AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun S - Episode 15 Rating
Perfect 10 99 72.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 19.85%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 4.41%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.47%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.74%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2013-07-19, 18:03   Link #41
Goldzero

perfect just spectacular IMO. touma was amazing in this episode, the way how he was throwing those punches actually made me felt the impact when accelerator was hit. this episode clearly gives you a better understanding as to how accelerator really lost since we are viewing from his perspective, which shows you how confused he was while fighting kamijou. i felt that this was far more satisfying then how it was portrait ed in index.

Downer part- lack of face punching and the fight was somewhat quick. still good enough for me to give it a 10/10.

Sad part- i shed tears when i saw touma kamijou being flown up in the sky and bribri had to see that with the emotional impact she felt while watching it. her moment with her sisters felt somewhat same in index but still had a emotional impact that was stronger then index protraited.

Badasses-that Accelerator/TouMAN.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 18:15   Link #42
Traitless
Gamer and To Aru person.

Location: In a place far, far away. Just joking, in my house.
Just beautiful and intense. 10/10. I saw another member's comparison between Index S1 and Railgun S and man, do they have different plasmas and different directions of Touma's punch. I guess it goes down to budget or time? I don't know. All I know is that the cliffhangar had to RIGHT THERE. God damn it. Can't wait for the subs. I understood a quarter of what they were saying in the raw. :|

edit after subs: Damn. One guy commented that Touma didn't fly in Index. I guess biri-biri/Accelerator vision? xD Anyways, damn I love the fight.

Last edited by Traitless; 2013-07-20 at 02:10. Reason: Subs came out.
Traitless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 19:51   Link #43
Veviticus

Had to laugh during that scene where Touma gets knocked down but miraculously floats above the ground and pulls out a punch. That was so ridiculous. I was also expecting more animation during the plasma part. Index had light rays converging into a ball but here was just a static background with a purple blob.
It was also missing Accelerator's epic laugh.
The imagine breaker at work was nicely done
Old 2013-07-19, 20:39   Link #44
waffler

can touma cancel the plasma? since in index he didnt and misaka had to help him o.o
waffler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 20:44   Link #45
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I have a sneaking suspicion that the fight will not conclude this episode. The climax of the final fight, the epilogue and the final scene will probably fit into the next episode.
Even though I haven't seen the episode yet, I'm very glad to hear that they get through the entire fight in one episode. I should never have doubted the team from Project Railgun

edit: Gah...just watched it. Spoke too soon.

Last edited by OH&S; 2013-07-20 at 00:58.
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 20:52   Link #46
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veviticus View Post
Had to laugh during that scene where Touma gets knocked down but miraculously floats above the ground and pulls out a punch. That was so ridiculous. I was also expecting more animation during the plasma part. Index had light rays converging into a ball but here was just a static background with a purple blob.
It was also missing Accelerator's epic laugh.
The imagine breaker at work was nicely done
In both Railgun and Index manga and Index anime, Touma just evaded the attack to keep punching Accelerator... .
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 21:40   Link #47
DorkingtonPugsly

Wasn't expecting the cinema level animation so I was physced. Everything was just the way I wanted it to be. What a great adaption, my god. I just got my Index I bluraybox today so it's really a feast.

I flipped out at the cliffhanger too, but I knew it was coming.
Old 2013-07-19, 22:13   Link #48
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
I know I was just saying it is technically true I bet it's way harder to make plasma than to do what I said He can even manipulate blood flow... so... (I guess he has to touch it in the case of blood flow...)

Wait I just thought of something. If we and presumably Accel can visibly see Touma using his power, then why does Accel think you know what (from when subtitles come out) about Touma punching him? That actually doesn't really make sense does it?

Also, I don't why, but it's so dramatic it's actually somewhat funny. It's great when re-watching it.

After watching what happened to Touma this episode. It makes me wonder. Is Touma's power willpower? He keeps on getting back up every time Accel hits him... It's a little ridiculous.

I also thought the wind sound effects were great this episode along with the OSTs.
you do know touma has plot armor right? in some areas it is strong such as willpower. but i love him too much to even care IMO. it could be some unknown factor since we still barley know what imagine breaker is but as of this moment we can only inc-use of it as plot armor or unknown factor.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 22:25   Link #49
Shinhwa
Banned

Epic fight, Epic animation, epic music, epic story, epic characters, epic moments

I have so much I want to say about how epic and awesome this episode was. ∞/10 for god's sake.

FREAKING

AWESOME

EPISODE

GO TOUMA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!

MIKOTO WAS CUTE AND AWESOME TOO XD

GO GO TOUMA AND MIKOTO

CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE FOR MORE EPICNESS HELL YEAH <3 <3 <3 XD

Also this episode has so many scenes that deserved having GIFs made x)

Last edited by Shinhwa; 2013-07-19 at 22:38.
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 22:47   Link #50
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I can't believe I watched it with out subtitles. Still, I understood what was going on and it was enjoyable. I'll have to watch it again with subtitles now.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 23:20   Link #51
Iniser

Man, the last few episodes have been stellar. Everything has been amazing, from the directing to the plot to the animation.

Too bad the arc's going to end soon though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Wait I just thought of something. If we and presumably Accel can visibly see Touma using his power, then why does Accel think you know what (from when subtitles come out) about Touma punching him? That actually doesn't really make sense does it?
Accelerator doesn't know what Touma's ability is, other than the fact that it can bypass his reflection. Since nobody has done that before, he is obviously shocked. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Imagine Breaker doesn't create any visual effects, but only a sound, so Accelerator can't really what's going on. The visual effects are merely for the watcher to know that something is happening.
Iniser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 23:38   Link #52
MasterVampire

I loved seeing how supprised Misaka was seeing Touma actually knocking down Accelerator.
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-19, 23:48   Link #53
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iniser View Post
Man, the last few episodes have been stellar. Everything has been amazing, from the directing to the plot to the animation.

Too bad the arc's going to end soon though.

Accelerator doesn't know what Touma's ability is, other than the fact that it can bypass his reflection. Since nobody has done that before, he is obviously shocked. Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Imagine Breaker doesn't create any visual effects, but only a sound, so Accelerator can't really what's going on. The visual effects are merely for the watcher to know that something is happening.
I'm not sure it actually makes a sound, I thought that was just a sound effect for the benefit of the viewer as well.
HandofFate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 00:02   Link #54
OverNOut
The Obsever

There are no words that I know which can be used to describe this episode since it will not do it justice.
The animation and the soundtrack were perfect and the fight, wow... just wow.

That Biri Biri vision really changes everything. Touma looks more badass and heroic than in Index while Accelerator seems more OP and evil.
The plasma seems far more sinister than in the original and I like it.

This is the best episode of the season so far. Too bad it was cut short but oh well, you can't have everything.
OverNOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 00:08   Link #55
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterVampire View Post
I loved seeing how supprised Misaka was seeing Touma actually knocking down Accelerator.
True story mate, we all thought that at the time, for her being to see how badass our Protagonist was, that's fucking awesome

Excellent episode, since it had already far surpassed my expectation, there was nothing left to say.
Old 2013-07-20, 00:12   Link #56
leukrota

Eh... ok... so, seems like Touma can also manipulate vectors, seeing one otherwise impossible movement.

Other than some animation decisions I don't quite agree with, it was great.

About Accelerator's mad laugh, it is cool, but I still don't think it can beat Touma's evil laugh.

BTW, Imagine Breaker's sound/visual effects are indeed for the viewers only.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 00:16   Link #57
BTDK
Himawari no Shoujo
*IT Support

^ Yeah, IB is simply directly normal punch, and thus doesn't create any effects.

BTW, Touma has his "protagonist shield" indeterminate level, none can get rid of those attacks of Accelerator
Old 2013-07-20, 00:23   Link #58
iceaco

The feels.. The music and the voice acting this episode are just.. Epic..
It's a bit too melodramatic but.. Can't ask for any better..
This show seriously went way above my expectations. It's not what I'm looking for when I am reading/watching the Index storyline but definitely justice to this franchies.

(On the IB sound effects - love it - yeah it's for viewer's only but it gives impact. Regarding canon on the IB 'sound effect', it's often described in the novels as glass breaking. The sound in this ep is a bit cute o_O )

Baka-Tsuki username: acolyte
iceaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-20, 01:06   Link #59
Side-streetdog

Which tornado and plasma in this episode.
Now I can feel that he really THE STRONGEST that even countries were fear.
Only con in this episode is when Touma almost fell down but can get up and punch.
But anyway this is awesome episode.
I only expect just change point of view from Touma to others, Like in manga.
But I got epic remake instead.
Old 2013-07-20, 01:22   Link #60
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

dude.... this is the best....

I wonder why Index's crew can't mess up in animating this scene....
Railgun S just do it perfectly!!! Plasma is frightening.. Touma is bleeding very bad... Mikoto is on the edge of breakdown and pushed back... while Accelerator is panicking....
everything just done in the best way

11/10!!!!
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote