AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-12-01, 22:58   Link #5441
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Balotelli is the total definition of a c***. I don't see how this guy can play football with such a poor attitude. I have rarely seen a public figure react to racism is such a very very bad manner.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 04:37   Link #5442
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

What, because he's a bit 4chan-edgy while being the fucking target of an entire nation's worth of racist football ultras?

Give the man a break. Balotelli isn't the problem. There are games in Italy where the man had to deal with very, very ugly things from the "fans." Think shit like bananas and monkey calls. So he's childish and churlish about it. Wow, so bad, Balotelli, you should have eaten that banana like a good boy amirite.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 04:50   Link #5443
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Yeah i can't understand the thing as well. I thought it was quite funny as it basically make a joke about itself. The catch is overused in comedy really, saying something sounded really righteous, have a short pause, and follow it with something horribly wrong (or really racist this time).

And if Ballotelli, a black guy who has adoptive Jewish parents found it funny. Who is here to judge really?
Old 2014-12-02, 13:24   Link #5444
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
What, because he's a bit 4chan-edgy while being the fucking target of an entire nation's worth of racist football ultras?

Give the man a break. Balotelli isn't the problem. There are games in Italy where the man had to deal with very, very ugly things from the "fans." Think shit like bananas and monkey calls. So he's childish and churlish about it. Wow, so bad, Balotelli, you should have eaten that banana like a good boy amirite.
Regardless of racism in the Italian game, Ballotelli plays for an EPL team and the English FA takes a very formal approach to racism. I doubt humor will be seen as a justification if anyone feels grieved and complained.

I'm sure given the experience with the Suarez case, Liverpool will have him apologize to everyone under the sun, but this is an ideal case for the FA to show no one is exempted.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 16:48   Link #5445
Nerroth
NePoi!

The MLS State of the League event is now up:

While there were a few questions which seem to be raised for the sake of going through the motions, in terms of issues which the league can't, or won't, go into (will the league switch to Autumn-Spring, or will there be pro/rel at some point - no in both cases), there were some more interesting exchanges included.
Old 2014-12-06, 20:05   Link #5446
Nerroth
NePoi!

In case anyone is interested in tomorrow's MLS Cup final, the league website has posted a list of broadcasters airing the match in different parts of the world.

-----

Beyond the 2014 season, the hot topic of future expansion was (briefly) addressed earlier today. It looks like the league is aiming to pull the trigger on the next formal announcement/s in the first half of 2015. (They are aiming at a total of 24 by 2020, but we'll have to see if they go over - or under - that number when the time comes.)

The leading candidates include two rival bids in Minnesota (one looking to host a team in the future NFL Vikings stadium, the other headed by the second-division NASL club Minnesota United and aiming at building a new soccer-specific stadium), one from Sacramento (where the third-division Republic F.C. won the USL Pro championship in their first season), another from San Antonio (where the NASL's Scorpions won this year's Soccer Bowl), and a rival bid from Las Vegas.

As it happens, pressure is mounting on David Beckham's bid to establish a team in Miami. MLS was burned in that area before, so they won't formally accept a new Miami side unless Becks can secure a new stadium in a suitable (i.e. downtown) location. If the league loses its patience, Miami's place-holder status could potentially be put on ice.

Personally, I'd like to see Minnesota (United), Sacramento, and/or San Antonio make the cut. But in the long run, no-one is quite sure just how large a league MLS will "settle down" at, so we could well see a few more would-be candidates get their turn in the fullness of time.

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-12-06 at 20:15.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-06, 23:27   Link #5447
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

So, Balotelli indeed was sanctioned because of his comments on social networks... Yeah, Balo is dumb but he's not a promoter of racism like the sanction seems to imply...

---------------------------------

Also, on the MLS subject, tomorrow it's the MLS Cup Final between L.A Galaxy and N.E Revolution, also it's the last match that Landon "Captain America" Donovan, the most talented player U.S football ever produced, will play as a professional footballer, he holds the record for both most historical goals and assists on the MLS... A truly historical player, that can retire while winning another championship... If anyone wants to watch it, it will be played at 15:00 US time.
Old 2014-12-07, 20:35   Link #5448
Nerroth
NePoi!

And the 2014 MLS Cup champions are...

Last edited by Nerroth; 2014-12-07 at 20:56.
Nerroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 14:20   Link #5449
Nerroth
NePoi!

And now for the best MLS-related news of the year - after a long period of trial and error, D.C. United are, at length, officially set to move out of RFK Stadium and into a new home to be built at Buzzard Point:

Despite being a charter club with the most major trophies of any MLS side (still one ahead of the Galaxy, though the latter are now ahead on MLS Cups), the long-term viability of a rapidly aging RFK has put the team on the clock. And while hopes have been raised, and then dashed, at previous locations in the District of Columbia (such as Poplar Point), the future of the team in D.C. has now been secured for the foreseeable future.

Hopefully the new stadium will be ready to go in 2017.

Now to see if the Revs can get the hell out of Gillette Stadium and into some new digs of their own closer to Boston...
Old 2015-01-02, 10:58   Link #5450
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

This past week was quite eventful.

Spurs were devastating.
Old 2015-01-02, 13:49   Link #5451
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Complete tie for the top of the Premier, now that's something that I haven't seen in a long time...
Old 2015-01-18, 16:13   Link #5452
oompa loompa

Not a bad day to be a gooner eh laddies
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 22:55   Link #5453
Azuma Denton
~AD~

First win against Manchester City after 3 years?
It is a great day, my friend.
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-18, 23:33   Link #5454
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Manchester City should commision a shirt that reads "No Yaya, No Party"
Old 2015-01-19, 13:28   Link #5455
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

We've always played well against Man City. But I was expecting a draw, as I was also expecting City to come out guns blazing.

Turns out, Arsène knows. Majestic Cazorla! What DM problems, the Coq is like a new signing™!
Old 2015-01-23, 22:50   Link #5456
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

Did anyone manage to catch the Iraq-Iran game in the Asian Cup? I heard it was insane.

Missed it.
Old 2015-01-24, 09:58   Link #5457
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Did anyone manage to catch the Iraq-Iran game in the Asian Cup? I heard it was insane.

Missed it.
Condensed highlights in English here: http://www.soccer-blogger.com/2015/0...hootout-video/

Also features a few with Arabic commentary. Just as mental as you said it was
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 11:58   Link #5458
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

This is why I love the FA Cup. Chelsea & Man City out.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 17:42   Link #5459
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
This is why I love the FA Cup. Chelsea & Man City out.
and tottenham and southampton AND liverpool drew. might be the wildest fa cup round ive ever seen
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-24, 23:21   Link #5460
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yeah, pretty crazy day in the FA cup. hopefully Arsenal doesn't lose to Brighton..

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer