AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-26, 10:24   Link #3641
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

If the alternative involves invoking the Moral Guardians' wrath? Yes.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 06:21   Link #3642
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Death Note was three cours, and you have to go all the way back to what, 2004 for Monster? The more I think on this the more worried I get.
The most recent late-night anime that ran longer than 3 cours that i can remember is NANA (47 episodes, 2006-2007).
If Madhouse is lucky, maybe they get 4 cours to finish HxH, i think that would be enough to cover up to chapter 339 (there's no point in covering 340 now).

The pacing does seem to be speeding up lately, compared to when this arc began.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 09:30   Link #3643
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post
The most recent late-night anime that ran longer than 3 cours that i can remember is NANA (47 episodes, 2006-2007).
If Madhouse is lucky, maybe they get 4 cours to finish HxH, i think that would be enough to cover up to chapter 339 (there's no point in covering 340 now).

That. I think the last part of the arc, in particular, will allow for speeding up things a bit. I mean

Spoiler for Manga spoiler:

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 20:47   Link #3644
Uribatake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goty View Post

There was also Golgo 13, which ran for four consecutive cours from 2008 to 2009.

When I said it would take about 50 episodes for the anime to cover the manga up to chapter 339, I was making a rough estimate based on the fact that there are about 10 and a half volumes left to cover, and episodes 76-97 only adapted a little over 3 and a half volumes. Even if the show picks up the pace, 2 or 3 more cours won't be enough to do the rest of the Chimera Ants arc and the next one justice.

Last edited by Uribatake; 2013-09-28 at 10:09. Reason: accuracy
Uribatake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 06:14   Link #3645
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uribatake View Post
There was also Golgo 13, which ran for four consecutive cours from 2008 to 2009.
Right, from what i remembered Golgo 13 aired at 10/11pm, which i didn't count as late night anime, but upon further inspection, that was the "best selection" broadcast.

Anyway, i've been wondering what caused this. Ratings actually raised a bit when this arc started, and they definitely wouldn't change the timeslot willingly, if it means losing viewers and sponsors. Same thing happened to Kekkaishi, but that was due to falling ratings. Kekkaishi got only one cour after the change IIRC, and it also aired on NTV..

Last edited by Goty; 2013-09-28 at 06:36.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 07:24   Link #3646
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Blegh, all this speculation is making me feel depressed. Every hypothesis is even more depressing than the last.
Old 2013-09-28, 08:27   Link #3647
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, I finally realised who the Spider girl reminds me of:

Spoiler for space:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-28, 23:44   Link #3648
MCAL

So now Hunter x Hunter will be moving to late night next week. Judging by translation times, this will translate to it being available at around noon on Monday where I live (New York).

Nice set up episode though, filled with biting satire, back door politics and tough moral decisions. I can't can't wait to see what's in store.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 03:33   Link #3649
ookamigirl

Killua sure did a lot of explaining.
It was only Gon who felt overwhelmed by the new info.
Think they overdid it with so much info.
Not much was going on until the very episode end.
Looks like this was just an intro episode.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 10:59   Link #3650
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, isn't it good that they got all this exposition out of the way now so as not to interrupt the action later?
Old 2013-09-29, 11:57   Link #3651
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 98-
Spoiler for part 1:

-------------------
Spoiler for part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 18:07   Link #3652
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's funny, they added a wet-haired shirtless Gon scene where one doesn't exist in the manga, and didn't use one for Killua even though it does. Who said this was a faithful adaptation?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 19:15   Link #3653
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
It's funny, they added a wet-haired shirtless Gon scene where one doesn't exist in the manga, and didn't use one for Killua even though it does. Who said this was a faithful adaptation?
Trivial as it is, I'm actually more curious about the thought process that goes into completely non-consequential alterations like this one, haha. With the bigger stuff, it's usually pretty easy to deduce why the staff might have done it, but tiny cosmetic changes almost seem like they'd take more work to incorporate.

That aside, I'm enjoying my weekly dose of super-blatant political satire.
Old 2013-09-29, 20:16   Link #3654
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yeah, the psychology is subtle with Togashi, but he's really making it pretty clear with the political stuff with "Ming Jol-ik" . He even named on of his flunkies "Marcos", just to get a shot in at another Asian tinpot dictator.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-29, 21:38   Link #3655
MCAL

Seems last week's Hunter x Hunter episode made it to the top ten... But we may never see it there again.

EDIT: That rhyme was unintentional

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-09-29 at 23:02.
Old 2013-09-30, 07:20   Link #3656
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Seems last week's Hunter x Hunter episode made it to the top ten... But we may never see it there again.

EDIT: That rhyme was unintentional
Geez, what's with all the pessimism flying around? Let's put a bit of trust in the franchise ! What would have you said if they told you in 2008 that they would have made a complete remake of Fullmetal Alchemist, not only faithful to the manga, but synched to end together with it, and it would have grown to be one of the most praised anime series ever? What if they had told you that in 2012 a minor studio with a low budget would have done an anime out of an already partly adapted archaeological piece of manga history and turn it into the pop phenomenon that was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? Hell, even this HXH remake seemed to say the least an odd beast when they announced it. Remaking an entire long-running shonen series from scratch? How queer, they hadn't gone that far even with Dragonball Kai.

My point is, sometimes logic works, but not always - success and sales of a series are not directly proportional only to its timeslot, production values etc., but are also controlled by random factors. Namely, we can't be sure HXH won't stay good enough even at night for it to keep airing as much as it needs to. They must know what the risks are, so honestly, I doubt they would deny themselves more money just to avoid showing some gruesome scenes - they've already shown a lot, it's hardly going to be worse from now on. And I guess they would rather do some censorship, if it came at that. Maybe the timeslot change took place simply because they realized that the target audience ended up being more adult than what they previously suspected and they thought it was worth the risk.

Either way, I simply hope they plan ahead. I'm not such a die hard fan of the manga that I couldn't withstand any cuts, if there was a reason for them. Not all Chimaera Ant arc is excellent material like the one we've seen - I think there's a slower part which *could* be shortened if push comes to shove. And that's my worst case scenario.

Old 2013-09-30, 09:43   Link #3657
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I'd say they're not so much random factors, but unknown factors: IE audience behavior.
Old 2013-09-30, 10:25   Link #3658
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I'd say they're not so much random factors, but unknown factors: IE audience behavior.
Yeah, that's what I meant - so unknown we can consider them random to all practical purposes .

Old 2013-10-06, 14:43   Link #3659
noktown

So,no episode this week ?Lame...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-08, 13:47   Link #3660
MCAL

And so begins Hunter x Hunter's foray into late night territory.

In case anyone is wondering, Hunter x Hunter is being released by Crunchyroll at Tuesday 2:00 PM EDT. So it is already out.

Tags
action, shounen