AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2015-02-12, 07:50   Link #61
Boccob
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haigi View Post
Since now the Red Cloak knows there's a third time traveler, wouldn't the events of not being able to assassinate Lukav and Alanic be a trigger for him to come to the vicinity? If I assume they both die every loop if Zorian didn't interfere on this particular loop. That being said, will he have enough time to learn what he's learning for the next few restarts or will Alanic be permanently dead the next time?

Also, that little girl with the bicycle in the original cycle and the cat that replaced her spot in one of the loops. Will they play a part in this I wonder.
That depends on if all the pieces offing them are working coherently and Red Robe is the one who receives the information. We still don't know who is actually in charge. Currently it seems Red Robe is just a cog. Otherwise why didn't he perm kill them years ago?

As for the cat thing. I think the author might be throwing in red herrings here and there. Considering the cat was sad though? The girl probably jumped in and died.
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 05:06   Link #62
Darius Drake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Australia
Honestly, I've read that interpretation in a few places. I have to say, while I understand your "reading far to into it" reasoning, but what does the cat have to do with the bridge? The cat could be sad because it lost it's own family from the Cranium Rats, or something else completely random. As you said, it could be a red herring. We may never know what the deal is with the little girl, either.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 07:26   Link #63
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Ok so I guess I was wrong, I could have sworn the power increase was mentioned as being weird and beyond just training though.

About the assassination attempts, they happened near the start of the loop right? While other mysterious deaths happened before the loop started to the other experts. This is the main reason why I believe Red Robe knew about the time loop before it started, the deaths of the soul magic experts and things don't really make sense otherwise. Anyway, I doubt Red Robe will learn about the assassination attempts being foiled, at least not yet. I mean it's been over a hundred years of loops hasn't it. If he has anything to do with the assassinations, he probably simply sets up the orders for the assassinations to happen and then goes about his other work, it will take him a while to notice something going wrong with something that's probably happened and gone fine so many times.

Of course at the same time he should be extremely wary right now due to the case with the spiders and things since that was recent. Then again because he soul killed all those mercenaries and the spiders, the wheels came off his perfect invasion even more what with the invasion happening faster and things so he might be forced into trying to fix that situation.

Basically I don't think he'll start looking into the situation for maybe a few more loops, then we might have a brief run-in or Zorian notice him or something.
__________________

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 09:08   Link #64
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
I don't see why you're so hung up on the assumption Red Robe is behind it. It's totally illogical for him to be the one giving the orders in this case, since it would be a pointless task to continue within the loop and he has better methods.

Plus, it's already been two weeks since the assassinations failed. If Red Robe was going to hear about it he would've likely already showed up with how jumpy he's got to be feeling about inconsistencies.

Last edited by bludvein; 2015-02-13 at 14:45.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 14:52   Link #65
Xacual
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Because given what we know from the story it makes the most sense. No one in the invasion force is going to give a shit about people with soul magic knowledge that live out in rural areas. The only one that would is someone whose entire game relies on soul magic, which is really only Red Robe of the characters introduced so far.
__________________

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 14:57   Link #66
Gundamx
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Lich care, specially when the word he write in paper was one of their own special magic

Not to mention, Lich who is one of higher up, only think of him as special adviser with accurate info.

Last edited by Gundamx; 2015-02-13 at 15:12.
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 15:14   Link #67
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
It doesn't make sense though. If Red Robe thought those soul magic experts were a threat to the loop he could've simply removed them permanently, and if he had forewarning about the loop as you seem to think he would've made sure to kill them before the loop started.

Also, who would he be guarding the knowledge on soul magic from? Zach? I find it hard to believe Red Robe would need to kill everyone even slightly connected to soul magic with that kind of motive. Seriously, an old granny curse-breaker and a guy obsessed with familiars are going to have the knowledge to unravel the loop's secrets?

We may not know their exact motive, but things point towards the invaders, not Red Robe personally.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 15:20   Link #68
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
also the orders were given well before the loop happen. Unless red robe was aware of the loop give out orders before he piggyback onto the loop. it wouldn't make any sense for him to give that order. For all our speculation the Murder might have nothing to do with the Red Robe or the invasion.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 15:31   Link #69
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
also the orders were given well before the loop happen. Unless red robe was aware of the loop give out orders before he piggyback onto the loop. it wouldn't make any sense for him to give that order. For all our speculation the Murder might have nothing to do with the Red Robe or the invasion.
That's true too. Maybe there's some kind of religious extremist group running around trying to stamp out anybody even remotely related to soul magic and the timing is just coincidence. Pretty unlikely, but possible.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 16:27   Link #70
Lefay
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
That's true too. Maybe there's some kind of religious extremist group running around trying to stamp out anybody even remotely related to soul magic and the timing is just coincidence. Pretty unlikely, but possible.
The extremist group is possible, but the timing can't be a coincidence since they seem to have an important role in the story. Everything is tentative right now, since there's just too little information.

All we know is that:

1. some presumed group has been systematically exterminating soul mages for a while now
2. there are soul mages who use zombies in their group (which is expensive in alchemical ingredients, so somebody is backing and supplying them - probably Vazen)
3. Vazen is related to the group, and he has a connection to a company in Cyoria

I'm thinking it's most likely the invaders as Zorian guessed, since they're heavily based in Cyoria and the plan has been in action for months. One theory for why they're culling all the soul mages is that necromancy can somehow put a hitch in their grand plan to summon a primordial (maybe soul magic is effective against them?).

Also, the author is teasing us sooo hard with that tracking spell. Why is Red Robe missing from it, if we assume that Zach is the only one who shows up? It doesn't seem like he is aware of it, or he might've tracked Zorian down ages ago with his soul magic expertise. Therefore, it also doesn't seem likely that he has a method of hiding from the spell.
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 16:39   Link #71
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefay View Post
Also, the author is teasing us sooo hard with that tracking spell. Why is Red Robe missing from it, if we assume that Zach is the only one who shows up? It doesn't seem like he is aware of it, or he might've tracked Zorian down ages ago with his soul magic expertise. Therefore, it also doesn't seem likely that he has a method of hiding from the spell.
probably because while red robe know approximately where zorian is. He doesn't know who he is. And since Zorian is away form cyoria these last dozen restarts. Red robe figure he scare him off, that puts Zorian on a lower priority especially since he the invasion plan is completely screw because the city is on high alert form the dead mercs and monster coming out form underground.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 16:51   Link #72
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
probably because while red robe know approximately where zorian is. He doesn't know who he is. And since Zorian is away form cyoria these last dozen restarts. Red robe figure he scare him off, that puts Zorian on a lower priority especially since he the invasion plan is completely screw because the city is on high alert form the dead mercs and monster coming out form underground.
Try to look at it from Red Robe's POV. We know Zorian is a rather inexperienced junior mage working alone without a great idea about how to go about busting down a huge conspiracy. From Red Robe's POV, he's dealing with an unknown amount of people brought into the loop(thanks to the aranea). The one he tackled showed a high level of mind magic(in his eyes at least), which is one of the few things that can totally screw him over. He doesn't know anything else about this theoretical third group. You can bet Red Robe is probably super paranoid now actually.

Also, as a necromancer he can probably cast the divinations to find Zorian through the marker even without a ritual. Let's just hope he continues to think Zorian got brought into the loop some other way, because all Red Robe needs to do is capture Zach(easy) and then use his marker as a focus in order to find him.

Last edited by bludvein; 2015-02-13 at 17:12.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-13, 22:45   Link #73
Boccob
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
I thought Zorian was blocking divinations, and soul divinations specifically?

Red Robe is just a part of this big conspiracy wheel. We don't know how much weight he has. From the offhand comment from the Lich, his head was supposedly on the chopping block because his loop information was fubar'd by the spiders.

There's a lot of weird stuff going on the background that so far isn't even tied to the loop. That, and all the cloak and dagger stuff going on is why I'm really liking the story so far.
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 01:06   Link #74
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Try to look at it from Red Robe's POV. We know Zorian is a rather inexperienced junior mage working alone without a great idea about how to go about busting down a huge conspiracy. From Red Robe's POV, he's dealing with an unknown amount of people brought into the loop(thanks to the aranea). The one he tackled showed a high level of mind magic(in his eyes at least), which is one of the few things that can totally screw him over. He doesn't know anything else about this theoretical third group. You can bet Red Robe is probably super paranoid now actually.

Also, as a necromancer he can probably cast the divinations to find Zorian through the marker even without a ritual. Let's just hope he continues to think Zorian got brought into the loop some other way, because all Red Robe needs to do is capture Zach(easy) and then use his marker as a focus in order to find him.
he has a general idea where Zorian is but he still don't know who Zorian is. As long as Zorian is away form Cyoria he is going to be lower on the list. Again with the city on edge because merc's death and monster running amok. Red Robe got his hands full dealing with the aftermath of his soul kills. He doesn't have the time to hunt Zorian down and while he might have assets i doubt he wants to admit to his "allies" how much he mess up.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 04:50   Link #75
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
he has a general idea where Zorian is but he still don't know who Zorian is. As long as Zorian is away form Cyoria he is going to be lower on the list. Again with the city on edge because merc's death and monster running amok. Red Robe got his hands full dealing with the aftermath of his soul kills. He doesn't have the time to hunt Zorian down and while he might have assets i doubt he wants to admit to his "allies" how much he mess up.
How would he get this general idea of location? He doesn't seem to even have a clue atm, so for all he knows Zorian is still in Cyoria. Also, while the mercs' deaths and the monster rampage have caused chaos to the invasion plans they aren't an actual threat to Red Robe personally. Zorian and a theoretical unknown party are.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 05:24   Link #76
Darius Drake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Because given what we know from the story it makes the most sense. No one in the invasion force is going to give a shit about people with soul magic knowledge that live out in rural areas. The only one that would is someone whose entire game relies on soul magic, which is really only Red Robe of the characters introduced so far.
I'm curious, where did you get this idea from? It CAN'T be Red Robe, or, at least, it can't be Red Robe after the timeloop started. Most of the disappearances and murders happened before the timeloop started. There are literally two people that we know of who WEREN'T dead from these actions when the timeloop starts. Unless the timeloop's been shortening for a while, it's not Red Robe's actions.

As for whether any of the invaders care, they'll care. The only thing that's really a danger to the Lich is another Soul Mage, from what I can see. And, based on what's been hinted at for their future plans, they want to get rid of the Soul Mages to stop future Soul Mages from causing them problems.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccob View Post
I thought Zorian was blocking divinations, and soul divinations specifically?

Red Robe is just a part of this big conspiracy wheel. We don't know how much weight he has. From the offhand comment from the Lich, his head was supposedly on the chopping block because his loop information was fubar'd by the spiders.

There's a lot of weird stuff going on the background that so far isn't even tied to the loop. That, and all the cloak and dagger stuff going on is why I'm really liking the story so far.
Yeah, Red Robe should have no idea where or who Zorian is. Red Robe even mentioned that Zorian was protecting himself from Red Robe's Soul Diviniations, remarking that Zorian had learnt how to do so before Zack. He might notice where Zorian currently is from what Zorian's currently doing, but he may be too busy trying to learn enough about the changes in Cyoria to check in on it.
Darius Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 10:34   Link #77
Lefay
Member
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darius Drake View Post
I'm curious, where did you get this idea from? It CAN'T be Red Robe, or, at least, it can't be Red Robe after the timeloop started. Most of the disappearances and murders happened before the timeloop started. There are literally two people that we know of who WEREN'T dead from these actions when the timeloop starts. Unless the timeloop's been shortening for a while, it's not Red Robe's actions.
Actually, that's a fallacy. It can be Red Robe who's behind it all or at least related to the incidents, since we don't know what he was doing before he piggybacked (presumedly) on the time loop. So it's entirely possible he's related, but it's just very unlikely from what we know about him so far.

Maybe some shit will go down mid-way through this loop IF Red Robe knows about the plan to kill Alanic and Lukav and has shared that information with whoever is also behind it. Any change of execution in the method of killing the two soul mages next loop will probably be the best evidence that Red Robe knows. Or maybe the author is just messing with us again and there are more loopers besides Red Robe who don't show up on Zorian's tracker spell (which may be why Red Robe seems to believe the aranea's lies about being fellow loopers).
Lefay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 15:00   Link #78
Boccob
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
I wouldn't be surprised if there were more loopers. The spiders probably aren't the only organized mind mages, and as shown by Kael, not all necromancers and soul mages are bad.

It would be kind of amusing if everyone was piggy backing off Zack in one way or another. The amnesia may not have been the lich's doing if that were the case.
Boccob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 15:17   Link #79
bludvein
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Nobody else has the marker if that's what you mean. Otherwise Zorian would've been found a long time ago.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-14, 15:33   Link #80
Breimoon
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
There are not only markers, like the arachnichs there are may be other ways to loop on together with them.
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fantasy, magic, smart male lead, time loop

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:09.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.