2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-02-22, 03:35   Link #1
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Log Horizon - Episode 21 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Log Horizon, Episode 21.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2014-02-22, 05:49   Link #2
Tenzen12

Spoiler for episode 21:

Last edited by Tenzen12; 2014-02-22 at 06:18.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:04   Link #3
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

You might very well think that, I couldn't possibly comment.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Old 2014-02-22, 08:04   Link #4
Avaricia
My Lord

Shall we dance? and also that foreshadowing... can't wait
Old 2014-02-22, 08:11   Link #5
Meltyred

Minori you were so close.... so close!
Old 2014-02-22, 08:11   Link #6
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I just heard Chief Maid from Maoyuu lol.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:12   Link #7
Eclipze

All those haters. Dayum.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:22   Link #8
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A good breather episode that managed to shed light on what's happening outside of Akiba and tease the viewers about future material.
Old 2014-02-22, 08:37   Link #9
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Some thoughts about the episode:

Shoryuu looks good in a suit.

Poor Akatsuki and Rudy xD

Krusty is so good at diplomacy. Me lieks. Also the way he hooked Lenessia. "3 times a day of free food and lazying around" would get me too. LOL

The fact that they laid the groundwork about Minami and Westelande earlier than the novels is a good way of not info dumping plot in the last episode as per volume 5. Regan was a great way to do this.

And of course the festival. The preview shows Shiroe with a hoodie sweatshirt. I wonder if modern fashions will become used more in the fantasy world? xP

Old 2014-02-22, 08:42   Link #10
J4n1

Can't say i like the changes from the novels (well, additions, as they don't actually contradict things all that much).
But it's a decent episode.

Though question arises, how will so many landers have time to learn about the festival, gather merchandise and travel to Akiba in just two weeks?
Old 2014-02-22, 08:52   Link #11
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

It was not mentioned in the Anime, but the Landers also have an instant communication system akin to telepathy of the adventurers based on Magic Crystal Balls. That's how they found out about the Goblin invasion at the same time as the adventurers.

As for merchendise, I'd think merchants would have some on stock to show. Plus its mostly adventurers showing off tech in the festival, so Lander merchants could just bring money.

Old 2014-02-22, 09:02   Link #12
J4n1

Lords have magic balls, peasants, not so much, not quite so huge merchants, probably not, rich merchants, possibly not.
Which leaves gathering information (about what to sell), gathering merchandise (if you're selling), gathering funds (if you're buying) and travel.

The two week period seems rather low, month or two would work lot better.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:10   Link #13
bakaouji

Seems like Shiroe is suffering the brunt of the rumors the Round Table intentionally spread to disseminate knowledge of the consequences that came from dying without causing major upheavals. I guess that's the side-effect of being the puppet master who mostly works from the shadows. You automatically earn the disdain of ignorant people who are uninformed. If only they knew how invaluable Shiroe is as a strategist.
Old 2014-02-22, 09:25   Link #14
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, this a refreshing episode. I like how Shiroe danced with Akatsuki, as well as Krusty doing it with Raynesia.

Of course, it seems that some Landers are still suspicious on the Adventurers, especially Shiroe.

On the other hand, that storyteller... Could it be that she's from Minami?
Old 2014-02-22, 09:28   Link #15
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I can understand why some Adventurers may feel little love for the Round Table. It was created without any sort of democratic process and likely is a target of suspicion as a result. I can imagine a number of the Adventurers thinking, "Who do those guys think they are, anyway?" I'm sure there must be a good number of Adventurers who don't appreciate taking orders from anyone, especially some self-important bunch who came out of nowhere to assert their authority.

I doubt there is enough time to expand on this issue in the few episodes that remain, but I suspect the really significant conflicts would come within the Adventurers themselves, not between the Adventurers and the Landers or the various monsters.
Old 2014-02-22, 10:23   Link #16
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I can understand why some Adventurers may feel little love for the Round Table. It was created without any sort of democratic process and likely is a target of suspicion as a result. I can imagine a number of the Adventurers thinking, "Who do those guys think they are, anyway?" I'm sure there must be a good number of Adventurers who don't appreciate taking orders from anyone, especially some self-important bunch who came out of nowhere to assert their authority.

I doubt there is enough time to expand on this issue in the few episodes that remain, but I suspect the really significant conflicts would come within the Adventurers themselves, not between the Adventurers and the Landers or the various monsters.
Democratic process isn't necessary for someone to wield authority, all they require is legitimacy and power. Shiroe gained legitimacy by gaining the support of the most influential individuals in their particular society. He gained power by buying the guild hall and gaining the ability to ban or lock people in there. It doesn't matter if peasants are dissatisfied with the king, he has an army and the backing of the land lords. They don't have the means to remove him, because he has power and legitimacy.

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
Old 2014-02-22, 10:59   Link #17
Arkard

Is the preview some indicator of a Akatsuki vs. Minori fight for Shiroe?
Old 2014-02-22, 11:02   Link #18
Estavali
物語は、もう、おしまい……?

I chuckled when Touya used his master's catchphrase in this episode. Hopefully, though, he won't catch Naotsugu's pantsu obsession as well =w=. And this Air Glasses thing seems really infectious as well. Is it the latest fad nowadays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I just heard Chief Maid from Maoyuu lol.
Oho, so this is the voice actress that Mamare likes so much (lol Mamalady)? Ahhh, the anticipation! >=3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post

Aside from this, I think we should also take into account the Japanese attitude towards government and politics. AFAIK and from what Mamare himself has mentioned elsewhere, they generally adopt a "if it works, who cares?" mentality if things run smoothly, which is probably why their supposedly incompetent bureaucrats could have stayed in power for so long.

If this is in Europe (especially France), or maybe even neighbouring Greater China, I suppose this sort of thing might not have gone down so well, for good or for ill

Signature by liro
Old 2014-02-22, 11:11   Link #19
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Mr. Mamare sure likes Chiwa Saito much... Still, I think LH won't cover their next destination since there are 4 episodes left.
Old 2014-02-22, 11:23   Link #20
ookamigirl

That celebration seemed a bit premature.
At least the relationship between people of the land and adventures is improving.
Things are looking very optimistic.
Although I think it's just a calm before the storm.
Rudy sure was enjoying his place under the spotlight.
Relaxing episode with the aftermath of previous events.

My Blog --> ookami
Closed Thread