Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-23, 13:10   Link #5221
Ridwan

I place my bet on plot-kai.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:12   Link #5222
arkhangelsk

It is possible that the themed schools somehow get sponsors, but I'm not sure if the fundamental problem is funding rather than most of them finding enough people to man more than ten tanks.

Remember. 18 out of 9000+. And that was after every bribe was used. Even if we assume that Oarai, not having a tank program attracts a lower percentage of potential Tankers, it is still not hard to imagine that for all of Japan's efforts to push the program, for the most part it is not going so well.

And of course, a small team means little chance to win, and so money is reasonably not invested in it, which obviously does not attract more recruits, and the loop continues.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 13:29   Link #5223
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

I was thinking the idea of Senshado was popular but then realized that the girls talking about it the most in the first episode were the freshmen that became Rabbit Team.

On the other hand, what would they do if they got 100 girls in the group from the start? They only had one tank in the hanger and even if they found all the tanks they wouldn't have enough tanks to go around. Even if all eight tanks were crewed to capacity (assuming they stuck a seventh in the M3 Lee) they would only need 38 people.

Black Forest Peak, with all those tanks only need 97 people to run them in the Finals. Though they do have more tanks as they have at least four more Panzer IIIs in there hanger and possibly a second Tiger I (Miho's) plus maybe a Panzer IV and a StuG III of their own.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:47   Link #5224
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I'm inclined to think, and this has been brought up by other posters before, that even if Oarai doesn't win in the match against Black Forest, enough interest will have been generated in the Sensha-do program for Oarai Academy to be saved.

I'm also betting, that even with a loss, Miho will get some reconciliation with her family. Also, Erika is still in a bad need of a good spanking.

Endless "Spank you, Ma'am" Soul
Old 2013-03-23, 13:47   Link #5225
Marina2

I hope we will find out about "the problem" in one of the rest OVAs.
Old 2013-03-23, 14:37   Link #5226
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
When you say "reality", I assume you mean disregarding the sub-par performance of the Blackforest crews?
Exactly why I'm not going to bother arguing. It's no use when there is such a large difference in perceptions. I'll just let people think whatever they want regardless of whether they have any idea what the situation was.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 18:04   Link #5227
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Soul View Post
I'm inclined to think, and this has been brought up by other posters before, that even if Oarai doesn't win in the match against Black Forest, enough interest will have been generated in the Sensha-do program for Oarai Academy to be saved.
Admittedly, it would be pretty nice if an international organisation steps in and expresses interest in funding Ooarai. *cough cough* Season two possibility! *cough cough* If a second season ever were to be made, I would be quite curious to see whether or not Ooarai would face off against international teams (should those exist).
Old 2013-03-23, 18:07   Link #5228
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForwardUntoDawn View Post
I would be quite curious to see whether or not Ooarai would face off against international teams (should those exist).
They do. Their existence is more or less implied in episode 1, with the International Competitions.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 18:27   Link #5229
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well Germany would have at least one person there that would cheer for Miho's victory over Maho. But would probably be happy just that Miho is out from under Maho and Shiho's style.

And she would really like to fight Miho and by extention Ooarai's Teams. Can't do that if Ooarai is closed down.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:43   Link #5230
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Well Germany would have at least one person there that would cheer for Miho's victory over Maho. But would probably be happy just that Miho is out from under Maho and Shiho's style.

And she would really like to fight Miho and by extention Ooarai's Teams. Can't do that if Ooarai is closed down.
If they face off against international teams, one of my pipe dreams would be watching the matches being held in their native languages. For instance, facing off against an American team would have the Americans speak English and so forth. Since I'm dreaming, I'd also like to see these teams use more military jargon and have call signs

Quote:
All callsigns, this is Idaho Actual. Ooarai tanks reported up ahead.
Idaho 3-3 to Idaho 3-1. See anything? Report. Out.
Idaho 3-1 this is 3-3 on your six, good day for blowing stuff up.

Incoming! They've got us zeroed in!
Old 2013-03-23, 18:47   Link #5231
gaiar31

gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 18:51   Link #5232
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX-78GP04G Gerbera View Post
Yeah, you can have as much superior tech and equipment as you want, but if you don't have a good, trained (and experienced can help too) crew to man that equipment, than unless the tech is just THAT vastly superior, then it won't make as great a difference against slightly inferior tech, but with a well-trained, experienced crew manning it.
Tactics is king. As the Americans and British were wont to say, even if they had switched equipment with the Iraqi forces during the Gulf War, they would still have won with ease.

Quote:

I think that it's safe to say if there's a second season of Girls und Panzer, Ooarai will still be around. I can't imagine them changing the school if only for real-world reasons.

Quote:
If they face off against international teams, one of my pipe dreams would be watching the matches being held in their native languages. For instance, facing off against an American team would have the Americans speak English (and since I'm dreaming, use military jargon like 'phase line', 'rally point' and cool call signs!) and so forth.
I don't think that anyone wants to see a bunch of Japanese voice actresses pretend that they can speak good German, or god forbid - Russian. English should sound better, but they're not going to go that extra step for just one team. The creators only made an exception for Pravda because of Uesaka Sumire.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:55   Link #5233
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Tactics is king. As the Americans and British were wont to say, even if they had switched equipment with the Iraqi forces during the Gulf War, they would still have won with ease.
Wow, do you honestly believe that? I know we're on the "training is important kick" but .. no, just no. When you can reduce fighting the enemy to just clicking dots.. when your own firepower, technology and forces are so amazing and so superior you do more damage via friendly fire than the enemy does ..

Sometimes training, guts and pride get crushed by the massive powerful unstoppable force of superior firepower.
Old 2013-03-23, 18:57   Link #5234
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
I don't think that anyone wants to see a bunch of Japanese voice actresses pretend that they can speak good German, or god forbid - Russian. English should sound better, but they're not going to go that extra step for just one team. The creators only made an exception for Pravda because of Uesaka Sumire.
Only way my pipe dream becomes a reality, mate, is if we get some native English voice actors to do the job. Now...logistically speaking, why do you think I keep calling this a pipe dream? (Or, a better question might be: am I not permitted to dream or reasonably partake in discussion here? )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerklein View Post
I bet Miho will become like this if Oorai lose the tournament =))
Spoiler for :
This would be über amusing, although I'm not inclined to see such an outcome.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:02   Link #5235
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

That's not the HMS Invincible. That's the JMSDF Hyuga Japan's modern aircraft carrer that isn't an aircraft carrier (cough).

(Another way to tell. Find a stern view of the two. Invincible has three cutout in the stern...Hyuga has one...just like the carrier in the picture.)

Last edited by Ithekro; 2013-03-23 at 19:16.
Ithekro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 19:06   Link #5236
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Wow, do you honestly believe that? I know we're on the "training is important kick" but .. no, just no. When you can reduce fighting the enemy to just clicking dots.. when your own firepower, technology and forces are so amazing and so superior you do more damage via friendly fire than the enemy does ..

Sometimes training, guts and pride get crushed by the massive powerful unstoppable force of superior firepower.
Speech from Eric Shinseki:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-20...-PgE1447-3.htm

Money quote:
"As one division commander proclaimed, we could have traded equipment with the Iraqis and still beat them in 100 hours. That may sound like vain boasting, but his point was that our professional education system and the professionalism of our soldiers and their leaders were the foundations of our warfighting prowess--not technology."

Quote:
Only way my pipe dream becomes a reality, mate, is if we get some native English voice actors to do the job. Now...logistically speaking, why do you think I keep calling this a pipe dream? (Or, a better question might be: am I not permitted to dream or reasonably partake in discussion here? )
It was a joke, but I'm already inwardly cringing.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:11   Link #5237
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

As for an International tournament, it would be interesting if they had the other countries speak their native language, but the problem one runs into with anime is that the writers don't know the language and the voice actors either have a bad habit of not correcting the speech to sound natural, or due to the top down way of Japanese society, can't argue that the language doesn't sound like that to the director.

The other problem would the few characters that are suppose to be bilingual might no come off that way. Miho's German friend speaks clear Japanese in the Manga, yet should be able to speak even clearer German. And of course there are the Japanese girls from the various schools that sometimes speak other languages...usually poorly (aside from Nonna of course).

Though the subtitles would be wild.
Old 2013-03-23, 19:49   Link #5238
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Which is nonsense, since most of it is due to the existence of air power. That's what always ticks me off: Each branch things it won the war by itself.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 20:12   Link #5239
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Which is nonsense, since most of it is due to the existence of air power. That's what always ticks me off: Each branch things it won the war by itself.
It should be clear enough: American armoured warfare makes extensive use of air power, evidenced by the lack of highly mobile, short-range anti-air systems to accompany their armour. As per Battlefield 3, God bless Hydra 70 rockets!

Quote:
As for an International tournament, it would be interesting if they had the other countries speak their native language, but the problem one runs into with anime is that the writers don't know the language and the voice actors either have a bad habit of not correcting the speech to sound natural, or due to the top down way of Japanese society, can't argue that the language doesn't sound like that to the director.

The other problem would the few characters that are suppose to be bilingual might no come off that way. Miho's German friend speaks clear Japanese in the Manga, yet should be able to speak even clearer German. And of course there are the Japanese girls from the various schools that sometimes speak other languages...usually poorly (aside from Nonna of course).

Though the subtitles would be wild.
Truth be told, a multi-lingual anime would be incredibly difficult to produce to a satisfactory standard. Of course, assuming they could produce it, the subtitles would be a nightmare more than anything: there are very few who are completely sufficiently fluent in all English, French, German, Russian and Mandarin Chinese (some of the teams I would have liked to see) to make it work.

Quote:
It was a joke, but I'm already inwardly cringing.
Fair enough: all is forgiven
Old 2013-03-23, 20:21   Link #5240
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Speech from Eric Shinseki:
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-20...-PgE1447-3.htm

Money quote:
"As one division commander proclaimed, we could have traded equipment with the Iraqis and still beat them in 100 hours. That may sound like vain boasting, but his point was that our professional education system and the professionalism of our soldiers and their leaders were the foundations of our warfighting prowess--not technology."
So .. okay? Keep in mind that reference to the division commander quote in that speech was to make the point: The U.S. army does not depend on it's technology

Where does Eric actually go ahead and says he agrees with that boastful statement? I'm confused, do you personally actually believe your previous statement? If the Iraqis had air power/superiority, a massive logistics system and all that jazz .. that the U.S. would still stomp them?

This reminds me of the Green Beret vs. Spetznas episode of "The Deadliest Warrior" where the ex-Green Berets kept talking about their training, their education .. and then they met the cold-blooded, dead-in-the-eyes Spetznas sniper and admitted that they found them scary.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks