Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2023-12-01, 19:31   Link #1361
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Guess what.

You weren't the only one who thought the same way, japan fans didn't buy it either so sales didn't look good (anime didn't help at all) so the magazine announced that this series ends with the second book. So yeah, Masamune College project ends now.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-01, 20:46   Link #1362
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Nah, having Yoshino win ruins the entire point of her character imho.

I used to hate her but after rewatching both anime seasons, I quite like her.

I just don't like her and Makabe together. They don't have any chemistry and her "feelings" for him are random...like I just can't buy it.
Wdym no chemistry when her relationship with Makabe is much more developed than with Aki and Makabe. And I don't think her developing feelings for him as random when she interacts with him as much in the story.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-02, 12:54   Link #1363
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
Wdym no chemistry when her relationship with Makabe is much more developed than with Aki and Makabe. And I don't think her developing feelings for him as random when she interacts with him as much in the story.
When I say "no chemistry", I mean when they're on screen together, it doesn't feel like we should see them start to make out.

MORE DEVELOPED!? LOL

Aki and Makabe have a beautiful bond since childhood....don't make me laugh.

Yes, Yoshino "interacts" with him but they did not have a single romantic moment until the author decided they should, while Makabe is dating Aki which was FAAAAR too late for me to care.

Also, you're forgetting something REALLY important:

Yoshino does not DESERVE Makabe since she is the root of all his AND AKI'S pain. She not only destroyed BOTH of their childhoods and faith in the opposite sex; she ALSO inflicted the worst trauma onto two innocent little children.

Yoshino did NOT spend the entire series trying to redeem herself just so she can betray Aki AGAIN and get to walk away with the prize that is Makabe's heart.

That's totally f*cked. Would be the worst love story ever. (yes, even more than Twilight lol)

I'm seriously amazed that even ONE person thinks that's a good romance.

Last edited by Chiibi; 2023-12-03 at 02:09.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-03, 13:53   Link #1364
NAJ P. Jackson
Magus

pfft. Beautiful Bond. They had more time misunderstanding each other in their childhood. Last he's seen her he got traumatized because of a misunderstanding so I wouldn't call it a beautiful childhood between them.

Honestly my first impression on Aki was very bad with how callous she was on hurting boys by calling them bad nicknames when she's turning them down and it stuck throughout the story. Which is why I never rooted for them to hook up together.

Anyway it's dust and done. Author ended this manga the way he wanted. Tried to launch a sequel and failed badly. Good riddance.

"Thou art I... And I am thou... Thou hast established a genuine bond... The inner most power of the Awesome Arcana has been set free. We bestow upon thee NAJ P. Jackson, the ultimate form of the Awesome Arcana."

Last edited by NAJ P. Jackson; 2023-12-03 at 14:12.
NAJ P. Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-12-04, 00:53   Link #1365
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAJ P. Jackson View Post
pfft. Beautiful Bond. They had more time misunderstanding each other in their childhood.
I literally shed tears during the flashback episode when smol Makabe hugs smol Aki so yes, I meant what I said!!

Quote:
Honestly my first impression on Aki was very bad with how callous she was on hurting boys by calling them bad nicknames when she's turning them down and it stuck throughout the story.
YEAH, THANK YOSHINO FOR THIS, TOO.

She was the entire reason for Aki's issues AND Makabe's issues. If she hadn't f*cked with them, they would have remained a happy little couple! Makabe wouldn't be obsessed with his appearance and Aki wouldn't be mean to boys!!

Aki is a tsundere. Aki is not the first tsundere character I've encountered. I have a fondness for tsundere characters because they're normally using their 'tsun' as a defense mechanism. I knew Aki must have had a good reason for acting the way she did and I was certainly right; she was scared. She figured that if she made the boys hate her, they would not approach her again, make her fall for them and then break her heart....the way she was TRICKED into thinking her first love did.

What makes things so much worse was that Yoshino chose to do this right after Aki's parents got a divorce. This was devastating for her even before the Makabe incident. This kid is like SEVEN YEARS OLD. She loses a normal family life and then she loses the boy who promised to be there for her. She lost faith in love from these two tragedies. I think if her parents had remained together, she would have turned out a lot better, tbh. But that was too much for this little girl to handle on her own.

Girl just accepted that being alone forever was better than falling in love again.

Big ouch.

Tsundere characters are like those abused cats that live in alleys. You have to slowly let them warm up to you. Approach them too quickly and they'll scratch your face.

[EDIT]

I binge-read the 'Engagement' sequel last night and have NO idea why people hate this. It's turning out to be a very cute story. This author loves twists and I love reading them.
I will definitely check out the rest of his works!

Last edited by Chiibi; 2023-12-04 at 12:07.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bait and switch, harem, romance, tsundere, white knight protagonist