Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2021-10-02, 23:04   Link #961
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Great start. I really hope that we'll get the whole arc this season but they need to try not to butcher the tempo.
there are only 2 volumes for this arc, so this probably won’t be a problem
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
-Dantalian, Dungeon Defense-
sierra117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 02:47   Link #962
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierra117 View Post
there are only 2 volumes for this arc, so this probably won’t be a problem
Yes, I know. But they have like 14 eps at best for two volumes and they are already adding anime-original scenes with Lenas side comparing to 10 for the first one (counting anime-original ep.). I am not aware if these volumes are shorter, though.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 02:51   Link #963
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Yes, I know. But they have like 14 eps at best for two volumes and they are already adding anime-original scenes with Lenas side comparing to 10 for the first one (counting anime-original ep.). I am not aware if these volumes are shorter, though.
Volume 3 has approximately the same number of page as volume 1 while volume 2 is about 60 pages less than the other 2
“If you were a logical person with refinement then it was obvious to prefer matureness over immatureness, abundance over lacking. Lolita complex is a mental illness, everyone. I hope you are able to go to your nearest mental hospital and get a suicide check-up.”
Old 2021-10-03, 03:49   Link #964
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

This is what I am talking about. Even if they have a few more eps, they have around twice more material to adapt, so the pacing will be obviously faster.
Old 2021-10-03, 06:09   Link #965
Tenzen12

I am so proud of Lena finaly growing into splendid adult

But seriously, she did find how to work in system, against system and handle consequences it comes with. Also despite being demoted she actually seems to start work on her networking skill connecting with similiarly mided handlers and probably logistic, her goal is obvioulsy counter big Legion offensive, but afterwards it's good foundation for possible rebellion. Given Gied Federation got their hands on Para raid, she is actually good option for colaboration if they decide strike.
Old 2021-10-03, 06:19   Link #966
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
This is what I am talking about. Even if they have a few more eps, they have around twice more material to adapt, so the pacing will be obviously faster.
Considering that season 1 spend entire 11 episodes for 1 volume(yet more than half of it was additional original content that the original novel just skimped through), season 2 should be able to adapt volume 2 and 3 without any problem considering that unlike volume 1, volume 2&3 had less pacing to add original content other than some more of Lena side pov
Old 2021-10-03, 06:41   Link #967
Friday
Im shy too...

at last!!!! something I can watch!!!!

welcome back. looking forward to the rest of the series
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 09:28   Link #968
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So from the look of it there are some Alba living in the Giad Republic and there doesn't seem to be any sort of racial discrimination. They also don't allow minors to go to war. On paper this seems to be a pretty ideal society.

But how exactly did they manage to maintain those standards in the middle of a war that as of now is seeing the Legion as a force that can only be stalled at best?

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 09:41   Link #969
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I've been looking forward to this season. Its not much but at least Lena might actually have some other people with her taking the war seriously, compared to how the upper brass are. Boy that office had a lot of pictures of himself (which was the point I know), but great to see Lena snap at her superior officer like that, she understands how things work now, so she has the leverage (and not like demotion or jail matter now).
I just noticed that big portrait of him shaking hands with Karlstahl, so Lena has to keep being reminded of probably the last person she wants to see at this point every time she gets chewed out or has to visit her superior officer. I'm kind of wondering if Karlstahl assigned her to a personal friend to keep her in check...
Quote:
Lena's situation is almost hopeless but nice to see a glimmer of the old Lena. Hard to tell how her friendship with Annette is doing, but at least they're talking. That seems to be the one scene Lena could relax a bit, but then not sure they'd have to act in public, not like anyone cares much much about Lena's efforts to prepare (probably not even her "uncle".
I guess she feels like she has to maintain a "mask" in public that fits the new moniker they gave her .
Old 2021-10-03, 09:56   Link #970
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
So from the look of it there are some Alba living in the Giad Republic and there doesn't seem to be any sort of racial discrimination. They also don't allow minors to go to war. On paper this seems to be a pretty ideal society.

But how exactly did they manage to maintain those standards in the middle of a war that as of now is seeing the Legion as a force that can only be stalled at best?
They do have a normal military and better battle machines. I don't see any problem here.
Old 2021-10-03, 09:58   Link #971
Frontier

Quote:
They do have a normal military and better battle machines. I don't see any problem here.
The prototypes seem kind of clunky but it seems like the military lady wants to use Spearhead to improve them .
Old 2021-10-03, 12:38   Link #972
Yazi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
The prototypes seem kind of clunky but it seems like the military lady wants to use Spearhead to improve them .
If you are referring to the green/dark colored units shown when she mentioned clunky slow machines those are not the prototypes. Those units shown on screen were the mass production Vanagandr that are used by the Federal Gian Republic.
Yazi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 13:16   Link #973
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yazi88 View Post
If you are referring to the green/dark colored units shown when she mentioned clunky slow machines those are not the prototypes. Those units shown on screen were the mass production Vanagandr that are used by the Federal Gian Republic.
Ah, thanks for the clarification .
Old 2021-10-03, 13:36   Link #974
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for s2 ep1:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-03, 13:41   Link #975
sierra117
Harem Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for s2 ep1:
Spoiler for Lena Hair:
Old 2021-10-03, 13:44   Link #976
Tenzen12

Basically same as always. She died her hair because she's in her rebelious phase Well, she's rebelling against opressive decadent system so it's not that immature (probably)
Old 2021-10-03, 14:04   Link #977
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Basically same as always. She died her hair because she's in her rebelious phase Well, she's rebelling against opressive decadent system so it's not that immature (probably)
She's gone Goth .
Old 2021-10-09, 12:02   Link #978
Frontier

Spearhead finally finds something they never thought they would ever experience...civilian life, as they come to be a part of what a real society looks like that isn't the cold, sterile, aryan society of the Republic that cast them off and used them .

Raiden becomes a mover, Theo tries drawing more, Anju becomes a cook, Kurena tries to become a glamorous girl...and Shin just goes to the library and becomes that hot guy all the moms stare at. He also scares kids because he just has those kinds of eyes, but he can't help it .

At least Shin found a friend in Eugene, a dutiful and kind boy who seems to cherish and take care of his little sister, who looks adorable even if she's pretty shy when not around Frederica...and ironically enough, they're both Albans .

I love how Frederica is trying to really turn on the little sister charm to get Shin to do stuff for her and he just does it because she's growing on him .

Nothing quite says getting haunted by your comrades' death then dreaming of Kaie and other fallen Eighty-Six asking for Shin to free them from the Legion. And then they all become heads. Jeez .

The Eighty-Six try to adjust to the life of a civilian away from the battlefield...but to the, it's just not the place where they belong, because a part of them is still stuck in the battlefield fighting the Legion and honoring their fallen comrades' memory. It's all they really know and all they can think of doing with their lives while the threat of the Legion still looms on the front lines .

Was it just me or was that guy who passed by in the distance when Theo asked Anju about how she was feeling look like Daiya ?

Frederica's lucky Raiden is the team mom who knows how to cook. Maybe he's the one who should've taken the cooking classes .

Well, that probably wasn't the Christmas Ernst was hoping for when all his "kids" say they're ready to go back and battle, but he at least wants them to go through proper military education and service so they have some experience and education to fall back on and do stuff when the war is over, because he believes they deserve that much. Not that they seem to believe the war will ever end though .

Look at Raiden mentioning Shin's last words to Lena! And you can see the way Shin kind of stares into space when he mentions it that it hit him .

Frederica seemed like a goofy loli character at first until she starts speaking sage advice on giving the Eighty-Six freedom to make their own decisions while conversely saying that they can't live on battle alone, and then it turns out she's the last Empress of the original Empire of Giad that made the Legion. And she wants to join them to free her knight, Kiriya, who was the Legion unit that attacked them at teh end of the last cour .

The new Ending is like a melancholic ballad. It fits the series well .

Look at everyone in their snazzy new uniforms! Even Frederica .
Old 2021-10-09, 16:41   Link #979
Friday
Im shy too...

the calm before the storm....
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-09, 18:18   Link #980
Twi

My review is done. I've included some additional information from the Light Novel, as this covers Volume 2, Chapter 3.

Tags
harem, mecha, politics, sci-fi