AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Amagami SS

Notices

Old 2010-07-04, 20:44   Link #281
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC3alpha View Post
fixed it for you.
As far as I know, it's 24 episodes and not 26, right?
Old 2010-07-04, 20:46   Link #282
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefeared View Post
I think the best thing is to just not look at anime relationships with reality tinted glasses.
Gee whiz, I'm starting to wonder just what exactly is the prerequisite for being labeled an "airhead" these days, especially since last season had a girl who was standing on that thin line between airhead|not-airhead. Or is the term "airhead" another of those things that are being twisted these days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
It would be a shame if Kaoru's arc is coming up next. I'm the type to save the best for last, and was hoping we'd get to see her arc at episode 20-24.
I actually felt she was going to come sooner rather than later, that kind of feeling where the close female friend just can't get any closer than that, which history wasn't so kind to show us in equal terms previously. But I'm the kind of guy who eats the stuffed crust last on that Pizza Hut special, so.... wait, that's the normal way to eat that pizza
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 20:50   Link #283
ueXia

All the girls go really steamy in the PS2 game (even if they are shy as hell) ...
but I wonder HOW steamy Karou goes, she's got "smexy" written all over her face *coughandhair
ueXia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:25   Link #284
Edge Meltdown
AxS HxM TxA RxS JxK HxM

Quote:
As far as I know, it's 24 episodes and not 26, right?
I thought it was 26... oh well, here's for me hoping
Edge Meltdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 21:48   Link #285
Francismeunier
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
The first girl is kinda annoying me, even though she's not romantically interested
What are you talking about? Her eyes are so romantic and charming. On top of that she has that kinky feel.
Quote:
she's suppose to be a friend at the very least and she's way too nonchalant with rejecting him.
She rejected him because she likes older people and he is one class younger than her. I think it was just a tease she gave him with her blushing and expressions. She liked him more for his quality in being kind.
Quote:
On top of which she has no qualms with abusing his kindness... she's either an airhead or a bitch?
Not really abusing his kindness if anything she is just a teaser girl like some girls in clubs plain and simple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ueXia View Post
All the girls go really steamy in the PS2 game (even if they are shy as hell) ...
but I wonder HOW steamy Karou goes, she's got "smexy" written all over her face *coughandhair
Oh wow you made a avatar of that scene! Nice one...I am impressed!
Kaorou looks the wild type to me. PS2 has no hentai in it so I am assuming the little ecchi this series is going to have will be just a service to fans.

Regardless it will be all about beauty is what I am hearing around.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 22:23   Link #286
FateAnomaly

For some strange reason i got bored of this even before i finish the OP.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-04, 23:31   Link #287
lesengirz
Detective

I want to be short with my words.

NEED MORE.

That's all
lesengirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 02:05   Link #288
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
For some strange reason i got bored of this even before i finish the OP.
Pretty much my sentiments.

I hope it gets better later on, else I don't see myself watching this for long.
Old 2010-07-05, 04:04   Link #289
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Best Amagami avatar as of yet.
& i'd use it if her sexy messy hair had good production value.

Quote:
It would be a shame if Kaoru's arc is coming up next. I'm the type to save the best for last, and was hoping we'd get to see her arc at episode 20-24.
Apart of me agrees with you, though then again i just want to hurry and see my favorite girl in action. Plus it'll be her arc while it's my birthday, so what a birthday gift. <3
Old 2010-07-05, 04:45   Link #290
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

^ Then let's hope they blow all their budget on Kaoru's arc. She deserves at least that much, because I believe most viewers are watching or heard of the anime because of her popularity (excluding those who read the manga or played the game, of course)
Old 2010-07-05, 05:06   Link #291
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

I think the division of arcs work well. Cramming all the best pieces at the end would make the initial episodes dull, and there are some girls you'd just want them earlier than later.

From what I see, the girls are pretty well divided. The japanese fandom seems to like Ai ( swimmer girl ) and Morishima the most, but on the English fandom side, there wasn't much interest going into Amagami on Morishima. It's more of a 50% Kaoru, 20% Ayatsuji, 15% Rihoko and 15% Ai, which makes up an even spread of the interest all over the arcs.

DragoonKain3 is one unfortunate victim of such , but I think it's works well overall for most people. There's 6 months of Amagami after all, better make the most of it.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:09   Link #292
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

The best part about the arc idea: no shipping.
Old 2010-07-05, 05:13   Link #293
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
QFT.

With this we don't have to hear annoyingly rabid shippers spoil the fun for everyone because they'll all have a shot at Junichi's pants.

The only downside will be how some will likely react with "Why was [name]'s arc done better than [name]'s?" rage complaints, but that's a small price to pay.
MeoTwister5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 05:49   Link #294
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Yeah well, who knows? Maybe the anime will troll all of us and make the final volume retcon everything by revealing the arcs as Tachibana's dreams while he was sleeping in that closet of his..!

Then all of a sudden, some new girl comes up. Oh the hilarity.

As for the popularity of characters, Kaoru is also popular among Japanese fans too. Ai (swimmer) and Haruka (senpai) are 1st and 2nd respectively, and Kaoru (sexy hair) is in third place. That's not bad at all.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-05, 06:55   Link #295
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
The only downside will be how some will likely react with "Why was [name]'s arc done better than [name]'s?" rage complaints, but that's a small price to pay.
Sure is a small price to pay, especially when that's better than the "Why wasn't ____'s arc done?" or the usual "Why didn't _____ get more/some screentime?"

I just hope the game get's tossed from here so we don't go through the "They didn't do ____ like in the game" kind of discussion
Old 2010-07-05, 07:02   Link #296
sgwc
I'm just a support char..

I wonder if kaoru will look like 5-10 years from now... I bet she'll look like Yuzuhara Haruka [to heart 2]. Her anime version of hair look like Haruka [TH2] if Haruka let her hair down.

The first time I look at the game cover which show all heroines at the back, i said "wow, that hair look gorgeous on her" then I hit her on my first play. Senpai is the last girl I hit because she is the 6th girl in the game.
Old 2010-07-05, 08:05   Link #297
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
Yeah well, who knows? Maybe the anime will troll all of us and make the final volume retcon everything by revealing the arcs as Tachibana's dreams while he was sleeping in that closet of his..!

Then all of a sudden, some new girl comes up. Oh the hilarity.
We still wouldn't get any shipping from that though, and that was my point.
Old 2010-07-05, 08:06   Link #298
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgwc View Post
I wonder if kaoru will look like 5-10 years from now... I bet she'll look like Yuzuhara Haruka [to heart 2]. Her anime version of hair look like Haruka [TH2] if Haruka let her hair down.
Wow, I knew I've seen Kaoru somewhere before, and that was it, Konomi-mama To Heart 2 holds a special place in my heart (as a translator, viewer, lousy first leaker:P), now how did I forget Haruka....

Ah, how many times must I say.... "that hair"....
Old 2010-07-05, 08:15   Link #299
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah yes the hot milf with the hair, oh how out right annoying it can be when the mind forgets such things.

and I was wondering who Kaoru was reminding me of these past few days, I kept thinking of Katase from B Gata H Kei but wasn't who I was thinking of.
Old 2010-07-05, 08:19   Link #300
Mentar
Banned

Before I started, I had only read several manga chapters about Ayatsuji (the iincho), and I found her character really intriguing. And since I love 99% of all characters voiced by Shizuka Itou, I was sure that Haruka would fit my tastes very well, either, and the first episode confirmed that very easily. Shizu-sama plus playful-flirty = win. So, these two characters already ensured that I'd have enough episodes to savor.

Kaoru seems like a tomboyish-aggressive type whose hobby it is to push girls to confess ... I can imagine that mixing this with romance of her own can become quite interesting. She's gonna have the second arc, so sign me up!

Ai (the young swimmer) had a relatively straightforward, but cute storyline of 3 manga chapters so far, and I find it hard not to like her. She also has a flirty-teasing streak which was quite adorable in combination with her mix of shyness and aggressiveness. Also quite up my alley.

I have doubts about the big-breasted companion dojikko (seems that a character like this MUST BE in every game lineup) Rihoko and the uber-timid first year unable to even buy bread, but alas, let's give them a chance.

In any case, I hope that this experiment works well, because it allows to avoid the main pitfall of 90% of the harems: Suddenly making an often wimpish and wussy male lead the object of irrepressible desire for a squadron of school idol/ojousama level bombshells for no perceivable reason whatsoever. Telling the story like Amagami reduces the lead to a character that is easier to identify with: A guy with flaws who actually needs to WORK for his love and doesn't get the world tossed into his lap to choose.

Definitely looking forward to more of this.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen, shounen