AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2016-06-13, 21:36   Link #2181
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Credit to them, they did make God of War seem interesting to me. That's pretty impressive.

A new Spider-Man game seems like a good move and nice to have a different studio working on one.

Zero Dawn still looks good. Looking forward to playing that when it comes out.

A pretty ok conference. This E3 has basically had that "just ok" feel to it and this was pretty much there.
Old 2016-06-13, 21:54   Link #2182
Galaxian

Horizon still the most interesting PS4 game in the... Horizon. #RegretNothing

Spidey game looks interesting and it's nice to have a release date for The Last Guardian, which we now know must refer to the boy since we see two griffins in the trailer.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 21:56   Link #2183
MCAL

I for one am glad Sony's way of dealing with Kojima was to give him a bag of money and let him do whatever.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-13, 22:06   Link #2184
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Yeah, there's no way that ends on a gigantic ego trip and all around bad experience, right? right?
Old 2016-06-13, 22:13   Link #2185
Freeter
beyond

Kojima gonna Kojima. I'll give the guy credit though, he's always full of surprises. Gotta wonder how that meeting with Reedus went though. "I'm going to be naked with a baby on an umbilical cord and we're surrounded by giant crabs? SIGN ME UP!"

Horizon just fused Watch Dogs with Zelda U and became x1000 more interesting. Nintendo, you'd better have some surprises up your sleeve with this new Zelda to top this.

Still not sold on VR. Nice to see RE7 fully playable with it though. At least that will provide a fresh spin on things.

That Crash hype deflation Geez guys, maybe you should have just done a Kickstarter instead

Not sure how I feel about The Last of Kratos. Is the kid going to be shown off to the side while he procreates?
Old 2016-06-13, 22:53   Link #2186
Wandering Soul

I'm not going to lie, I let out a small fanboy squeal when I saw God of War.

Horizon still looks pretty cool and a new Spider-man game sounds interesting.

I see Kojima is still Kojima and hasn't cut ties with his drug dealer yet.

Overall this conference was "ok".
Old 2016-06-13, 23:04   Link #2187
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Aside from the new God of War this was Sony's weakest conference in my opinion since like 2012.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 00:48   Link #2188
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm not going to lie, I let out a small fanboy squeal when I saw God of War.

Horizon still looks pretty cool and a new Spider-man game sounds interesting.

I see Kojima is still Kojima and hasn't cut ties with his drug dealer yet.

Overall this conference was "ok".
Watching through that God of War video again was pretty interesting. This is one of the first God of War games that has gotten my interest. Would have been really easy and probably successful to do more of the same. Have him go nuts after another group of gods or monsters. Instead they seem to want to tell more story and have the MC actually go through a dramatic change. Has my interest.

Horizon just looks as cool as it did last year. A really interesting setting and looks like a fun game to play. Seems like they've got a good thing going there.

I'm always up for another Spider-Man game and the information released after gives me a lot of hope. Not a movie tie-in which is a godsend. Just telling their own original Spider-Man story. Curious to see what they'll come up with.

Not a lot of surprises or knocked out of my seat moments, but such is. I'm glad they didn't try to bore everyone to sleep with more business updates and crap. Just focused on the games, showed some trailers, and let that say what had to be said.
Old 2016-06-14, 01:25   Link #2189
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Sony destroyed MS last year with that FFVII/TLG/Shenmue triple team. Good to see a less one sides presentation this year.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 08:33   Link #2190
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Sony destroyed MS last year with that FFVII/TLG/Shenmue triple team. Good to see a less one sides presentation this year.
Did any of those even come out yet? Because if not, that's a case of all style and no substance. And I say that as someone who owns a PS4 and hates Xbox.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 14:27   Link #2191
Dextro
He Without a Title

I'm still watching the Sony presentation now but God of War looks sweet and I like that they're hinting toward the nordic pantheon. I for one want to see Kratos go toe to toe with Thor

Also Horizon and Detroit look great. That and Kojima is out of his rocker still
Old 2016-06-14, 14:40   Link #2192
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Didnt care for God of War, now I do.

Aside from that, what the hell Kojima!? I'm not mad about him making a really really wierd game, I'm just kind of not happy that it's Kojima making it. If this turn out bad, it will just make it less likely to get any innovation in the space. Ohwell, at least it's a different game... hopefully.
Old 2016-06-14, 15:39   Link #2193
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
It's all about that hand attempting to reach out.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 15:50   Link #2194
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

The new God of War looks really good. I might get that game.

Will keep an eye on Resident Evil VII. I like that it went back to survival horror. I played RE 4 and skipped RE 5 and RE 6 but action oriented RE wasn't really RE to me.

I don't want PS VR, not at the moment, especially not for $400, but that X-Wing mission might be a really cool experience.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2016-06-14 at 18:21.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 18:19   Link #2195
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post

Aside from that, what the hell Kojima!? I'm not mad about him making a really really wierd game, I'm just kind of not happy that it's Kojima making it. If this turn out bad, it will just make it less likely to get any innovation in the space. Ohwell, at least it's a different game... hopefully.
Yeah, that's my feeling with God of War. It wasn't a series that I cared that much about before....but now I'm actually curious to try this one out. Like the idea of Kratos traveling all around the Norse world with his son. The kid picking up skills and getting more powerful while Kratos himself through it develops more of his humanity and struggles against his own rage.

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck that Kojima thing was. Props to him for going full weird...
Old 2016-06-14, 18:24   Link #2196
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

I am not interested in the new Kojima game. Trailer was...stupid, I guess. Just weird stuff.

But I'll see what it looks like in future trailers and previews. Maybe it'll be pretty good. But I'm not optimistic after seeing such a strange trailer.

Last edited by Urzu 7; 2016-06-14 at 18:36.
Urzu 7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 19:39   Link #2197
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Did any of those even come out yet? Because if not, that's a case of all style and no substance. And I say that as someone who owns a PS4 and hates Xbox.
I believe they gave TLG a release date of October 25th during the conference, so that's something.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-14, 22:52   Link #2198
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
It's still one sided, general impressions is that Sony has the best presentation of all of the conference this year. Personally I think they definitely have the better formula out of the 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Erm lets be realistic here, with the exception of Last Guardian the other two had probably only started development very recently. FFVIIR footage seems like it's coming along fine, but a non-AAA game like Shenmu would take longer.

Speaking of which, we finally have the release date for Last Guardian.

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-06-15, 08:31   Link #2199
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
It's still one sided, general impressions is that Sony has the best presentation of all of the conference this year. Personally I think they definitely have the better formula out of the 5.
Frankly even if they were as "bad" as microsoft's sony had a freakin' live orchestra they would have won e3 with that alone.

As for things not being released yet, unreleased interesting games is still better then nothing at all or really boring games. With things being forward compatible it doesn't feel like a big issue either.

Also not to be mean to microsoft or anything, but it feels like sony didnt need to do anything special since they're still picking their ass off the ground from the tv xbox to this day. When it comes to PS4 I hear interest or passing curiosity, but when xbox comes up in discussion with friends, even among the crowd that is more into the type of stuff microsoft puts out, the general comment goes along the lines of "it's really bad isn't it?" and that seems to have just have migrated from xbox one to the new xbox one S. I think right now microsoft should just shove scorpio out the door and rename the entire thing just "scorpio" since the xbox brand needs time to exit the public concious as being "xbox one."
Old 2016-06-15, 08:40   Link #2200
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm lets be realistic here, with the exception of Last Guardian the other two had probably only started development very recently. FFVIIR footage seems like it's coming along fine, but a non-AAA game like Shenmu would take longer.
Let's be realistic here as well, Nintendo gets roasted for presenting games that won't come out before the next E3 and Sony gets a pass. I'm just being fair.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote