AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Old 2008-04-24, 00:37   Link #1181
Niu
YOU FACTORING HECTOPASCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I just hope he doesn't get overused like Takehito Koyasu though, as great as his voice is too.
I think Koyasu's problem, instead of saying overuse, it is more like he got assigned to roles not best of him. Take the current show for example. Whose idea it is to have him voice Excalibur? When he could probably do better with Asura.
Niu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 00:45   Link #1182
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post

As much as Black Star annoys me - he's definitely got involved in the funniest moments of the series so far for me.
that about sums it up for me too, I can't stand his overall personality, but they had some great moments.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 01:09   Link #1183
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

As much as I dislike Naruto (character), I simply can't bring myself to hate Black Star.
Old 2008-04-24, 03:10   Link #1184
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
late night version had nothing new again???
D a m i e n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 03:12   Link #1185
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
As much as I dislike Naruto (character), I simply can't bring myself to hate Black Star.
Well, Black Star isn't the main character. He's got friends, but he doesn't have everyone remarking on his potential, or how he's got this mysterious power that makes people believe in him or whatever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 03:28   Link #1186
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Well, Black Star isn't the main character. He's got friends, but he doesn't have everyone remarking on his potential, or how he's got this mysterious power that makes people believe in him or whatever.
true but...I was really hoping that sword guy would win D: I never outright wanted naruto to lose like that XD of course BS winning means tsubaki won too, so I guess its 50/50 :P
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 03:49   Link #1187
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
I am pretty sure I would still think of Black Star as a cool character even if he were the lead.

Then again, I hope the anime takes the time to explain why our heroes have no trouble whatsoever in trying to kill innocent people. After all, Blair wasn't doing anything wrong when Maka and Soul attacked her, and Mifune was simply defending Angela when Black and Tsubaki dedided to kill her for the sake of powering themselves up. >_< !
Old 2008-04-24, 04:25   Link #1188
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Innocent? It was explained that they grouped evil guys for their target .. and witch is also considered as evil guys(gals).. Blair was wrongly targeted as witch and Angela is a witch as well (albeit underage) Mifune was her bodyguard.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 04:30   Link #1189
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

But what did Angela do, besides being a witch? Is it ok to kill people just because of what they are, of what they were born as?
Old 2008-04-24, 05:37   Link #1190
Clarste
Human

Quote:
But what did Angela do, besides being a witch? Is it ok to kill people just because of what they are, of what they were born as?
Of course. Do you ever see anyone question demonslayers or vampire hunters? Well, sometimes you do, but it's really not too absurd for creatures to be simply evil in a fantasy setting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 06:38   Link #1191
Eclipze

I guess it's because Angela looks quite like a regular human being with no real "evil" intentions or whatever - compared to:
Spoiler for episode 3:

I mean, between bishie vampires in Vampire Knights or fugly vampires in most horror movies...which would you run away from first?
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 06:40   Link #1192
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

If the vampires aren't murderous bloodsuckers - of course indiscriminate vampire hunters are going to be questioned. It's the same for demons, or witches. What they do is what makes them evil, and ok to kill. So, what did that little girl do?
Old 2008-04-24, 07:06   Link #1193
Clarste
Human

Quote:
If the vampires aren't murderous bloodsuckers - of course indiscriminate vampire hunters are going to be questioned. It's the same for demons, or witches. What they do is what makes them evil, and ok to kill. So, what did that little girl do?
I agree it's kind of weird that the first witch we see is the apparently harmless one, but it's really not a stretch at all to assume that witches are murderous bloodsuckers or equivalent. She doesn't have to do anything, she just has to be something. For all we know at this point witches kill people passively just by existing.

Anyway, I do think the story has an obligation to explain what exactly a witch is at some point, but I don't think it's fundamentally weird for a story to portray beings which should be killed on sight.

Last edited by Clarste; 2008-04-24 at 07:23.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 07:07   Link #1194
Eclipze

Quote:
Yea and what if some of those vampires have done nothing wrong other than trying to fit in to the human world while living on those blood packs from hospitals?

While one can assume by the storytelling that Angela is a nice little innocent witch, we've only seen her for what, a few minutes? We don't know what she has been doing before B*S came to find her, so its entirely possible that she isn't as innocent as she looks, however improbable.
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 07:12   Link #1195
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Witches in general are considered destructive creatures, who despise humans and Shiben(sp?) and the Shinigami exist to protect humans from them. Angela targeted because she is Witch, but nothing else was known about her other than that. She's only considered to be not danger to anyone after they meet her. She is only one of the few rare exceptions among her kind unfortunately. Nobody knows if she will grow up to harm humans since her stiuation unique, Black Star could end up regretting it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Anyway, I do think the story has an obligation to explain what exactly a witch is at some point, but I don't think it's fundamentally weird for a story to portray beings which should be killed on sight. Ask yourself this: if she looked like a giant mutant squid would you be thinking this?
If the anime continues following the Manga there should be an episode that gives some insight into Witches.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2008-04-24 at 12:51.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 12:41   Link #1196
Zoe

Once again, no changes in the late show.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 12:48   Link #1197
RyougaElliot
Dancing Madly

Any extended trailer?

Or absolutely nothing this time.
RyougaElliot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:13   Link #1198
Boduar

I dont know why people are comparing naruto and black star so much besides the fact there both acting like ninjas. If anything black star is more like zaraki kenpachi who fights for fun not about winning or losing and when he actually gets serious he kicks a$$. Black star *afaik* doesnt have any hidden power or something he pulls out of nowhere its just the fact hes a goof-off and likes to screw around so he just doesnt use his abilities unless he gets serious, mainly for the reason that if he did it wouldnt be as much fun.
Boduar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 13:44   Link #1199
Zoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyougaElliot View Post
Any extended trailer?

Or absolutely nothing this time.
Extended trailer, but IMO, you saw more in the original. I'll need to see it again though.
Zoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-24, 14:27   Link #1200
xris
Just call me Ojisan

New Soul Eater forum now open.

Please post in the appropriate threads and leave this one for the more generic discussion
xris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, death the kid, shounen, soul eater