Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-05-27, 17:47   Link #61
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I have no prior experience with the franchise other than Hakaba Kitarou so all this is new to me.
Mizuki is roughly a contemporary of Tezuka, and like Tezuka his worldview was shaped by the WW II experience. He was famously forced to be a a propagandist originally, and later on went on to write about the war era in far more honest and blunt terms. In “Showa” he uses Nezumi-otoko to narrate a depiction of the buildup to the war, Axis atrocities and its devastating impact on Japan (and himself).
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 06:45   Link #62
AntonKutovoi

"NYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYA!"

"Here's your receipt, Yosuke-kun"
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 08:35   Link #63
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonKutovoi View Post
"NYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYANYA!"

"Here's your receipt, Yosuke-kun"
I guess the series now pointing toward stalkers and their obsessive love toward somebody that become Toxic for everybody. All because a girl is nice to them, they gets the wrong idea and start scaring her with their obsessive attitude.
Old 2018-06-03, 15:41   Link #64
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Today's lesson in yokai behavior.

Though they don't have to take tests or go to school, ghosts do need to use the bathroom. I guess it makes as much sense as yokai eating human food or drinking sake. Have we ever seen the non-human characters like Wally and Paper-guy eat? Maybe only humanoid yokai have human bodily functions. I've never seen Daddy Eyeball eat either.

I really enjoyed Shouji Umeka's work as Neko Musume in this episode. She has to range from disgruntled but devoted house cleaner to Mana-san's "neko nee-san" to a lethal yokai assassin. Her resume is long but has few principal roles. Hope she gets another soon.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-03, 23:57   Link #65
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

The most recent episode definitely reconfirmed to me that this is a great re-anime adaption/revival. Really is good. You got the laughs, the tear-jerkers, satires.

And dang, Hanako-san's character design is cute. Or maybe the character designer is just good at drawing cute girls. Or something like that.

Stupid towel...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-04, 01:11   Link #66
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Nezumi-Otoko really is the "glue" guy for this franchise - like Mizuki-sensei said, he's the one who makes the story go. It's easy to tell he was Mizuki's favorite character.
Old 2018-06-04, 09:43   Link #67
Mistyclear

....Nezumi-Otoko never fails to meet expectations...
So this time was about stalkers huh...didn’t think Nurikabe would end up as one though...
Mistyclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:00   Link #68
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

This episode had some kinship with Anno's live-action Shin Godzilla in its depiction of the Japanese government and the fear of taking responsibility. But, really, a female Prime Minister? Is this a hint that the writers think Koike Yuriko will soon be the PM?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 16:41   Link #69
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Her star has plummeted to Earth in a huge way - she was exposed for the glory-hound Trump wannabe she is. Disastrous performance for her party in the national elections.

My note on this ep was kudos for making the PM a woman, but she sure didn't come off too well. Yes, there was something very Godzilla-like about the whole affair.
Old 2018-06-10, 21:22   Link #70
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Considering this anime, there is no doubt the whole "Whose responsibility it is?" thing is satire, but I can't tell if the PM being female satire or them trying to avoid controversy by not making the PM similar to real life.

PS: Tanuki Mana much? I'm still kinda hoping it happens...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-10, 21:54   Link #71
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Considering this anime, there is no doubt the whole "Whose responsibility it is?" thing is satire, but I can't tell if the PM being female satire or them trying to avoid controversy by not making the PM similar to real life.

PS: Tanuki Mana much? I'm still kinda hoping it happens...
Yeah, LOL - me too. Bet Nezumi-otoko would like that too.
Old 2018-06-11, 00:09   Link #72
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
But, really, a female Prime Minister?
I had flashbacks to the GitS SAC TV (15 years ago O_O ) series where the PM was also a woman and shit also rained from the sky.

My bet from the start is that mana will become sooner or later a yokai or yuurei of some sort (or maybe we will discover that she was one all along but she didn't knew, remember Shiro?) that is human looking, that is the only reading I can get of her standing side by side with the Yokai cast in the OP.

Damn, Kitaro failed his saving throw vs. paralysis/petrification
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 01:23   Link #73
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Tanuki Mana much? I'm still kinda hoping it happens...
You got your wish!

But what was the character that burned into her hand after the monster was defeated? She's getting drawn deeper and deeper into the yokai world.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-17, 14:19   Link #74
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBOvenGuy View Post
But what was the character that burned into her hand after the monster was defeated?
AFAIK it is 木 which means tree or wood or friday or venus. It could be wrong since I did not pause the video to see it clearly (and my old roku is not fast when doing rewinds). If someone has a screen cap it should be easy to confirm.

p.s. At first I thought it might be 夭 "calamity" but I think it is not it.
Old 2018-06-17, 17:39   Link #75
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

http://lostinanime.com/wp-content/up...arou-12-32.jpg

That’s definitely what the Kanji is. Exactly what it implies for Mana I don’t know.
Old 2018-06-23, 08:21   Link #76
Idealist 99

It feels like Mana has a death flag on her head, I wonder if she will live though this season. By the way, do anybody think Mana has a connection with the woman in the flashback that got killed by those Samurai ? Also, it seem Kitaro does not have Jigoku Key in the series.
Old 2018-06-24, 01:53   Link #77
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

I'd been wondering what Wanyudo was up to since Jigoku Shoujo ended. Still waiting for that Enma Ai guest spot.

And great googly-moogly, this show doesn't pull its punches. Because it's "for kids," they can get away with a lot. Has it always had this much social commentary?
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 10:17   Link #78
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

is Nezumi Otoko even considered a villain?
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-06-24, 13:43   Link #79
Idealist 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
He is basically the Team Rocket trio (Pokemon), Gian & Suneo (Doreamon) and Keroro (Sgt Frog) of Gegege No Kitaro.
Old 2018-06-24, 13:51   Link #80
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faux Mecha View Post
He is an enabler, he has no backbone to do anything outright villainous on his own, but he will lick the soles of the shoes of any villain as long as he gets some profit out of it.

It clear to me that at the end of the episode all people returned to life because otherwise Mickey Mouse would have been be an accessory to murder, taking him out of the gray zone he usually dwells and painting him as a true monster.

Tags
old anime, remake