AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-01, 22:59   Link #21
monir
cho~ kakkoii

I always thought that was a real underwear. Practical side to wearing an underwear is that Chouji always have a spare. Its not like he always watches what he eats. Accidents can happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
If they ever do catch up to the manga then what are you gonna do?
Other than committing seppuku? Turn to Bleach.

PS.. Thank you for the cool overview, Justin823
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 00:37   Link #22
Archaic

Well, it looks like we now know how they're going to manage the filler arc. While there's going to be original episodes like this as well, from the preview of ep 100, it looks like they'll split the Lee subplot from the main story and focus on that first, before moving onto Sasuke's plot.

I'll have to download the ep and watch it again though. I didn't quite catch what Tsunade was saying while she
Spoiler:
Archaic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 00:40   Link #23
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
I always thought that was a real underwear. Practical side to wearing an underwear is that Chouji always have a spare. Its not like he always watches what he eats. Accidents can happen.Other than committing seppuku? Turn to Bleach.

PS.. Thank you for the cool overview, Justin823
Then what is he going to wear on his.... the dirty pair?

Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 01:01   Link #24
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I wanted to post some cool pics for the episode treat of this week, however, since there are lots of anit-Sakura fans around here, I'll leave some for Konohamarus' memories.

Warning, Highly Spoiler
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 01:07   Link #25
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
I wanted to post some cool pics for the episode treat of this week, however, since there are lots of anit-Sakura fans around here, I'll leave some for Konohamarus' memories.

Warning, Highly Spoiler
Spoiler:
Just because there are some Anti-Sakura people here (myself included) shouldn't stop you from posting pics. That isn't fair to the Sakura fans.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:38   Link #26
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Episode 99 by Anime-Heaven is out.

Direct download: Here
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 03:50   Link #27
Reticia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
Episode 99 by Anime-Heaven is out.

Direct download: Here
Erm the transfer rate keeps going lower and lower Anyway, thanks for the link
Old 2004-09-02, 04:41   Link #28
ShikaShika
無罪

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_nevels666
Too much filler can ruin a show as well. I'd rather they'd just keep going without filler until they catch up to the manga, then stop, and continue when there's more new manga. (Although I realize that's not very likely to happen.)
I'll have to agree. I think it's really stupid to not have these long running animes to make use of seasons. I don't want to see something new, I want what the author intended to be seen in animated form. But meh, I think it's time for me to realize the good days of Naruto may be over... They had a chance to make a rather long filler arc on the way back to Konoha, but they didn't take it. Now it looks like they'll add in filler everywhere instead which really turns me off.
ShikaShika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 04:52   Link #29
Voltage
若い雷

Send a message via AIM to Voltage
Just watched the episode, I thought it was pretty good, animation wise. I don't like to be negative about every episode so I'll just mention the good side of it.

I didn't think it was worthless filler.
It was pretty funny to me.
And I enjoyed it.
Voltage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 04:57   Link #30
TheBruce

Seriously, wtf are you manga guys saying about how this filler episode sucked. It was ALL character development, it went into detail about how Tsunade is reluctant to become the 5th and how the 3rd's grandson is upset for a number of reasons, as he should be...

Or do you just think someone takes up the mantle of Hokage and all the responsibility it entails without being hesitant for multiple reasons? Or a grandson of the leader of the Village would be ecstatic that theirs a new leader?

I know this series is based on fights and techniques, but developing endearing characters, Jiraiya, Tsunade, Konohamaru is what makes the story rich. And guess what, all three of those characters have been completely bolstered and enriched by the ANIME.

Some of the funniest situations in the naruto world have dealt with the Konohamaru/Naruto relationship. So I'm sorry to say, but plot development on those two only enriches the story.

And I KNOW people would bitch and complain if there weren't these fillers and the anime caught up to the manga. Also, have you stopped and thought that these fillers relieve the pressure put on the Manga creator?? Yes, it diverges a bit from the story, but in doing so it gives the creator time to think serious plot points through and develop interesting fights/conflicts. Without these fillers you manga readers despise, your manga would turn to trash.

P.S. since its subbed at AH not going to put spoiler tags on.
TheBruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 05:20   Link #31
yinstro

this was another poor filler episode, some say its charachter de3velopment, but it developped little to nothing about the chars, other than the sakura lee meeting it seemed pretty pointless. As far as what that guy was saying.. the manga creators writing is completely uneffected by whether there is filler or not, no matter how little or fast he writes the anime will still catch up. My problem with filler is its so poorly executed, konohamaru's defiance just didnt feel real. it was nice to see tsunade walk through the traps with ease, but this is like a complete throw away episide, i had better hopes for it from the previous episide, but it was pretty dumb overall, well i hope they plan to just get all the filler out the way now, because thier writing and execution would be a horrible break once the main story starts
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 05:48   Link #32
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

The anime will most likely be just like the manga except from the unnecesary episodes like this one.

The Anime team in Naruto follow the manga too blindly, so they probably never will change anything that is written in the manga, not change anything drastic about the story that is.
Hopefully the Anime team will make something better then this crap once the Anime catches up, which it probably will in like 30 weeks
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 06:11   Link #33
Rhythmic
I <3 Hina-chan!

Average episode at best,

It would be sweet if they made a arc with a different team for filler, Like they go on a small mission or something.

well, It would only be cool if it was Hina-Chans group

Well I will say this,

I like how the anime team is handling rocklee,
from the looks of it, They are switching around and making it like Rock has his surgery sooner than the manga, Which is good cause it hardly made sense in the manga to have him run to help naruto while just getting surgery done ;/
Rhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 06:52   Link #34
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltage
Just watched the episode, I thought it was pretty good, animation wise. I don't like to be negative about every episode so I'll just mention the good side of it.

I didn't think it was worthless filler.
It was pretty funny to me.
And I enjoyed it.
Yep, there is worthless filler (/me glares @ ep 97) and interesting filler (ep 99 among others)

Spoiler:
LuckyStrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:04   Link #35
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
Yep, there is worthless filler (/me glares @ ep 97) and interesting filler (ep 99 among others)

Spoiler:
Naruto used both of his hands before. Only time he used a clone was vs Kabuto.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:06   Link #36
Steffa
Ninja Guru

to tell u the truth guys i thought that for the 100 episode they would have done something special...instead nothing.....i think the filler episodes are a good thing but we shouldn't be so nasty about it after all...the anime is sort playing it out for the movie time slot and when it comes out they might then pick it up again...
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:14   Link #37
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
Naruto used both of his hands before. Only time he used a clone was vs Kabuto.
The only time we have seen him do a complete Rasengan is with a clone i.e. the real naruto holds out his palm (right palm Vs Kabuto) and the clone uses both of its hands to generate Rasengan, the other times so far in the anime using just himself is incomplete.

Last edited by LuckyStrike; 2004-09-02 at 07:51.
Old 2004-09-02, 07:18   Link #38
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyStrike
The only time we have seen him do a complete Rasengan is with a clone i.e. the real naruto holds out his palm (right palm Vs Kabuto) and the clone uses both of its hands to generate Rasengan, the other times so far in the anime using just himself is incomplete.
Okay, my bad. End of discussion, because this is an anime thread and spoilers are not alloved.

So remove the spoilers now.
Late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 07:35   Link #39
LuckyStrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Late
Okay, my bad. End of discussion, because this is an anime thread and spoilers are not alloved.

So remove the spoilers now.
What spoiler?
Old 2004-09-02, 07:37   Link #40
Steffa
Ninja Guru

ain't you supposed to put up the spoiler tags???

i think these forum rules are getting crazy or maybe the people running the system are going crazy...We need NEO where's neo when u need him?
Steffa is offline   Reply With Quote