AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 12:38   Link #641
rozenwish

Just finish reading volume 16.
Issei new ability look exactly like funnel from gundam series just with extra divine ability.
rozenwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 13:00   Link #642
Tbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozenwish View Post
Just finish reading volume 16.
Issei new ability look exactly like funnel from gundam series just with extra divine ability.
You should have put that in a spoiler.
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 17:02   Link #643
it_happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusabireika View Post
i wonder how strong is my gasper in vol 16 need wait patiently for yami gasper debut
im personally not sold on gasper new power, yami gasper is just a vampire or god version of saji's vitra promotion all the way down to how he awakens the power.

1. the blood of the Sekiryuutei caused the dragon/god sealed in the sacred gear to awake giving the host new power.

2. gasper gets a new form where he becomes shadows and goes on a rage also copies saji's vitra promotion where saji take dragon king form.

3. i think that if the author is going to make a sacred gear evolve into a new longius then it should be saji's sacred gear. based on why its evolving but then again vitra was the weakest dragon king and im guessing a god is as strong if not stronger.

i agree that gasper deserves a power-up or he's going to fall behind the team but is this really the power up for gasper. he is more of a support type like asia and again his support abilities are great just like asia healing so does he really need to be some superpower with a god its like twighlight healing awakening a goddess that could bring back the dead.

again im not even against gasper getting a power up or even having his sacred gear become a longius what im not sold on is the type of power up it just feels like something goes against the personality of gasper i understand becoming a man and standing up but that doesnt mean he needs a god or longius

but who knows its just my view point i still expect some information and new developments about the unknown holy writings aka volume 16 to come to light which could make everything i spent the last 5 mins typing pointless
it_happens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 17:10   Link #644
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
Originally Posted by it_happens View Post
im personally not sold on gasper new power, yami gasper is just a vampire or god version of saji's vitra promotion all the way down to how he awakens the power.

1. the blood of the Sekiryuutei caused the dragon/god sealed in the sacred gear to awake giving the host new power.

2. gasper gets a new form where he becomes shadows and goes on a rage also copies saji's vitra promotion where saji take dragon king form.

3. i think that if the author is going to make a sacred gear evolve into a new longius then it should be saji's sacred gear. based on why its evolving but then again vitra was the weakest dragon king and im guessing a god is as strong if not stronger.

i agree that gasper deserves a power-up or he's going to fall behind the team but is this really the power up for gasper. he is more of a support type like asia and again his support abilities are great just like asia healing so does he really need to be some superpower with a god its like twighlight healing awakening a goddess that could bring back the dead.

again im not even against gasper getting a power up or even having his sacred gear become a longius what im not sold on is the type of power up it just feels like something goes against the personality of gasper i understand becoming a man and standing up but that doesnt mean he needs a god or longius

but who knows its just my view point i still expect some information and new developments about the unknown holy writings aka volume 16 to come to light which could make everything i spent the last 5 mins typing pointless
no worries everone have different opinion still for me im happy that gasper have spotlight on him and also he become stronger
Old 2013-10-27, 17:40   Link #645
peinmaximus@

It happens,first balor is not a dragon.In the myths he is a demon of irish myths,but in dxd he is a god(not a dragon).second is that to gasper's sacred gear become a longinus this will take a thousand of years and about saji,his sacred gear will never become a longinus because his dragon is the most weak between the dragon kings.I think that vritra is not even in the top 20 of the dragons.then is most impossible that saji's sacred gear become a longinus.remember:saji is not a guy how ise that can make miracles happen.
peinmaximus@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 17:44   Link #646
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peinmaximus@ View Post
It happens,first balor is not a dragon.In the myths he is a demon of irish myths,but in dxd he is a god(not a dragon).second is that to gasper's sacred gear become a longinus this will take a thousand of years and about saji,his sacred gear will never become a longinus because his dragon is the most weak between the dragon kings.I think that vritra is not even in the top 20 of the dragons.then is most impossible that saji's sacred gear become a longinus.remember:saji is not a guy how ise that can make miracles happen.
^ but you remember if author want it saji sg become a longinus so you can take that factor too because the author love to shock and he is very deceptive
Old 2013-10-27, 18:47   Link #647
peinmaximus@

guys,I already know that we still not have information enough for this,but I will try to make a top 20 of the devils to have some notion about ise's actual strenght.
remember,all this top 20 was made by suppositions,then not get mad with me.

top 20
1-rizevim/sirzechs
2-ajuka
3-serafall/greyfia
4-the maou asmodeus
5-diehauser bellial
6-the second in the rating game
7-the third in the rating game
8-the queen of ajuka/the fourth in the rg
9-sutr second(with full power)
10-ise crimson queen +new divine divide powers/euclid
11-tannin/mephisto pheles
12-oukita(the kiba master)
13-macgregor matters
14-old maou lucifer
15-old beelzebub
16-old maou leviathan
17-old maou asmodeus
18-the rook of ajuka
19-sairaorg
20-ruval phenex
Old 2013-10-27, 18:54   Link #648
bones

The whole thing about Issei taking them along is subject to Rias approval. It's not something that Issei can promise by himself. Until. I see him and Rias having a talk about it with her accepting that promise doesn't really amount to anything.

For Xenovia vs Arthur, the odds are extremely against her as they're both holy sword users and the one thing a sword user needs above everything else is techniques which is still her weak point although she has made some progress in that area. As for the holy swords, we don't know anything about Collbrande's power as compared to Ex-Durandal so there's no point arguing about which sword is more powerful.

As for Koneko vs Kuroka, all she has achieved after 16 volumes is that she has finally reached where Kuroka was at during their first encounter. Kuroka should be even more powerful now. I can't see Koneko beating Kuroka as she is now in Vol 16.

As for Asia, well until Fafnir is in a real fight there's no way to actually gauge his power level.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:59   Link #649
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
guys,I already know that we still not have information enough for this,but I will try to make a top 20 of the devils to have some notion about ise's actual strenght.
remember,all this top 20 was made by suppositions,then not get mad with me.

top 20
1-rizevim/sirzechs
2-ajuka
3-serafall/greyfia
4-the maou asmodeus
5-diehauser bellial
6-the second in the rating game
7-the third in the rating game
8-the queen of ajuka/the fourth in the rg
9-sutr second(with full power)
10-ise crimson queen +new divine divide powers/euclid
11-tannin/mephisto pheles
12-oukita(the kiba master)
13-macgregor matters
14-old maou lucifer
15-old beelzebub
16-old maou leviathan
17-old maou asmodeus
18-the rook of ajuka
19-sairaorg
20-ruval phenex
you know peinmaximus rating them in top 20 is kinda useless like somethindarker said the author is very deceptive like your no.19 sairog he is as strong as issei and the only pure devil who have longinus, though i respect your ^ post coz i dont want to cause a flame so i leave as that coz sometime anwsering you on top 20-10 is kinda repetetive sorry
Old 2013-10-27, 19:09   Link #650
it_happens

Quote:
It happens,first balor is not a dragon.In the myths he is a demon of irish myths,but in dxd he is a god(not a dragon).
Yes, im already aware that what lives inside first balor is in fact not a dragon but a god. I did not know where it originated from so knowing its a irish myth is interesting so thanks for that

Quote:
second is that to gasper's sacred gear become a longinus this will take a thousand of years
I speculated that it would be something like that but after thinking about it the ability of the sacred gear which is to control time it opposite of an already known longinus dimension lost which can create space so on ability alone it is true that its potential is longinus class, so i apoligize if it seems like im downplaying gasper sg. but what im not liking is how both virtra and the creature inside gasper sg awoke due to ise blood and how they are developing similar ofcourse theres no rules that two people cant awaken powers or train or develop the same way it just feels like it didnt work for saji so the author is trying it on gasper instead of making a new awakening plot.

Quote:
and about saji,his sacred gear will never become a longinus because his dragon is the most weak between the dragon kings.
I also am aware of this I stated as well that virtra was the weakest dragon king and that a god or someone with god class powers would be AS STRONG IF NOT STRONGER.

Quote:
I think that vritra is not even in the top 20 of the dragons.
Now if you would excuse me and please explain how you came to this conclusion if there was someone who said this I would like to see it, saying virtra is not in the top 20 dragons (DRAGONS ONLY) is a speculation that needs supporting facts reasons being.
1. virtra's different abilities alone cause problems for enemies if used properly.
2. saying virtra is not top 20 says that his Dragon King title means nothing and kind of down plays other dragon kings.
3. theres at most 15 dragons worth mentioning(not including 666 cause i dont even know what it is and lillith cause she other half of ophis) so theres not way that 5 or 6 new dragons are gonna come and just fill in the other top 20 spots to move virtra out the top 20.
4. 15 dragons worth mentioned by author:
-True Dragon
-Dragon God
-2 Heavenly Dragons
-5 dragon kings
-5 evil dragons
-former dragon king tannin(mention cause he was said to be one of the strongest when he was a dragon king)
-- the only known fact about these dragons is virtra is weakest and big red is strongest

Quote:
then is most impossible that saji's sacred gear become a longinus.remember:saji is not a guy how ise that can make miracles happen.
and the same can be said about gasper he doesnt really make miracles happen either BUT if either gasper or saji sg do become longinus could be because they both have connections with ise, and gasper way more than saji
Old 2013-10-27, 19:42   Link #651
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

you know rating them is useless coz all you know the author love to shock us so it's no wonder for me that saji mutate to longinus or sairog become an equal on issei in term of strength you must remember that ddraig once commented on sairog evolving strength?

._. i wont argue peinmaximus@ anymore coz its kinda repetive unless he ask a different question that doesnt scope the top 10-20 strongest, who is stronger ?? or the ending of vol 16 that's all sorry if offend you gonna respect her/his post/question/speculation instead
Old 2013-10-27, 20:00   Link #652
it_happens

^ I agree because someone could just get a boost in power the only thing that's guaranteed by everyone is Great Red is Thee strongest being (SO FAR)

--- But one thing that dxd is focusing on and is highlighting well is that people could match up well against one person and bad against the next.

ex. ise the devil and Sekiryuutei is naturally stronger than the human cao cao but cao cao having the holy spear and being a technique type can fight on par with ise
( match ups like this are starting to take shape in the dxd fights more and more every chapter causing fights to be harder and harder to predict )

another one ( also focusing on ise cause he's main character ) is ise vs a magic type like ley fay, unless they have good summons, defensive magic, and offensive magic they would have trouble against ise who is a power type who specialize offence and defense.
( and ise prob wont fight ley fay no reason too. )
Old 2013-10-27, 20:01   Link #653
Phoenix221186
Butt Theory Creator xD

its getting boring .. cause it doesnt matter what we think or how we rank them becasue the author is gonna do whatever he wants its like when samael appear .. we got opfis as the strongest and was not able to escape the dragon eater .. or when cao cao appear it took isse like 4 tries to beat him and he beat him only because of luck

cao cao a mere human took on 2 heavenly dragons , azazel and all the girl in vali and rias team on his own .. yet he fall because isse drop some of samael blood on him ..

power levels are useless until the story is over because only then we will get the right way to rank them
Old 2013-10-27, 20:07   Link #654
Tbolt

If everyone will hold up I will get my pickup and haul this dead horse away so no one else will beat it.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:48   Link #655
peinmaximus@

sorry it happen,I wanted to say that vritra is in top 15 not top 20.really sorry.
too I think that great red still strong than 666.I think that ophis with her original power is strong how great red with 20% of all his powers.I think that no one in DxD(same 666)can defeat great red.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:58   Link #656
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

just finish the HS DxD Power-Set Thread ._. it's mini info though dxd wikia is still the best i hope its help the discussion and help keep some of the arguments to a minimum
Old 2013-10-27, 23:20   Link #657
Tbolt

I wonder if Ise's Familiar Ryuuteimaru will take everyone to Romania. Since it can change to anything Ise can imagine.
Old 2013-10-27, 23:51   Link #658
Chris38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
I wonder if Ise's Familiar Ryuuteimaru will take everyone to Romania. Since it can change to anything Ise can imagine.
Yeah, but Ise's familiar growth is also limited by the amount of aura that Ise has, and I doubt that Ise's aura has increased to the point, where his familiar could grow to the point of being capable of carrying everyone to Romania - since, probably only a few days have passed, between the end of volume 15 and the starting point of volume 16.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-28, 00:26   Link #659
dragonroots
Carefree Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
it grows both over time and according to it's owner's aura, from Surtr Seconds explanation it sounded like it will take years before it becomes large enough and strong enough to carry his team (right now it's limited to carrying 1 person only) however i expect the author will probably implement some sort of spell or something that will allow it to mature sooner (perhaps it will age faster in the dimensional gap or something) and become large enough to use as a base of operations for the Gremory group.
Old 2013-10-28, 06:47   Link #660
Breimoon

i think it will be first used to go in the dimensional gap instead to go to romania
Breimoon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel, translation