AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Old 2012-09-19, 11:31   Link #701
Eragon
Still Alive

^ Mugetsu and the DBZ-fication of Aizen in that arc was the worst thing that happened in Bleach , IMO. Plus, it was a one time thing. And Aizen needed Hogyoku to become that powerful. Also, Ichigo has hollow powers which were required, for him to get that powerful.
And let's not forget that he's the lead character of the series. So, it's a given that he will be have the most powerful weapon/ability.
Old 2012-09-19, 11:42   Link #702
kache
Asobo~
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's kind of hard to take this fight seriously. Yamamoto is ridiculously overpowered. He can destroy worlds and then have the souls of all those lives he destroyed come back to fight for him...

It's fun to see, but considering that there is no way Kubo is going to end his series with Ichigo stuck in a bubble while Old Man Yama destroys all the bad guys, all this power simply means Yamamoto will fail for some ridiculous reason in the not to distant future...
Yeah.
But maybe once, just once, Kubo will actually make an intelligent choice. *pointless dream*.

Watching at the moment: click on the image.

kache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 11:59   Link #703
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACE2001 View Post
WOOOOW!!! Just finished reading chapter 508. Things are definitely "heating up"!!! Lol. Yamamoto is "Man On Fire" or shall I say, Shinigami On Fire! Hehe. I can't wait to see what he'll do next. All this power he is releasing now makes me wonder why didn't he just destroy Aizen like how he's fighting this guy now?
he was using the most powerful attack he had in his shikai form, with those huge pillars of fire, which woulda been enough to kill him & Aizen probably...
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:08   Link #704
Xagzan

Hey hey, looks like we got a South after all Though he didn't really need to use it just yet. His first two abilities were kicking ass already.

Of course the old man is OP. But we've known that forever. It would honestly be disappointing if his bankai was any less than what it is.

Although, I am curious what those zombies will actually do.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:11   Link #705
Eragon
Still Alive

Would be interesting if most of them turn out to be Quincies.
Old 2012-09-19, 12:16   Link #706
metzler

Interesting chapter. I agree that there is something up with beanpole. Now how funny would it be if Kubo combined the powers and directions and had the CC use Southwest.
metzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:42   Link #707
itachi-san314

that was a pretty cool chapter even though i read it in about 30 seconds... i couldn't believe that was all there was to it at first, but I did like it so I'm not complaining. i just want to see more

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Also, with ZnT South revealed to be a massive summons of undead from hell that his sword killed, i expect that ZnT North would probably be a massive hellfire or sure-OHKO attack that will send people to hell lol. Kinda get that feeling, seeing how his East and West work.
i kind of thought the opposite. like if south resurrects the dead from hell, then perhaps north resurrects the dead from heaven or calls angels or perhaps even calls the zero squad... maybe it would be yama-jii's last ditch effort before he dies to call in squad zero to clean things up or at least send bach into a retreat for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
This really sucks. We have this epic bankai but you know what will defeat Juha in the end? Getsuga freaking tenshou.

Sigh
lol!, but i highly doubt getsuga will be enough this time. more likely, ichigo will learn quincy and/or squad zero/soul king powers
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:47   Link #708
Calca
Expressionless

After this chapter, how can we take getsuga tenshou seriously ever again?
Calca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 12:58   Link #709
Mangs
So sexy it hurts

Send a message via AIM to Mangs Send a message via MSN to Mangs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calca View Post
After this chapter, how can we take getsuga tenshou seriously ever again?
Did we ever take it seriously after the SS arc?
Old 2012-09-19, 13:01   Link #710
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangs View Post
Did we ever take it seriously after the SS arc?
Nope. Never.
Old 2012-09-19, 13:16   Link #711
Enishi316

Grandpa has up the latter for favorite character and he by far has the best Banki
Enishi316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:24   Link #712
metzler

Interesting to see CC bankai is Sun related and Ichigo's is Moon related. I want to see more and hate that I have to wait a whole week now.
metzler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 13:52   Link #713
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enishi316 View Post
Grandpa has up the latter for favorite character and he by far has the best Banki
Gotta wonder how smart it was to show it before Kyoraku's, Unohana's, and all those others, though. They're all going to look pathetic in comparison.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 14:00   Link #714
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inarius View Post
So you wanna talk about the most op bankai, think zangetsu as mugetsu is and still remains the most powerful attack in bleachverse to this day.
I think one could argue that Ichigo's bankai isn't necessarily what's OP--it's Ichigo and his insane potential + reiatsu that's OP. Because his bankai in and of itself is nothing special--even against Aizen his bankai didn't gain any new abilities that came off as amazingly broken. So anyone with enough reiatsu can & should be able to fight on an even level with him. Fortunately for Ichigo, there aren't many who are up to the task. Ichigo pretty much wins all his battles with shear brute force and sudden power ups. He doesn't have any cheap tricks or gimmicks to fall back on. Even FGT (for as powerful as it was) amounted to nothing more than a simple and straightforward giant blast of reiatsu. So it wouldn't be an OP attack unless Ichigo's unbeatable reiatsu was there to make the attack itself unbeatable.

Yamamoto's bankai (on the other hand) has definitely got its fair share of tricks to compliment his extraordinary power. I think Kubo might've seriously drawn some inspiration from the author who wrote that novel. Because just like the 8th Kenpachi, this bankai is definitely in a league of its own. Others we've seen don't even come close. Its kind of like Kubo was thinking way outside the box for this one. And I've got to say, I'm impressed. Raising the dead!? Jeez, that's far more than a mere extension of his shikai. That's just nuts. Here's to hoping the top 3 senior captains bankai's all follow suit to similar degree.

Last edited by sayde; 2012-09-19 at 14:15.
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-19, 15:21   Link #715
kitten320

Is it just me or starting with Shunsui Shinigami sword techniques became ridiculous?

Don't get me wrong, they are awesome but that's the problem. All swords until now were still weapons that only affected the sword.

But Shunsui's and Yama's affect their whole body and create god knows what... Well Aizen's was ridiculous too but this... turning into shadows, becoming a flame and summoning dead?

All those powers look far more something that arrancars would do, not shinigami.
After all when arrancars appeared for the first time they all were surprised by sword powers but now shinigami have almost same power if not even better!

Kubo has seriously messed up things... His fully building manga on the coolness factor and nothing more, no logic. =/

Well he lost logic long time ago and it doesn't look like he plans to make one now.
Old 2012-09-19, 16:05   Link #716
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
All those powers look far more something that arrancars would do, not shinigami.
After all when arrancars appeared for the first time they all were surprised by sword powers but now shinigami have almost same power if not even better!
Well counting Shunsui and Yamamoto, that just makes two. It's hardly as if all the shinigami now are suddenly starting to reveal abilities like this. Besides, those two are supposed to be among the most elite shinigami in Soul Society--even amongst the captains. So is it really so bad for them to have some abilities that might put them a step above the rest?
Old 2012-09-19, 16:28   Link #717
Alchemist007
*Author

God's light vs zombie no jutsu? Are we sure Yamamoto's the good guy here?
Old 2012-09-19, 16:53   Link #718
sayde

^^I'm glad you brought that up. I can't believe I forgot about it. Clearly Jaha Bach referred to a higher power/being in this chapter. Could he unknowingly be referring to "that thing" (the spirit king)? Or in this universe composed of spiritual entities like hollows and shinigami, does he still believe in the existence of an almighty "God" in the traditional sense? And if so, could his belief in such a being be at all related to the conflict from 1000 years ago? I'm probably thinking too much into it, but it would be interesting if the Bleach universe did have one true God that was above even the spirit king.
Old 2012-09-19, 17:25   Link #719
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
Well counting Shunsui and Yamamoto, that just makes two. It's hardly as if all the shinigami now are suddenly starting to reveal abilities like this. Besides, those two are supposed to be among the most elite shinigami in Soul Society--even amongst the captains. So is it really so bad for them to have some abilities that might put them a step above the rest?
Because these powers are seriously haxed, especially whole zombie thing.

And so what if they are elite, I can't imagine Byakuya turning into petals in 1000 years time or Soi Fon becoming a butterfly or Hitsugaya turning snow into 100s of snow golems...

It is simply weird, especially since none of these type of powers were ever implied in the series.
Old 2012-09-19, 17:27   Link #720
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

that's the scariest bankai I ever saw.... maybe the scariest ability I ever seen as well...

perfect defense...
perfect offense....
and now... you got an army of the dead...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bleach, chapter