AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-09-23, 01:04   Link #561
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yeah! so there's still something about Iris Hunter??? I almost predict this will be another filler but looks like Koyuki's birthday will bring another serious arc....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 01:07   Link #562
Johnny
Working the bags...

They're will also be one huge ass elephant attending that birthday party...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 01:48   Link #563
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
I dont think his hate is geared toward iris zeros but only to toru's supposed apathetic attitude.
The first couple chapters seem to say that his hate is at least partially about Toru being a Zero though. He insinuated that Koyuki is being friends with him, which turned everyone for about a page.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 07:38   Link #564
Sixth
Hu Tao

I think that Tokita want Toru to change his attitude. Because of his low exposure motto and his bad past, he tends to ignore everyone and everything if possible. Just like this chapter showed, he don't really give a damn about Koyuki's birthday or anything.

After all, Tokita is type that will never being honest to himself or to anyone. It's up to Toru to figure what Tokita actually want to say or do...in the next chapter.

At least this is the impression that I got from this chapter. I may wrong though. Maybe Tokita really hates Toru's gut.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 12:24   Link #565
azurena

tokita is just being a dick cause kuga will never be with him. jk, well maybe. I really hope it doesnt turn into a koyuki deserves better kinda, so toru better stop acting apathetic towards things, crap from tokita though cause that girl is already getting spoiled with love.
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 21:40   Link #566
cyberdemon

It's probably because of Kuga that he hates him. He did so much and was prepared to take the blame for the iris hunter issue. he probably thought Kuga would notice him and fall for him a a result but toru interfered and while she gained a romantic interest in someone, that someone turned out not to be him.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-23, 22:32   Link #567
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It's probably because of Kuga that he hates him. He did so much and was prepared to take the blame for the iris hunter issue. he probably thought Kuga would notice him and fall for him a a result but toru interfered and while she gained a romantic interest in someone, that someone turned out not to be him.
That doesn't sound like it would fit. Kuga had romantic interest in someone else before that, and Tokita didn't hate him for that. Besides, it's not like Tokita ever planned for Kuga to know that he was taking the blame for the Iris Hunter issue.

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
teachopvutru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 00:16   Link #568
Shadow5YA

From what Tokita already said, it seems like he just hates Toru's passive nature. All hell did break loose in school and Toru never really gets to the bottom of things until Koyuki pushes him to do it.

Tokita might also have some distaste for Toru's wounded puppy nature. Toru believes he's always the victim, which may offend Tokita too.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 03:15   Link #569
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
From what Tokita already said, it seems like he just hates Toru's passive nature. All hell did break loose in school and Toru never really gets to the bottom of things until Koyuki pushes him to do it.

Tokita might also have some distaste for Toru's wounded puppy nature. Toru believes he's always the victim, which may offend Tokita too.
Toru wasn't really being passive though. He was trying to figure it out when Koyuki tried to do her own thing, which forced him to put together a quick solution and confront Houjou in order to cover for her, which more directly contributed to Kuga starting her Hunter spree if anything.

I don't see a wounded puppy nature in Toru. It's not like he's begging for anything, he just prefers to be silent. If Tokita thinks that way I don't know what he saw that made him do so.
Old 2011-09-24, 05:22   Link #570
KLGChaos
The Shermain

I had some respect for Tokita with how he was defending Kuga during her Iris Hunting, but he lost most of it this chapter. I honestly don't see how any of this was Toru's fault. That's like saying a terrorist bombing is the civilians fault for not stopping him before it happened.
Old 2011-09-24, 05:48   Link #571
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

I wonder what's the author planning with this one. Is it really relevant for Tokita to say something like that?
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-24, 07:07   Link #572
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I had some respect for Tokita with how he was defending Kuga during her Iris Hunting, but he lost most of it this chapter. I honestly don't see how any of this was Toru's fault. That's like saying a terrorist bombing is the civilians fault for not stopping him before it happened.
Well, since Toru seems to know what's going on in Tokita's view, it's more like Tokita is saying that a terrorist bombing is the civilians fault for not stopping him before it happened even though they know about it beforehand.

There's a big difference in not acting because of not knowing about it beforehand and knowing about it beforehand and still choose to not act on it.
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 03:19   Link #573
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Wow, they managed to get Marina Inoue (Yoko from TTGL) to voice Yuki and Kanae Itou (Saten Ruiko from Index/Railgun) as Kuga for the drama CD. Some good names around.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/geek/archives/51294412.html
Old 2011-10-14, 11:00   Link #574
Sixth
Hu Tao

Chapter 23 RAW is available. I guess it was pretty pointless to read Iris Zero if you don't know anything about Japanese. There are so many texts in this chapter. Good thing about this chapter is it has 28 pages.

Apparently, the conflict between Toru and Tokita solved in this chapter. At least this is the impression I got from skimming through the chapter.
Old 2011-10-14, 22:28   Link #575
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Chapter 23 RAW is available. I guess it was pretty pointless to read Iris Zero if you don't know anything about Japanese. There are so many texts in this chapter. Good thing about this chapter is it has 28 pages.

Apparently, the conflict between Toru and Tokita solved in this chapter. At least this is the impression I got from skimming through the chapter.
Skimmed the text, got a guess.

Spoiler for not exact, missing most details:
Old 2011-10-14, 22:42   Link #576
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Well, all I can say to Chapter 23 if that's true is...get over it you glasses wearing jackass.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 22:43   Link #577
Shadow5YA

That sounds like a fairly legitimate justification.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 23:39   Link #578
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
Skimmed the text, got a guess.

Spoiler for not exact, missing most details:
and? and? how about the conversation between Toru and Tokita? I am really curious about that one.

and thanks for your quick summary.
Old 2011-10-15, 00:26   Link #579
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
That sounds like a fairly legitimate justification.
Not really sounds like he was backstabbing Koyuki and got pissed when his schemes failed.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-15, 00:29   Link #580
Johnny
Working the bags...

^Correct. That's like me blaming the guy that cut me off for all the others I ran off the road while chasing after him...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen