB, an agency that manages mages managed to overlook an entire society when they have advanced technology upon arrival. Not to mention integrating the two styles of magic, considering they don't have the same ranking system and you'll have to get the power levels right during combat. Remember, Shirou is a Spellcaster, which is a magus who doesn't follow the norm or have formal training, so he'd be a horrible teacher without counting in the fact that he's only good at being a Faker, while Fate uses Mid-Style, which specializes in bombardment and mathematics.

Overall, it has very high potential, but mixing them improperly will bring you more grief since Nasuverse fans are quite loud and remorseless and it'll stress you out unless you have thick skin and...well, a mind of steel.

Last edited by Twi; 2013-04-08 at 15:27.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-08, 18:20   Link #37800
Kireen
Uchuu Kaizoku

Quote:
Pity Shirou doesn't have Avalon anymore...
In exchange he gets a fairly sturdier body that can be 'repaired', but tends to get les responsive when he uses too much prana.
Quote:
An untold route similar to HF, but not one. It has potential, but you need to clarify how close it is to other bad ends and have a lot of logical details, in both the past events and present, or the Nasuverse fans will eat you alive.
It's quite similar to the true ending, with the difference that Rider and Saber Alter killed each other (Rider dies a little later to have Shirou be the winner of the war), then it proceeds normally until Sakura goes berserk and Shirou is not able to use Rule Breaker in time, losing her body and mind to Avenger.
From there Shirou and Rin team up to fight against the new born Avenger using Zelretch and Archer's arm, but not managing to do much against him. They only manage to win thanks to an opening caused from Sakura getting back in control for few seconds and imploring them to kill her, because seeing them die by her hand would be more painfull than death itself, allowing Shirou to stab her with a traced Excalibur, destoying Avenger and the Greater Grail with the Excaliblast at the cost of practically killing himself because of the stress on his body and circuits.
In the instant in which she is stabbed Sakura tells him that she was happy to have been loved by him, and wishes for him to be happy (not knowing that he was pretty much going to die as well). Then Illya proceed to sacrifice herself in order to completely seal the Greater Grail forever and save Shirou.
Shirou then gets his new artificial body and he is reduced to a broken shell unlil Rin litteraly kicks some sense in him by telling him to not waste Illaya's sacrifice and to not deny her sister last wish. From there he gradually starts to recover, becoming a new matured Shirou that vaules his life (Illya's last gift) that had given up on saving everyone, but will still do his best to save the people he cares for.
For what he does in between the HGW and the Jewel Seed incident, he maily works as a freelance magus, hunting down Dead Apostles and things along the lines (His abiliteis are more combat related and he uses them to earn a living, and habits are hard to die), while travelng around the world to find something tha makes him feel realized and happy.
Quote:
If Shirou clung to his idea to save everyone, he'd kill Sakura and go through something similar to the Mind of Steel bad ending from HF, where he follows his beliefs to the end and becomes similar to his father, in which case he would most like eliminate Nanoha, Yuuno, Arf, and just about everyone else to ensure no one got their hands on the seeds. Replace Maiya with Fate and you got the Second Magus Killer.
I duuno why but i like this scenario a lot.
Quote:
As for the family of vampires, you have to remember that Nasuverse vampires are for the most part monsters beyond salvation. You get a few exceptions, but one of those is a True Ancestor, the other is a Mental Alchemist...and Sacchan.
Yeah, I can make the Tsukimuras some other type of beings, but i just wanted to give a TH3 reference. Or else i can say that are humas white rare abiliteis that have been misunderstood for DA or something like that. But then again, i'm here to see if i can get some suggestions to start writing up the while thing.
Quote:
On the Nanoha side of things, you'd have to explain how the TSAB, an agency that manages mages managed to overlook an entire society when they have advanced technology upon arrival. Not to mention integrating the two styles of magic, considering they don't have the same ranking system and you'll have to get the power levels right during combat. Remember, Shirou is a Spellcaster, which is a magus who doesn't follow the norm or have formal training, so he'd be a horrible teacher without counting in the fact that he's only good at being a Faker, while Fate uses Mid-Style, which specializes in bombardment and mathematics.
Well, the magi tends to be quite good at hiding, and I immagine that the TSAB is only familiar with ther own kind of magic, so it would make detecting someone who uses magic circuits instead of a linker-core more difficult for them.
As for the two magic systems, I see them as two separate entities that are not incompatible, one can have a linker-core, magic circuits or booth, what it's needed is the training and knowledge to use them, but i admit that i'm still working on that.
As for the teaching part, i see Shirou more as physical combat teacher, leaving the magical side to the TSAB academy, and maybe having her and the rest of the gang teach him something about their style if I decide to give him a linker-core. In the case someone wants to learn about magecraft, I think that in more than a decade he managed to pick up something from Rin and the other people he might have seen during that time, extending his skill set a bit, but then again what i have are only notes at the moment.
Quote:
Overall, it has very high potential, but mixing them improperly will bring you more grief since Nasuverse fans are quite loud and remorseless and it'll stress you out unless you have thick skin and...well, a mind of steel.
Well, thanks, I'll see what i can come up with.
Kireen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha